Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Eeep! At least you're on the ground okay! As for the Falcons, um, well...
    Like my flight apparently... ...bumpy.

Ah well, there's always next game.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Like my flight apparently... ...bumpy.

Ah well, there's always next game.
      There is indeed.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm already sick of Christmas stuff. (I know Southern Red doesn't agree with me).

They started playing Christmas music on Nov 1st!!!

Comment

We still have Sinterklaas so no christmas stuff until after December 6th (unfortunately).

And yay, got my sister to finally watch the new season of Doctor Who and she loves it so now can continue watching together and I don't have to hold back spoiling it for her (I actually threatened to spoil it if she didn't want to watch it -- I know, I'm evil that way -- we're sisters after all).

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              I'm already sick of Christmas stuff. (I know Southern Red doesn't agree with me).

All I have to say is: giphy.jpg
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

LOL, sounds like us last year. Day after Halloween--BOOM--snow! Major WTF. This year, we just had rain, thankfully.
                :
                I think we're still firmly stuck in the season of 'if you don't like the weather wait 15 minutes.' Yesterday was 70 degrees, a sunglass wearing, windows open, birds chirping kind of day.

Greetings friends from the island of Tenerife in the -- sort of -- middle of the Atlantic.

Our landing was anything but smooth, on top of a delayed flight, so I'm beat. I hope the Falcons win their game today (if they're playing).
                Enjoy! Note to self, check Instagram for photos. (No pressure, lol).

I want it all. My melodramatic soul needs the infusion of festive light and Christmas spirit. A couple of teens in my family are really struggling in a heartbreaking kind of way. Apparently middle school and high school still suck, but I swear...social media has taken it all to a whole new level of hell. I know #adulting means rising above, but I'm kind of yo-yoing (sp?) between an 'I hate people' and 'goodwill towards all' frame of mind.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                  I think we're still firmly stuck in the season of 'if you don't like the weather wait 15 minutes.' Yesterday was 70 degrees, a sunglass wearing, windows open, birds chirping kind of day.

I want it all. My melodramatic soul needs the infusion of festive light and Christmas spirit. A couple of teens in my family are really struggling in a heartbreaking kind of way. Apparently middle school and high school still suck, but I swear...social media has taken it all to a whole new level of hell. I know #adulting means rising above, but I'm kind of yo-yoing (sp?) between an 'I hate people' and 'goodwill towards all' frame of mind.
                  I don't know how young people manage today. Social Media may be the outlet but lack of common decency and basic manners is at the root. To a large extent I blame the parents and the school systems for caving in to the ridiculous demands of said parents with the my child would never lie attitudes.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I'm with you. Gotta wait until after Thanksgiving with the Christmas stuff.

We're in the low 50s and sunny today. The sun's warm if you're out in it, but the air is quite chilly in the shade. *puts on a heavier hoodie*

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    I don't know how young people manage today. Social Media may be the outlet but lack of common decency and basic manners is at the root. To a large extent I blame the parents and the school systems for caving in to the ridiculous demands of said parents with the my child would never lie attitudes.
                    Yep, bad parenting is the cornerstone of that fiasco. *shudders*

Comment

We still have Sinterklaas so no christmas stuff until after December 6th (unfortunately).

And yay, got my sister to finally watch the new season of Doctor Who and she loves it so now can continue watching together and I don't have to hold back spoiling it for her (I actually threatened to spoil it if she didn't want to watch it -- I know, I'm evil that way -- we're sisters after all).
                      What's Sinterklaas?

All I have to say is: [ATTACH=CONFIG]42761[/ATTACH]
                      Damn straight.

Originally posted by Zandra's Asheas View Post
                      I like the Christmas spirit... just AFTER Thanksgiving. I'm sorry your family members are struggling.

Kids don't have basic manners anymore. 11.gif

I'm with you. Gotta wait until after Thanksgiving with the Christmas stuff.
                      Thank you!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Comment

So I just learned there is a tradition in Iceland where people gift books to each other on Christmas Eve and then spend the night in bed reading. I read almost every night anyway, but this is fantastic. It's apparently a wonderful boost to the local writers and publishing industry as well. My family doesn't do over the top, break the bank madness at Christmas, but...loving this idea.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Posted a few yesterday and today... the other days were spend at the Loro Parque and at Santa Cruz. Gonna post a few from the Loro Parque when I get home and Pet Rock will have a few posted from Santa Cruz.

What's Sinterklaas?
                            Here you go -- Sinterklaas -- which is basically our version of Santa Claus giving toys and candy to kids on december 6th.

Sinterklaas is based on the historical figure of Saint Nicholas (270–343), a Greek bishop of Myra in present-day Turkey. He is depicted as an elderly, stately and serious man with white hair and a long, full beard. He wears a long red cape or chasuble over a traditional white bishop's alb and sometimes red stola, dons a red mitre and ruby ring, and holds a gold-coloured crosier, a long ceremonial shepherd's staff with a fancy curled top. He traditionally rides a white horse. In the Netherlands, the horse is called Amerigo, and in Belgium, it is named Slecht Weer Vandaag, meaning "Bad Weather Today". Sinterklaas carries a big, red book in which is written whether each child has been good or naughty in the past year.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

So I just learned there is a tradition in Iceland where people gift books to each other on Christmas Eve and then spend the night in bed reading. I read almost every night anyway, but this is fantastic. It's apparently a wonderful boost to the local writers and publishing industry as well. My family doesn't do over the top, break the bank madness at Christmas, but...loving this idea.
                              What an awesome tradition for any book lover to take up!

Comment

What a great idea!!

Posted a few yesterday and today... the other days were spend at the Loro Parque and at Santa Cruz. Gonna post a few from the Loro Parque when I get home and Pet Rock will have a few posted from Santa Cruz.

Here you go -- Sinterklaas -- which is basically our version of Santa Claus giving toys and candy to kids on december 6th.

Sinterklaas is based on the historical figure of Saint Nicholas (270–343), a Greek bishop of Myra in present-day Turkey. He is depicted as an elderly, stately and serious man with white hair and a long, full beard. He wears a long red cape or chasuble over a traditional white bishop's alb and sometimes red stola, dons a red mitre and ruby ring, and holds a gold-coloured crosier, a long ceremonial shepherd's staff with a fancy curled top. He traditionally rides a white horse. In the Netherlands, the horse is called Amerigo, and in Belgium, it is named Slecht Weer Vandaag, meaning "Bad Weather Today". Sinterklaas carries a big, red book in which is written whether each child has been good or naughty in the past year.
                                Thank you!!

I was going to go to school and get some work done but it's raining and gross outside, so instead I'm home wasting time.

Comment

Working...
                                X