Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
    We are trying hard to make them geek babies!! Their baby room is done in dragons and knights and such for our Ren Faire love. Think Princess Bride fun!!!

Yup as soon as I hit enter on the last post, they went off demanding to be fed. Geez.....I did that once already today. *wink*

Mandogater hope all is well with your sister.
    Sounds like a great baby room, Pocus.

As far as I know everything is going well with my sister right now.

Story I should share about my sister. The oldest daughter of my mom's best friend and I wore born three months apart and our little sisters were born three weeks apart. They are currently due three weeks apart. How often does something like that happen?
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      I was raised in northwestern NC and when I heard JF for the first time, I was like, he's gotta be from here Cali or somewhere to the west. And I know what you mean about the accents. The drawl in NC is apparently not easy to erase, as a friend of mine told me yesterday.
      And why exactly a space bimbo like Larrin picked one up is a true mystery.

POCUS!! *Glomps you tight*

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Uh...yes. You think they don't? Here's a scholarly article explaining the linguistics of the Midwest accent.
      Don't try to educate certain people. You might cause a system crash in the brain.

But even in my tiny state of Rhode Island, there are variations in accent by town/area.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
      So many possibilities from just the one shot:
      Those were comedy gold, gateraid! Green for you!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
      Sounds like a great baby room, Pocus.

As far as I know everything is going well with my sister right now.

Story I should share about my sister. The oldest daughter of my mom's best friend and I wore born three months apart and our little sisters were born three weeks apart. They are currently due three weeks apart. How often does something like that happen?
      This math girl is too tired to figure that out.

Comment

Just like the North/South in the US. When I first married Mr. SR, I had to interpret a lot of conversations with my family in both directions. It's not just sounds of words, but actual words for things that differ. And even within the South, there are lots of regional dialects and accents. Then there are the New York/New Jersey accents vs. New England. And all that's just the East coast. Out west it's much the same.

I remember when SGA first aired, people were wondering where JF was from and trying to figure out his accent. A lot of fans heard a bit of Southern because he drawls. But those of us who are really Southern knew we were hearing a Western drawl with a bit of Surfer dude thrown in. And Torri has a slight Canadian lilt with those lovely round vowels.

And don't even get me started on the UK brand of English. It's just as complicated over there. I love Dr. Who, but I sometimes miss parts of dialogue through confusion.
        You forgot to mention the loveliness known as Pittsburghese - another language all it's own! LOL

I always loved listening to Torri and Amanda...they both slip in that Canadian a little here and there
        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
        sigpic

Comment

Thank you for the greens I haven't been here enough lately to be able to return the favour

I'm speechless, and it's not even smutty Tuesday. BTW, how does Sheppard know Simon is finished in under a minute?
          An educated guess? Perhaps he was assuming that Lizzie was the best thing that had ever happened to Simon, so much so that he couldn't contain his exuberance for very long. Part of that might have been borne from Simon doing an homage to her hairstyle after she was gone. In all seriousness, I can never quite settle on where I see that relationship and their roles within said relationship. I think they probably would have stayed together had it not been for the expedition, but who knows for how long. I couldn't see them having children together. As for who wears the pants, that's a tough one. When they're apart, on the face of it I'd say it would be her. But when they're together, he's always been the one to deliver the pwning.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Oh hell, the upstairs neighbor is walking back and forth again... 8 steps in one direction, 8 steps back... over and over again... It's the middle of the night! *face!palm*
          How very Friends-reminiscent. I'm imagining you poking the ceiling with a broom right now

FH that is exactly what happened. They actually wait until I open GW and then start fussing sometimes. *sigh* At least I can read with them on my lap. Love keeping my mind in fandom. Keeps me sane during the crying fits.

*pictures Sheppard up at 1 AM pacing with a baby in his arms and telling it all about Superheroes and movies*
          I don't know how you find the time. Twins are......demanding. Worth it, naturally, but time consuming

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
          You forgot to mention the loveliness known as Pittsburghese - another language all it's own! LOL

I always loved listening to Torri and Amanda...they both slip in that Canadian a little here and there
          I LOVE it when Amanda says "Earth" - it is so cute (I hate that word but it seemed apt)
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes, Varda!!

I actually just got back from having dinner with her and everything seems to be going good for her.

I remember watching a behind the scenes piece on Firefly and the actors and writers were talking about trying to learn the Chinese. They were also debating how bad it sounded to native speakers.
            That's good news, I'm glad for you both

I must somehow missed this part of Behind the scenes... But now I'm intrigued I'll try to find this piece and watch.
            I've entered the Abyss and never returned.

sigpic

My links: Tumblr || Twitter || VK

Comment

We are trying hard to make them geek babies!! Their baby room is done in dragons and knights and such for our Ren Faire love. Think Princess Bride fun!!!
              Aw, I want that room too.

How very Friends-reminiscent. I'm imagining you poking the ceiling with a broom right now
              Not that far from the truth either...

Originally posted by Varda View Post
              I must somehow missed this part of Behind the scenes... But now I'm intrigued I'll try to find this piece and watch.
              Maybe you'll find it on YouTube.

Or someone will post it here this weekend since GW's theme for the next three days just so happens to be Firefly... SHINY!!
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

FH that is exactly what happened. They actually wait until I open GW and then start fussing sometimes. *sigh* At least I can read with them on my lap. Love keeping my mind in fandom. Keeps me sane during the crying fits.

*pictures Sheppard up at 1 AM pacing with a baby in his arms and telling it all about Superheroes and movies*
                Awww, that's so cute. I think I felt a twinge in my left ovary.

It's even worse just here in Ohio. I grew up along the Ohio River. When we moved to Coshocton, which is in the central part of the state, in junior high people told me I had an accent. Maybe I crossed the river into West Virginia too much.

To make matters even worse I went to college in the north of the state and hung out with all the Englishmen on the soccer team. I'd come back home and curse with a Manchester accent.
                My #2 mother-in-law (Mr. SR's stepmom) was from Cleveland, so yeah, I know that accent.

An educated guess? Perhaps he was assuming that Lizzie was the best thing that had ever happened to Simon, so much so that he couldn't contain his exuberance for very long. Part of that might have been borne from Simon doing an homage to her hairstyle after she was gone. In all seriousness, I can never quite settle on where I see that relationship and their roles within said relationship. I think they probably would have stayed together had it not been for the expedition, but who knows for how long. I couldn't see them having children together. As for who wears the pants, that's a tough one. When they're apart, on the face of it I'd say it would be her. But when they're together, he's always been the one to deliver the pwning.
                I think their relationship was just so comfortable, they both probably never thought about changing it. Simon seemed totally floored when she left him that video, and that was wrong for the writers to do on so many different levels. If they wanted to start out making her look cold and heartless, they succeeded admirably. But they never made the relationship seem real, much as they never got any relationship correct. Lucky us they never decided to actually get Sparky together.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*stumbles in*

Good morning, everyone! Seems like I have a bit to catch up on!

Being the Star Trek fan that I am, I went to the special showing of "The Best of Both Worlds" last night with around 15 friends. Had a blast! Great remastering of the episode! And the bloopers... OMG, I died laughing. Which is one thing that TPTW could've taken a lesson from.

Anyhow, it's Friday, and I'm ready to get my Sparky back on.

Comment

Two by two, hands in blue!

*runs*

Comment

*stumbles in*

Being the Star Trek fan that I am, I went to the special showing of "The Best of Both Worlds" last night with around 15 friends. Had a blast! Great remastering of the episode! And the bloopers... OMG, I died laughing. Which is one thing that TPTW could've taken a lesson from.

That's good to know. This one is next on our list after Ironman 3. We'll wait until the crowds thin out. I've been tasked with finding an IMAX with a good restaurant nearby for our Ironman outing. Thing is, we've got us in Virginia, one guy in Maryland and another one in DC. Can you say "triangulation"?
                      sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

And when SK hair flips you, it could cause permanent injury. Ask her about her hair incident with Joe.
                        *snickers*

Awwww... Sheppard with a Sparky baby. SQUEE!

Yup as soon as I hit enter on the last post, they went off demanding to be fed. Geez.....I did that once already today. *wink*

Mandogater hope all is well with your sister.
                        That is an awesome baby room! You're starting 'em off right!

I think their relationship was just so comfortable, they both probably never thought about changing it. Simon seemed totally floored when she left him that video, and that was wrong for the writers to do on so many different levels. If they wanted to start out making her look cold and heartless, they succeeded admirably. But they never made the relationship seem real, much as they never got any relationship correct. Lucky us they never decided to actually get Sparky together.
                        Amen to that. Sparky would've been a disaster if they'd been actively pursuing it. Now, if they'd simply left it up to the actors... oh wait, they did, kind of.

*stumbles in*

That's fantastic, glad you had a great time!

That's good to know. This one is next on our list after Ironman 3. We'll wait until the crowds thin out. I've been tasked with finding an IMAX with a good restaurant nearby for our Ironman outing. Thing is, we've got us in Virginia, one guy in Maryland and another one in DC. Can you say "triangulation"?

And whee, Iron Man 3! Still debating whether or not to do the full Iron Man marathon (Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Avengers, and Iron Man 3) on the 2nd, or just see Iron Man 3. The theater at Downtown Disney is one of those running the marathon, so conceivably, I could spend the morning at Disneyland, then head over to the theater for a massive Iron Man love fest in the afternoon.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I just got home from seeing ’Iron Man 3’ and my head is still spinning so badly from the epicness of that film that I’m having a hard time making any coherent sentences so I can’t reply to any previous posts right now but I will later on.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                            I just got home from seeing ’Iron Man 3’ and my head is still spinning so badly from the epicness of that film that I’m having a hard time making any coherent sentences so I can’t reply to any previous posts right now but I will later on.
                            Now you're getting me all excited, but please no spoilers.
                            sigpic

Comment

I concur, no spoilers for Iron Man 3 please. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                I concur, no spoilers for Iron Man 3 please. Thank you.
                                Of course not, I promise you that there will be no spoilers from me. I went into seeing it completely spoiler free myself and I would want everyone else to experience it that way as well
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X