Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    Ouchies, but good on you for exercising. Walking/hiking is more my style. Jogging when I'm feeling it. I know you are supposed to push through the pain of higher intensity workouts, but I've never understood working out so hard that you don't feel like moving the next day. I've decided its counterproductive. I might also be lazy at heart, lol.
    Some 25 years ago (yes, I'm that old ), I already practiced Ropeskipping but on a competition level which is nothing compared to the level I'm at now. In fact, I was one of the best skippers for making Double Dutch ropes turn, while others jumped.

    Anywho... a colleague of mine pushed me to find a sport that I might like to do, and chess wasn't an option, so I went back to ropeskipping. Another colleague though I might like Judo and invited me to come in for a try out in May but covid pretty much ruined that. I would definitely have gone in and tried that out. Might still do when they decided on try-outs -- maybe next year.

    Though it should be noted that ropeskipping is actually really bad for your knees and ankles. And wrists too.
    I wear wristbands for protection.

    I don't like running or jogging, unless it's on a treadmill.

    Actually, going as far as hurting yourself and then continue on instead of stopping does more damage than good. It can ruin your body in the long run, making it impossible to do any sports, or having to tape yourself up before doing anything.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

    Comment


      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

      Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
      Just watched Joe sign off from his live stream. I think he was calling it Joe and his madness though I may have misheard. I've had meetings and have only caught his live streams at the end for the past two days and he is for real going off the rails. Someone knocked on his door and he jumped up with a hopeful look in his eye and I figure he was praying it was Momoa coming to blast him out of there . Sadly it was only clean linens. He needs an Atlantis style rescue mission to free him from quarantine (or what the plot bunnies like to think of as Elizabeth's revenge perhaps in an Atlantis AU where she manages to keep him under quarantine the next time a Hot Zone situation arose ).
      Poor, poor Joe.

      OMG that Elizabeth's Revenge idea would make a great fanfic.

      Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
      I swear I've done that before
      Heck, we've probably all done it at some point.

      Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
      Ouchies, but good on you for exercising. Walking/hiking is more my style. Jogging when I'm feeling it. I know you are supposed to push through the pain of higher intensity workouts, but I've never understood working out so hard that you don't feel like moving the next day. I've decided its counterproductive. I might also be lazy at heart, lol.
      Same here, I go for the walkies. I used to run cross-country and distance events in high school, but that was years and years ago. Too sweaty.

      Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Actually, going as far as hurting yourself and then continue on instead of stopping does more damage than good. It can ruin your body in the long run, making it impossible to do any sports, or having to tape yourself up before doing anything.
      *nods* Hence why I now stick to walkies, stretching, and light weights.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

      Comment


        So....JT-2, I finished Season 2 of The Boys.
        Spoiler:
        Goran was looking sharp, but his role didn't give him enough range to really show his acting chops. Fair warning- you may not like the ending of season two. As Karl Urban's character Billy Butcher likes to say, it's f'ing diabolical (for anyone watching, the second to last episode in the second season is the utmost in f'ing diabolical). But there are several f'ing diabolical scenes each episode so I'm getting conditioned to them, lol. There are also two other people from Timeless on the show, Malcom Barrett and Claudia Doumit.

        Diabolical scenes aside, I'm surprised how much I've come to like the show. And for a show called the Boys, the girls won season two.



        Also of note of warning, this show will make your internal voice incessantly curse in a British accent and say diabolical all the damn time. Of course SR may beg to differ (are you still watching?), but really- it can't just be me, can it?


        Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        OMG that Elizabeth's Revenge idea would make a great fanfic.
        Right? It would be a fun one.


        Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Some 25 years ago (yes, I'm that old ), I already practiced Ropeskipping but on a competition level which is nothing compared to the level I'm at now. In fact, I was one of the best skippers for making Double Dutch ropes turn, while others jumped.
        That is very cool!
        Last edited by Zandra's Ashes; 09 October 2020, 11:24 AM. Reason: forgot to add spoilers tag, no specifics, but still...
        sigpic
        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

        Comment


          Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
          So....JT-2, I finished Season 2 of The Boys.
          Spoiler:
          Goran was looking sharp, but his role didn't give him enough range to really show his acting chops. Fair warning- you may not like the ending of season two. As Karl Urban's character Billy Butcher likes to say, it's f'ing diabolical (for anyone watching, the second to last episode in the second season is the utmost in f'ing diabolical). But there are several f'ing diabolical scenes each episode so I'm getting conditioned to them, lol. There are also two other people from Timeless on the show, Malcom Barrett and Claudia Doumit.

          Diabolical scenes aside, I'm surprised how much I've come to like the show. And for a show called the Boys, the girls won season two.

          I heard about the ending
          Spoiler:
          of Goran's character. It's a joke among my Timeless/Goran friends that I always ask if he dies in the show/movie. Cause his characters seem to die a lot, and I'm not a fan of that.

          I've seen a few scenes of him from his first episode, and one with Claudia and one with Malcolm. It looks like a really wild show.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
            So....JT-2, I finished Season 2 of The Boys.
            Spoiler:
            Goran was looking sharp, but his role didn't give him enough range to really show his acting chops. Fair warning- you may not like the ending of season two. As Karl Urban's character Billy Butcher likes to say, it's f'ing diabolical (for anyone watching, the second to last episode in the second season is the utmost in f'ing diabolical). But there are several f'ing diabolical scenes each episode so I'm getting conditioned to them, lol. There are also two other people from Timeless on the show, Malcom Barrett and Claudia Doumit.

            Diabolical scenes aside, I'm surprised how much I've come to like the show. And for a show called the Boys, the girls won season two.



            Also of note of warning, this show will make your internal voice incessantly curse in a British accent and say diabolical all the damn time. Of course SR may beg to differ (are you still watching?), but really- it can't just be me, can it?




            Right? It would be a fun one.




            That is very cool!

            We are still watching but are a couple of episodes behind, so I'm looking forward to the last diabolical 2. I also have never heard that "c" word used so much. I think that's a British thing also. We have British friends I can ask when I see them, hopefully sometime again in this lifetime. The last few SPN eps have started also. That one with the
            Spoiler:
            wood nymph
            was like the old days. Loved it.
            sigpic

            Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

            Comment


              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

              LOL about The Boys. Sounds f'ing diabolical, that.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

              Comment


                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

                Here's this week's College Football Roundup! It was a mixed bag, as Virginia Tech fell to North Carolina 56-45, Tennessee fell to Georgia 44-21 (though Eri13 will no doubt be pleased at the score! ), Rhode Island had a bye, Navy beat Temple 31-29, and Air Force had a bye. On to next week!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                Comment


                  My New England Patriots have another person with Covid-19, so their game was postponed.

                  Oh, and for the first time in my working history, I will NOT have Columbus Day off. Blaaaa.
                  Last edited by JT-2; 11 October 2020, 02:41 PM.

                  Comment


                    If Air Force had played, they probably would have lost -- it's their usual up/down curve.

                    So, they're gonna kick ass again next week.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                      My New England Patriots have another person with Covid-19, so their game was postponed.

                      Oh, and for the first time in my working history, I will NOT have Columbus Day off. Blaaaa.
                      VT may have lost but they played their little hearts out. They still had 15 guys out with the Covid, most in defense. So UNC has nothing to brag about. They came back within 10 points of them twice after being down 3 touchdowns. I think adversity makes you stronger.
                      sigpic

                      Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

                      Comment


                        Today might end in pieces... much like that other package Elizabeth got...

                        Woke up this morning with a dislocated left thumb. At least, I was unable to bend it so I did the one thing I know, and wrapped my other hand around it and squeezed all the joints back into place... I sprung a leak around the eye area for a minute or two. Made an appointment with the Doc's later today.

                        That action is probably not something I would reccommend to anyone who isn't already hyperflexible.

                        I know why it's doing that though -- I over-exerted it playing Need For Speed Heat on my xbox. It's a gamer's thing.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                        Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                        Comment


                          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

                          Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                          Oh, and for the first time in my working history, I will NOT have Columbus Day off. Blaaaa.
                          Booo! That sucks!

                          Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Today might end in pieces... much like that other package Elizabeth got...
                          Oh dear...

                          Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Woke up this morning with a dislocated left thumb. At least, I was unable to bend it so I did the one thing I know, and wrapped my other hand around it and squeezed all the joints back into place... I sprung a leak around the eye area for a minute or two. Made an appointment with the Doc's later today.

                          That action is probably not something I would reccommend to anyone who isn't already hyperflexible.

                          I know why it's doing that though -- I over-exerted it playing Need For Speed Heat on my xbox. It's a gamer's thing.
                          Ow! Owie owie owie! Not happy! I'd be in tears too. Hope it checks out okay at the Doc's. *hugs you*
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                          Comment


                            The verdict is... I have a triggerfinger... (literal translation from Dutch is funnier: jumping finger)

                            Trigger finger, also known as stenosing tenosynovitis, is a disorder characterized by catching or locking of the involved finger. Pain may occur in the palm of the hand or knuckles. The name is due to the popping sound made by the affected finger when moved. Most commonly the ring finger or thumb is affected.

                            The underlying mechanism involves the tendon sheath being too narrow for the flexor tendon. [...] little inflammation appears to be present.

                            ****

                            I've been told "no more gaming for the time being".
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                            Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              I heard about the ending
                              Spoiler:
                              of Goran's character. It's a joke among my Timeless/Goran friends that I always ask if he dies in the show/movie. Cause his characters seem to die a lot, and I'm not a fan of that.

                              I've seen a few scenes of him from his first episode, and one with Claudia and one with Malcolm. It looks like a really wild show.

                              It really is. I never thought a show would shock me after GoT, but it does. Just in a different kind of way.

                              Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              We are still watching but are a couple of episodes behind, so I'm looking forward to the last diabolical 2. I also have never heard that "c" word used so much. I think that's a British thing also. We have British friends I can ask when I see them, hopefully sometime again in this lifetime. The last few SPN eps have started also. That one with the
                              Spoiler:
                              wood nymph
                              was like the old days. Loved it.
                              Yessss! I loved it. Dean was so endearingly funny.

                              Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

                              LOL about The Boys. Sounds f'ing diabolical, that.
                              Right you are, yeah.

                              Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              The verdict is... I have a triggerfinger... (literal translation from Dutch is funnier: jumping finger)

                              Trigger finger, also known as stenosing tenosynovitis, is a disorder characterized by catching or locking of the involved finger. Pain may occur in the palm of the hand or knuckles. The name is due to the popping sound made by the affected finger when moved. Most commonly the ring finger or thumb is affected.

                              The underlying mechanism involves the tendon sheath being too narrow for the flexor tendon. [...] little inflammation appears to be present.

                              ****

                              I've been told "no more gaming for the time being".
                              I hurt just thinking about it. Hope it heals up quickly, but I know things like that can take some time. Yuck.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                                I hurt just thinking about it. Hope it heals up quickly, but I know things like that can take some time. Yuck.
                                As long as I move the thumb around, it doesn't actually do that whole triggerfinger-thing. However, the moment I stop moving my hand around, I can feel the tension building and before I know it, I feel the pop. It's both the oddest sensation ever and absolutely creeping me out. It's like my thumb's having a life on its own right now.

                                Considering the pinched nerve in my foot (from wearing sneakers) took approximately 6 months to heal, I reckon I won't be doing much gaming in the next two months, but that's okay, the house move is coming up, I won't have much time anyway.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                                Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X