No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    Do you still hear songs that make you want to run to some forum and beg for someone to make a John/Elizabeth video with? I haven't gone looking on YouTube in a while for anything new as it's kind of disheartening when there is not. In a less somber train of thought, I had a dream last night that they did a spin off series with John, his team, Lorne, and Elizabeth on the run in Pegasus while cut off from Atlantis. That was after a decaf coffee with Baileys. Think I ought to try to the same nightcap tonight, lol.
    Ooooh, that's an awesome story idea! Gotta add Carson though; they'll need a doctor with the amount of trouble they're likely to get into.

And that sounds like a delicious (and inspiring!) nightcap. May have to try that before bed and see if I get any cool ideas.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      It's strange, especially since you can actually hear what the players yell at each other so people were joking that perhaps the English coach might have told his players not to curse too much cause now it would have been drown out by the audience.
      In college football the crowd is sometimes referred to as "the twelfth man" because of the noise which makes it hard for the opposing team to hear the play calls. All's fair in football unless it involves actual physical contact. Plus because of the huge revenue stream from selling tickets, food and merchandise, the NCAA would never even consider no crowds.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Misbegotten was on TV so I watched it. Honor defending!! How could the writers write that and NOT think it would come across as shippy?

Do you still hear songs that make you want to run to some forum and beg for someone to make a John/Elizabeth video with? I haven't gone looking on YouTube in a while for anything new as it's kind of disheartening when there is not.
        Yes! I want a Sparky video to an old song, Bonnie Raitt's "Something To Talk About". I heard it on the radio the other day and it gave me such strong Sparky feels: "We stand just a little too close. We stare just a little too long." It freaking screams Sparky.

I would do it but I never learned how to make videos and frankly, I'm too lazy to want to learn.

In a less somber train of thought, I had a dream last night that they did a spin off series with John, his team, Lorne, and Elizabeth on the run in Pegasus while cut off from Atlantis. That was after a decaf coffee with Baileys. Think I ought to try to the same nightcap tonight, lol. ,
        That's a great dream! Sounds like the nightcap worked wonders. I need to catch up on your latest fic. Can you post a link to it, pretty please?

Makes sense, but how strange must that be for the players? And how strange to watch? It can't be as much fun.
        It WAS weird to watch! So quiet. (And boring.... final score was 0-0).

It's strange, especially since you can actually hear what the players yell at each other so people were joking that perhaps the English coach might have told his players not to curse too much cause now it would have been drown out by the audience.
        A couple of weeks ago, they showed the head coach of the Patriots and he was clearly saying "this is bullsh*t!" There may have been an F word included also.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          In college football the crowd is sometimes referred to as "the twelfth man" because of the noise which makes it hard for the opposing team to hear the play calls. All's fair in football unless it involves actual physical contact. Plus because of the huge revenue stream from selling tickets, food and merchandise, the NCAA would never even consider no crowds.
          Same here, but considering the severity of the rule-breaking -- i.e. the blatant racism and the swastika image -- I think it's fair to say the UEFA has every right to make it a closed-door game.

Also, this is Europe... a swastika is not something you flaunt in public without it having the negative connection with Nazi Germany and the genocide committed against several groups of people during that time, and the same persecution happening now against the same groups along with other groups. Hate has no place in sports and the UEFA is quite strict on that. Money or business be damned.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

That would be a good game for a Bad Lip Reading video. They could add all the cursing back in.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Ooooh, that's an awesome story idea! Gotta add Carson though; they'll need a doctor with the amount of trouble they're likely to get into.

And that sounds like a delicious (and inspiring!) nightcap. May have to try that before bed and see if I get any cool ideas.
            It took going to Ireland for me to try the Baileys and coffee, but I liked it! I probably don't splash enough Baileys in to attribute the dream to it, but you never know, lol. And yes, must have Carson. Oddly enough, I did have another dream with John it, so I'm thinking I'm on to something because I haven't watched a episode in a month or so. I also realized it didn't sound like a spin off since most of the the main crew was involved, but in my dream it was. Strange, but what is one to do with a subconscious?

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            Misbegotten was on TV so I watched it. Honor defending!! How could the writers write that and NOT think it would come across as shippy?

Yes! I want a Sparky video to an old song, Bonnie Raitt's "Something To Talk About". I heard it on the radio the other day and it gave me such strong Sparky feels: "We stand just a little too close. We stare just a little too long." It freaking screams Sparky.

I would do it but I never learned how to make videos and frankly, I'm too lazy to want to learn.

That's a great dream! Sounds like the nightcap worked wonders. I need to catch up on your latest fic. Can you post a link to it, pretty please?

It WAS weird to watch! So quiet. (And boring.... final score was 0-0).

A couple of weeks ago, they showed the head coach of the Patriots and he was clearly saying "this is bullsh*t!" There may have been an F word included also.
            I tried to learn how to make vids a long time ago, but it I found it too tedious. Also, I seemed to suck at it. I wrote one fanfic while obsessing over a song I thought would have been ideal (Fic is Totality, Song is Jimmy Eat World- Firefight), but I can't take the time to write a fic every time a song inspires me because I have a bad habit of a- writing fanfic when I should be working on improving original writing and b- once I start, I can't seem to stop. I just keep adding chapters and chapters. It's a problem, I know.

The last story I think you were reading was Axis Point. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12910878/1/Axis-Point . I never post links, so tell me if I'm breaking GW rule and need to hide it behind a spoiler or something. I will warn you that I ended up getting project at work, so the ending feels rushed, but...it is complete.
            sigpic
            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I know, right? Freakin' crazy.

It took going to Ireland for me to try the Baileys and coffee, but I liked it! I probably don't splash enough Baileys in to attribute the dream to it, but you never know, lol. And yes, must have Carson. Oddly enough, I did have another dream with John it, so I'm thinking I'm on to something because I haven't watched a episode in a month or so. I also realized it didn't sound like a spin off since most of the the main crew was involved, but in my dream it was. Strange, but what is one to do with a subconscious?
              Sounds like an awesome new fic wants to be let out to play!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

That would be a good game for a Bad Lip Reading video. They could add all the cursing back in.

I voiced over a nature documentary on Sunday with my sister -- there was much LOL'ing going on.

The last story I think you were reading was Axis Point. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12910878/1/Axis-Point . I never post links, so tell me if I'm breaking GW rule and need to hide it behind a spoiler or something. I will warn you that I ended up getting project at work, so the ending feels rushed, but...it is complete.
                You can link without fear to any and all fanifc, or post snippets.

There's but one rule though. If it's slash of any nature (any rating, even if it's G), or R/NC-17/M-rated then it has to be linked only and there should be a warning for having extreme violence or sexual situations. I didn't make those rules (cause the slash would be allowed for sure except when R/NC-17/M applied) -- Gateworld Darren did.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Comment

I voiced over a nature documentary on Sunday with my sister -- there was much LOL'ing going on.

You can link without fear to any and all fanifc, or post snippets.

There's but one rule though. If it's slash of any nature (any rating, even if it's G), or R/NC-17/M-rated then it has to be linked only and there should be a warning for having extreme violence or sexual situations. I didn't make those rules (cause the slash would be allowed for sure except when R/NC-17/M applied) -- Gateworld Darren did.
                    Grr. Even G? Thank goodness the fanfic sites aren't restrictive in that manner. There is one I adore (and it is not G rated ). And lol on the nature voice over. That's one I've never seen before, but I can imagine some possibilities. I love watching the Star Wars ones.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I know, right? Freakin' crazy.

Sounds like an awesome new fic wants to be let out to play!
                    I'm fighting the plot bunnies. I'm considering NaNoWriMo and I'll never survive November if I throw a fanfic into the mix. Of course, with enough caffeine and Halloween candy, anything is possible.

Misbegotten is worth watching just for that cute John pause after Elizabeth asks if he's defending her honor. I always wondered about that. If it wasn't meant to be a shippy moment, wouldn't John have just said, "Of course I'm defending you. You're a great leader. " But no. They wrote and directed the awkward pause and the sidestepping of the question. C'mon. Sheppard was only awkward like that when things got personal (normally with an attractive woman in his presence). Preaching to the choir, I know, but my hands wouldn't stop typing.

In my world, performance evaluations are dull experiences that don't tend to inspire handsome men around me to do any head knocking on my behalf. Maybe I need a new career path. Oh, me. I just smile thinking about that scene. Going to have to re-watch.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Grr. Even G? Thank goodness the fanfic sites aren't restrictive in that manner. There is one I adore (and it is not G rated ).
                      Yeah... it has been mentioned on several occasions but so far there hasn't been an official change.

Unofficially, it is tolerated to a point to post snippets... I mean, the snippets I posted containing Kate/Teyla were never removed so (PG-13).

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

I'm fighting the plot bunnies. I'm considering NaNoWriMo and I'll never survive November if I throw a fanfic into the mix. Of course, with enough caffeine and Halloween candy, anything is possible.

Misbegotten is worth watching just for that cute John pause after Elizabeth asks if he's defending her honor. I always wondered about that. If it wasn't meant to be a shippy moment, wouldn't John have just said, "Of course I'm defending you. You're a great leader. " But no. They wrote and directed the awkward pause and the sidestepping of the question. C'mon. Sheppard was only awkward like that when things got personal (normally with an attractive woman in his presence). Preaching to the choir, I know, but my hands wouldn't stop typing.

In my world, performance evaluations are dull experiences that don't tend to inspire handsome men around me to do any head knocking on my behalf. Maybe I need a new career path. Oh, me. I just smile thinking about that scene. Going to have to re-watch.
                        Heh, there's never a bad reason to rewatch Misbegotten. But That Scene really does take the cake!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!
                            We have a bye today but good luck to everyone else.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Thank you!!! I will get to reading this soon. I currently have a back-up of unread fic in my inbox. Good-to-have problems.

atl_302_1330.JPG

But what? Huh? Was I what? Well I was but. But you shouldn't have realized that. Oh crap.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42751[/ATTACH]

But what? Huh? Was I what? Well I was but. But you shouldn't have realized that. Oh crap.
                                LOL yep!

And now, this week's College Football Roundup: Virginia Tech had a bye this week, USC crashed and burned against Utah 41-28, Air Force beat UNLV 41-35, and Navy fell to Houston 49-36. The Marines are gonna be hating this morning's PT run!

Comment

Working...
                                X