Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
    I have regrets. X files season 3, episode 21. Amanda Tapping make an appearance long enough for her character to have a intimate scene with Skinner. All I could see was Carter and Caldwell and it was not okay.
    OMG, I need brain bleach for even IMAGINING that.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
    Just reading that is giving me regrets!
    What she said.

But I must add.... I saw some screen shots from the seasons-that-must-not-be-mentioned, and it showed Sam in her leather clubbing jacket on board the Daedalus. So she and Skinner-in-space could easily go to a club afterwards. /Costume FAIL
    Last edited by JT-2; 19 February 2022, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Hey, FH... congrats on your country's gold medalist Bart Swings!! I don't understand that sport, either. "Mass Start"... I don't think I'd even heard of it before I saw it on TV today.

I don't know what I'm going to do with my time when there's no more Olympics to watch.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        But I must add.... I saw some screen shots from the seasons-that-must-not-be-mentioned, and it showed Sam in her leather clubbing jacket on board the Daedalus. So she and Skinner-in-space could easily go to a club afterwards. /Costume FAIL
        *shudders*

Though in more pleasant thoughts, that brings up the mental image of what a club run by Pegasus-borns might be like, and what kind of shenanigans might ensue if the Atlantis crew ever dropped in for a visit.

I don't know what I'm going to do with my time when there's no more Olympics to watch.
        Rewatch a favorite show?
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

OMG, I need brain bleach for even IMAGINING that.

What she said.

Oh nononononoooo I banish the thought, lol.

Comment

Eunice passed by without any damage for us.
            Nothing went flying away though the neighbors can't say the same. The top of their chimney fell over and the empty house across the street, which is also owned by our neighbor, had a piece of the roof come down on the car in the driveway. Mind you, the car in the driveway is just for show cause it has four flat tires and hasn't moved for over a decade, I think (not if I should believe the google images of this street anyway).

Today, a new storm is in town. Franklin would like to say hi!
            Windspeeds are down a little but it's still stormy outside.
            Yesterday evening was the height of the storm, wind and hail. Today, he's calmer but still going strong.

Hey, FH... congrats on your country's gold medalist Bart Swings!! I don't understand that sport, either. "Mass Start"... I don't think I'd even heard of it before I saw it on TV today.
            Before I found an explanation of it, I assumed it was like a group of skaters on the ice and the goal is to break free from it and finish first, thereby escaping the carnage of razor-sharp skates and falling skaters (blood optional).

I was almost right.

Basically means that all shows will soon be back and my watch-time for Deep Space Nine is cut in half or some such, and I was making such good headway. Never thought I'd like it more than I would (never watched it more than a handful of episodes when it aired here) but I'm pleasantly surprised that there plenty of episodes that do take my fancy. Then again, if an episode doesn't feature either Dax or Kira in any fashion, they are automatically not of interest to me.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I do not know what programs your countries cover, but here in Australia we also cover the Paralympics. So come March 4 (I think it is.) we have the opening ceremony and all the events Paralympians do.
              Personally I think it deserves more publicity & coverage than it gets.
              http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

We're getting some wind and chilly temps today. The lights already flickered once...
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hi Everyone!

I Just Watched The Return Part 1 and Part 2

Knowing What is Going to Happen, it Does Not Help

Comment

Oh goddess.... giant mistake was made... Strong coffee + ADHD medication = bad combo!

*feels like the energizer bunny*

Please excuse me while I go and run in my proverbial lemming wheel!!

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Oh goddess.... giant mistake was made... Strong coffee + ADHD medication = bad combo!

No need for sugar now, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        No need for sugar now, eh?
                        Nope!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Though in more pleasant thoughts, that brings up the mental image of what a club run by Pegasus-borns might be like, and what kind of shenanigans might ensue if the Atlantis crew ever dropped in for a visit.
                          For some reason, I think edible concoctions would be popular at Athosian parties.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                          Eunice passed by without any damage for us.
                          Nothing went flying away though the neighbors can't say the same. The top of their chimney fell over and the empty house across the street, which is also owned by our neighbor, had a piece of the roof come down on the car in the driveway. Mind you, the car in the driveway is just for show cause it has four flat tires and hasn't moved for over a decade, I think (not if I should believe the google images of this street anyway).

Today, a new storm is in town. Franklin would like to say hi!
                          Windspeeds are down a little but it's still stormy outside.
                          Yesterday evening was the height of the storm, wind and hail. Today, he's calmer but still going strong.
                          Well I'm glad you didn't have any damage, although your neighbor wasn't as lucky. I've never heard of a chimney coming down in a storm before. Must have been some hell of a storm!!

Before I found an explanation of it, I assumed it was like a group of skaters on the ice and the goal is to break free from it and finish first, thereby escaping the carnage of razor-sharp skates and falling skaters (blood optional).

I was almost right.
                          Yes, that's what it seemed to me as well.

Basically means that all shows will soon be back and my watch-time for Deep Space Nine is cut in half or some such, and I was making such good headway. Never thought I'd like it more than I would (never watched it more than a handful of episodes when it aired here) but I'm pleasantly surprised that there plenty of episodes that do take my fancy. Then again, if an episode doesn't feature either Dax or Kira in any fashion, they are automatically not of interest to me.
                          Hahahahahha! I used to love that show, but I lost interest when Worf showed up. He was my least favorite over on TNG, and I really disliked how much they used him in DS9. Then I fell in love with Voyager, and I never looked back.

Originally posted by Who Knows
                          I do not know what programs your countries cover, but here in Australia we also cover the Paralympics. So come March 4 (I think it is.) we have the opening ceremony and all the events Paralympians do.
                          Personally I think it deserves more publicity & coverage than it gets.
                          I'll have to find out where they are covered here. They advertise them along with the Olympics but then it's not advertised further. I wonder if it'll be on Peacock. I'll check it out!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                          We're getting some wind and chilly temps today. The lights already flickered once...
                          We've got strong winds tonight here too! Me no likey.

Originally posted by america126
                          I Just Watched The Return Part 1 and Part 2

Knowing What is Going to Happen, it Does Not Help
                          You can do what I do... skip Sunday, watch Submersion, and then just stop. It's much better that way.

Oh dear!! How long will that last??

Comment

Hello all. Yes I am still alive. Thanks a million to everyone for remembering me on my birthday. A lot of things are going on in my life. We are building a new house west of here in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. It will probably be ready in September but as some of you know, it's never too early to start getting ready to move. We are downsizing and losing 3 rooms and I have to get rid of a whole bunch of junk, some of which I have emotional attachments to.

The twins are growing and are amazing. On the way to meet us at a restaurant to celebrate my birthday this happened.

Thing 1: *cries* You said we were going to celebrate Nana's birthday.
                            Mom: We are.
                            Thing 1: This isn't the way to Nana's house.
                            Thing 2: You said there would be chocolate.

Then at dinner. Thing 1 ate an entire cheeseburger and part of Mr. SR's steak. Thing 2 ate a handful of buttered noodles and a handful of calamari. (Yes, he's that kid.) They were impressed when the waiter set our chocolate dessert on fire. They also managed to eat more of it than anyone else, transfer a good portion onto Mr. SR's pants and try to lick the plate.

They appear to have an invisible friend named "Poppy" who does a lot of bad things, and have discovered knock knock jokes and zombies. Their parents blame day care for the fact that they also know that zombies eat brains.

Take care kids. I will try to wander in more often.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! Hope you've all been having a fun Screw the Angst Wednesday!

For some reason, I think edible concoctions would be popular at Athosian parties.
                              Look out if they get their hands on chocolate!

[QUOTE=Southern Red;n16726875]Hello all. Yes I am still alive. Thanks a million to everyone for remembering me on my birthday. A lot of things are going on in my life. We are building a new house west of here in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. It will probably be ready in September but as some of you know, it's never too early to start getting ready to move. We are downsizing and losing 3 rooms and I have to get rid of a whole bunch of junk, some of which I have emotional attachments to.

Having gone through the whole purge thing before our move to the Great Northwest...yeah. It's kind of brutal, kind of a relief in a way.

A new house? Awesome! Is it a one-of-a-kind custom job, or is it part of a development/builder plan? Hope you're having fun picking out all the details and watching it come together!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              The twins are growing and are amazing. On the way to meet us at a restaurant to celebrate my birthday this happened.

Thing 1: *cries* You said we were going to celebrate Nana's birthday.
                              Mom: We are.
                              Thing 1: This isn't the way to Nana's house.
                              Thing 2: You said there would be chocolate.

Then at dinner. Thing 1 ate an entire cheeseburger and part of Mr. SR's steak. Thing 2 ate a handful of buttered noodles and a handful of calamari. (Yes, he's that kid.) They were impressed when the waiter set our chocolate dessert on fire. They also managed to eat more of it than anyone else, transfer a good portion onto Mr. SR's pants and try to lick the plate.
                              Foodies in training!

They appear to have an invisible friend named "Poppy" who does a lot of bad things, and have discovered knock knock jokes and zombies. Their parents blame day care for the fact that they also know that zombies eat brains.
                              Braaaiiinnnnnnsssssss.....

Take care kids. I will try to wander in more often.
                              Hope to see you here! *hugs*

Comment

Hahahahahha! I used to love that show, but I lost interest when Worf showed up. He was my least favorite over on TNG, and I really disliked how much they used him in DS9. Then I fell in love with Voyager, and I never looked back.
                                I noticed that with the arrival of Worf, that the first officer, namely Kira, gets sidelined more often.

Then yesterday, I got a flashback to Atlantis writing. I mean, every ******* episode of the second half of season 4 features either Sisko, Worf, Quark, O'Brien or Quark. Julian and Odo get some shine, and then Dax and Kira seem like afterthoughts -- "Oh right, we also had these two female characters."

<-- me wanting these two characters to be awesome!

DS9 writers: "But we have all these awesome male characters and females are hard to write for.

Comment

Working...
                                X