• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Thank you.

Instead of "Spot Wally", we play Where is KT?:

Spoiler:
    Spot her, you can...
    * when Finn walks out of the Falcon at the rebel base, she's cruising in the background
    * again when they're scrambling around the base when they're off to destroy the starkiller base
    * a third time she's at the bottom of the screen right before Rey, Finn and Chewie arrive with the Falcon

Basically, at the rebel base - always outside.

And the 501st Legion flag can be spotted among Maz Kanata's flags.

R2-KT is a special made R2-droid for the daughter of Albin Johnson, the founder of the 501st. She didn't survive a brain tumor. The droid was hers. Here you can read all about R2-KT.

You're welcome.

Should I see the movie again I'll be sure to look in those places.

Now I'm tempted to watch the Clone Wars movie to see R2-KT and the series arc that envovles QT-KT.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    Sometimes it almost feels like JJ Abrams exists specifically to spite me. He's taken my two favorite franchises and made movies out of them that, somehow, everybody in the world but me loves.
    I agree completely. I was severely disappointed by his Trek movie.

For Star Wars,
    Spoiler:
    besides doing a poor job with all the EU plot ideas he stole, when you kill off a major player like that and I don't care something isn't right.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Okay, that cow dung statement literally made me

And everyone deserves to have some minions! I don't get to tell anyone what to do at my job either, so it's nice to have my little minion things around me.
    I wish I was only kidding when I said that.

More reason for me to get some.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

In other topics, I've been on a major River Song (Doctor Who) kick since the Christmas special and I'm realizing I always fall in love with strong, grown up, quick witted, kick ass female characters whose stories make me weep uncontrollably. Of course, with Doctor Who it is the good kind of weeping because the storytelling and acting was so phenomenal. Whereas poor Elizabeth didn't HAVE to make me (and John!) so sad if it wasn't for #%%^$^ producers.
      Amen. A-frakking-men. I'm still in denial.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I haven't seen the new Star Wars yet, which is shocking because I was so obsessed with them all through childhood that all my yearbooks are filled with Star Wars references. But then the prequels came and my love wavered. And I hated what Abrams did with the first new Trek so much that I didn't even bother to see the next one, so I'm dreading a further degradation of my childhood fantasy world. I will go see it eventually. Maybe this weekend.
        For what it's worth, Mr. SR and I, SR. Jr. and Mrs. SR Jr. (who isn't even a fan) loved it. It has the flavor of the original and IMHO, any undesirable outcomes can be taken with a wait and see attitude. There are, after all, going to be at least 5 more movies I believe.

In other topics, I've been on a major River Song (Doctor Who) kick since the Christmas special and I'm realizing I always fall in love with strong, grown up, quick witted, kick ass female characters whose stories make me weep uncontrollably. Of course, with Doctor Who it is the good kind of weeping because the storytelling and acting was so phenomenal. Whereas poor Elizabeth didn't HAVE to make me (and John!) so sad if it wasn't for #%%^$^ producers.
        We saw that and enjoyed it so so much. Frankly, Mr. SR who goes all the way back with the Doctor to the original has been disappointed lately, not with Peter Capaldi because he is a great actor, but with the plots. It hasn't seemed fresh this season. But the Christmas special was like the old days. I'm wondering if it's time for a new companion. Clara just isn't doing it for us anymore.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          We saw that and enjoyed it so so much. Frankly, Mr. SR who goes all the way back with the Doctor to the original has been disappointed lately, not with Peter Capaldi because he is a great actor, but with the plots. It hasn't seemed fresh this season. But the Christmas special was like the old days. I'm wondering if it's time for a new companion. Clara just isn't doing it for us anymore.
          The stories have indeed been disappointing, and yes there will be a new companion since Clara is sort of dead and he can't remember her.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The thing about opinions is that they can come in just about any combination. Regardless of whatever you may think about earlier Star Wars movies, JJ Abrams' other movies or what other people think, you'll never know for sure whether you'll enjoy The Force Awakens until you see it for yourself.
            So very true. Good point!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Amen. A-frakking-men. I'm still in denial.
            I want to amend what I said earlier. I think Elizabeth's sad stories were brilliantly acted (by both actresses and certainly by Joe), but they just weren't necessary. The sadness should have had some kind of happy ending to make it all worthwhile. Or at least show further scenes where they pointed out the loss of Elizabeth. Think of Charmed - with all the mess with Shannen Doherty, they still made a point to mention her character in many later episodes, and the last episode.

For what it's worth, Mr. SR and I, SR. Jr. and Mrs. SR Jr. (who isn't even a fan) loved it. It has the flavor of the original and IMHO, any undesirable outcomes can be taken with a wait and see attitude. There are, after all, going to be at least 5 more movies I believe.
            Wow, at least 5 more? And another good opinion! That's promising.

I believe Clara is gone now. I don't know who the new companion will be, but I'm think Clara is out. More Alex Kingston/Peter Capaldi stories would work for me (I thought they were pretty damn hot together), but I've always been more of a fan of River than a fan of the whole show. Kinda like Atlantis, where I watch the Elizabeth episodes more than the others. Speaking of which, I've been thinking of a rewatch of some of the classic SGA eps. I haven't seen any in a long, long time. Maybe start with The Storm/The Eye. I think you just can't deny the shippiness after those episodes. I mean, they basically stole the Die Hard movie, where the characters in John's and Elizabeth's positions got together in the end. Hello??

Comment

The stories have indeed been disappointing, and yes there will be a new companion since Clara is sort of dead and he can't remember her.
              I'm so cynical. I just never believe anyone is really dead, but Mr. SR will be thrilled to learn there is to be a new companion.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm so cynical. I just never believe anyone is really dead, but Mr. SR will be thrilled to learn there is to be a new companion.
                She's dead, but due to some meddling of the timelords she's not dead. She's currently a bit like Schrodinger's Cat. As long as you keep the box closed, she's alive but once you open it, she's dead. But definitely not back as companion.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

I want to amend what I said earlier. I think Elizabeth's sad stories were brilliantly acted (by both actresses and certainly by Joe), but they just weren't necessary. The sadness should have had some kind of happy ending to make it all worthwhile. Or at least show further scenes where they pointed out the loss of Elizabeth. Think of Charmed - with all the mess with Shannen Doherty, they still made a point to mention her character in many later episodes, and the last episode.
                  Indeed. Just ignoring her like she never existed? Talk about sticking out like a sore thumb.

I believe Clara is gone now. I don't know who the new companion will be, but I'm think Clara is out. More Alex Kingston/Peter Capaldi stories would work for me (I thought they were pretty damn hot together), but I've always been more of a fan of River than a fan of the whole show. Kinda like Atlantis, where I watch the Elizabeth episodes more than the others. Speaking of which, I've been thinking of a rewatch of some of the classic SGA eps. I haven't seen any in a long, long time. Maybe start with The Storm/The Eye. I think you just can't deny the shippiness after those episodes. I mean, they basically stole the Die Hard movie, where the characters in John's and Elizabeth's positions got together in the end. Hello??
                  Oooh, a rewatch would be fun! Maybe we should put together a list of what episodes people would like to watch? And how many episodes would we cap it at?

She's dead, but due to some meddling of the timelords she's not dead. She's currently a bit like Schrodinger's Cat. As long as you keep the box closed, she's alive but once you open it, she's dead. But definitely not back as companion.
                  *snorts* Sounds like what the producers did to Elizabeth.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*snorts* Sounds like what the producers did to Elizabeth.
                    Except that in this case Jenna chose to leave, while Torri didn't. AND she and Ashildr (Macie Williams) are exploring the galaxy in their very own TARDIS.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Except that in this case Jenna chose to leave, while Torri didn't. AND she and Ashildr (Macie Williams) are exploring the galaxy in their very own TARDIS.
                      Definitely the better deal there.

Comment

Oooh, a rewatch would be fun! Maybe we should put together a list of what episodes people would like to watch? And how many episodes would we cap it at?

Ooooh, sounds like fun! Maybe just the "best of Sparky" eps? Hmmm......

The ones that pop into my head are:
                        1. Rising - the end scene focuses on them, for crying out loud... how freaking stupid can these writers be?
                        2. 38 Minutes - just what did John want to say specifically to Elizabeth??? If this episode had happened later in the series, can you imagine the shippy vibes? (Besides, shirtless John. Sorry/not sorry )
                        3. Home - John is with a scantily clad woman yet keeps thinking about Elizabeth "and everyone else". Hah! Plus - War and Peace scene. Southern Red wrote a great fic based on that, I remember. Gotta look that one up and read it again.
                        4. The Storm/The Eye - duh
                        5. The Hot Zone - angry make up sex after that one
                        6. Before I Sleep - birthday gift
                        7. Sieges - another obvious

That's just the first season. Maybe that's too much. Maybe I see ship everywhere.

ps. One thing I refuse to do ever again is watch 90% of seasons 4 and 5. Trio and Brain Storm, anyone? I decided long ago that I would NEVER put myself through that kind of torture again. I whump my characters, not myself.
                        Last edited by JT-2; 11 January 2016, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Trio and Brainstorm are the single worst episodes of those two seasons, in my opinion. I don't think they necessarily reflect either as a whole.
                          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Trio and Brainstorm are the single worst episodes of those two seasons, in my opinion. I don't think they necessarily reflect either as a whole.
                            Those are the only 2 eps of the entire show that I only watched live and didn't rewatch.
                            sigpic

Comment

Buenas dias! Went to Honduras over the winter break and it was beautiful and amazing! Have midterm exams at work this week so easy life for the interpreter.

Those are the only 2 eps of the entire show that I only watched live and didn't rewatch.
                              *looks for and proceeds anyway* I did rewatch Brain Storm, but only because I was major league shipping McKeller at the same. I've said it once, and I'll say it again: I'll pretty much ship anything with a pulse.

Actually, I started watching a new series from Hallmark Channel called "When Calls the Heart" and I'm hooked on the primary ship. Hook, line, and sinker. It helps that the main female character is named Elizabeth.

In other fandom news, I'm getting ready to submit my short story for the Star Trek: Strange New Worlds contest this year. I'll let y'all know what happens. If I get accepted, it will be my first published work.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                                I've said it once, and I'll say it again: I'll pretty much ship anything with a pulse.
                                Is reminded of Captain John oogling a poodle in Torchwood. He also shipped everything with a pulse.

Comment

Working...
                                X