No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I had need of some extra help from Atlantis today... unfortunately no such help showed up...

Phew, doing most all of the tasks for the team took it out of me this week.

However, a lot of colleagues sending me supportive messages made it all better.
    Next week, I start fresh... Taking it easy this weekend. Tomorrow is sort of a holiday over here ... had to look it up cause I forgot again why it's a sort-of-a-holiday ... it's the holy day of the Assumption of Mary, which means it's also Mother's Day in the Province of Antwerp. Now, that I remembered.
    Hopefully next week will be better. Enjoy your holiday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Preach it sistah! It's an imperfect system but it beats the alternative.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Hopefully next week will be better. Enjoy your holiday!
      Unfortunately no... one colleague comes back, and the other has vacation as of tuesday. So, there's still only 2 of us to get everything done. And I'm basically taking care of everything while the other works on the big project.

However, the director of our department (also actively involved with this project) knows we're barely keeping afloat and she told me that if there's anything that's not going out on the day it should have been send out to our clients, it's okay to postpone it to the following day.

BUT ... I'm definitely counting down to my holiday, and so far the area we finally settled on going to - Alsace/Vosgue (France) - is a green Covid-19 zone, which basically means little to no infections happening right now. So here's to hoping it stays that way. Orange wouldn't be necessarily be bad either, but red would put us right back to square one to find another location.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Unfortunately no... one colleague comes back, and the other has vacation as of tuesday. So, there's still only 2 of us to get everything done. And I'm basically taking care of everything while the other works on the big project.

However, the director of our department (also actively involved with this project) knows we're barely keeping afloat and she told me that if there's anything that's not going out on the day it should have been send out to our clients, it's okay to postpone it to the following day.
        Ouch. Well, at least The Big Cheese knows what's up and is cutting your team some slack.

BUT ... I'm definitely counting down to my holiday, and so far the area we finally settled on going to - Alsace/Vosgue (France) - is a green Covid-19 zone, which basically means little to no infections happening right now. So here's to hoping it stays that way. Orange wouldn't be necessarily be bad either, but red would put us right back to square one to find another location.
        Green Green Super Green!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!
            Is it just me or is this Monday lasting like 10 days long?

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              In 2020 that is quite possible...

Comment

In 2020 that is quite possible...

Comment

At some point time will start to speed up for you and like we oldies, you will think time is going way too fast. Every week is like a day. Mr. SR and I have to remind each other what day it is, sometimes even what month it is. I forgot SR Jr's anniversary yesterday and had to send a quick text last night. Then I had to do math to determine how long they have been married. Right now I'm thinking, "Drat, it's almost Christmas. Again."
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Felt like a month to me...

At some point time will start to speed up for you and like we oldies, you will think time is going way too fast. Every week is like a day. Mr. SR and I have to remind each other what day it is, sometimes even what month it is. I forgot SR Jr's anniversary yesterday and had to send a quick text last night. Then I had to do math to determine how long they have been married. Right now I'm thinking, "Drat, it's almost Christmas. Again."
                    Uh oh...

Comment

LOL!! Oops about forgetting SR Jr's anniversary! I always forget my brother and sister-in-law's. My parents were married on June 10th, and bro was on June 20th. But I always confuse the two in my head.

It's definitely work that makes the day go slowly, because when I was out of work time seemed to fly. I can't believe it's been 2 years since I went to Cancun.

Felt like a month to me...
                      Right???

Comment

Mr. SR and I have to remind each other what day it is, sometimes even what month it is.
                        That's just a corona-thing, which was worse during lockdown. We simply divided our week in work-days and not-work days. We didn't even bother with days of the week, or dates or even what month.

Which occasionally would mean my sister and I would have to ask the other to confirm the day: "Is it thursday today?" (in an unsure voice) -- "Yes, it's thursday..." -- silence -- "... I think." -- more silence -- "Yes, laptop calendar says thursday."

Today at work (at home)...

...colleague and I got some checklists mixed up but before that happened I realized I had put in the wrong reasons in the requests for the compensation for corona-closings (apparently nothing to worry about because the compensation is the same either way).

She calls me up to figure out what checklists are the correct ones. I answer the call with "My perfect day ruined!". There's a momentary silence and then she starts laughing, and I continue "Well, not really perfect but still..." -- she later thanked me for the laugh. Apparently she needed it.

Yesterday I picked up the phone in Spanish, and last week I pretended to be the answering machine.

On top of being the back-up and going solo on our team tasks, I have also taken up the task to diffuse tense and stressfull times.

I'm eager to give my best Allo, Allo impression of "Michèle from tze Resistance".

And I realise that you may not know who that is. Are you familiar with Allo Allo?
                        In case not... here's Michèle...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Right???
                          I expect by the end of the year, 2020 will have felt like an entire decade...

That's just a corona-thing, which was worse during lockdown. We simply divided our week in work-days and not-work days. We didn't even bother with days of the week, or dates or even what month.

Which occasionally would mean my sister and I would have to ask the other to confirm the day: "Is it thursday today?" (in an unsure voice) -- "Yes, it's thursday..." -- silence -- "... I think." -- more silence -- "Yes, laptop calendar says thursday."

Today at work (at home)...

...colleague and I got some checklists mixed up but before that happened I realized I had put in the wrong reasons in the requests for the compensation for corona-closings (apparently nothing to worry about because the compensation is the same either way).

She calls me up to figure out what checklists are the correct ones. I answer the call with "My perfect day ruined!". There's a momentary silence and then she starts laughing, and I continue "Well, not really perfect but still..." -- she later thanked me for the laugh. Apparently she needed it.

Yesterday I picked up the phone in Spanish, and last week I pretended to be the answering machine.

On top of being the back-up and going solo on our team tasks, I have also taken up the task to diffuse tense and stressfull times.

I'm eager to give my best Allo, Allo impression of "Michèle from tze Resistance".

And I realise that you may not know who that is. Are you familiar with Allo Allo?
                          In case not... here's Michèle...
                          OMGLMAO!

But hey, a sense of humor is a very valuable thing to have these days.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Comment

It's Friday...

...I think I missed Thursday...

Comment

It's Friday...

...I think I missed Thursday...
                                Corona days all blending together.

I had to check to see that it was Friday, also.

Comment

Working...
                                X