No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, the things I've built, and still built with cardboard boxes.

Anywho... let the week off commence!
    Managed to get the 31st off, the 1st is a holiday and then I have 2 extra days. I'm so gonna enjoy them.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      It is... so I'm rather happy that The Flash and Arrow are on Netflix about a week after they air in the USA, which makes room for Batwoman and The Rookie. Doctor Who is watched on television, or recorded on our digital recorder device (there's a new episode on January 1st which will have to be recorded cause we won't be home on time for it).

I tend to sample a few episodes and then decide to keep it, or drop it.
      My favorite actor - Goran Visnjic - is going to be on one of the new episodes of Doctor Who. I haven't watched it since the 11th doctor left (except for The Husbands of River Song). I will watch the episode with him in it, though. He's reportedly playing Nicholas Tesla. It'll be interesting to see if that drags me back into Who fandom.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Boxes encourage creativity. SR Jr. made a robot out of a box when he was about 9 that he still remembers.

I forgot to mention that I got my first pieces of twin art for the fridge. They made fingerpaint butterflies in daycare. Thing 1 did beautiful purple and red concentric circles. Thing 2 has half a redyelloworange butterfly and half greenyellowblue that's all done in streaks. I'm sure this says a lot but I don't want to think about it just yet.
      I'm not sure what that means either, but they sound pretty!

Oh, the things I've built, and still built with cardboard boxes.

Anywho... let the week off commence!
      Managed to get the 31st off, the 1st is a holiday and then I have 2 extra days. I'm so gonna enjoy them.
      Enjoy your time off!!

Comment

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Happy New Year's Eve! I plan to celebrate by employing the couch potato technique. Today is the first time I've fired up the laptop since Christmas Eve and I have about a full week of work to cram in before 2pm. So of course I decided to start here, lol. Priorities.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!!

Guess who got a year's subscription to Disney+? You're right. It's me! I was so shocked. I also got a Star Wars TROS calendar. Good Star Wars year.

I'm finally home from my marathon family run. Now I will chill out and watch Star Wars movies on Disney+. (I have them all on DVD, but it's just the novelty of the thing). Tomorrow I'll start watching the Mandalorian.
        Nice! I hope you enjoy and that all the hype didn't set you up for a let down.

You can watch the entire first season of The Mandalorian in one go then cause tomorrow's the season finale.

I finally caught up with the CW Arrowverse shows, but I have to say I'm completely underwhelmed about the Crisis On Infinite Earths crossover. It's the weakest crossover of all the major ones so far for me.
        I haven't watched this season at all, I usually binge them the following summer when they hit Netflix. but D*#ned if it wasn't spoiled for me. Grrr. Internet pirates and their refusal to bury the spoilers. There is no excuse at this point. Everyone knows not to title a tweet, article or insta post with major spoilers, especially character deaths.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Sounds like my friend. She only watches "true" shows like Cops, Court TV and things about crimes. She doesn't like scripted dramas. Who is this person? Also she won't watch HGTV, the Food Network or anything like it.

The twins had a great Christmas even though they had no idea what was happening.

Spoiler:
        1. They didn't want to have anything to do with Santa.
        2. Thing 2 collected all the bows from everybody's present and made a little pile. He was done.
        3. Thing 1 picked up bows and stuck them on Thing 2.
        4. Their favorite present was one from Grandma. Heh. I win Christmas. It was a talking dinosaur.
        5. Thing 2 had an accident in his Christmas PJs which Mom insisted had to be washed for pics. Can't have anyone dressed differently. Thankfully, this year the dog escaped the humiliating outfit.
        6. Best fun ever was Grandpa pushing them around in a big Amazon box. Who needs toys?
        Twin updates make my day. They are pure joy. I can't imagine how happy they must make you all.

I can only pick and choose what to watch from Disney+... I already have a full download docket so not much room for more, or I risk overloading my monthly limit.
        Yuck, that would try my patience.

My favorite actor - Goran Visnjic - is going to be on one of the new episodes of Doctor Who. I haven't watched it since the 11th doctor left (except for The Husbands of River Song). I will watch the episode with him in it, though. He's reportedly playing Nicholas Tesla. It'll be interesting to see if that drags me back into Who fandom.
        He is such a cutie. I mean handsome, of course, but what I see of his personality just is endearing. I'll have to keep an eye out for that epp. Matt Lanter from Timeless had a tiny role in Rise of Skywalker. I didn't even realize it was him when I first watched it.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday and Happy New Year's Eve! Hope everyone has a relaxing and fun day!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

minion - happy new year.jpg

Happy New Years to you all!!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
            Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Happy New Year's Eve! I plan to celebrate by employing the couch potato technique. Today is the first time I've fired up the laptop since Christmas Eve and I have about a full week of work to cram in before 2pm. So of course I decided to start here, lol. Priorities.
            I hope you were able to get all your work done.

I'm going to couch potato the New Year's too.

I haven't watched this season at all, I usually binge them the following summer when they hit Netflix. but D*#ned if it wasn't spoiled for me. Grrr. Internet pirates and their refusal to bury the spoilers. There is no excuse at this point. Everyone knows not to title a tweet, article or insta post with major spoilers, especially character deaths.
            That's how I got spoiled on Tumblr for The Rise of Skywalker. No tags. Grrrrrr.

He is such a cutie. I mean handsome, of course, but what I see of his personality just is endearing. I'll have to keep an eye out for that epp. Matt Lanter from Timeless had a tiny role in Rise of Skywalker. I didn't even realize it was him when I first watched it.
            Yes, on Tumblr we call him our lovable dork.

I didn't know Matt Lanter had a role in the movie. I know he was the voice of Anakin in the cartoons. What did he do in the movie? I'll be on the lookout for it the next time I see it.

Comment

Almost 4am here so happy new year to all!

Should really go to sleep. I have to at a family gathering in ... *counts* ...oh, still have 7,5 hours of sleep to go... I'm good.

When he was announced and it mentioned somewhere that Tesla was going to feature, it was like... oh yeah, right... Goran of course.

I stopped watching when Clara left as I just couldn't get into Capaldi's 12. I only started watching again because I was curious about the first female doctor. I had no idea who Jodie Whittaker was (even though she's in St. Trinians which I've watched multiple times). I watched Twice Upon A Time, which is the regeneration episode but thought it was very weak and was a disservice to both Capaldi and Whittaker. And then I watched The Woman Who Fell To Earth and I fell in love with Doctor Who all over again. I absolutely adore 13.

In the meantime, I've also watched Broadchurch which is also from Chibnalls' brain and features Jodie Whittaker in a role that utterly blew me away, Olivia Colman (who won the Academy Award, Golden Globe and Bafta for her role in The Favourite last year) and David Tennant (10). A lot of the guest actors on series 11 (and a few of 12) were also guest actors on Broadchurch.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday and Happy New Year!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It's already the 2nd here now, but happy new year you lot!

Comment

Almost 4am here so happy new year to all!

Should really go to sleep. I have to at a family gathering in ... *counts* ...oh, still have 7,5 hours of sleep to go... I'm good.
                    Did you end up getting any sleep?

When he was announced and it mentioned somewhere that Tesla was going to feature, it was like... oh yeah, right... Goran of course.
                    Yeah, it's a perfect fit for him.

I stopped watching when Clara left as I just couldn't get into Capaldi's 12. I only started watching again because I was curious about the first female doctor. I had no idea who Jodie Whittaker was (even though she's in St. Trinians which I've watched multiple times). I watched Twice Upon A Time, which is the regeneration episode but thought it was very weak and was a disservice to both Capaldi and Whittaker. And then I watched The Woman Who Fell To Earth and I fell in love with Doctor Who all over again. I absolutely adore 13.
                    I only saw Capaldi's 12 in The Husbands of River Song, in which I liked him well enough. But not enough to start watching episodes again. I should give Whitaker's 13 a chance.

In the meantime, I've also watched Broadchurch which is also from Chibnalls' brain and features Jodie Whittaker in a role that utterly blew me away, Olivia Colman (who won the Academy Award, Golden Globe and Bafta for her role in The Favourite last year) and David Tennant (10). A lot of the guest actors on series 11 (and a few of 12) were also guest actors on Broadchurch.
                    I've heard of Broadchurch but never watched it.

Comment

I only saw Capaldi's 12 in The Husbands of River Song, in which I liked him well enough. But not enough to start watching episodes again. I should give Whitaker's 13 a chance.

I've heard of Broadchurch but never watched it.
                      We watched a few with 12 and liked him okay but if I remember correctly, we were kind of meh on the plots. At some point we wandered off. We may give 13 a try.

We love Midsomer Murders and Death in Paradise so may have to give Broadchurch a try.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Comment

Did you end up getting any sleep?
                          I did... a couple of hours at least. Enough at least to win Monopoly the Queen edition later in the afternoon.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Bowl week may not be quite over yet, but all our teams are, so here's the final College Football Roundup for this season! USC fell to Iowa 49-24 in the Holiday Bowl, Air Force beat Washington State 31-21 in the Cheez-It Bowl, Virginia Tech fell to Kentucky 37-30 in the Belk Bowl, Navy beat Kansas State 20-17 in the Liberty Bowl, and Tennessee beat Indiana 23-22 in the Gator Bowl. Congratulations to all, and on to the 2020 season!

Comment

Falcons are still winning.
                              Looks like a good season.

Comment

Poor Rhode Island didn't even make it to a bowl.

And if the New England Patriots suck during this Saturday's play off game as much as they did last week, our professional team's going to be out too. But really, if they play as badly as last week then they truly don't deserve to go any further. Last week was embarrassing.

Comment

Working...
                                X