Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    Good luck to you all in surviving the (mostly) lovely holiday madness
    Don't need that luck so someone else can have my dose.
    I have nothing to survive -- unless I need luck surviving being a lazy couchpotato in which case I may have to borrow some of that for a bit.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
      Merry Christmas! Good luck to you all in surviving the (mostly) lovely holiday madness

I broke down and went to see Star Wars. We hit the 8:45 a.m. Sunday show and I somehow accidentally booked us into a 4D theatre (my ticket said 3D!). I did not have the foresight to take Dramamine, but I made it through without feeling carsick, but there were a few moments were I wondered if I would make it, lol. I'm trying not to deconstruct the movie too much as I did walk out feeling much happier than when I left the Last Jedi...so I just want to hold on to that for a bit.
      Yay! Glad you had a great time!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Don't need that luck so someone else can have my dose.
      I have nothing to survive -- unless I need luck surviving being a lazy couchpotato in which case I may have to borrow some of that for a bit.
      Joining you on that couchpotato couch. It's a glorious thing.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!!

Guess who got a year's subscription to Disney+? You're right. It's me! I was so shocked. I also got a Star Wars TROS calendar. Good Star Wars year.

I'm finally home from my marathon family run. Now I will chill out and watch Star Wars movies on Disney+. (I have them all on DVD, but it's just the novelty of the thing). Tomorrow I'll start watching the Mandalorian.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!!

Guess who got a year's subscription to Disney+? You're right. It's me! I was so shocked. I also got a Star Wars TROS calendar. Good Star Wars year.

I'm finally home from my marathon family run. Now I will chill out and watch Star Wars movies on Disney+. (I have them all on DVD, but it's just the novelty of the thing). Tomorrow I'll start watching the Mandalorian.
          SWEEEEET!!!!! That's awesome, you're gonna have so much fun!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

You can watch the entire first season of The Mandalorian in one go then cause tomorrow's the season finale.

I finally caught up with the CW Arrowverse shows, but I have to say I'm completely underwhelmed about the Crisis On Infinite Earths crossover. It's the weakest crossover of all the major ones so far for me.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

You can watch the entire first season of The Mandalorian in one go then cause tomorrow's the season finale.
              That's what I'm doing sometime next week. Just have to pick a day.

I finally caught up with the CW Arrowverse shows, but I have to say I'm completely underwhelmed about the Crisis On Infinite Earths crossover. It's the weakest crossover of all the major ones so far for me.
              Heck, I lost all interest when they said it wasn't going to be connected to Smallville. DC's endless merry-go-round of film/TV reboots got exhausting after a while.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Comment

Oh, I forgot to relate a family story. We were discussing Star Wars (which meant my nephew and I had to explain everything, down to the fact that yes, Luke and Leia are twins - they didn't even know that!! How are these people related to me???).

That got us to discussing Disney+ and the stuff on there. I mentioned the Loki series coming up and my brother says "He's the villain. You can't make a whole series about the bad guy. Is he just going to fight Thor every episode?" My nephew came to my defense, saying that villain back-stories are very popular. I just flipped my brother off. He watches TV shows of people building barns. I watched one with him. It was about as fun as watching paint dry. He has no right to criticize my tastes in entertainment.

Comment

I can only pick and choose what to watch from Disney+... I already have a full download docket so not much room for more, or I risk overloading my monthly limit.

Comment

Oh, I forgot to relate a family story. We were discussing Star Wars (which meant my nephew and I had to explain everything, down to the fact that yes, Luke and Leia are twins - they didn't even know that!! How are these people related to me???).

That got us to discussing Disney+ and the stuff on there. I mentioned the Loki series coming up and my brother says "He's the villain. You can't make a whole series about the bad guy. Is he just going to fight Thor every episode?" My nephew came to my defense, saying that villain back-stories are very popular. I just flipped my brother off. He watches TV shows of people building barns. I watched one with him. It was about as fun as watching paint dry. He has no right to criticize my tastes in entertainment.
                      Sounds like my friend. She only watches "true" shows like Cops, Court TV and things about crimes. She doesn't like scripted dramas. Who is this person? Also she won't watch HGTV, the Food Network or anything like it.

The twins had a great Christmas even though they had no idea what was happening.

Spoiler:
                      1. They didn't want to have anything to do with Santa.
                      2. Thing 2 collected all the bows from everybody's present and made a little pile. He was done.
                      3. Thing 1 picked up bows and stuck them on Thing 2.
                      4. Their favorite present was one from Grandma. Heh. I win Christmas. It was a talking dinosaur.
                      5. Thing 2 had an accident in his Christmas PJs which Mom insisted had to be washed for pics. Can't have anyone dressed differently. Thankfully, this year the dog escaped the humiliating outfit.
                      6. Best fun ever was Grandpa pushing them around in a big Amazon box. Who needs toys?
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        Sounds like my friend. She only watches "true" shows like Cops, Court TV and things about crimes. She doesn't like scripted dramas. Who is this person? Also she won't watch HGTV, the Food Network or anything like it.
                        Ugh. Thankfully no one in my immediate family is like that. The extended family I don't see enough to know what they watch, and that's probably a good thing.

The twins had a great Christmas even though they had no idea what was happening.

Spoiler:
                        2. Thing 2 collected all the bows from everybody's present and made a little pile. He was done.
                        4. Their favorite present was one from Grandma. Heh. I win Christmas. It was a talking dinosaur.
                        5. Thing 2 had an accident in his Christmas PJs which Mom insisted had to be washed for pics. Can't have anyone dressed differently. Thankfully, this year the dog escaped the humiliating outfit.
                        6. Best fun ever was Grandpa pushing them around in a big Amazon box. Who needs toys?
                        OMG I love it! The twins are awesome.

I can only pick and choose what to watch from Disney+... I already have a full download docket so not much room for more, or I risk overloading my monthly limit.
                        Oh dear...

Comment

That must be a hard choice, deciding what makes the cut.

She thinks Cops is "true"? That gave me a very big laugh.

Spoiler:
                          Awwww! They are adorable! (And good for the dog!!)

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          That was my reaction. My nephew and I just kinda looked at each other for a second, wondering how we are part of the same family.

Comment

Love the continued adventures of Thing 1 and 2.

Boxes are the coolest toys!

In fact, we had a commercial a couple of years back -- I think it was diapers -- and they had a mother go, "Box." and the kid would turn the box upside down and go, "House.".

That must be a hard choice, deciding what makes the cut.
                            It is... so I'm rather happy that The Flash and Arrow are on Netflix about a week after they air in the USA, which makes room for Batwoman and The Rookie. Doctor Who is watched on television, or recorded on our digital recorder device (there's a new episode on January 1st which will have to be recorded cause we won't be home on time for it).

I tend to sample a few episodes and then decide to keep it, or drop it.

Comment

Love the continued adventures of Thing 1 and 2.

Boxes are the coolest toys!

In fact, we had a commercial a couple of years back -- I think it was diapers -- and they had a mother go, "Box." and the kid would turn the box upside down and go, "House.".
                              Boxes encourage creativity. SR Jr. made a robot out of a box when he was about 9 that he still remembers.

I forgot to mention that I got my first pieces of twin art for the fridge. They made fingerpaint butterflies in daycare. Thing 1 did beautiful purple and red concentric circles. Thing 2 has half a redyelloworange butterfly and half greenyellowblue that's all done in streaks. I'm sure this says a lot but I don't want to think about it just yet.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

She thinks Cops is "true"? That gave me a very big laugh.
                                IKR? Too funny!

That was my reaction. My nephew and I just kinda looked at each other for a second, wondering how we are part of the same family.
                                Oh dear...

Boxes encourage creativity. SR Jr. made a robot out of a box when he was about 9 that he still remembers.
                                I remember when I was a kid, another family down the street was moving to another state (the dad got a promotion), and we all got together and turned one of those tall wardrobe boxes into a spaceship and mounted it on a skateboard to zoom down the sidewalk. Good times.

I forgot to mention that I got my first pieces of twin art for the fridge. They made fingerpaint butterflies in daycare. Thing 1 did beautiful purple and red concentric circles. Thing 2 has half a redyelloworange butterfly and half greenyellowblue that's all done in streaks. I'm sure this says a lot but I don't want to think about it just yet.
                                Awww, those sound sweet! Thing 2 clearly seems to be into modern art.

Comment

Working...
                                X