No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

*waves to ShipperWriter* Hiya! Your vacay sounds awesome! As does your easy week!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    That's just the first season. Maybe that's too much. Maybe I see ship everywhere.
    If that's wrong, I don't wanna be right!

ps. One thing I refuse to do ever again is watch 90% of seasons 4 and 5. Trio and Brain Storm, anyone? I decided long ago that I would NEVER put myself through that kind of torture again. I whump my characters, not myself.
    *snorts* Agreed.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Those are the only 2 eps of the entire show that I only watched live and didn't rewatch.
    Yep.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

HI back, SK!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Is reminded of Captain John oogling a poodle in Torchwood. He also shipped everything with a pulse.
      Yeah, but he shipped himself to everything with a pulse as well. I'm not that bad yet.

Ooooh, sounds like fun! Maybe just the "best of Sparky" eps? Hmmm......

The ones that pop into my head are:
      1. Rising - the end scene focuses on them, for crying out loud... how freaking stupid can these writers be?
      2. 38 Minutes - just what did John want to say specifically to Elizabeth??? If this episode had happened later in the series, can you imagine the shippy vibes? (Besides, shirtless John. Sorry/not sorry )
      3. Home - John is with a scantily clad woman yet keeps thinking about Elizabeth "and everyone else". Hah! Plus - War and Peace scene. Southern Red wrote a great fic based on that, I remember. Gotta look that one up and read it again.
      4. The Storm/The Eye - duh
      5. The Hot Zone - angry make up sex after that one
      6. Before I Sleep - birthday gift
      7. Sieges - another obvious
      Yes! Time for a Sparky rewatch! I was gonna suggest setting a limit to the number of eps per season but then the shipper bunnies threw carrots at me.

That's just the first season. Maybe that's too much. Maybe I see ship everywhere.
      It's not too much. We all have shipper-colored glasses on when it comes to Sparky.

And curses. I've been gone so long I've forgotten half of the smilie codes. :crap: It takes so much longer to write a post when you have to go look them up. On the plus side, I just bought and downloaded all of Adobe's programs for $10. One of the perks of being a school board employee. Once I learn how to use all of it, bring on the Sparky artwork.

Comment

More Sparky drabbles. Part 3.

Spoiler:
        • “I’m sorry. I didn’t know.”

John nodded his head in silent acceptance as Elizabeth approached him on the balcony. The door slid shut behind her as another wave crashed against the pier below. "It didn't even occur to me--"

"Elizabeth," he cut her off quietly. "Just let it go."

She took her place next to him at the railing. "Couldn't sleep?"

"I'm guessing that you couldn't either."

It was two in the morning and her office lights had gone out at a decent time. John knew full well that she was suffering with a bout of insomnia, just as he was. Granted, the reasons were completely different.

Elizabeth was still recovering from a particularly bad sinus infection that forced her awake at night, unable to breathe properly. She had visited the infirmary at the same time that John was walking out with a prescription to help him sleep.

She tried to talk to him, but he ignored her and brushed past. He didn't want to deal with his own demons any more than he wanted others to know about them.

Aside from the staff meeting in the morning, John had avoided Elizabeth all day. Apparently, not having the military commander sitting on her desk for part of the day had given her time to research and figure out what was wrong and why he got so pissy with her.

"I should've realized it earlier," she quietly continued, seeming to ignore his wishes. But he bit his lip and let her speak. "I've never seen you get this dark before. But I'm also assuming that you've never lost anyone else on the same date as the helicopter accident."

He dropped his head. "No," he replied with a sharp inhale.

"I know you well enough to know that telling you it's not your fault won't make a difference. But I'm telling you anyway," she said, turning to face him.

"Myers and Stratton were 25 and 27. They don't get to have a full long life because of something I missed." John turned to face her. "So don't tell me it's not my fault when you know full well that is it."

Elizabeth licked her lips, carefully selecting her next words. It was a habit that he had seen all too often during an offworld meeting gone wrong. "I know that you think and feel like it's your fault. And you will beat yourself up about it for the next month until their faces don't wake you up at night anymore. And then you'll go a week without thinking about it until you see their old locker, or someone mentions them because they forget they're gone, or you automatically call for them on a mission and they're not there. But you are here. You are alive because of what they did for you, for this mission, and you know full well that given the chance, they'd do it again." She raised her hand and rested it on his shoulder. "Blaming yourself makes their sacrifice worthless. Don't do that to them. Don't do that to us."

John blinked, trying to hold the tears back, but one escaped. He sighed, dropping his shoulders and reaching up for Elizabeth's hand. "You're getting way too good at this," he whispered.

"I'll do it as many times as I need to," she replied in kind.

• “Please don’t argue.”

"I'm not arguing!"

"You call that not arguing?!"

"Elizabeth, bring the jumper back to the bay. Now."

"We've been over this, John. You know you can't order me."

"And you know I can order the Marines and they'll actually follow it, unlike you!"

"And I will still do what is right! Do not test me on this, John, and that is an order."

"Do you even realize what you are doing right now?"

"Yes, I am taking that stupid game that you and Rodney have had your faces glued to for the past nine days and I am dumping it in a remote area of ocean where you will never find it!"

"Oh my God, you sound like such a five year old right now!"

"Well, now, at least you know how you've been acting!"

And then Elizabeth woke up.

Her eyes widened as she scanned the room and realized that she had yet another one of her drug-induced dreams. She had no idea when she visited Mitotria that the local cuisine was actually laced with an extremely potent hallucinogen that didn't affect the locals due to years of exposure.

Visitors, however, went on the craziest ride of their lives.

Elizabeth, John, and Rodney had spent two days in a drug-induced coma while Carson monitored them until he was content that the majority of the drug had worn off. But as the last two nights had proven, a remnant had remained and was causing dreams far more insane than she could have ever imagined possible.

She heard a tapping and slowly eased herself out of her bed. Pulling on her robe as she approached the door, she already knew who was standing on the other side.

As the doors slid open, John stuck his hands into the pocket of his navy blue robe. "Hey," he greeted quietly.

"Hey. I take it the--"

"Yeah," he nodded. "A little bit crazier than the night before, but not as intense."

"Yeah, mine too."

Last night, John had invited Elizabeth into his quarters when she showed up at his door at three in the morning, but she declined and went back to her room. But after laying in bed for three hours, staring at the ceiling - because that was another side effect, once you woke up from the dream, you couldn't get back to sleep - she regretted not having company.

So she decided differently for today. "Coffee?"

"Sounds good," he replied quickly, falling into step beside her as they made their way to the nearest lift.

"What was your dream about?" he asked as they walked into a dimly lit cafeteria.

"I was stealing a jumper and we were yelling at each other like unreasonable five-year-olds."

He processed the comment, then smirked. "Yeah, still doesn't beat mine."

"All right, what was yours?" she asked, pushing open the door that led into the prep room where a coffee percolator rested on the counter. As often as some of the expedition members had tried making coffee in their rooms and almost caused a fire, the red-headed cafeteria manager decided that it was much safer to leave a 24-hour source of coffee in the prep room.

And Elizabeth blessed her every day for it.

"We were all characters in Star Wars."

Elizabeth laughed as she reached for two mugs. "Well, it's an obvious guess who Ronon was. And I have a feeling that the scoundrel was you."

"Elizabeth," John replied with a mocking pout. "You hurt me. Scoundrel?"

"Were you Han?"

"Yes."

She shook her head and dispensed coffee into both cups, pushing them over to John who held the creamer in hand. She had no problem drinking it black, but she wanted her nocturnal coffee break to warm her, not grow hair on her chest.

"McKay was Luke Skywalker. That's how I knew it was a dream."

Elizabeth smiled. "And Teyla was?"

John pursed his lips, carrying the coffee out to a table. "Actually, I don't remember Teyla being in the dream. Oh, wait, yeah, she was. She was Threepio. Again, thank you, Pegasus hallucinogens."

"Well, who was Leia, then?"

John looked directly at her and unsuccessfully hid a smirk behind his cup.

"No."

"You'd look great with buns."

"Shut up."

"Or that outfit from Jabba's palace."

"Don't make me through hot coffee on you."

• “I did a pregnancy test.”

Elizabeth looked up at the lieutenant colonel as he entered her office after his unexpected announcement. "You did what?"

"I took a pregnancy test."

"Dare I ask why?"

"For fun?"

Elizabeth sighed, then gestured to one of the chairs. Ever since the power surge had rendered the Gate and the jumper bay doors inoperable two days before, the Expedition had found itself with an inordinate amount of time on their hands. Some were pursuing projects that they had been putting off since their arrival, and some were sunbathing more than they should.

Others had found themselves completely bored and started doing anything they could to entertain themselves.

Like taking home pregnancy tests, for instance.

"How did you even get one from Carson?"

John raised an eyebrow. "Who do you think I got the idea from? He's been suggesting it to everyone who passes by."

Elizabeth shook her head and opened a new email to staff, saving it to her drafts. In the midst of a mental meltdown, sending a message about not using emergency supplies - which the pregnancy tests were - seemed more likely to incite a riot than to serve as a thoughtful reminder. "I'll have a word with him later."

"It came back negative."

Elizabeth glared at him. "You can't even imagine how relieved I am," she replied flatly. "Isn't there something more constructive that you could be doing besides using our emergency rations for your own amusement?"

"I could go surfing."

Elizabeth looked outside at the flat sea. "I don't think your odds are very good there."

"I could rollerblade out to the pier."

"Do you even have rollerblades?"

John nodded in defeat. "I could start reading War and Peace again."

"I have an even better idea for you." Elizabeth picked up a tablet and handed it to him. "Help me finish these reports."

John glanced over the screen. "Elizabeth, these aren't even your reports. They're mi--oh."

Elizabeth looked knowingly at him. "Yes, they are yours. Do you really mean to tell me that in the last two days of downtime, you preferred taking a pregnancy test just for the heck of it instead of doing your weekly - and might I add, overdue reports?"

John looked back at her with the same expression. "Wouldn't you?"

Elizabeth shook her head and brought her eyes back to her tablet. "No, John, I wouldn't."

"So you're telling me that you never blew off a class in college to do something fun?"

"That's not what I said."

"So you did?"

"John?"

"Yes?"

"Do your work, or I will personally see to it that the next door that breaks is yours."

"Yes, ma'am."

After five minutes of silence, she looked up with a slightly guilty expression. "I skipped one of my finals during freshman year to go to the beach."

John chuckled, never taking his eyes off his work. "I knew you had it in you."

Comment

Part 4.

Disclaimer: this one ended up being more angsty than I planned. Not sorry.

Spoiler:
          • “Do you ever think we should just stop this?”

John turned the light on his P-90 towards the scientist. “Stop what?”

“Looking for Elizabeth.”

John froze in place at Rodney’s words, words he never thought he would hear anyone say, much less him. Anger and fear and terror and hate rose in his throat, but he cleared his voice and quietly growled, “What makes you say that?”

“Sheppard,” Rodney replied in a softer voice than he anticipated, “it’s been three weeks. I don’t know how Elizabeth would’ve been able to survive out here for that long.”

John took another look around at the frozen cave. The Stargate on this planet stood alone on a wide open plain, but the sunshine that reached the planet was more generous with the light than with the heat. The temperature had maintained a steady 10°F in the time since Elizabeth Weir had been lost on this planet.

He winced as he recalled the events leading up to it. An away team led by Major Lorne was heading out when an electrical surge of unknown origins struck the Gate. Elizabeth had been standing on the floor of the Gate room, having a quick word with the team leader, but the normal confines of gravity ceased to have any effect on the room and everything turned sideways. Evan Lorne had held onto a pole and Elizabeth had held onto him.

Until her grip came loose and she slid through the event horizon of the active Stargate.

McKay and Zelenka had been unable to produce any answers; when they ran a diagnostic, the only thing it revealed was that the wormhole had somehow jumped to another Stargate. Sheppard was having flashbacks to a similar incident during the first year of the SGC’s existence involving Colonel O’Neill and Captain Carter, but they had already ruled out the possibility of a second Stargate existing on this world.

The first week after she had disappeared, General Landry had authorized a search and rescue mission when they found a viable location. McKay had worked long into the night for eight days straight until they finally found a location with evidence of human life.

The Stargate on M26-370 had a message in pebbles laid out next to it.

“Here.”

They called it good enough and began sending crews through.

But after twenty-two days of around-the-clock search parties and probe scans, the hope of finding Elizabeth was beginning to fade for many of the Expedition members. The SGC had appointed John as interim commander of Atlantis until the IOA could send another person they deemed worthy.

But there was no one else who could take Elizabeth’s place.

John refused to give up; while other teams resumed normal field operations, SGA-1 would check in on this planet every day. When John told the team of his intentions, Ronon Dex nodded in silent agreement. Rodney sighed. Teyla pressed her lips firmly together and forced a smile, stating her belief that they would find her.

John could feel it; something would not let him believe that Elizabeth was gone, that there was no hope. Maybe it was the sting of losing men in battle before that drove him to continue. Maybe it was the fact that he did not want to lose his best friend.

Maybe it was the fact that he was not ready to live without her.

So he shook his head. “I know, McKay,” he quietly responded with a sigh. “But for all the times that one of us has been lost, she never gave up on us. I’m not giving up on her.”

“Sheppard!”

Ronon’s roar from across the cave startled Sheppard. It wasn’t one of disappointment, but rather one of hope.

Did they find her?

John ran across the frozen ground, thankful for the snow boots.

Teyla and Ronon knelt on the ground. The Athosian woman held something black in her hands.

“It’s Elizabeth’s jacket.”

John’s heart sunk.

“It’s warm,” Teyla added in surprise, turning it over to examine.

Then something flew out of the air and hit John in the head.

“Ow! What the—“ he muttered as he turned around to pick it up.

Another black rock, similar to the ones found near the Stargate, had something etched into the side of it.

“Stand back.”

John’s eyes widened. “Everyone, back up!” he yelled as he pulled his P-90 back to the ready.

The air seemed to ripple in front of them until a human form became visible, as though looking through frosted glass. Then something flashed and Elizabeth Weir stood in front of them, hugging herself tightly as she shivered loudly.

The team stood in shock until Teyla finally whispered, “Elizabeth?”

She smiled back. “Glad to see you got my message,” she quietly greeted, then collapsed to her knees.

Without hesitation, John stripped his vest off and undid his jacket, kneeling as he threw it around Elizabeth’s back and pulled her close. “You okay?” he asked.

“Better now. Just a little chilly.” Her voice was hoarse, probably from the cold.

He smiled. Then with a glance at Ronon, he told him, “Get to the Gate. Radio for a jumper. We’ve got to get Elizabeth out of the cold.”

As Ronon exited the cave, John rubbed Elizabeth’s back vigorously. “It’s okay. You’re gonna be alright. We just gotta get your body temperature up.”

“Atlantis?” she hoarsely whispered.

“The city’s fine.”

“Wh— happened?”

“As far as we can tell, an unpredicted solar flare caused a geomagnetic—“

“Rodney?”

“Hmm?”

John could feel Elizabeth smile against his shoulder as she spoke. “Heat, then lecture.”

He held his hands up and chuckled. “Sure, sure. My mistake.”

“McKay, Teyla, jumper’s on it’s way,” Ronon radioed.

Not many words were spoken once they got Elizabeth into the jumper. Carson Beckett was already waiting for her in the infirmary when they returned to Atlantis. Despite the temperature of the planet, Elizabeth’s core temperature was closer to normal than he had expected. News had spread of Elizabeth’s return, but by the time the sun set, Carson had requested no more visitors.

But John was never one for obeying doctor’s orders, anyway.

He walked into the quiet infirmary and nodded at Marie, then walked closer to Elizabeth’s bed.

Elizabeth was laying somewhat reclined in a bed, a warm saline solution still being fed through an IV. Her palm pilot was off to the side, as well as a plate of food that she hadn’t quite been able to finish. John stood next to the curtain for a moment, regarding her, until she became aware of another visitor. She smiled, then nodded. “I was wondering when you were going to visit.”

“I didn’t want to get in Carson’s way,” he smoothly lied.

Elizabeth raised an eyebrow. “Since when has that stopped you before?”

He nodded reluctantly and took a seat at her side. “How’re you feeling?”

“Better. Warmer. Alive.” She shook her head. “For a while there, I thought I was hallucinating.”

“What happened out there?”

She shrugged, searching for the words. “There was no DHD on the other side. I waited by the Gate as long as I could but I knew eventually I would freeze to death. So I began looking for a structure, anyplace where I could take shelter. I found the cave. So I trekked out once more with the rocks to leave a message, hoping the snow wouldn’t cover it up, and I stayed in the cave.”

“Without food or water for three weeks?” John asked.

“Well,” she smiled, “there was plenty of water.”

“But you’re not malnourished.”

“That’s because there was another place in the cave.” She shifted in her seat. “Do you remember when you went through the temporal barrier where the villagers were trying to ascend?”

“Yeah.”

She chuckled. “Found another one.”

“So you were safe?”

“For the most part. But there wasn’t anyone there. Either they had all ascended or no one knew about it’s existence anymore. Due to the planet’s climate, I believe the second reason is more likely. So I had food and water. And a lot longer than three weeks.”

John sighed. When he had been trapped, what had in reality only been a handful of hours had been months for him. “How long?”

“About six weeks. It was only twice as long as regular time.” Elizabeth sighed, then sat up in her seat. “I had food and water, a place to sleep under the stars with 70° weather. But I was afraid if I tried going back through the other side that I wouldn’t be able to return. So I checked on the fissure every day, seeing if there was any activity on the other side.” She smiled softly. “When I saw Ronon and Teyla, I tossed my jacket through. When I saw that they had found it in time, I threw a rock.”

“Thanks for that, by the way,” he replied, rubbing his temple with a smirk.

“At least it worked.” Elizabeth leaned over and touched his hand. “And I still had people looking for me.”

John looked back up at her, hazel eyes glimmering darkly. “You wouldn’t give up on any of us. You didn’t give up on me. Not doing the same for you wasn’t even an option.”

She smiled warmly back at him. “So the next time this happens—“

“Oh, there won’t be a next time,” John interrupted. “I’ve already put into practice new procedures that prevent non-essential personnel from being on the Gate room floor when it’s active.”

Elizabeth paused a moment, looking at her lap. “So now I’m ‘non-essential’, am I?”

“That’s not what I—“

“John.”

He looked up and met her gaze.

Her eyebrow was lifted, her eyes were dancing, and a small smile was tugging at the corner of her lips.

“Get some rest, John. You need it as much as I do.”

John nodded. “All right. I’ll be by to check on you in the morning.”

“Breakfast would be good, too.”

“I’ll bring you coffee.”

Elizabeth hissed. “On second thought, I haven’t had caffeine in six weeks. Maybe we should ease back into it slowly.”

John smirked as he stood. “I’m just glad I wasn’t around for your caffeine withdrawal mood swings.”

Elizabeth’s pillow hit him on the back.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
            Buenas dias! Went to Honduras over the winter break and it was beautiful and amazing! Have midterm exams at work this week so easy life for the interpreter.

*looks for and proceeds anyway* I did rewatch Brain Storm, but only because I was major league shipping McKeller at the same. I've said it once, and I'll say it again: I'll pretty much ship anything with a pulse.

Actually, I started watching a new series from Hallmark Channel called "When Calls the Heart" and I'm hooked on the primary ship. Hook, line, and sinker. It helps that the main female character is named Elizabeth.

In other fandom news, I'm getting ready to submit my short story for the Star Trek: Strange New Worlds contest this year. I'll let y'all know what happens. If I get accepted, it will be my first published work.
            I love love that show too. Now that is screen chemistry. Have you ever noticed names involved with that show and many other Hallmark shows and movies that sound familiar? Plus, a lot of Stargate actors appear on the Hallmark shows along with several writers and directors. Oh, and the lead male character is Jack, which is sometimes short for John. No, that is not a stretch. *shifty eyes*
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I love love that show too. Now that is screen chemistry. Have you ever noticed names involved with that show and many other Hallmark shows and movies that sound familiar? Plus, a lot of Stargate actors appear on the Hallmark shows along with several writers and directors. Oh, and the lead male character is Jack, which is sometimes short for John. No, that is not a stretch. *shifty eyes*
              YES! OMG, I adore this show! Kavan Smith is one of the new leads and handsome as ever. I believe Paul McGillion was in one episode. Almost didn't recognize him! And I'm completely with you on the Jack/John thing. That thought has crossed my mind all too often. However, in Googling and searching Tumblr for Jack x Elizabeth, I forgot about Pirates of the Caribbean so I had to filter through a lot of Johnny Depp.

Sparky sidenote: I just rediscovered my Photobucket folder with all the Sparky smilies I've collected. Time to share. Here's the link to my
              Sparky Smilies.

Comment

Part 5. I reached the end of this drabble prompt list, so off to search for another one.

Spoiler:
                • “I didn’t know you could sing.”

John shook his head, looking up from his guitar to the woman who had just appeared in the doorway to his quarters. "I can't."

"Then your speaker system is top of the line because it sounded like someone was actually singing in here."

John sighed. "I'm not getting out of this one, am I?"

"Nope." Elizabeth took a seat on the reclining chair. "Do you have another one of those?" she asked, nodding towards the beer can.

He smiled. In the three years since they had made Atlantis their home, Elizabeth Weir had never asked him for a drink. Except for that one time on M74-178 that they agreed never to discuss. It turned out that no one, not even the Pegasus locals, knew how strong the Resiek water was. And water was a misleading name.

Moonshine would've been more accurate, but still not exact.

He pulled another can of Bud Light off the six-pack and handed it to her. Despite being out of the fridge for half an hour, the windows were opened and the temperature had dropped to the high 60s. The metal floor was a good insulator of cold for the cans. "To Atlantis?" he asked, holding up his can.

She agreed. "To Atlantis," she echoed, clinking her can against his.

He took a swig. "So," he drawled, "what's a nice girl like you doing in a place like this?"

Elizabeth smiled. "Oh, you know. Girl goes to college, gets her doctorate, then makes a wrong turn at the Pegasus Galaxy."

He chuckled, then put his can back on the floor and started strumming again. "Johnny Cash?"

"Sure," she replied faintly, placing her can on the floor as well.

His fingers ran across the strings and found the chords in a long since memorized manner, humming softly as he found the right key. He played the notes slower than the way Johnny Cash had recorded it, but John was a sucker for acoustic versions anyway.

John started singing the first verse. "I keep a close watch on this heart of mine. I keep my eyes wide open all the time. I keep the ends out for the tie that binds. Because you're mine, I walk the line."

He glanced at Elizabeth and saw her leaning back in the chair, hands clasped behind her head. Her eyes were closed, and even over the sound of the guitar chords her hum was audible.

So when she started singing the next verse with him, John just smiled and kept playing. "I find it very, very easy to be true. I find myself alone when each day is through. Yes, I'll admit that I'm a fool for you. Because you're mine, I walk the line."

"Now just the ladies," he called out and Elizabeth opened her eyes in feigned shock. But as John nodded at her to sing, she leaned back again and closed her eyes.

"As sure as night is dark and day is light, I keep you on my mind both day and night. And happiness I've known proves that it's right. Because you're mine, I walk the line."

John stopped playing and regarded Elizabeth. "I don't think I've ever heard you sing before."

"It's not something I like to do in public."

"You should. That was beautiful."

Her eyes remained closed as she waved a nonchalant hand at him. "You've had too many beers."

"Just one. And I mean it. You should sing more often."

Elizabeth looked up at him. "I loved singing when I was a kid. I tried out for every school play, every musical. I was quite the actress when I was younger."

"Lends itself to diplomacy pretty well, too."

Elizabeth chuckled. “It does help. There were times when I literally could not bear to be in the same room as some of the people who were involved in the negotiations. But keeping the big picture in mind helped me to put on a smiling face and get through it.” She picked up her can and shook it side to side. The lack of liquid sloshing inside made John chuckle. “You have another?”

“Yep. But you can’t drive for an hour afterwards.”

“That’s okay,” she replied, handing him her empty can in exchange for a full one. “I like the musician who’s playing.”

He smiled, then started playing again.

• “Come home with me.”

Elizabeth looked up at him. “What did you say?”

“Come home with me,” John repeated. “Please.”

She shook her head. “John, you know I can’t do that.”

"Yes, you can. There's nothing stopping you."

“It’s not possible.”

“You can step through the Stargate. I’ll even show you how.”

“John, that’s not what I mean, and you know it.”

“So why are you suddenly incapable of leaving this planet? Because if memory serves, you’ve wanted nothing more than to come home for months.”

“I do. But I’m … I’m not ready.”

“Elizabeth. It’s time. Why are you delaying this?”

“Because I’m worried, all right? I’m worried about what I’ll find on the other side.”

“You’re gonna be with me. You don’t have anything to be worried about.”

“It won’t be the same.”

“Things haven’t been the same for months.”

“What about the others? Rodney, Teyla, Ronon? How will they react?”

“They’ll be thrilled. I promise.”

“How are you so sure?”

“Because I will be over the moon happy if you come home with me.”

“John.”

“Elizabeth.”

She sighed, then pushed back from her desk. “I’m … nervous about meeting your family.”

“Seriously? That’s why you don’t want to go?”

Elizabeth sighed again, then stood and crossed the room, taking the chair next to John. “I’ve been privy to some of the most crucial negotiations in the history of Earth. I’ve stared down a Wraith. I’ve travelled to another galaxy, and yet, meeting your family terrifies me.”

John laughed. “My brother’s not that scary, trust me.”

“I know, I know, it’s just … it’s new for me. I haven’t met my significant other’s family since Simon, and, well, we all knew each other, so it was more of a formality than anything.” She reached for his hands. “I’ve never really been the girl that anyone brings home to meet the parents.”

“Kinda skipped that step, huh?”

She nodded. “I know it’ll all be fine, but it’s still nerve-wracking.”

“And again, I remind you: you’ll be with me. You’ll be fine.” He lifted her hands to kiss the backs of them, something she found oddly unusual and romantic for him. “They’re gonna love you. Not as much as I do, but they’re gonna love you.”

She smiled.

Comment

ShipperWriter, your drabbles made my day. I'm stuck upstairs while two not-so-burly young men strip the wallpaper in my kitchen, and I'm getting bored. Plus, some of the strange noises coming from down there are starting to alarm puzzle me, so I needed a distraction. Well done.
                  sigpic

Comment

ShipperWriter, your drabbles made my day. I'm stuck upstairs while two not-so-burly young men strip the wallpaper in my kitchen, and I'm getting bored. Plus, some of the strange noises coming from down there are starting to alarm puzzle me, so I needed a distraction. Well done.
                    You're more than welcome.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

ShipperWriter, those drabbles will definitely keep the angst away! Even that supposedly angsty one.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                        Buenas dias! Went to Honduras over the winter break and it was beautiful and amazing! Have midterm exams at work this week so easy life for the interpreter.

Actually, I started watching a new series from Hallmark Channel called "When Calls the Heart" and I'm hooked on the primary ship. Hook, line, and sinker. It helps that the main female character is named Elizabeth.
                        Glad to hear you had fun on your vacation, SW.

My mom loves that show. Haven't got interested in it myself yet. All I ever seem to do is wonder in while she's watching it and remind her who was on Stargate.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post

My mom loves that show. Haven't got interested in it myself yet. All I ever seem to do is wonder in while she's watching it and remind her who was on Stargate.
                          Hey, it's a hard job, but somebody's gotta do it. We just started watching The Shannara Chronicles and noticed Brad Turner's name as an executive producer. He has also popped up in a number of shows over the years. SG people are all over the place.

Speaking of Hallmark, does anyone else watch Cedar Cove? Both Teryl Rothery and Dylan Neal (John's brother) have a major part, and Carl Binder is a writer.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hey, it's a hard job, but somebody's gotta do it. We just started watching The Shannara Chronicles and noticed Brad Turner's name as an executive producer. He has also popped up in a number of shows over the years. SG people are all over the place.
                            I don't hear good things from the Chronicles. I wanted to watch it, but I can't find it online...

Speaking of Hallmark, does anyone else watch Cedar Cove? Both Teryl Rothery and Dylan Neal (John's brother) have a major part, and Carl Binder is a writer.
                            Don't watch it, but I think it's cancelled.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post

I do that with almost everything I watch now. If I see an actor from another series, I tell whoever's watching with me who it is, then I double-check IMDb to make sure I'm right.

Yes, I love that show too! I watch it off Netflix but I'm not sure if I've finished Season 2 or not. I just realized that Dylan Neal was on Arrow as well and I didn't recognize him.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              I don't hear good things from the Chronicles. I wanted to watch it, but I can't find it online...

Don't watch it, but I think it's cancelled.
                              Say it ain't so! *wanders over to IMDb to check*

*wanders back in* Yep, the recently aired 3rd season was its last. Shucks.
                              Last edited by ShipperWriter; 14 January 2016, 03:56 AM.

Comment

One more thing:

It's midterm exam week here at the high school (which mean 90 minute periods of nothing for me to do while my student takes her tests), and SGA is still on Hulu.

*switches to lurk mode*

Comment

Working...
                                X