No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I've been spoiled by fictional men in particular. What real man could compete with a John Sheppard or Peeta Mellark or Garcia Flynn?? None, that's who.

I had a horrible football day. Patriots and Raiders both lost, and the Patriots QB got injured. We don't know yet how severe it is. Then I thought... well, at least if Tom Brady and the Bucs can beat Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay then at least I will have that (I reaaaaally dislike Aaron Rodgers). But Brady lost too! I was like..... what the hell, people? Can't I have one thing I want today????
    Oh, that sucks! Hopefully next week's games will go better. *hugs*

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Optional autograph from Emily Swallow who is an awesome person.

Dan Fogler was grumpy and very standoff-ish. It felt like he was bored and not in the mood to be signing autographs or even be there. He was playing loud music, preventing a normal conversation from happening. In fact, I found him very rude and his image and reputation are shot as far as we are concerned. I didn't get his autograph but my sister did.

Andy Serkis was awesome though, taking his time with everyone. Alyssa Milano seemed a bit absent but she was still friendly, unlike Dan. She seemed to be pre-occupied but smiled and said hi nonetheless. A real trooper -- unlike Dan.

Dammit, if you agree to do conventions but then end up with a foul mood... then fake it, you're a bloody actor.

Anywho... had a good day. Will post a few images on Insta later -- may include my photo with Andy.
    Aw man! Sucks about Dan, but glad everyone else was having a good time with the fans and that you still had a great day!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I got my covid booster and flu shot on Monday afternoon. Each of the 3 previous covid shots I got, I became extremely tired afterwards and ended up sleeping for a long stretch of time. I was actually looking forward to that happening this time, since sleep has been elusive lately. Well, it's now 2am and I'm wide awake.

Dammit, if you agree to do conventions but then end up with a foul mood... then fake it, you're a bloody actor.

Anywho... had a good day. Will post a few images on Insta later -- may include my photo with Andy.
      Too bad about Dan Fogler. You're right, though. They are getting paid a lot of money to appear at these conventions. It's a job. So act the part if you must.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
      Oh, that sucks! Hopefully next week's games will go better. *hugs*
      Thanks! *glomps* The Patriots QB has a "severe high ankle sprain" and they don't know how long he'll be out.

And now the Raiders are the only team with a 0-3 score. They are the lowest team out of them all. They should have kept the temp coach they had last season. He got them to the playoffs. Instead they went with a guy who was an assistant coach of the Patriots, who seems to suck at the head coach job (this is his second head coach job, he blew the first one).

Now I'm going to watch The Storm/The Eye! Good times!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

I got my covid booster and flu shot on Monday afternoon. Each of the 3 previous covid shots I got, I became extremely tired afterwards and ended up sleeping for a long stretch of time. I was actually looking forward to that happening this time, since sleep has been elusive lately. Well, it's now 2am and I'm wide awake.
        Ugh, what the heck stupid booster?!?

Thanks! *glomps* The Patriots QB has a "severe high ankle sprain" and they don't know how long he'll be out.

And now the Raiders are the only team with a 0-3 score. They are the lowest team out of them all. They should have kept the temp coach they had last season. He got them to the playoffs. Instead they went with a guy who was an assistant coach of the Patriots, who seems to suck at the head coach job (this is his second head coach job, he blew the first one).

Now I'm going to watch The Storm/The Eye! Good times!!
        Ah, nothing like a rewatch of The Storm/The Eye to put one in a good mood.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Great, I just finished my assessment test and I bombed like a one-braincelled idiot.

The verbal bit will probably be excellent. It was in English and I noticed a spellingmistake in the question, but then there was also a logic test and maths.

Sorry to JT for what I'm about to say next... I don't do maths. Maths confuses the hell out of me and I rarely get what I'm supposed to do so I totally bombed that part. The logic test could be okay but I doubt it.

I actually felt like crying during the test... my confidence didn't come out unscathed, that's for sure.

I'm tempted to tell them that maybe I'm not the best candidate for the job...
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Iā€™m back! Though my consistency may not improve for a bit. I have about a month left carrying a near full time side project, along with my regular work and school. And parenting of course,lol. I paid the price for the vacay but am slowly getting back to a normal state of being perpetually behind.

JT2 thatā€™s a bummer about the booster. That wasnā€™t even in my radar, so Iā€™m glad you mentioned it. Hope you get through the post booster ick quickly.

SK- glad you mentioned the Costco run. I need to hit my store up for some cookies too!

Great, I just finished my assessment test and I bombed like a one-braincelled idiot.

The verbal bit will probably be excellent. It was in English and I noticed a spellingmistake in the question, but then there was also a logic test and maths.

Sorry to JT for what I'm about to say next... I don't do maths. Maths confuses the hell out of me and I rarely get what I'm supposed to do so I totally bombed that part. The logic test could be okay but I doubt it.

I actually felt like crying during the test... my confidence didn't come out unscathed, that's for sure.

Sorry to hear that. Testing sucks. It amazes me anyone with uses those anymore instead of just going through some applicable skills demonstrations. Not a good experience for sure. I wonder if the test is specific to the job or general for the organization (sorry, may have missed that). My thought was maybe the math was intentionally challenging for those pursuing math heavy roles but everyone else has to suffer. Either way, Iā€™d wager you probably did better than you think! Hang in there. The test hangover will subside eventually!

Comment

The verbal bit will probably be excellent. It was in English and I noticed a spelling mistake in the question, but then there was also a logic test and maths.

I'm not buying this Falcon, who told you you bombed? (You very well may have, but this was not a 'self-assessment' test, it is up to them to tell you)

OK, you are happy (and comfortable) with English, that is a pass.
              All the Lemmings I have met are pretty levelheaded & logical, that is a pass.
              I left school 50 years ago with an O level in maths, but my grandkids maths is a complete mystery to me, but I can get the right answer sometimes (maybe???). I just bluff it.

You NEVER cry, you do not give anybody the satisfaction of knowing they have upset you.

Do NOT tell them you are not the best candidate for the job, that is their prerogative, not yours.

You just wait and see what they say, maybe they agree with you, but maybe they like you & your honest answers & have another job in mind for your special talents.

Everybody has hidden talents that they do not realise, so keep your chin up (Oh, I hope it is better now) and think positive.
              LZenduu.gif Good luck my friend.
              http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

ā€‹ ā€‹

Comment

Thanks for the pep-talk!

My sister had to do the exact same test for her job as project manager assistent so it's not tied to the job, but we both agreed that anyone using this sort of tests isn't a recruiter (which is actually true for the person I'm in contact with) and thereby doesn't have much of a clue what they are supposed to be looking at.

Job-related tests I understand. I've done a few of those when applying for graphic design jobs, but general personality tests... those don't tell anyone whether I'll be able to do the job they want me to do.

And if you must know, I'm an INTJ:

INTJ means introverted, intuitive, thinking, and judging. It is one of the 16 personality types identified by a personality assessment called the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI). Sometimes referred to as the "Architect" or the "Strategist," people with an INTJ personality are highly analytical, creative, and logical.

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                ...a normal state of being perpetually behind.
                Ha, that's so accurately applying to me right now.

Comment

Thanks for the pep-talk!
                  You are welcome, what are friends for if not pep-talks? blackcat2.gif

ā€‹ ā€‹

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Ah, nothing like a rewatch of The Storm/The Eye to put one in a good mood.
                    Yippee ki yay!!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus

I bet you did better than you fear you did! Even if you did fail, you tried your best and that is what counts! You don't really need math for a programming job (says the math major who was a programmer for 20 years). The logic test is far more important for programming.

And I know not everyone likes math. It's one of those things... either your brain does it or it doesn't. Like my brain doesn't do languages. Four years of Spanish in high school and I could never hold a conversation with someone. My brain just isn't wired that way. Thankfully I live in the US where I can get away with it.

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes
                    Iā€™m back! Though my consistency may not improve for a bit. I have about a month left carrying a near full time side project, along with my regular work and school. And parenting of course,lol. I paid the price for the vacay but am slowly getting back to a normal state of being perpetually behind.

JT2 thatā€™s a bummer about the booster. That wasnā€™t even in my radar, so Iā€™m glad you mentioned it. Hope you get through the post booster ick quickly.
                    You make me tired just thinking about your life!

I didn't end up having any post booster ick. My arms were a little sore, but that was it.

Comment

And I know not everyone likes math. It's one of those things... either your brain does it or it doesn't. Like my brain doesn't do languages. Four years of Spanish in high school and I could never hold a conversation with someone. My brain just isn't wired that way. Thankfully I live in the US where I can get away with it.
                      I don't like math but I do like numbers, as long as I don't have to do difficult equations with them that is.

Or things like the Fibonacci numbers... can't get enough of those. I even like Sudoko's.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

*hugs Falcon Horus* I'm with everyone else, don't beat yourself up over the test. I think it's pretty much a universal thing that we always think we did worse than we actually did, and I bet you did a lot better than you think! *more hugs*

I got tired just reading that!

SK- glad you mentioned the Costco run. I need to hit my store up for some cookies too!
                        Cookies are life!

Same here, four years in high school, then another semester in college to fulfill their foreign language requirement--I actually tested out of the first two semesters (to my shock), but that one semester I did, I just could not get the hang of the conversational sessions AT ALL. Ugh, at least I managed to pass. And yet, here I am, contemplating learning Irish.

Comment

I don't like math but I do like numbers, as long as I don't have to do difficult equations with them that is.

Or things like the Fibonacci numbers... can't get enough of those. I even like Sudoko's.
                          See, that's logic! So I bet you did better on the logic section than you think you did. Logic is important for programmers. My first year of college, I was a computer science major and one of the classes they forced you to take was logic. I used to skip every Wednesday as that class was at the same time as my favorite soap opera at the time - Guiding Light. I was such a bad student. But I got an A anyway. After the grading was complete, the professor asked me why I skipped every Wednesday. When I told him it was to watch a soap opera - one of the least logical things in the world - he looked at me like I had 2 heads. But then he laughed.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                          Same here, four years in high school, then another semester in college to fulfill their foreign language requirement--I actually tested out of the first two semesters (to my shock), but that one semester I did, I just could not get the hang of the conversational sessions AT ALL. Ugh, at least I managed to pass. And yet, here I am, contemplating learning Irish.
                          Irish, huh? More power to you!!! Are you planning a trip there?

I think it's a left brain/right brain thing. I'm very left brained like my dad was... mathematical, order, logic, etc. I suck at art too. I can appreciate it, but I can't create it.

Comment

The Japanese Festival was fun. Had some good food.

I got sunburned due to bus fail though. (Waited over an hour at the bus stop.)
                            sigpic
                            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              And yet, here I am, contemplating learning Irish.
                              Is on my list of languages I want to learn: Gaelic & Suomi (Finnish).

One of my colleagues is native Russian so she would teach me Russian words while on walks, so I would learn the Russian words for things we would see in the park like squirrels and trees. Sadly, since it's been a while I forgot most of it.

I return I taught her some dialect cause she can't make heads or tails when my conversational language contains words that are native to my regional dialect. The main thing, I told her then, was that in my regional dialect, we tend to drop the last letter of a verb when it ends on an 'n'. Just forget it!

My first year of college, I was a computer science major and one of the classes they forced you to take was logic. I used to skip every Wednesday as that class was at the same time as my favorite soap opera at the time - Guiding Light. I was such a bad student. But I got an A anyway. After the grading was complete, the professor asked me why I skipped every Wednesday. When I told him it was to watch a soap opera - one of the least logical things in the world - he looked at me like I had 2 heads. But then he laughed.
                              LOOOL!!

Irish, huh? More power to you!!! Are you planning a trip there?
                              Tip: don't visit Ireland during winter-time. While it's very beautiful, roads are iced over and driving and walking are a danger to one's health. Just saying... and yes, I speak from experience. I will never forget that 360 spin I made rounding the corner, in perfect synch with the car coming the other way, round their corner.

I think it's a left brain/right brain thing. I'm very left brained like my dad was... mathematical, order, logic, etc. I suck at art too. I can appreciate it, but I can't create it.
                              Talking about left/right things... I had a rather interesting observation made last week during rope-skip training.

We were practicing double-dutch and out of the blue my trainer looks at me and asks me whether I'm left-handed. I tell her no, I'm right-handed. She frowns and then tells me that my left-hand is much better at swinging the rope than my right hand, which can only be if that were to be my dominant hand.
                              I tell her then that I am a left-handed archer so maybe in some things my left hand is more dominant than my right. It could be I'm mildly ambidextrous like my dad but he was forced to write with his right hand in school so maybe we do have a bit of leftie left in us.

Comment

I am right-handed, my mother was right-handed. My father apparently was left-handed, but got it knocked out of him at school.

ā€‹ ā€‹

Comment

Working...
                                X