Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I am (for now) trying to remain spoiler-free. I should probably stay off Tumblr as of tomorrow, since it's opening world wide then. I keep going back and forth, though, with my decision to remain spoiler-free. If it doesn't end in a way I like, I would rather be prepared for it going into the theater. But if it is really good, then I would like to see it completely fresh. First-world problems.
    Well, I won't be seeing it today.
    However, those of the group who've seen it yesterday at the invites-only premiere were extatic about it. Nothing but positive reviews and apparently a perfect ending to the saga.

A family member keeps telling me I need to get Disney+ so I can watch the Mandolorian (spelling?). Maybe that will be a Christmas gift to myself.
    You don't need Disney+ to watch The Mandalorian... ... It's not available in my part of the world but I've seen every episode so far in high definition. It's brilliant and very entertaining.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Mandolorian? I think that's the show SR Jr. was telling me about because it somehow reminds him of the twins. I remain clueless.
    I can see why...

For those not wanting to be spoiled...
    Spoiler:

...the Child is quite possibly a Thing in disguise.

Baby!Yoda has a way with catching frogs and then eating them while the Mando goes "Spit that out!" *gulp* "Nevermind...".
    And he'll fumble with everything he shouldn't be touching.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I am (for now) trying to remain spoiler-free. I should probably stay off Tumblr as of tomorrow, since it's opening world wide then. I keep going back and forth, though, with my decision to remain spoiler-free. If it doesn't end in a way I like, I would rather be prepared for it going into the theater. But if it is really good, then I would like to see it completely fresh. First-world problems.

;
      So Star Wars for me is what Marvel is for you. Cause I waited forever before I watched the last 2 Avengers movies, but waiting to see Star Wars is like lunacy.
      Yep, it's what Marvel was for me. But now that my fave is out, I may just go the "spoil myself so I know how it goes and if I like it, I'll go see it in the theater, otherwise, I'll wait 'til Disney+" route from now on.

A family member keeps telling me I need to get Disney+ so I can watch the Mandolorian (spelling?). Maybe that will be a Christmas gift to myself.
      Disney+ gift cards for a 1-year subscription are now available at Disney Store locations, in case you want to drop a hint to family members for what to get you...

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Spoiler:

Baby!Yoda has a way with catching frogs and then eating them while the Mando goes "Spit that out!" *gulp* "Nevermind...".
      I really should watch this. Now that I've wrapped up The Imagineering Story, I'll have to check it out.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I can see why...

Spoiler:

That's exactly what SR Jr. said.
        Spoiler:
        Both Things will look you right in the eye grinning while they do something you've just told them not to do. We can't wait until they can talk.

LOL of the day. I had my first round of allergy tests this morning. I'm allergic to cockroaches and mold. I don't thing the bugs will be a problem but for the mold they gave me a sheet telling me what foods to avoid. It includes cheese, beer, wine, yeast breads, dried fruit, cured meats and canned tomatoes. What in the world am I supposed to eat? This is not happening. The next round is in Jan for the "environmental" allergens. Can't wait to find out I'm allergic to the outdoors. *fumes*
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Turns out that working from the parental unit's house is akin to being on that remote island.

It certainly worked well to keep them from finding me.
          Crazy to see this. Well the original post because apparently I am a dork and can't select the right post . But the thing about needing to escape to an island. I was scanning through VBRO this morning. I don't need an escape from work, after tomorrow I'm basically off for the rest of the month, but...from the beings who live in my home. Happy Holidays, lol.

Short twin report.
          Spoiler:
          So we babysat last weekend and barely survived. We went to bed on Sunday night at 8pm and slept for 10 hours. Then they turned up sick all week but we somehow missed it. Thing 1 had a cold but Thing 2 had a cold, pink eye and an ear infection. So we got to babysit again yesterday because Mom and Dad had a fancy luncheon to attend and didn't want to send them back to the germ factory daycare.

1. Thing 2 walked 3 steps. Mom screamed and scared him so he'll probably never walk again.
          2. Thing 1 shoves all his food into his mouth at once until his cheeks are full and somehow doesn't choke.
          3. They have a wooden nativity but have eaten lost the baby Jesus. So much for the real meaning of Christmas.
          4. They curl up into a ball and giggle when the dog licks their faces.
          Made. My. Day. Keep these coming. I love reading about these critters!

I must resist the urge to look for The Rise of Skywalker spoilers.

MUST. RESIST.

(Resistance is futile)
          (Wait, that's the wrong franchise)
          Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

I'll spoil myself on the plot and wait until it hits Disney+ to actually watch it.
          I am so indifferent to Rise of Skywalker. I want to see it in the theatre at some point for the quality, but...I'm not even nervcited anymore. The Mandalorian, however, I am enjoying. Though I feel like they swiped a recent character straight from Farscape.
          Spoiler:
          The character Zi'an (Tonks from Harry Potter & Osha from GoT) reminded me so much of Chiana from Farscape, not necessarily the way she looked, but how she moved, spoke, hissed, lol.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

LOL of the day. I had my first round of allergy tests this morning. I'm allergic to cockroaches and mold. I don't thing the bugs will be a problem but for the mold they gave me a sheet telling me what foods to avoid. It includes cheese, beer, wine, yeast breads, dried fruit, cured meats and canned tomatoes. What in the world am I supposed to eat? This is not happening. The next round is in Jan for the "environmental" allergens. Can't wait to find out I'm allergic to the outdoors. *fumes*
            Reminds me of the time when my sister was first diagnosed with her intolerance for lactose.
            It's in everything.

We'd be standing at the grocery store, reading the ingredients out loud to each other and go "Hu, there's lactose in this? It's meat!" -- people usually gave us funny looks, shaking their heads and moving on.

Comment

Reminds me of the time when my sister was first diagnosed with her intolerance for lactose.
              It's in everything.

We'd be standing at the grocery store, reading the ingredients out loud to each other and go "Hu, there's lactose in this? It's meat!" -- people usually gave us funny looks, shaking their heads and moving on.
              Exactly. I don't care what they tell me I'm allergic to. They will have to pry my wine glass out of my cold dead hands. Also bacon.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Disney+ gift cards for a 1-year subscription are now available at Disney Store locations, in case you want to drop a hint to family members for what to get you...
                I just looked it up and the price is a little too steep for my family members to buy. But I did see a deal for it being free for a month. Maybe I'll wait until the series is over, get the free month, and then binge.

Spoiler:
                Both Things will look you right in the eye grinning while they do something you've just told them not to do. We can't wait until they can talk.

No cheese? No wine? Holy crap!! Can't you just take some anti-allergy pills or something? I couldn't give up cheese. Or bacon. Or chocolate.

Well, I accidentally spoiled myself on Tumblr for The Rise of Skywalker. The first spoiler I saw made me cheer. The second made me cry. That's all I'll say for now. I'm still going to see it on Friday.

Comment

I just looked it up and the price is a little too steep for my family members to buy. But I did see a deal for it being free for a month. Maybe I'll wait until the series is over, get the free month, and then binge.
                  The Mandalorian has 8 episodes in season 1, and the last one will "air" on december 27th so you could take that free month in January and watch it all in one go.

But know that it has already been renewed for a second season which I assume will stream around the same time as when season 1 started in november, so 11/2020.

Comment

No cheese? No wine? Holy crap!! Can't you just take some anti-allergy pills or something? I couldn't give up cheese. Or bacon. Or chocolate.
                    It's not going to make a difference because I'm not cutting out those foods. I might be a little more aware of things that might contain mold but cutting out whole foods is not going to happen. I don't think my sinus problems are caused by that anyway. I'll know more when they do the second set of tests of environmentals.

BTW, only people on Medicare have to do it in 2 sessions because of some stupid rule. Everybody else gets stuck with all 80 some needles at once. Yesterday I got 41 sticks in my left arm. Somehow I'm mad and happy all at the same time.
                    sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Spoiler:
                      LMAO!

Oh hell no!

Exactly. I don't care what they tell me I'm allergic to. They will have to pry my wine glass out of my cold dead hands. Also bacon.
                      That's the spirit! Life is short, eat whatever you want (though moderation isn't a bad thing).

Neither could I. I'd go insane if I couldn't have them at least once in a while.

The Mandalorian has 8 episodes in season 1, and the last one will "air" on december 27th so you could take that free month in January and watch it all in one go.

But know that it has already been renewed for a second season which I assume will stream around the same time as when season 1 started in november, so 11/2020.
                      And if the Loki series ends up being as popular as Mando, expect a renewal on that one too.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Welcome to College Football Bowl Season! None of our teams are playing this weekend, so kick back and relax...unless you've still got some last minute Christmas shopping to do. In which case, good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

Comment

Hi all.

I'm still recovering from seeing Star Wars. It was both awesome and terrible at the same time, if that makes sense. I'm deeply torn about it. Part of me thinks it was great but another part wants to critique all the problems.

Spoiler:
                            I continue to be a character killer. Almost all my faves die. Why am I so attracted to characters that end up dead? I'm afraid it says something bad about me.

Comment

I have tickets to go see it tonight.

I'm excited and it will be a relief that I won't have to worry about spoilers coming my way and ruining it.
                              A friend of mine on Facebook was complaining about people whining about spoilers and he apparently posted one without realising it -- even when he said it was okay to post it cause it was in the trailer too -- PAL, some of us have avoided the trailer too so no, it's not OK to post it.

Luckily by the time I got onto my FB, he had already covered up the spoiler so I'm going in totally unspoiled.

Comment

I have tickets to go see it tonight.

I'm excited and it will be a relief that I won't have to worry about spoilers coming my way and ruining it.
                                A friend of mine on Facebook was complaining about people whining about spoilers and he apparently posted one without realising it -- even when he said it was okay to post it cause it was in the trailer too -- PAL, some of us have avoided the trailer too so no, it's not OK to post it.

Luckily by the time I got onto my FB, he had already covered up the spoiler so I'm going in totally unspoiled.
                                Wow, good for you to remain unspoiled! I stumbled onto a spoiler on Tumblr on Thursday. I knew I should have gone off Tumblr before seeing the movie. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                                X