No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

55 liters of diesel fuel for my thirsty beast -- 97,30 euro (106,32 US dollar)

I'm so glad we have a 3-day work from home policy in our company. Otherwise I'd be paying close to 400 dollars a month on fuel. And most everything else is within walking distance or bike distance -- except for the rest of my family who lives up north.

I wish I had a jumper. I bet they don't cost as much in fuel and I think it would fit in my garage. Maybe. Also, no traffic jams cause flying to work (with a detour into a space).
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

We have had a love/hate relationship with plumbers for years. Mr. SR is not handy, so we call a man with a truck to fix everything. For example, our dishwasher suddenly stopped cleaning and started coughing up gunk. Call the man. Kinked hose. $90 please. But he did give us good advice on keeping it working more efficiently so we think we got off cheap. We don't want to have to replace anything in this house before we sell it. Also we had our spring A/C inspection. $300 to clean the coils because they wouldn't pass inspection as they were. Hopefully we are good to go there. Sigh. The little joys of home ownership.
      Yeah I'm not handy either. At all. Sometimes I ask my brother for help but that brings its own issues. Ugh, family......

I hope you don't have any other problems before you sell.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus

I'm so glad we have a 3-day work from home policy in our company. Otherwise I'd be paying close to 400 dollars a month on fuel. And most everything else is within walking distance or bike distance -- except for the rest of my family who lives up north.
      (Converts liters to gallons... yeah that's about the size of my tank too). Whoa. And my extended family spend all day on Facebook complaining about our gas prices. They'd have a heart attack if they saw what you're paying. Of course, they drive these highly inefficient trucks or giant SUVs. Whatever. Unfortunately, it's not going to get any better with the current world situation.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        And my extended family spend all day on Facebook complaining about our gas prices. They'd have a heart attack if they saw what you're paying. Of course, they drive these highly inefficient trucks or giant SUVs. Whatever. Unfortunately, it's not going to get any better with the current world situation.
        By all means, I have no objections you tell them they're lucky not to be living in Belgium.
        What are they complaining about?!?

I burned my face on saturday doing yardwork... ...so at least I can't complain about the weather. Sun is shining brightly. It's still chilly, though temps are rising. By the end of the week, we'll have balmy spring temps.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I wish I had a jumper. I bet they don't cost as much in fuel and I think it would fit in my garage. Maybe. Also, no traffic jams cause flying to work (with a detour into a space).
          Yeah, that's very nearly the size of my tank too. We're not paying that much out here (yet) but it's creeping up bit by bit. It'd be a lot worse if we were still down in SoCal.

I wonder if even after COVID restrictions are eased, some companies will keep their work at home policies going longer just to keep their employees from having to pay so much in fuel. You know, patriotic duty in the face of current events and all that.

Everyone should have a jumper. Travel would be sooo much easier.

I burned my face on saturday doing yardwork... ...so at least I can't complain about the weather. Sun is shining brightly. It's still chilly, though temps are rising. By the end of the week, we'll have balmy spring temps.
          Ouch! Make sure to use extra moisturizer on your face while it's healing!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

By all means, I have no objections you tell them they're lucky not to be living in Belgium.
            What are they complaining about?!?
            I find it best to avoid conversations with them about such things. Let's just say we have... differing views on the world.

Ouch!! Like SK said, make sure to moisturize!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
            Yeah, that's very nearly the size of my tank too. We're not paying that much out here (yet) but it's creeping up bit by bit. It'd be a lot worse if we were still down in SoCal.

I wonder if even after COVID restrictions are eased, some companies will keep their work at home policies going longer just to keep their employees from having to pay so much in fuel. You know, patriotic duty in the face of current events and all that.

Everyone should have a jumper. Travel would be sooo much easier.
            I know some local companies here are switching over to long-term work at home. My former company was one of them (another reason I was pissed to be let go - I love working from home).

What energy source did the jumpers use? Did they ever specify? I find it so funny how in sci-fi they can have ships with no energy source. Like in Star Wars... the Millennium Falcon was sitting in Jakku for years and yet then it still runs fine. Where's it getting the power for that?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Ouch! Make sure to use extra moisturizer on your face while it's healing!
              I have aloe (though I went too close to my eye and well... that didn't feel so good) at the ready and my genes have some southern influence cause the red faded and has turned into the first coloring of the sunny season.

HOWEVER... on thursday, there's a hike planned with the union colleagues as part of our teambuilding day and the sun will be shining... and I WILL SUNSCREEN THE HELL OUT OF MY FACE... just so you know.
              Not gonna get caught unawares again... or however, you say that.

Comment

Has anyone heard from Zandras_Ashes lately? Hope she's okay.

Comment

No, and haven't seen her on Insta either.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Haven't heard from her either. Hopefully she's just really super busy at work or something like that.

What energy source did the jumpers use? Did they ever specify? I find it so funny how in sci-fi they can have ships with no energy source. Like in Star Wars... the Millennium Falcon was sitting in Jakku for years and yet then it still runs fine. Where's it getting the power for that?
                    The Force. The greatest secret of the galaxy...the Jedi are actually spaceship engine designers.

I have aloe (though I went too close to my eye and well... that didn't feel so good) at the ready and my genes have some southern influence cause the red faded and has turned into the first coloring of the sunny season.

HOWEVER... on thursday, there's a hike planned with the union colleagues as part of our teambuilding day and the sun will be shining... and I WILL SUNSCREEN THE HELL OUT OF MY FACE... just so you know.
                    Not gonna get caught unawares again... or however, you say that.
                    Hats are good too.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

My niece is *finally* about to adopt her 2 foster kids today. This is their third attempt. The first two tries fell through at the last minute. Fingers crossed for this time!

The Force. The greatest secret of the galaxy...the Jedi are actually spaceship engine designers.

Those pesky Jedi!

Comment

Adoption happened! I'm officially a great aunt! Although aren't "great aunts" all like 90 years old? I'm only 47 for crying out loud.

Comment

Hats are good too.
                          I was wearing one during the weekend but my sunglasses did me in -- they always do. It's the damn reflection.

Adoption happened! I'm officially a great aunt! Although aren't "great aunts" all like 90 years old? I'm only 47 for crying out loud.
                          A very young and hip "great aunt" then...

Congrats!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

YAYYYYY! Congratulations, Auntie! *BIG HUGS*

Comment

A very young and hip "great aunt" then...

Congrats!
                              *rattles cane in the air* Get off my lawn!!

Thanks!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                              YAYYYYY! Congratulations, Auntie! *BIG HUGS*
                              *glomps you* Thank you!

Comment

It's snowing. March 9th and it's snowing.

Comment

Working...
                                X