Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    It's snowing. March 9th and it's snowing.
    Yikes

It is Sunny and a Little Chilly Here

BTW. I Finished Season 4 and Now Onto Season 5-- I May Have Watched Ghost in The Machine Last Night
    SO Angsty

Comment

I can't remember the last time I watched any episode after Submersion. The angst is delicious and John's woobie face is a beauty to behold, but.... too damn sad.

The ending scene of Ghost in the Machine... I can't watch it without crying. They did Elizabeth so wrong. Bastards!! Thank goodness Torri said no, because if that last scene had been her and Joe.... I'd still be a weeping mess to this day.

Comment

I’ve surfaced! I’m okay, I had a friend that was ill and we took turns staying with her when she got out of the hospital as she couldn’t get around at first but now has a walker. Then I had a work conference last week and the schedule was crazy and internet/cell service sucked but they had open bars around every corner. And I’m off to Florida next week). I’m so far behind in work and in real life. I may not ever catch up here, but I’ll try.

Glad to hear the adoption news JT2! Lol, no, great aunts are not always 90s, I’ve have some interesting age groupings in my extended family including an uncle being younger than his nephew.

Have fun on the hike FH- maybe pair that sunscreen with a hat. I’m supposed to hike Saturday but after 70 degree weather last weekend it’s going to snow?!

Comment

I can't remember the last time I watched any episode after Submersion. The angst is delicious and John's woobie face is a beauty to behold, but.... too damn sad.

The ending scene of Ghost in the Machine... I can't watch it without crying. They did Elizabeth so wrong. Bastards!! Thank goodness Torri said no, because if that last scene had been her and Joe.... I'd still be a weeping mess to this day.

I Know The Feeling.

The Ending Was VERY Angsty. It Made Me Tear Up BUT I Have a Very Good Feeling That They Will Bring Her Back Somehow in a Book or a Movie or a TV Show *Shrugs*

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
            I’ve surfaced! I’m okay, I had a friend that was ill and we took turns staying with her when she got out of the hospital as she couldn’t get around at first but now has a walker. Then I had a work conference last week and the schedule was crazy and internet/cell service sucked but they had open bars around every corner. And I’m off to Florida next week). I’m so far behind in work and in real life. I may not ever catch up here, but I’ll try.
            *hugs you* Glad to hear you're okay and that your friend is doing better. And hah, I called it on the busy at work thing! Isn't that always the way of it? at the open bars around every corner at the conference, too. Have a great time in Florida! *moar hugs*
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Glad to hear the adoption news JT2! Lol, no, great aunts are not always 90s, I’ve have some interesting age groupings in my extended family including an uncle being younger than his nephew.

Have fun on the hike FH- maybe pair that sunscreen with a hat. I’m supposed to hike Saturday but after 70 degree weather last weekend it’s going to snow?!
              Welcome back!! I'm so glad everything is okay. Also glad your friend is starting to do a little better. Have fun in Florida.

Comment

Have fun on the hike FH- maybe pair that sunscreen with a hat.
                Cap + sunscreen = happy face!

It was a beautiful 5.5 mile walk with colleagues, of which only 3 (incl. myself) brought water cause we clearly were the pro's among the group. The others didn't and they obviously had to complain about it halfway through.

The forest we walked through was so nice, and quiet. However, we did go the wrong way in first few 100 meters of our walk but managed to minimize the damage of the detour. There were a couple of colleagues who weren't even properly dressed for the hike.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Attended my first concert since 2019 last night The opening act called us the older emo crowd and I’m still laughing Dashboard Confessional and Jimmy Eat World and it was so.much.fun! I have tickets to three more concerts already. My “being extra” gene is kicking in, lol, though one concert is from a ticket for a 2020 show that obviously didn’t happen. Jimmy Eat World’s song Firefight inspired one of my fics when I had a writing burst a few years back.

Glad you enjoyed the hike FH. Still crossing my fingers I’ll get to hike tomorrow but judging by the lack of milk and bread at my grocery store it’s looking doubtful.

Comment

Attended my first concert since 2019 last night The opening act called us the older emo crowd and I’m still laughing Dashboard Confessional and Jimmy Eat World and it was so.much.fun! I have tickets to three more concerts already. My “being extra” gene is kicking in, lol, though one concert is from a ticket for a 2020 show that obviously didn’t happen. Jimmy Eat World’s song Firefight inspired one of my fics when I had a writing burst a few years back.

Glad you enjoyed the hike FH. Still crossing my fingers I’ll get to hike tomorrow but judging by the lack of milk and bread at my grocery store it’s looking doubtful.
                    More power to those of you who hike and such. My idea of a hike is going through every aisle in the supermarket.

Sounds like a fun concert! I haven't been to a real concert in quite some time. *sigh* My favorite male rocker, Lindsey Buckingham, is touring but he hasn't come anywhere close to me.

Comment

I Have Been Watching The News on CNN.. Poor Ukraine. Those Poor People

Have You Seen The Video of That Ukraine Girl Singing Let it Go from Frozen?????

Last edited by america126; 12 March 2022, 07:59 AM.

Comment

That is Awesome!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Cap + sunscreen = happy face!

It was a beautiful 5.5 mile walk with colleagues, of which only 3 (incl. myself) brought water cause we clearly were the pro's among the group. The others didn't and they obviously had to complain about it halfway through.

The forest we walked through was so nice, and quiet. However, we did go the wrong way in first few 100 meters of our walk but managed to minimize the damage of the detour. ​ There were a couple of colleagues who weren't even properly dressed for the hike.
                          Yay, hiking! Glad to hear a great time was had even with the no-water detour shenanigans.

Sweet, sounds like it was lots of fun! Hope the next ones you're going to are equally awesome!

Funny enough, as much as I love music, I don't do concerts. Weird, huh?

More power to those of you who hike and such. My idea of a hike is going through every aisle in the supermarket.
                          LOL, that's about all the hiking I do anymore, too. That and walking up and down our driveway. (it's a LONG driveway) Hopefully this summer we'll have a chance to start cutting some walking trails through our forest (probably more like widening the deer trails that are already there )
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

The show was so much fun you could probably tell in my post that I’m still kind of adrenalized.

No hiking today because holy cow we had actual snow accumulation. It was an actual snowstorm complete with lightning and high winds shaking my scary tall trees. We get so little snow it’s usually just gentle and pretty but wow. I was not prepared for all that.

SK that sounds pretty amazing to have that kind of property. My last house had 17 untamed acres but now I’m lucky just to have the extra lot by my house.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Funny enough, as much as I love music, I don't do concerts. Weird, huh?
                              Not weird at all. Whenever I go to a concert, I inevitably end up sitting next to a man who does the whole man-spread thing (this happens to me on airplanes too). If I buy the tickets, I try to make sure I'm on the aisle to avoid this. But it can't always be avoided. Then there's the parking ordeal, the sitting in traffic ordeal, the crowd... I went to see Randy Rainbow back in November of last year, and I was on the aisle but my poor sister got the man-spread guy next to her. And even though everyone was wearing masks, I felt like covid was surrounding me.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              LOL, that's about all the hiking I do anymore, too. That and walking up and down our driveway. (it's a LONG driveway) Hopefully this summer we'll have a chance to start cutting some walking trails through our forest (probably more like widening the deer trails that are already there )
                              I need to start walking in my neighborhood again, now that it's getting warmer. I wish I had enough property to be able to just walk around my own house. Family members are always asking when I'm going to leave my house to move into a condo. Uhhh, never? If I'm going to move, I'm going to get MORE space. Not less.

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes
                              The show was so much fun you could probably tell in my post that I’m still kind of adrenalized.
                              A bit.

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes
                              No hiking today because holy cow we had actual snow accumulation. It was an actual snowstorm complete with lightning and high winds shaking my scary tall trees. We get so little snow it’s usually just gentle and pretty but wow. I was not prepared for all that.
                              Whoa! Sounds intense! I got some snow today but it was a gentle snow.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Whee, thundersnow! That's some wild times!

SK that sounds pretty amazing to have that kind of property. My last house had 17 untamed acres but now I’m lucky just to have the extra lot by my house.
                                We've got 12 acres, but most of it's pretty untamed. Have to carry hedge clippers everywhere.

Not weird at all. Whenever I go to a concert, I inevitably end up sitting next to a man who does the whole man-spread thing (this happens to me on airplanes too). If I buy the tickets, I try to make sure I'm on the aisle to avoid this. But it can't always be avoided. Then there's the parking ordeal, the sitting in traffic ordeal, the crowd... I went to see Randy Rainbow back in November of last year, and I was on the aisle but my poor sister got the man-spread guy next to her. And even though everyone was wearing masks, I felt like covid was surrounding me.
                                Ugh, yeah that's another reason why I don't do concerts. Rude seat-hogging people.

I need to start walking in my neighborhood again, now that it's getting warmer. I wish I had enough property to be able to just walk around my own house. Family members are always asking when I'm going to leave my house to move into a condo. Uhhh, never? If I'm going to move, I'm going to get MORE space. Not less.
                                I know, right? I mean, we have to have some place to put all our stuff!

Comment

Working...
                                X