Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ARGH.... what did I do?!? *runs around panicking*

*breath ... breath*

In spoiler-tags cause wildly off-topic but I have to throw it out into the open for a moment... it's a work-related, or should I say possibly resign-and-have-new-job-related (but let's not get ahead of ourselves).

Spoiler:
    So, I'm on LinkedIn and about a week ago I liked a post from a company that was looking for Digital Automation Engineers. I didn't think much of it, but then I got a PM from the person who posted that particular post, saying she had looked at my profile and if I was, by any chance, looking for some new opportunities.

I was surprised to see her message, knew that it was from that one post, and I thought... well, sure... what sort of opportunity did you have in mind. She responded it was the DAE I'd seen earlier and I might have to add that the first requirement was having a bachelor's or masters' degree in Computer Sciences or Engineering, or relevant experience. I have no masters or bachelor in anything, and I have about 4 years of experience in UiPath automation process writing -- I can do mildly complex processes.

I thought she hadn't given my profile the best look cause it clearly says that I don't actually have a degree in anything -- other than an official certificate as Desktop Publisher (graphic design).

Anywho, reluctantly I pulled out my CV (which I had updated in May when I foolishly applied at Deloitte for a similar position) and pretty much hit send with my eyes closed and "OH GODDESS, what have I done? CTRL+Z this immediately."

Gmail doesn't have that instant-regret-get-it-back feature...

Anywho ... again... I thought... well, now that she has seen my CV and properly knows that I'm probably not the most qualified person, she's gonna (maybe) mail me back saying that they are looking for someone with a little more experience and you know what... that would have been fine by me cause it really is a bit above my experience-level maybe.

WRONG!!

I just got an email back that she wants to schedule a first intake dialogue with me, send me a 60 minute online logic test. If I can look at the cases they've been working and give the Foundation training on the UiPath website a look -- which I incidently already have an account at and done a fair amount of courses already.

And now I'm slightly panicking cause... OH MY GODDESS, I didn't see that coming.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

[QUOTE=Falcon Horus;n16732578]ARGH.... what did I do?!? *runs around panicking*

*breath ... breath*

In spoiler-tags cause wildly off-topic but I have to throw it out into the open for a moment... it's a work-related, or should I say possibly resign-and-have-new-job-related (but let's not get ahead of ourselves).

I am guessing that this is a good thing, in that it is something you would like to be doing, if they accept your level of knowledge.
      But what you are freaking out about is your actual lack of education credentials.
      Sometimes knowledge gained from practical application of doing a job is more valuable than theory learned from books.
      You say they wish to "send me a 60 minute online logic test." Which you will answer to the best of your ability, and they will then judge how satisfactory you are for their requirements and say yes or no.

Trust in yourself and go for it, you either get a new job, or you stay where you are.
      http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Whew! Had a busy, busy day yesterday raiding the mainland to continue stocking the larder for winter. (Yay, Costco had the European Christmas Cookies tins out! Now we've got to go back soon and see if we can score the Walkers Shortbread tins; we missed out on those last year. )

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        My laptop problems are now settled, so I'm back! I'm glad GW is still working and that you all didn't burn down the internet!!
        Same here! Sometimes, the mischief just cannot be contained...

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        ARGH.... what did I do?!? *runs around panicking*

*breath ... breath*

Whoa! That was fast! I think Who Knows is right, a lot of times, actual practical experience can count for more than formal education. And I recall you were expressing concern recently about your current team leader getting promoted and the possibility of a rather bad colleague getting moved into her position. So...this could be a good move for you. Get a good look at this company; is the pay/benefits going to be as good or better than where you are now?, how is the work environment over there, what are your potential new co-workers going to be like?, etc. Take a deep breath, take your time, and make the best decision for you. *hugs*
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

My sister pretty much said the same thing.

I'm gonna go with the flow, even if the flow is a rapid in the falcon-river.
          I'll be sure to keep you posted.

Comment

Well your sister & Scarry Kitty seem pretty level-headed, you could do worse than listen to them.
            I am glad you have calmed down now & are content to let things run their course.
            But I do not know how you could end up in rapids in Canada from where you are? Mmo9zFu.gif

I would give you a hug too, as long as I do not get charged with sexual harassment. Best I can do is 2RWCHUN.gif
            http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
              But I do not know how you could end up in rapids in Canada from where you are? Mmo9zFu.gif
              There are no rivers in Belgium big enough to create rapids... I may have to borrow some Canadian ones.

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
              I would give you a hug too, as long as I do not get charged with sexual harassment. Best I can do is 2RWCHUN.gif
              I am not easily offended though it may feel like you're hugging a tree (as my best friend used to say) since I'll completely freeze up.

I had to learn to hug cause I grew up in a family where affection isn't shown through hugs or embraces.
              My best friend was my jedi and I the padawan.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

There are no rivers in Belgium big enough to create rapids...
                See, there you go. Nice, calm river ride ahead. ​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​
                I am not easily offended though it may feel like you're hugging a tree (as my best friend used to say) since I'll completely freeze up.

I had to learn to hug cause I grew up in a family where affection isn't shown through hugs or embraces.
                My best friend was my jedi and I the padawan.
                Practicing on stuffed animals is good. I do it all the time. *hugs*
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

FH - sounds like a good opportunity! I agree with the others.

Hugging sucks. I avoid at all costs. Except for kids.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Hugging sucks. I avoid at all costs. Except for kids.
                    And stuffed animals!

Comment

Well, I've rehydrated myself after a drool fest watching Kenneth Branagh's version of Much Ado About Nothing last night. As I said on Tumblr.... Denzel Washington and Keanu Reeves doing Shakespeare....... *drools* And Benedick and Beatrice are my relationship goals. (Reason #3494 why I'm single).

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      And stuffed animals!
                      I'll accept that.

And RI lost badly again. They started out so well.

Tomorrow both the Patriots and the Raiders are playing at 1pm. (Not playing each other - that's in December). They are both playing teams that they *could* beat. And in the Raiders case, they better damn well win against the Titans, who are also 0-2 and are generally known as not a good team. If they lose that one, they will become 0-3 and I will have to give up hope for even a moderately decent season.

Comment

Today (Sunday) I'll be adding Andy Serkis and Allyssa Milano's autographs to my collection.
                        Maybe Dan Fogler (Fantastic Beasts) and/or Emily Swallow (The Mandalorian) too but those are optional. Also, bought a phototicket with Andy, though with the price quite steep (100 euro), it'll be a double op with my sister. His autograph is 90 euro but he's worth it so happily parting with my money.

Comment

I'm going to the local Japanese festival tomorrow. It has some good food.
                          sigpic
                          Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Well, I've rehydrated myself after a drool fest watching Kenneth Branagh's version of Much Ado About Nothing last night. As I said on Tumblr.... Denzel Washington and Keanu Reeves doing Shakespeare....... *drools* And Benedick and Beatrice are my relationship goals. (Reason #3494 why I'm single).
                            Joining you on the spoiled-by-fictional-couples wagon...

Today (Sunday) I'll be adding Andy Serkis and Allyssa Milano's autographs to my collection.
                            Maybe Dan Fogler (Fantastic Beasts) and/or Emily Swallow (The Mandalorian) too but those are optional. Also, bought a phototicket with Andy, though with the price quite steep (100 euro), it'll be a double op with my sister. His autograph is 90 euro but he's worth it so happily parting with my money.
                            Whoo Hoo! Have fun, sounds like it'll be grand!

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                            Japanese food is awesome! Hope you have a tasty time!

And RI lost badly again. They started out so well.

Tomorrow both the Patriots and the Raiders are playing at 1pm. (Not playing each other - that's in December). They are both playing teams that they *could* beat. And in the Raiders case, they better damn well win against the Titans, who are also 0-2 and are generally known as not a good team. If they lose that one, they will become 0-3 and I will have to give up hope for even a moderately decent season.
                            Yeah, I gave up on pro football long ago. College football is traumatic enough.

Speaking of which, here's this week's College Football Roundup! A mostly good but still nerve wracking outing this time, as USC squeaked past Oregon State in a nailbiting 17-14, Tennessee beat Florida 38-33, Rhode Island lost to Pittsburgh 45-24, and in the race for the Atlantis Cup, Navy beat East Carolina 23-20 in double overtime, and Air Force beat Nevada 48-20. On to next week!

Comment

Sounds like a great time!! Glad you had fun!!

Originally posted by Morgania
                              Enjoy!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                              Joining you on the spoiled-by-fictional-couples wagon...
                              I've been spoiled by fictional men in particular. What real man could compete with a John Sheppard or Peeta Mellark or Garcia Flynn?? None, that's who.

I had a horrible football day. Patriots and Raiders both lost, and the Patriots QB got injured. We don't know yet how severe it is. Then I thought... well, at least if Tom Brady and the Bucs can beat Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay then at least I will have that (I reaaaaally dislike Aaron Rodgers). But Brady lost too! I was like..... what the hell, people? Can't I have one thing I want today????

Comment

Optional autograph from Emily Swallow who is an awesome person.

Dan Fogler was grumpy and very standoff-ish. It felt like he was bored and not in the mood to be signing autographs or even be there. He was playing loud music, preventing a normal conversation from happening. In fact, I found him very rude and his image and reputation are shot as far as we are concerned. I didn't get his autograph but my sister did.

Andy Serkis was awesome though, taking his time with everyone. Alyssa Milano seemed a bit absent but she was still friendly, unlike Dan. She seemed to be pre-occupied but smiled and said hi nonetheless. A real trooper -- unlike Dan.

Dammit, if you agree to do conventions but then end up with a foul mood... then fake it, you're a bloody actor.

Anywho... had a good day. Will post a few images on Insta later -- may include my photo with Andy.

Comment

Working...
                                X