Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
    That could work. Although with the insane NCIS:LA-Star Wars: Clone Wars crossover plot bunny that pooped into my head earlier today, I'm not sure I want mine back just yet.
    Oh dear -- you really crossed her, didn't you?

I rarely adopt bunnies, but that has more to do with not writing in many fandoms.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Wonder if McKay could build us a muse detector.
      If he does, we'd better make sure he doesn't inadvertently blow up the solar system.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Just use a lifesigns detector... though like Ford mentioned, telling the dots apart could be difficult. Unless the muses are on a killing spree -- you know, of bunnies.

Mine has been behaving quite well recently. No running away, or disappearing on me without warning. Good thing too since I had a rarewomen fic to write... which features Elizabeth but not in a Sparky-way.

That could work. Although with the insane NCIS:LA-Star Wars: Clone Wars crossover plot bunny that pooped into my head earlier today, I'm not sure I want mine back just yet.
      OMG. Now that sounds like a cracktastic crossover!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I had a weird dream the other night where I was at some Stargate function and I had to sit between Sam and Jennifer. I remember thinking to myself "oh of all the people!"

At least it wasn't a nightmare, I suppose.

Comment

Oh dear -- you really crossed her, didn't you?
          It does seem that way.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          If he does, we'd better make sure he doesn't inadvertently blow up the solar system.

OMG. Now that sounds like a cracktastic crossover!
          Very true. Maybe we can evacuate to the Alpha Site before he tries it?

It depends on how it turns out. Something that happened at work Tuesday reminded me of one I'd found on ff.net a long time ago.
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            I had a weird dream the other night where I was at some Stargate function and I had to sit between Sam and Jennifer. I remember thinking to myself "oh of all the people!"

I dunno, that kinda sounds like a nightmare to me.

Very true. Maybe we can evacuate to the Alpha Site before he tries it?
            You're assuming we'd have enough warning to be able to evacuate.

It depends on how it turns out. Something that happened at work Tuesday reminded me of one I'd found on ff.net a long time ago.
            In a good way, I hope?
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I dunno, that kinda sounds like a nightmare to me.

I need to vent about something else that has annoyed me. I've seen comments about how the deaths (Carson, Elizabeth, Kate) were good because it was "realistic". That always pisses me off, because it's such BS. If we were going for realism, then people on Sheppard's team would have died. But basically it was always people who were in the safest positions possible in all of Atlantis who were killed.

I certainly didn't want John to die (duh), but he keeps on going after how many suicide missions? But somehow killing Kate makes up for that in terms of realism?

I would also go against the argument that's been made by both fans and TPTW that the deaths ramp up the danger for the main team. Puhleeze. There are certain characters that you KNOW will never be killed off in a permanent way by TPTW. Rodney, Sam, Daniel, Jack. John would only die in a season opener/closer if TPTW had dropped Joe's contract. He certainly wasn't going to be killed off in episode 4.

Comment

I need to vent about something else that has annoyed me. I've seen comments about how the deaths (Carson, Elizabeth, Kate) were good because it was "realistic". That always pisses me off, because it's such BS. If we were going for realism, then people on Sheppard's team would have died. But basically it was always people who were in the safest positions possible in all of Atlantis who were killed.

I certainly didn't want John to die (duh), but he keeps on going after how many suicide missions? But somehow killing Kate makes up for that in terms of realism?

I would also go against the argument that's been made by both fans and TPTW that the deaths ramp up the danger for the main team. Puhleeze. There are certain characters that you KNOW will never be killed off in a permanent way by TPTW. Rodney, Sam, Daniel, Jack. John would only die in a season opener/closer if TPTW had dropped Joe's contract. He certainly wasn't going to be killed off in episode 4.
                OMG I HAVE ALWAYS HATED THAT. The "realism" angle really, really is such a lame BS excuse. Hey TPTW, you wanna learn how to REALLY ramp the danger for the main team? Go read A Song of Ice and Fire (or, you know, watch Game of Thrones). NO ONE IS SAFE. I fully expect at least 3/4 of the main characters will be dead by the end of the final book. And that's probably a lowball estimate.

Comment

I've seen comments about how the deaths (Carson, Elizabeth, Kate) were good because it was "realistic". That always pisses me off, because it's such BS.
                  Yes, because death by exploding tumor is so realistic. And dying in your sleep - also very realistic. Okay, Elizabeth's explosive moment could be realistic, and technically speaking she didn't die. Atlantis was attacked, and after when they went to Assuras they did get caught, or at least Elizabeth got caught.

If we were going for realism, then people on Sheppard's team would have died.
                  Ten times over, and then some. They wouldn't have lasted an episode.

But basically it was always people who were in the safest positions possible in all of Atlantis who were killed.
                  They call them red shirts, or disposable characters that nobody cares about (but me).

Mmm.... whatever lame excuse works for TPTW.

I would also go against the argument that's been made by both fans and TPTW that the deaths ramp up the danger for the main team. Puhleeze.
                  No, it doesn't.

There are certain characters that you KNOW will never be killed off in a permanent way by TPTW. Rodney, Sam, Daniel, Jack.
                  Not until hell freezes over and pigs fly.

John would only die in a season opener/closer if TPTW had dropped Joe's contract. He certainly wasn't going to be killed off in episode 4.
                  Now that would have killed the show probably in season 1.

And also... It's Heightmeyer.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Heh, don't think that'll work so well, they'll probably just run off and join mine and mandogater's, wherever they're hiding. But thanks for the offer.
                    For their own safety, if any muses are sighted, throw them in the brig immediately and post a robot to guard them.

Sparky isn't dead -- I still see new fic being posted too.
                    Yep! I actually just started working on one again, so hopefully soon I'll have another chapter to post!

That could work. Although with the insane NCIS:LA-Star Wars: Clone Wars crossover plot bunny that popped into my head earlier today, I'm not sure I want mine back just yet.
                    What, Callen meets Obi-Wan and gets a lightsaber? I don't know how to put this but
                    Spoiler:
                    what have you been smokin'?

And as regards all the other posts, my brain's not working yet so I'll have to get back to you on that.

Comment

At least you weren't stuck next to a hair flipper.

You have to consider the source with these comments. Plus, claiming that you want to show "realism" while writing a SciFi show is just a knee slapper. If I wanted realism, I'd watch…um…ah…one of those Housewives of shows.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        You have to consider the source with these comments. Plus, claiming that you want to show "realism" while writing a SciFi show is just a knee slapper. If I wanted realism, I'd watch…um…ah…one of those Housewives of shows.
                        Yes. People, you're writing sci-fi. Having a character die from an exploding tumor, or evil nanites, or dying in a nightmare is as realistic as actually finding a secret base under Cheyenne Mountain having Ed McMahon show up at my door.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                          Yes. People, you're writing sci-fi. Having a character die from an exploding tumor, or evil nanites, or dying in a nightmare is as realistic as actually finding a secret base under Cheyenne Mountain having Ed McMahon show up at my door.

Comment

Didn't Ed McMahon pass away? I apologize to the entire McMahon family if I'm wrong. Either way, it's highly unlikely.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

You're assuming we'd have enough warning to be able to evacuate.

In a good way, I hope?
                              True.

Depends on your point of view. I get the feeling the story was writen by a kid so it was a bit out there.

What, Callen meets Obi-Wan and gets a lightsaber? I don't know how to put this but
                              Spoiler:
                              what have you been smokin'?
                              Nope.

Spoiler:
                              In the fic I read a mysterious guy in a warehouse activates machine that hurls team into Star Wars universe.

The building in front of the one I work at appears to have been rented but no one has told me by who. I keep seeing signs of activity but have yet to see anyone and people keep coming to me when trying to drop stuff off for them.
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

True.

Depends on your point of view. I get the feeling the story was writen by a kid so it was a bit out there.
                                That'll do it.

Nope.

Spoiler:
                                In the fic I read a mysterious guy in a warehouse activates machine that hurls team into Star Wars universe.

The building in front of the one I work at appears to have been rented but no one has told me by who. I keep seeing signs of activity but have yet to see anyone and people keep coming to me when trying to drop stuff off for them.
                                Hmm, that does sound mysterious!

Comment

Working...
                                X