Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Just dropping by to say bye bye. I'm leaving tomorrow for a couple of weeks. I'll be in Vegas for part of the time and will try to visit Planet Hollywood and look for detective Sheppard. See you when I get back.

Or was Vegas filmed at the Hard Rock? Somebody tell me quick so I won't go looking in all the wrong places.
    Oooh, have fun on your trip, sounds like it'll be a blast!

Re: Vegas filming locations, according to Gateworld's production notes, it was at Planet Hollywood.

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s5...tml#production (in the last bullet point on the list)
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!

Have fun!
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Bye SR, have fun and be safe!!!

I'm headed to my parents' in Florida on Wednesday for a week (graduation/birthday present to myself) but I'm taking my laptop and will be able to hop online from time to time. Looking forward to time to relax and read and write for fun!

On a Sparky note - up to Conversion in my rewatch and how did I forget how Sparky this ep is, despite the pathetic efforts that were made to make it NOT Sparky.
        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Oooh, have fun on your trip, sounds like it'll be a blast!

Re: Vegas filming locations, according to Gateworld's production notes, it was at Planet Hollywood.

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s5...tml#production (in the last bullet point on the list)
          Thanks. I think we have plans to go see a show there, so maybe I can get pics.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!

Have fun!
          So that means I can't tell you about my trip. Heh.

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
          Bye SR, have fun and be safe!!!

I'm headed to my parents' in Florida on Wednesday for a week (graduation/birthday present to myself) but I'm taking my laptop and will be able to hop online from time to time. Looking forward to time to relax and read and write for fun!

On a Sparky note - up to Conversion in my rewatch and how did I forget how Sparky this ep is, despite the pathetic efforts that were made to make it NOT Sparky.
          You have fun too. I know you need a break from all the studying.

Conversion was one of the Sparkiest to me also. Sometimes I think Sparky just took on a life of its own no matter what the writers attempted. LOL
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

So that means I can't tell you about my trip. Heh.
            Err... darn... didn't think of that.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Thanks. I think we have plans to go see a show there, so maybe I can get pics.
              Yay!

Conversion was one of the Sparkiest to me also. Sometimes I think Sparky just took on a life of its own no matter what the writers attempted. LOL
              Heheheh, silly writers.

And now, this week's College Football Round-up! A mostly better week than last week as Georgia beat Tennessee 35-32, Virginia Tech beat Western Michigan 35-17, USC beat Oregon State 35-10, UTSA lost to Florida Atlantic 41-37, Navy lost to Western Kentucky 36-27, and Air Force beat Boise State 28-14. The Marines of Atlantis will be dreading today's morning PT run.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*pops in*

I reread my AU Sparky story based on "Persuasion" that I started, like, an eon ago, and decided to give it a proper once over. So I should start posting it soon.

Have a good night, everyone! *zzz*

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                  *pops in*

I reread my AU Sparky story based on "Persuasion" that I started, like, an eon ago, and decided to give it a proper once over. So I should start posting it soon.

Have a good night, everyone! *zzz*
                  Sounds good, we'll all be looking forward to it!

Hope you had a good night's sleep!

Comment

Challenge #46 was 7in7.
                    Negative space, b&w, embrace, light, close up, reflection, funny

Jaded Wraith

Taris-eirien

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Challenge #47

Since I only had 2 entries, and I know RiG and Raduzhok needed more time to work on their entries, I am going to extend the 7in7.

This week, we're going to do 7in7. That means 7 icons, each one of them being different. Now, don't panic! If you really and truly do not like icons, then pick 2 or 3 and use them to make sigs or artwork.

Here are the 7 options:

1. negative space [the focus is on the unused space in your art]
                    2. black and white
                    3. embrace
                    4. light
                    5. close up
                    6. reflection
                    7. funny

If you are doing icons, you have to make 7 icons, one for each option. And please put all 7 icons onto one background and then just send that one pic to me. all 7 in one is a set. you can make as many sets as you want.

If you are not doing icons, then pick one option for each artwork [any size] you do.

Also, please label each sig/icon so we can see which option you used.

Hope this isn't too confusing! Let me know if there are any questions or concerns.

Entries are due to me by noon your time Monday October 6th.

Sizes for icons are normally 100x100, GW size can be 120x120, and I have also made them 150x150. You can even go to 200x200.
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh, wow. I haven't been on this site in years. I actually recognize some of your usernames here, though I haven't the faintest idea what I used to say here. I'm kind of afraid to go looking for my old posts.

It randomly occurred to me to check if Stargate's fandom was still alive. I stopped being interested after Universe aired, and I had no idea if anything relating to the old shows happened after that.

So, is Sparky still a thing? Are people still writing fics? It's been ages since I've watched either SG-1 or Atlantis, so I don't even know what I can talk about anymore, lol.
                      rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen in Violet View Post
                        Oh, wow. I haven't been on this site in years. I actually recognize some of your usernames here, though I haven't the faintest idea what I used to say here. I'm kind of afraid to go looking for my old posts.

It randomly occurred to me to check if Stargate's fandom was still alive. I stopped being interested after Universe aired, and I had no idea if anything relating to the old shows happened after that.

So, is Sparky still a thing? Are people still writing fics? It's been ages since I've watched either SG-1 or Atlantis, so I don't even know what I can talk about anymore, lol.
                        Welcome back, Vixen in Violet!

People are still writing Sparky fics. At the moment everybody's fuse seems to have gone AWOL but we're trying.

Several people here have gotten together to writing a virtual season called SGA Rising. I think there's a link to it at the bottom of SR's posts. If you feel like back tracking on the thread you can check out some short fics by SW and myself among many others.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen in Violet View Post

Hi, there! Nice to meet you! We've managed to stay on page one of the SGA Relationship page, so I guess we're more alive than some others. A lot of us are here more in spirit than in reality due to reality, but there's still some fics. I usually see a lot of Sparky on Tumblr too. We love talking about the good ol' days and reminiscing about the original seasons. 1-3, I mean.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post

People are still writing Sparky fics. At the moment everybody's fuse seems to have gone AWOL but we're trying.

Several people here have gotten together to writing a virtual season called SGA Rising. I think there's a link to it at the bottom of SR's posts. If you feel like back tracking on the thread you can check out some short fics by SW and myself among many others.
                          Thanks for the shoutout, mandogater! How you doing?

Comment

I think I posted bits of this before, but since it's been a while and the first half is done, I'm just gonna go ahead and start posting chapters.

So. Without further adieu. Here is Chapter One of "Persuasion".

Spoiler:
                            CHAPTER ONE

About an hour outside of New York City, there is a small town by the name of Kellynch, a town so small that you would never know that you had been there until you had already left. Most of the houses were quaint two-story colonial structures with picket fences and perfect paint jobs. The streets were lined with evenly spaced oak trees and manicured streets.

It looked more like a model town than an actual neighborhood.

On one of those streets stood a white, two-story house with a realtor’s for rent sign in the front yard. As a woman finished pounding it into the grass, another one looked on from her upstairs bedroom window.

Elizabeth Weir sighed and turned away.

When word had reached her that moving was imminent, she had buried herself in packing her belongings and clearing out her room. The large bedroom that she had kept ever since her birth seemed more like a studio apartment, but when she found it necessary to escape the antics of her father and her sister, it was a welcome haven for her.

Her father had been foolish with the family's money ever since his wife had passed away, investing it in almost every scheme possible. Even the loyal advice of Diana Russell, a constant family friend, did not have any influence on him, and Elizabeth watched as the balance in the bank accounts finally ran to a point that they were hopelessly bankrupt.

And her sister still had the nerve to insist that Elizabeth should've been more frugal.

Elizabeth scoffed to herself in frustration as she pulled the suitcases out from the closet. With Walter Weir having declared bankruptcy, they had no choice but to give up their house and find a smaller place to live. Even though it meant leaving the house that had been her home since her birth, Elizabeth was completely content with the notion.

Her father and sister were not.

At dinner the night before, six people had sat around the table and eaten a meal that they hadn't been able to afford for months while Ann complained that the filet mignon wasn't tender enough. It had been a test of her patience, but thankfully Diana chuckled lightly and reminded Ann that nothing lasts forever.

Elizabeth remained silent, as she usually did during family meals, while Patrick Bryan sat next to her father and discussed terms for coming out of this situation in the best way possible. "If you rent out the house for an amount that will allow you to continue making the mortgage while living in a smaller place, you might be able to keep the house."

The town of Kellynch was quiet and peaceful. Everyone knew everybody, and nobody wanted to leave the town.

But it seemed the quiet opinion of most people that they wanted Walter and Ann gone.

Walter had grunted and swallowed his scotch. "Really? You would have other people live in our house while we're forced to a smaller dwelling and live in squander? You know me too well, Patrick, to know that I would never agree to something like that."

"With the amount that rents are going for nowadays, it wouldn't leave you destitute," said Penny Clay, Patrick's widowed daughter, who sat next to her father. "Especially as charming as your home is, you could get renters to pay a good deal on it."

Elizabeth tried her best to repress a sigh. Ever since Penny had lost her husband in a car accident and moved back to her father's house, she seemed set on getting Walter to notice her. Every statement she made was either a direct compliment to him, which he always took with excessive pride, or an indirect praise on something that belonged to him, which only made his head swell.

The fact that she was also a successful realtor only furthered her efforts on trying to praise Walter on his house, a structure that he had put next to nothing into. Emma Weir had put her heart into making the house into a home, a home that became warm and comforting to all who had entered.

Yet years after her death, her father was still taking the credit for it.

Elizabeth was infuriated. But no one would dare say a word against him; it wasn't polite manners, especially in front of company.

So Walter tilted his head to the side and brought up another subject: where to go.

Elizabeth wanted to speak up, voice her opinion for staying in the little town. But Ann wouldn't hear of it.

"If we can't stay in our house, what's the point of staying in Kellynch?" she asked with disdain as she swirled her wine glass. "Let's find someplace in the city. It's so exciting! So much to do, so many people to see."

"All things that require an extraordinary amount of money. Of which you currently are lacking." Diana went back to eating her salad, and Elizabeth marveled at her for a moment. Even though she had just delivered a biting reminder of their sad financial state, her voice carried across the room like honey. Nobody huffed and puffed in shock, or tried to call her down.

Rather, everybody nodded lightly and continued the discussion.

"A cottage in the Hamptons might be more appropriate. At this time of year, you would probably be able to get a good deal on one."

Ann's eyes lit up in something akin to genuine excitement. "Oh, that would be perfect!"

It still costs money, Elizabeth grumbled to herself while she forced herself to swallow her food. Even if we get a renter to pay top dollar for the house, it doesn't mean we'll be living in luxury.

"And Penny, you absolutely must come and stay with us!"

Oh great. Another mouth to feed.

"What about Elizabeth?"

Her ears perked up when she heard Patrick say her name. Thinking and hoping that her opinion might actually be heard, she opened her mouth to reply.

Unfortunately, Ann was too fast.

As usual.

"Oh, Lizzie won't be coming with us."

Well, that was a newsflash.

"I just had a call from Mary this morning. She's sick again and asked if Elizabeth would come and stay with her for a few weeks."

Oh God.

"And nobody would want Elizabeth in the Hamptons anyway. She doesn't know anyone there."

Not true.

Diana cleared her throat. "I will be there in a few weeks. Perhaps Elizabeth could join me then."

Judging from the silence around the table, no one seemed to care.

Elizabeth didn't expect any different.

After the emotional turmoil at dinner, she decided to start packing in the morning. After a strong cup of coffee, she found herself in her room, packing long-term items in one set of bags and short-term in another. She had called Mary's husband, Charlie, who was a much friendlier, down to earth person than his wife. Elizabeth still wondered how they had ever gotten together.

It might have had something to do with the fact that Charlie went after Elizabeth first, but when she displayed no interest, he turned his attention to Mary, who did reciprocate.

He probably had no idea what he was getting himself into.

Mary was a hypochondriac. And that was putting it mildly. She once had persuaded her father to take her to the hospital for a hangnail, insistent that she might catch some infection through it.

So when Ann had said that Mary was sick, that probably translated to "I coughed this morning".

Elizabeth was not at all excited by the prospect. But the rest of the family looked forward to her visit. Charlie said so over the phone, and she could almost hear him smiling.

Charlie and Mary had settled in the next town over, about fifteen minutes away, a serene place called Uppercross. His parents owned a large house and tract of land, part of which they had given to the newlyweds as a present to start their life together. Mary was not fond of living so close to the Musgroves, especially when Charlie's two younger sisters were always running around and "bragging about their accomplishments".

Which they had every right to. They had done an amazing job of excelling in school and getting accepted to five different universities before they finally both decided to go to Columbia. It was closer to home but gave them the chance to explore city life.

Their mother bragged more than they did. Lorena Musgrove was always beaming with pride about Henrietta and Louisa.

What was she thinking when she named them that? Elizabeth remarked silently with a smile.

Henrietta was a tomboy and opted to go by Harri. Louisa was definitely the lady, but preferred Isa to her given name. Even though an age gap of ten years separated them from Elizabeth, when she had texted them that morning to tell them of her impending arrival in Uppercross, the response was a mixture of smiley face emoticons and gushing words of excitement about seeing their favorite brother's sister-in-law.

Elizabeth typed back that she was the only sister-in-law that Charlie had, then chuckled and deleted the message before she sent it.

About halfway through her packing, she realized that her toiletries bag was missing. Biting her lip, she began going through a mental checklist of where it could be until she remembered that littler items frequently got pushed under her bed.

Lowering herself to the floor, she lay flat and reached as far under the full size bed as she could, hands groping blindly until she finally felt the plastic handle of the small tote.

Elizabeth pulled it out and sat up, beginning to unzip it and empty it of whatever it had been used to store.

Then she saw them.

A stack of letters, still in their envelopes and wrapped with a green ribbon, were laying in the bag, a layer of dust atop them. Some were from her, letters that had been written and sealed and sent, but forwarded back when they couldn't find their destination.

Most of them were from him.

Her eyes closed involuntarily as the rush of long-suppressed emotions came to her as a deluge. It had been years since she had seen these, since she had let herself remember the pure joy and contentment that she had lived in for five months until it had been cruelly shattered and any hopes she had were decimated.

Eyes flashed open again, and she fingered the flap of one of the envelopes. The contents had been memorized for years, and yet every time that she reread them, it brought back some of her youth.

Even though it pained her afterwards.

Elizabeth flipped through them until the found the most worn letter, the one that she held closest to her heart.

Knowing she would hate herself after for putting her heart through this, she pulled the letter out.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post

Thanks for the welcome back! Wow, Rising sounds cool. I'll look into it. It's good to see the ship still sailing after all this time.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                              Hi, there! Nice to meet you! We've managed to stay on page one of the SGA Relationship page, so I guess we're more alive than some others. A lot of us are here more in spirit than in reality due to reality, but there's still some fics. I usually see a lot of Sparky on Tumblr too. We love talking about the good ol' days and reminiscing about the original seasons. 1-3, I mean.

Thanks for the shoutout, mandogater! How you doing?
                              Nice to meet you! I'm definitely going to follow some Sparky on Tumblr. The two blogs I have are strictly focused on their respective fandoms, but it would be nice to see what other people are posting about.

Haha, reminiscing sounds good. And, yeah, seasons 1-3 are the only ones that matter, right? I think I'm definitely due for a re-watch now.
                              rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

SGA fandom lives on through McShep if Livejournal is anything to go by... which became frighteningly clear during the sign-up period for the last ever SGA_santa fic exchange (for which you can still sign up).

But we're still here... so I guess we're still talking.

Comment

Working...
                                X