No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot to put a picture - (from Hide and Seek)

P.S. #1: (at FH) Really? Roumania? Give me a sign if you get near Cluj!

P.S. #2: great real estate talking, guys! I would watch an SGA parody on that theme
    Last edited by zbir; 17 August 2014, 01:33 PM. Reason: dunno how to properly steal & post pics
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zbir View Post
      Hey ya

So good to be here again!
      I came just to share a little moment of joy I had yesterday, while having my SGA fix on Youtube :
      On the "Related" column, among all the sparky vids, I noticed an old favorite called "Big Iron" (a Shep/Kolya vid). I was like "huh? what it's doing in here, since it's not sparky?" and for the first time I noticed that the author is "southernred" (although I've seen the vid lots of times!)
      You can bet that I've got instantly bright eyes / bushy tail and start digging through her vids (I just hope it's our Southern Red !)
      I liked all of them, because all of them told heartfelt stories with some beautiful pieces of music in the background (and god knows how many sparky vids I wasn't able to finish just because i didn't liked the music) but three of them really stood out for me (along with the after-mentioned Big Iron):
      - "Night Owl" - the story was great and cohesive and matched perfectly the song (a song I didn't hear before, but I'm loving it now) - I really loved how that F302 was "waltzing" in the sky!
      - "I Will Dream": that song was really a grower for me, and once I got pass the cheesy lyrics I saw the true sadness of the story; it hit me real hard
      - "Bad Year In Pegasus Galaxy": wow! what a great rhythm! this vid grabs you and not let you go until you see it again and again..

So, for the last two days I played that clips on repeat and can't get enough.
      If these are yours, SR, all my praises for you - those are the work of an artist, not just pictures put together on music
      Wow. *blushes* Yes, that's me. Big Iron is Mr. SR's favorite vid. He tries to tell me it has a double meaning. Heh.

Thank you so much for watching and taking the time to comment. So many times vids are posted and you never know if anyone really watches them. There are so many skilled artists out there. I wish all the old ones were still around. Here's a link to a few more since you liked those so much.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
        Could you imagine Elizabeth using that as a punishment. Wonder how many towers Kavanaugh would of had to tackle by himself.
        The real reason he wanted to go back to Earth obviously.

Yup, Roumania might be on the list again. Some people in the village my hometown is twinned with want to organise a big meet-up, so when that happens me and my sister, and my roumanian sister - who's been living with us since she came to Belgium to get a master's degree some 12 years ago and hasn't returned home since - started talking about going by airplane to Bucarest, rent a car and drive to Ladesti for the festivities and afterwards do a roadtrip.

And I think I've been to Cluj, or near it anyway. *checks google maps* Yup, definitely passed through it on our way to Ladesti.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Cluj? don't you guys have a pretty good soccer team there? I keep thinking they made the group stage of the Champions League not all that long ago.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          More than likely.

Wonder how often John and Rodney got threatened with doing that too.
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

They would have passed it onto their underlings... McKay to Kavanagh, and John to Lorne perhaps?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

They would hire a carpet-ripping team -- or those who misbehave will get send to do carpet-ripping time.
              Could you imagine Elizabeth using that as a punishment. Wonder how many towers Kavanaugh would of had to tackle by himself.
              A fate worse than death! Hope they've got extra allergy medicine for all the dust they're going to be kicking up.

The truth comes out!

More than likely.

They would have passed it onto their underlings... McKay to Kavanagh, and John to Lorne perhaps?
              Hence coming up with new and exciting hijinks to avoid getting hit with the dreaded carpet duty. Far more fearsome than KP.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

They all probably have a small bit lying around, to remind themselves what happens when stuff goes crazy.

Comment

Challenge #41 was all about showing the doctors some love!

Jaded Wraith

Gregory House

copter

McSteamy~ Grey's Anatomy

RodneyisGodney

can I just say I would have been disappointed if RiG had not done Rodney

DellRuby

Libero

slizzie1986

The Lady Blue

everlovin

dragongirl

sigpic

Comment

Challenge #42

This weeks challenge is simple. The subject of your art or fan fic must wear a suit. Whether that is a business suit, bathing suit, space suit, flight suit or wet suit or whatever else you can think of. [please no birthday suits!]

If you want an added challenge, add some song lyrics. Please include the song and artist in your entry.

Entries due to me by noon your time Monday August 25th.
                    sigpic

Comment

But I always thought John actually liked Lorne. Why would he do that to him. He probably saved it for the newbies like they did in Vietnam with burning the poo.

Comment

But I always thought John actually liked Lorne. Why would he do that to him. He probably saved it for the newbies like they did in Vietnam with burning the poo.
                        Mmm... I know, I'm flawed thinking Lorne would be John's Kavanagh -- they never really showed anyone to be that to John. I guess he must have liked every one of the military contingent. That makes it harder... perhaps he too shipped his part off to Kavanagh.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Mmm... I know, I'm flawed thinking Lorne would be John's Kavanagh -- they never really showed anyone to be that to John. I guess he must have liked every one of the military contingent. That makes it harder... perhaps he too shipped his part off to Kavanagh.
                          Everyone shipped their part off to Kavanagh.
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Everyone shipped their part off to Kavanagh.
                            Good point.

Comment

I remember Rodney acting more than once like he wished a Wraith would feed on Kavanaugh so I could see him even volunteering Kav for duties like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Hi you. Came back for the important discussion I see. Heh.

My parents' house has popcorn ceilings. OMG. Don't ever try to paint one of those. Very common in the 70s.
                                Is there anything more important than shag carpet and popcorn ceilings? LOL

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Hey there! Long time, no see!
                                Hi! Nice to be seen.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Oh young one, sadly she is not joking. And we had appliances to match. Or you could choose harvest gold appliances and do up your place with orange or red accents. In our first house on the Marine base, Mr. SR and I had the green shag rug, a green couch, orange/yellow plaid chairs and orange curtains. After you vacuumed the rug, you had to rake it with a special rake to make the fibers all stand up. Good times. I wonder what happened to my rake.
                                My first apartment had the green appliances and some rust shag carpet. You know how they say everything comes back into fashion at some point? I hope I don't live long enough to see this stuff make a comeback!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                                Oh my goodness, it's my con buddy Irish Eyes! I've missed you!!!!!!!!
                                Miss you toooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw the Chicago con was this past weekend and it made me think about you and all my Stargate peeps. I am happy to see this won't be the last con. It would be fun to go to one more.
                                sigpic
                                sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Working...
                                X