Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
    FH- sounds amazing. I’m filing it all away for my bucket list. I still have the Lake District on my mind. Loved your photos.
    The UK will not be on our list for a while to come. It now requires a passport which we don't have readily available. An ID-card used to be enough but with Brexit, rules changed.

We've been saving up for another musical with a friend. We're at 300 euro at the moment -- each time one of us has a birthday we donate money to a piggy bank and that's where we are right now. So musical is happening next year -- which one... that's as of yet unknown.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

So…if you are at a Universal hotel and a tornado warning is issued, do you know what happens? Nothing. Everyone’s phones are blaring and everyone went on about their business, the restaurant and lobby were packed. I have bad luck and don’t dare tempt fate so I headed for shelter. It was surreal. It ended up fine, but holy heck. There were a few more warnings overnight, but today was a beautiful day to be a geek in the parks.

JT2- saw the beach photos! So glad you had such a lovely day.

SK- SDCC is still on my list, but I wished I could have made a few years ago. I feel I missed out on some magic.

FH- sounds amazing. I’m filing it all away for my bucket list. I still have the Lake District on my mind. Loved your photos.

America126- you are on such a roll, I’ll be watching a SGA epp tonight. You are right, Sheppard had a sharper edge after losing Elizabeth.
      Yep! I Actually Finished The 5th and Final Season Last Night.

Yes, He Definitely Went Darker and Got Moody,etc after He Lost Elizabeth
      Last edited by america126; 17 March 2022, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

So…if you are at a Universal hotel and a tornado warning is issued, do you know what happens? Nothing. Everyone’s phones are blaring and everyone went on about their business, the restaurant and lobby were packed. I have bad luck and don’t dare tempt fate so I headed for shelter. It was surreal. It ended up fine, but holy heck. There were a few more warnings overnight, but today was a beautiful day to be a geek in the parks.
        Wow! Hope the weather is more cooperative and no more tornados! Glad the rest of the day was fine, though! *hugs*

SK- SDCC is still on my list, but I wished I could have made a few years ago. I feel I missed out on some magic.
        Honestly, I'm kind of hoping that the COVID hiatus and people still wanting to be socially distanced will finally tame the "camp-out for the big panels" trend. That would go a long way towards bringing back some of that magic I felt when I first started going to SDCC. But someday, I'd like to go back.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Amazon Has Cleared The First Hurdle in Buying MGM.!!!

Brad Wright is Working on a New Stargate TV Show.

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2021/...al-gate-world/

One of His Ideas is to Have ALL 3 Stargate Shows in One Show, That is Mentioned in Another Article on Gateworld

Comment

I went to see Spider-Man today at the movie theater. I was the only one in my theater. It was awesome!! And I quite liked the movie. I hadn't seen all of the previous Spider-Man movies, but I was able to follow along anyway. I knew most of the plot from Tumblr.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Have fun at the beach!
            Oh, I did!! I might go again tomorrow. It's supposed to be about 70 so it will be much warmer. Of course, that also means there will be more people. As referenced above, I like my solitude.

Yes, and I think that's especially true of A New Hope. With the wrong score, it could have all too easily been dismissed as a campy B-level movie, but the score gave it that punch of seriousness that subtly worked on audience's brains to say, "hey, I'm more than just a flashy sci-fi romp!" And then we got to Empire Strikes Back and the Imperial March becoming perhaps the most recognizable piece of film music of all time (maybe aside from Williams' theme from Jaws LOL), and the rest, as they say, is history.
            OMG, yes!! With another score, A New Hope could have been hopeless camp.

And now I need to go listen to the Imperial March.....

Yeah, that Palpatine storyline was just... *shakes head*

But ooooh yes, OBI-WAN!!!!! Really, all the SW Disney+ shows have rocked, so I'm sure Obi-Wan will be equally awesome.
            The fact that JJ Abrams didn't have a clear view of what the plot of the series would be at the beginning just... boggles the mind. When I saw The Last Jedi, I thought that for sure JJ spoke to Rian about how the plot was eventually going to go, who Rey was going to be... I was a naïve fool. And then the climax of the freaking Skywalker saga ends up being 2 members of the Palpatine family fighting each other? WTH???? Sorry, don't get me started on that clusterf**k.

Hee! I learned early on to hit the exhibit hall within the first two or three hours after opening; by noon-1pm it starts turning into traffic congestion hell. Then go upstairs and watch panel discussions in the smaller rooms (and they're all sized for the most part on the scale of the SG cons or even smaller!) for the rest of the day. That avoids a lot of the crowds.
            Smart thinking!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes
            So glad you had fun!! The tornado story reminds me of when I visited a college friend in Macon, Georgia. There was a tornado warning and everyone just went about their day like normal. I kept saying "uh shouldn't we go inside or something" and my friend just laughed at me. Apparently, no sirens = no worries. *shrug*

Originally posted by america126
            Amazon Has Cleared The First Hurdle in Buying MGM.!!!

Brad Wright is Working on a New Stargate TV Show.

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2021/...al-gate-world/

One of His Ideas is to Have ALL 3 Stargate Shows in One Show, That is Mentioned in Another Article on Gateworld
            Sorry, but I don't care. The most we would get would be more McKay and Keller and Sam, and no thanks. Maybe that makes me a bad gate fan, but... I'm glad it's exciting for you, though!!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              I went to see Spider-Man today at the movie theater. I was the only one in my theater. It was awesome!! And I quite liked the movie. I hadn't seen all of the previous Spider-Man movies, but I was able to follow along anyway. I knew most of the plot from Tumblr.

Sorry, but I don't care. The most we would get would be more McKay and Keller and Sam, and no thanks. Maybe that makes me a bad gate fan, but... I'm glad it's exciting for you, though!!
              I Have Not Seen The New Spiderman Movie Yet

I Completely Understand, You Are Not a Bad Fan at All

Yep, It is VERY Exciting. Maybe because I Finished Season 5 of Stargate Atlantis Last Night *Shrugs*

Last edited by america126; 17 March 2022, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Only blue skies today. Hope you made it back to the beach JT2. SK, that would be a nice Covid side effect. The thought of SDCC is intimidating enough without what I’ve heard, and like you said, the crush of fans waiting for the panels.

Wifi sucks and hence streaming anything is near impossible so I took inspiration from my storm warnings and watched the Storm and The Eye, one of four SGS Epps I downloaded for a previous trip.

My only true hope for the Amazon news is that they keep the episodes on prime. I have all SGA on dvd and digital but had started causally rewatching SG1 and I don’t have all of those.

Comment

I also hope that SGA remains on Hulu. They've said it was going to disappear several times now, but something happens and it ends up staying. I have all the SGA dvds but it's just so much easier to stream them. I also have Amazon prime, so if it moves over there I'm still good.

Oh, and my favorite quote from Spider-Man...

"You know what’s cooler than magic? Math."

Math girl likey.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

Or maybe John was driving the car. Good one.

And since it's Sparky Day, I had some thoughts about that old chestnut "show don't tell". We know that these writers have commonly done the latter and not the former. It's been extremely obvious in the case of Sparky.

Spoiler:
                    They told us that Elizabeth was John's boss and then showed him sitting on the corner of her desk and flirting with her. They told us John's love interest would come from another source and then showed Elizabeth as the only woman he ever gave a gift, tried to cheer up when she was down, singled out repeatedly for attention, and cried over. They told us they weren't deliberately filming any scenes with the two of them that hinted at deeper feelings than friendship, but they showed them in intimate conservation in the moonlight, repeatedly, with romantic music playing, and showed him agreeing to allow his body to be used by an alien pretending to be her husband, and showed her welcoming him home with a hug that he responded emotionally to. Somehow I think what they showed us was a lot louder than what they told us. I had some other ideas about things they told us about John's feelings but never actually showed us, but I want to focus solely on Sparky and leave other ships out. Essentially the entire episode of GiTM shows us exactly how John felt about Elizabeth. They don't need to tell us anything else.
                    THIS!!!

Elizabeth Weir is John Sheppard's Love Interest!!

I Just Finished Rewatching ALL 5 Seasons of Stargate Atlantis.. and It is SO Obvious Now!!!! I Saw a Music Video with John Sheppard and Elizabeth Weir..Over 3 Months Ago...and I Was Like.. This is NOT Even Subtle Anymore...Thanks to Watching Hallmark Movies.
                    Last edited by america126; 18 March 2022, 05:37 AM.

Comment

In unrelated news, I was watching some season 2 today and Hermiod is just the funniest dude ever.

"Crap indeed."

"Dr. Kavanagh. Stop. Talking. Please."

Comment

In unrelated news, I was watching some season 2 today and Hermiod is just the funniest dude ever.

"Crap indeed."

"Dr. Kavanagh. Stop. Talking. Please."

Comment

I finished Star Trek Deep Space Nine yesterday and I can't help but think that the SGA PTB watched that show and copied the "ensemble show" theory to the letter.

We pretend we have all these characters but only use the (male) ones that are easy to write for/we like the best.

So you can imagine that my favorites are short changed at every turn.
                          I also fell madly in love with the Jadzia Dax/Kira Nerys pairing (characters which are short changed at every turn obviously), and to a lesser extend Ezri Dax/Kira Nerys.
                          And umm... yes... I may have already read quite ... most ... not all but most fic on AO3.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            I finished Star Trek Deep Space Nine yesterday and I can't help but think that the SGA PTB watched that show and copied the "ensemble show" theory to the letter.

We pretend we have all these characters but only use the (male) ones that are easy to write for/we like the best.

So you can imagine that my favorites are short changed at every turn.
                            I also fell madly in love with the Jadzia Dax/Kira Nerys pairing (characters which are short changed at every turn obviously), and to a lesser extend Ezri Dax/Kira Nerys.
                            And umm... yes... I may have already read quite ... most ... not all but most fic on AO3.

Star Trek is Awesome!

That is Certainly Possible That They Copied That .. Who Knows *Shrugs*

Although, The Creator of The TV Show- The 100 Really Liked The Ending of GOT and Was Like.. We are Going to Copy The Ending of That Show. and They Did Copy The Ending, Especially Where One of The Romances is Concerned. if You Know, You Know.

Speaking of Fanfic, I Have Been Reading a Little Bit of Fanfic with John and Elizabeth

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

SK, that would be a nice Covid side effect. The thought of SDCC is intimidating enough without what I’ve heard, and like you said, the crush of fans waiting for the panels.
                              Yep. But if you want a taste of SDCC in a smaller size with more manageable crowds, you might want to give WonderCon a try. It's run by the same organization and is held in Anaheim (just across the street from Disneyland! Two-for-one vacay!) around late March-early April. This year it's April 1-3, which might be a little too late to schedule for, but it's something to consider for next year.

Awesome! It's so nice to be the only one in the theater. You can laugh as hard as you want at the funny bits, boo at the bad guys and all that without disturbing anyone else.

Oh, I did!! I might go again tomorrow. It's supposed to be about 70 so it will be much warmer. Of course, that also means there will be more people. As referenced above, I like my solitude.
                              Solitude is a good thing.

The fact that JJ Abrams didn't have a clear view of what the plot of the series would be at the beginning just... boggles the mind. When I saw The Last Jedi, I thought that for sure JJ spoke to Rian about how the plot was eventually going to go, who Rey was going to be... I was a naïve fool. And then the climax of the freaking Skywalker saga ends up being 2 members of the Palpatine family fighting each other? WTH???? Sorry, don't get me started on that clusterf**k.
                              Yeah, the make-it-up-as-you-go method doesn't work so well. Proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance.

Same here. Given how things went off the rails last time under the same leadership, I'm not holding my breath for anything better.
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Same here. Given how things went off the rails last time under the same leadership, I'm not holding my breath for anything better.

Good Morning!

You Never Know. Apparently, The Executive Producers are NOT Working on The 4th Series with Brad Wright..

They Could Also Give Us a Mini-Series to Finish off The Show or a Movie Series
                                Last edited by america126; 18 March 2022, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X