No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my goodness. You won't believe how many of us are still around. Glad to see you. We talk about the weather and our personal lives more than Sparky these days, but the Spark is still alive. How are you?
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hey Southern Red! I'm good! These communities were so special to me, I feel like I got a bit disconnected by only using social media and very fast-moving & often not very text-based platforms like tumblr. Nothing like a good old forum!

Do Sparkies still do rewatches sometimes? Because I would totally be up for that, I haven't watched SGA in aaaages. Like one episode per week (or more spaced out) and then chatting about it in here. Of course I only mean seasons 1-3 and only the episodes that feature Torri...
      sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
        Such a tough weekend for the Disney and Marvel family. I'm still stunned.
        Same here. He was my age, too, which just makes it even more shocking to me.

Originally posted by Ankareeda View Post
        Hello, hello! It's been a while since I last posted here. How you are all doing? So good to see some familiar names here.
        Originally posted by leelakin View Post
        Oh my god, I was JUST about to post here as well after god-knows-how-many years!! Aw, I missed this.
        It's so surreal coming back, it's like a dream I had that I can vaguely remember.
        I'm so happy that this little community is still active!
        How is everyone doing?

Edit: I checked! I posted here last almost exactly 13 years ago...
        Hello and welcome back to you both! Glad to know you're doing well! A few of us are still here, and we're still as sparky as ever!

Hey Southern Red! I'm good! These communities were so special to me, I feel like I got a bit disconnected by only using social media and very fast-moving & often not very text-based platforms like tumblr. Nothing like a good old forum!

Do Sparkies still do rewatches sometimes? Because I would totally be up for that, I haven't watched SGA in aaaages. Like one episode per week (or more spaced out) and then chatting about it in here. Of course I only mean seasons 1-3 and only the episodes that feature Torri...
        We haven't done any rewatches in a good long while, either the rewatch-and-discuss, or the live post-a-thon. Maybe we should do that sometime...
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hahahaha PS I found these old Sparky graphics I made early 2007, I'm amazed the links still work:

Here's a weirdo Sparky love wallpaper from me (tag for size):

Spoiler:

Two more versions of it and also a link to sparky icons can be found here: http://community.livejournal.com/joh...th/898226.html
          Heheheh! Memories!

Edit: Hello Scary Kitty!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          We haven't done any rewatches in a good long while, either the rewatch-and-discuss, or the live post-a-thon. Maybe we should do that sometime...
          I sure hope we can!! Rewatch-and-discuss wouldn't require precise timing and let everyone get around to it at their own pace, which might be preferable
          sigpic

Comment

OMG. Anyone keeping up with GH news? Of all the ways to leave....
            Last edited by Zandra's Ashes; 01 September 2020, 11:47 AM.
            sigpic
            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

*innocently whistles a certain song from a certain Disney theme park attraction...*
              Yo ho... and yes, the rum is still gone.

C'mon, North Sea! Stay green, you can do it!
              At this moment, it's still green.
              Wednesday, during the day, the maps will be updated so we'll see.

Originally posted by Ankareeda View Post
              Hello, hello! It's been a while since I last posted here. How you are all doing? So good to see some familiar names here.
              Hi, hello...

That makes my head hurt- good luck keeping up with the zones. No matter where you end up I'm sure it will be amazing. When are you heading out?
              Dad's picking us up next monday, the 7th at 9.30 am in the morning. He said he'd be here by 9 but we gently nudged him towards 9.30 so that we are definitely up by 10.

Have to get our stuff into the camper van first, and then we're off. We'll first hit a ruined cathedral site in the Ardennes, before we cross the border into France on Tuesday, and from there it'll be up to the colors where that trip will end up. As long as our road remains green, we should be able to make it to the North Sea side and hopefully go out for some kayaking.

We'll also take our bikes... I'm sure there will be some hilarious tales to come about that adventure.

Such a tough weekend for the Disney and Marvel family. I'm still stunned.
              Wakanda forever!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              We're a small but loyal group now.
              Rusted into the walls of the Sparky thread, I imagine.

Oh my god, I was JUST about to post here as well after god-knows-how-many years!! Aw, I missed this.
              It's so surreal coming back, it's like a dream I had that I can vaguely remember.
              I'm so happy that this little community is still active!
              How is everyone doing?
              13 years ago... that was a lifetime ago considering 2020 has now lasted approximately 2 decades.

Anywho... we signed the deed to the house this morning. My sister and I, now, officially own a house**... which comes with 8 keys for only 2 doors. Basically, we can loose 7 of them and still get inside.

Next step is painting, alter the kitchen a little, finish the attick, move in ... and get information about "legal cohabitation" which gives approximately the same benefits as being a married couple. The contract is possible for partners (obviously), family and friends so we should definitely look into that.

** We actually now own 2 houses, or 1,5 each. We are also the owners of the house our grandfather's living in. It was gifted which is cheaper than inheriting. Our inheritance taxes (and taxes in general) are exhuberantly high.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Anywho... we signed the deed to the house this morning. My sister and I, now, officially own a house**... which comes with 8 keys for only 2 doors. Basically, we can loose 7 of them and still get inside.

Next step is painting, alter the kitchen a little, finish the attick, move in ... and get information about "legal cohabitation" which gives approximately the same benefits as being a married couple. The contract is possible for partners (obviously), family and friends so we should definitely look into that.

** We actually now own 2 houses, or 1,5 each. We are also the owners of the house our grandfather's living in. It was gifted which is cheaper than inheriting. Our inheritance taxes (and taxes in general) are exhuberantly high.
                Ah, the joys of homeownership. We have found that just when you relax is when something blows sky high. Just last week we had to pay $500 for repairs on our HVAC. I also own half a house with my brother. He lives in it and thinks he can repair things which usually ends up in a much higher plumber/electrician bill than if he had just called the guy in the first place. Since it was not worth the $5mil required, there were no inheritance taxes and yearly property taxes are pretty low. Since retiring, Mr. SR and I are down in the low teens on taxes in general. Love it.
                sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

OMG. Anyone keeping up with GH news? Of all the ways to leave....
                  I haven't been, so I googled it. Damnit Alexis, you did it again!

Yo ho... and yes, the rum is still gone.

At this moment, it's still green.
                  Wednesday, during the day, the maps will be updated so we'll see.

Dad's picking us up next monday, the 7th at 9.30 am in the morning. He said he'd be here by 9 but we gently nudged him towards 9.30 so that we are definitely up by 10.

Have to get our stuff into the camper van first, and then we're off. We'll first hit a ruined cathedral site in the Ardennes, before we cross the border into France on Tuesday, and from there it'll be up to the colors where that trip will end up. As long as our road remains green, we should be able to make it to the North Sea side and hopefully go out for some kayaking.

We'll also take our bikes... I'm sure there will be some hilarious tales to come about that adventure.
                  Heheheh, looking forward to it!

Eeeeee, sounds exciting! We've been working on finishing some door/window trim and the like while the weather's nice for it. Feels so good to get something big accomplished on the house.

Ah, the joys of homeownership. We have found that just when you relax is when something blows sky high. Just last week we had to pay $500 for repairs on our HVAC. I also own half a house with my brother. He lives in it and thinks he can repair things which usually ends up in a much higher plumber/electrician bill than if he had just called the guy in the first place. Since it was not worth the $5mil required, there were no inheritance taxes and yearly property taxes are pretty low. Since retiring, Mr. SR and I are down in the low teens on taxes in general. Love it.
                  Heh, the only things certain in life are death and taxes...
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

The Mandalorian season two has a release date- Oct 30th! 2020 owed us something I suppose.

I've been skipping through some favorites, but really am hoping to get back through the first three seasons this fall/winter

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Same here. He was my age, too, which just makes it even more shocking to me.

Me too. And he left such a legacy. Mine could use some work.

Wakanda forever!
                    Camper van shenanigans to ensue What a lovely plan for a trip. And kayaking! Can't wait to see the pics. And congrats on the house! I always love the idea of painting, but in reality I am the worst painter. I've never really had a good partner in crime though. I bet you too will have a blast or at least some fun stories to tell from all the work.

Wakanda forever!

My house has it's own emergency fund, lol.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I haven't been, so I googled it. Damnit Alexis, you did it again!

You have to look up Nancy Lee Graham's tweet about it. Bonus points- shirtless pics (Joe- I should probably clarify, lol)pop up when you search the topic.

Edit: copied tweet text below
                    Spoiler:

https://twitter.com/NancyLeeGrahn/st...44354897985536

Tweet 1: In 24 yrs on #Gh I've shoved 1 off a parapet. (Splat) accidentally had 1 run into my knife & hurl himself of the 21st floor (ouch) ran over more than 1 (I'm a very bad driver) but I've never $*#&ed 1 to death. Let's see if I can add that to my resume after Tues epi. Stay tuned

Also tweeted:
                    My fiancé after hearing about today's #GH has requested to sleep in the guest bedroom from now on.
                    Last edited by Zandra's Ashes; 02 September 2020, 08:42 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Camper van shenanigans to ensue What a lovely plan for a trip. And kayaking! Can't wait to see the pics.
                      Alas, Covid-19 has decided differently. All of the counties that were green and relatively free from high infection rates, have since turned orange which has cut us off from just about everywhere we were tentively planning on going.

Since The Netherlands still has a mandatory 10-day quarantine in place for those who come from the Antwerp Province in Belgium (my dad), we are forced to stick to within Belgian borders for our roadtripping. The Princedom of Luxembourg is entirely off-limits since that's also an orange zone.

Edit
                      For a moment, we rejoiced that Germany had taken the Province of Antwerp off the mandatory quarantine-list, but then saw that you have to have yourself tested and have a certificate with you which indicates that test was negative.

I have no desire to get poked up the nose if I don't have to so no to Germany either.

End edit

It has its advantages staying in Belgium (I'm still gonna have to speak French, so the language will still feel "foreign") but I was really looking forward to France now.

Anywho... the bicycles are still coming along so that'll stay. The kayaking on the other hand might not happen now because the only 2 rivers I know where this is possible in the Ardennes are the Ourthe and the Semois and the water level in both is too low at the moment.

There will definitely be pictures, and Pat Rock is coming too so keep an eye out for him on my Instagram.

And congrats on the house! I always love the idea of painting, but in reality I am the worst painter. I've never really had a good partner in crime though. I bet you too will have a blast or at least some fun stories to tell from all the work.
                      We'll be hiring a professional painter this time. The entire inside of the house has yet to be painted since it's newly built -- it was finished in February 2019.

But we have started on choosing colors... I'm stuck on 3 different kinds of blue. I love the bluest of the blues but it's too dark, and the other two, I'm not sure about. I also would love to have a galaxy painted on the ceiling of my bedroom, but I don't know if that would be possible. That would have to be done by an actual artist, I think.

The kitchen change will be done by the company which build the original kitchen, and the attick has to be turned into our game lounge. It will be the future home of my Xbox collection.
                      Last edited by Falcon Horus; 02 September 2020, 02:21 PM.

Comment

First off, a big HELLO to the old thread members coming back.

Congratulations!!!

Sweet about the taxes! Not about the HVAC. I have tons of little things to do around the house. But I need to save some money first. Damn money. Must buy a lottery ticket.

Saving money is difficult because my new job's health insurance sucks. I have a $1500 deductible, and then they only pay 75%. With all my cancer stuff, I've already racked up $2000 in bills.

The Mandalorian season two has a release date- Oct 30th! 2020 owed us something I suppose.
                        I still need to watch this. I got Disney+ as a Christmas present (in order to watch that series) and now it's September and I still haven't watched it.

You have to look up Nancy Lee Graham's tweet about it. Bonus points- shirtless pics (Joe- I should probably clarify, lol)pop up when you search the topic.

Spoiler:

Tweet 1: In 24 yrs on #Gh I've shoved 1 off a parapet. (Splat) accidentally had 1 run into my knife & hurl himself of the 21st floor (ouch) ran over more than 1 (I'm a very bad driver) but I've never $*#&ed 1 to death. Let's see if I can add that to my resume after Tues epi. Stay tuned

Also tweeted:
                        My fiancé after hearing about today's #GH has requested to sleep in the guest bedroom from now on.
                        Damn! Now I'm glad I didn't get into it.

Alas, Covid-19 has decided differently. All of the counties that were green and relatively free from high infection rates, have since turned orange which has cut us off from just about everywhere we were tentively planning on going.

Since The Netherlands still has a mandatory 10-day quarantine in place for those who come from the Antwerp Province in Belgium (my dad), we are forced to stick to within Belgian borders for our roadtripping. The Princedom of Luxembourg is entirely off-limits since that's also an orange zone.
                        I'm so sorry!!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                          I still need to watch this. I got Disney+ as a Christmas present (in order to watch that series) and now it's September and I still haven't watched it.
                          YOU MUST!!
                          That is the way!

Because it's seriously epic!

Comment

YOU MUST!!
                            That is the way!

Because it's seriously epic!
                            I second that. Can't wait until it comes back.
                            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              I still haven't seen it either. Well, I've still got a week before I start my Mystic Knights marathon, I should be able to squeeze Mando in.

Spoiler:

Also tweeted:
                              OMG.

Aw man! What a bummer! But on the other hand, it's a chance to see things closer to home.

Comment

Aw man! What a bummer! But on the other hand, it's a chance to see things closer to home.
                                But Belgium is SOOOOOO small...

Comment

Working...
                                X