No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Ugh, the bad gateway gremlins are at it again, can't get to the last page, but when I do quick reply and hit preview post I can still see the last few posts, so have hope it goes through... (ETA: Yay it worked!)

FH: LOL!

SR: My condolences to you and Mr. SR for his aunt. Hilarious about his cousin the Stargate fan; hopefully you'll get to talk to her again soon under better circumstances.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

99 years old... that meant she was born in... *counts* ... 1919? Right after WWI. All that history...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        This seems appropriate then...

Minion - beedo.jpg

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
        I'll blame work overload on my brain failure. He was on an episode of the Mandalorian, sorry.
        Ooh, okay. I'll still be on the lookout for him when I start watching.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Hi, miss me? We spent a long weekend in New Jersey because Mr. SR's 99 year old aunt passed away. It was sad but we had a lovely time visiting with the cousins. Somehow in the course of one conversation Mr. SR mentioned that we went to a Stargate convention. His cousin who is an attorney in Seattle jumped all over us and was very jealous. Then we had to explain to the rest of them what it was all about. We never got around to discussing Sparky, but I would love to know what she thinks. I probably won't see her again until the next family funeral. That's how it goes these days.
        Sorry about Mr. SR's aunt. Isn't that the way with funerals, though.... they become the main time the family comes together.

Comment

99 years old... that meant she was born in... *counts* ... 1919? Right after WWI. All that history...
          She served in the Women's Army Corps in WWII and then became a 2nd grade teacher which she loved very much. She also had 400 pairs of shoes, but we won't go into that.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

She served in the Women's Army Corps in WWII and then became a 2nd grade teacher which she loved very much. She also had 400 pairs of shoes, but we won't go into that.
            Where did she put them all??

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]43030[/ATTACH]

Quite the lady.

Who even needs 400 pairs?!?

Comment

Her daughters said she had shelves on every wall. This was a family legend that nobody really believed until they counted after her death. She was always very well dressed and very refined. I'm sure she had a lot of clothes also.
                sigpic

Comment

Hi, miss me? We spent a long weekend in New Jersey because Mr. SR's 99 year old aunt passed away. It was sad but we had a lovely time visiting with the cousins. Somehow in the course of one conversation Mr. SR mentioned that we went to a Stargate convention. His cousin who is an attorney in Seattle jumped all over us and was very jealous. Then we had to explain to the rest of them what it was all about. We never got around to discussing Sparky, but I would love to know what she thinks. I probably won't see her again until the next family funeral. That's how it goes these days.
                  Sorry to hear that. She sounds like quite a character. Funny to hear the cousin is such a Stargate fan, though I'm never brave enough to venture into certain fandom discussions IRL since people can be so reactive if it doesn't fit with their vision of things.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

That sounds awesome. And hilarious about the shoes!

Sorry to hear that. She sounds like quite a character. Funny to hear the cousin is such a Stargate fan, though I'm never brave enough to venture into certain fandom discussions IRL since people can be so reactive if it doesn't fit with their vision of things.
                    Same here. Too much stress involved.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

...I'm never brave enough to venture into certain fandom discussions IRL since people can be so reactive if it doesn't fit with their vision of things.
                      I have a colleague who's a gamer and a geek. We're currently geeking out over Jedi Fallen Order (him on PC, me on Xbox) and Doctor Who.

He's happy that he can talk about it without being looked at funny, and I'm happy there's at least one other person who knows about geeky stuff.

Comment

I have a colleague who's a gamer and a geek. We're currently geeking out over Jedi Fallen Order (him on PC, me on Xbox) and Doctor Who.

He's happy that he can talk about it without being looked at funny, and I'm happy there's at least one other person who knows about geeky stuff.
                        I started watching the new Who, Broadchurch and the new season of The Crown all in the same week. It took me awhile to put it all together but when I did it was . Bravo to all 3. Mr. SR and I both love the new Doctor and all the companions. The humor is back and that's the best part to us. And OMG
                        Spoiler:
                        he's baaaack. You know who I mean if you watched the old shows.
                        sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Comment

I started watching the new Who, Broadchurch and the new season of The Crown all in the same week.
                            Must be confusing to see Miller freelance as the Queen, and Beth as the Doctor.

It took me awhile to put it all together but when I did it was . Bravo to all 3. Mr. SR and I both love the new Doctor and all the companions. The humor is back and that's the best part to us. And OMG
                            Spoiler:
                            he's baaaack. You know who I mean if you watched the old shows.
                            I have seen the classics... but I'm not sure about whether I like it or not -- the return, I mean, not the classics.

Comment

Who even needs 400 pairs?!?
                              How did she ever keep track of what she had? I mean, that's more than 1 year's worth of wearing different shoes every day.

Her daughters said she had shelves on every wall. This was a family legend that nobody really believed until they counted after her death. She was always very well dressed and very refined. I'm sure she had a lot of clothes also.
                              I'm trying to think of how many pairs of shoes I have. Do snearkers count in this? Sandles? If we're talking just shoes, I have a grand total of 6 pairs (which includes 2 pairs of nice boots that I never wear - bought them during my skinny period when I was looking nice). Then 3 sneakers and 2 sandals.

And then even when you find someone who likes the same stuff, sometimes they would get overwhelmed by the amount of trivia I know about it.

It's weird to me that sports fans can have all kinds of trivia memorized and no one thinks poorly of them. But somehow fandom stuff makes you weird.

Comment

How did she ever keep track of what she had? I mean, that's more than 1 year's worth of wearing different shoes every day.

I'm trying to think of how many pairs of shoes I have. Do snearkers count in this? Sandles? If we're talking just shoes, I have a grand total of 6 pairs (which includes 2 pairs of nice boots that I never wear - bought them during my skinny period when I was looking nice). Then 3 sneakers and 2 sandals.
                                It's a mystery, but I have a feeling she never got rid of any of them. Every time I saw her she was dressed to the nines and wearing pumps. I don't know what she wore to teach in. Like I said, she was a family legend.

I counted one time and I had 89 pairs, but that was before I broke my foot and came down with arthritis in both feet. Now I have fewer, can't wear heels or flats with leather soles, so I have mostly comfortable pairs. I'm not quite at the old lady shoe stage but close.

And then even when you find someone who likes the same stuff, sometimes they would get overwhelmed by the amount of trivia I know about it.

It's weird to me that sports fans can have all kinds of trivia memorized and no one thinks poorly of them. But somehow fandom stuff makes you weird.
                                ITA, personally I'm the sarcastic one who points that fact out to the sports fans. Mr. SR has a big mostly loud family and I learned early on I had to give as good as I got or they would eat me alive. Last week one of his cousins told me I was her favorite inlaw, so I must be doing something right.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X