Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    What, you don't like Teyla being used as the plotdevice? Or that spectacular end scene they left hanging so I wrote a fic about it (Teyla/Lorne).

What, you don't like Keller suddenly being a kick-ass stickfighter?

What, you don't like Daniel coming to Atlantis or Sheppard's intelligence being mocked?

... *drawing a blank* ... Oh wait...

What, you don't like the McKay and Daniel show?

...*drawing another blank* ... wait...

...Nope, false alarm... really can't remember what happened in this episode...

What, you don't like Woolsey?

...*drawing another blank* ... this one's a real blank...

What, you don't like Kolya returning as an AI so John can torture himself some more? Or that Woolsey's being chatted up by an Australian scientist played by Anna Galvin who then goes on to distract me when I'm counting time? *happy sigh*

What, you don't like special guest stars whom no one outside the UK or the US has ever heard of? Or the freeze ray? Or Keller dying Titanic-style?

...*another blank*

What, you don't like that TPTW missed the ball entirely and show that Keller was stone-switched from the very beginning, instead of keeping the suspense when she stabs Zelenka as that other girl? Completely revealing the plot in act 1?

What, you don't like... oh wait, you do like.

What, you don't like Amelia standing next to Ronon at the railing at the end?
    The answer to every question is NO.

And the plothole of doom was Teyla's Wraith detection ability suddenly being gone to serve the plot.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I think that happens in Broken Ties. I know I remember it from an earlier postathon. In the Prodigal she walks the halls with the doll baby, hiding from Michael plus some other stuff.
    The baby/loaf of salami was so fake.

Then download it illegaly... no money wasted, just space on your 'puter. You don't like, you just delete it again.
    Or read the transcript. That's completely free. Or read the episode thread. Or if you have no intention of ever seeing these episodes, stop asking the questions about them.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      And the plothole of doom was Teyla's Wraith detection ability suddenly being gone to serve the plot.
      Ah yes, now that you mention it...

Or read the transcript. That's completely free. Or read the episode thread. Or if you have no intention of ever seeing these episodes, stop asking the questions about them.
      So many possibilities...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Probably will wind up reading the transcripts.
        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          You and me both. The lack of motivation to write is making me very, very frustrated.
          Would it help if we gave you some ideas of what we would like to read?

I have some ideas of my own.

Spoiler:
          I always see Zelenka going to Woolsey and asking him permission to allow Elizabeth to help him translating something in some lab, in my mind the lab would be either the lab from “Box of Dreams” or then Janus’ secret lab. I am sure that Janus, being the kind of scientist and person that he was, I am sure there will be lots and lots more to find on that lab.

I also see Zelenka, and probably Major Lorne, telling Elizabeth, in a way without realizing, about the events that happened while she was “away”.

I also see Rodney and Jeannie not being able to help Elizabeth with the nanites’ issue. And I see them having to ask Todd to help them. I would like to see John having to go to Todd and ask him for his help on that matter.

Now some funny scenes, that I would love to read.

Elizabeth asking about Sue to John, asking him who Sue is, Elizabeth would hear someone mentioning Sue, maybe Rodney or then Major Lorne, and she will get curious to know who Sue is. Then, they would tell her, for her to ask about Sue to John.

Another funny scene would be:

There is an unscheduled offworld activation, Woolsey walks from his office to near Chuck or Amelia, and asks them who can that be. Then we would see Elizabeth, John and John’s team emerging from the Stargate, . Woolsey would come down the stairs and would ask them what happened. All of them would look at Elizabeth, Then a few moments later we would see them seated at the conference room and we would see Elizabeth saying “I am sorry, but I just couldn’t ….something (I leave it for the person who would write the story ) I would love to see a few scenes in which John and Elizabeth’s roles would be reversed.

And if you will need of some more ideas, I don’t know, I might be able to get them.

Thank you for reading.

I like to think that when John was sitting in his plane waiting for his suicide mission that he was talking (in his mind) to Elizabeth.
          In my mind, my Sparky mind, John is in peace, after he volunteered himself to go on that suicide mission on EatG. He was going to save Earth; he was going to save his friends, and I am sure that, in his mind, he knew that he would be meeting with Elizabeth once again.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          Here.

Spoiler:
          Elizabeth Weir only had one class period of tests left to grade from her economics class when her desk phone rang.

Her gaze didn’t leave the pile as she answered. “Elizabeth Weir,” she greeted out of habit.

“Hi, this is Moira Nelson, the nurse at Lakewood Elementary?”

Elizabeth’s eyebrow raised and she dropped the marker. “Yes?”

“I have your daughter, Emma, in the clinic. She’s running a fever of 101 and needs to go home. Are you in a position to come get her?”

She glanced at the clock. It was 11:15 in the morning, and between her planning period and her lunch break, she wasn’t due back until 12:30. But Emma had a temperature; she needed to be at home in bed.

And of course, it had to be a Friday. The worst day to try and get a sub.

“Let me call my office and ask. Can you call my husband too and let him know?”

“Of course. Do you know how long until one of you can be here?”

“If my work lets me off, I can be there in fifteen minutes.”

“Okay, well, if you can come get her, just give us a call back.” Moira gave the clinic extension, assured Elizabeth that they would call her husband, and then got off the phone.

Then Elizabeth dialed the front office.

------------

Half an hour later, Lydia promised that they would have a sub to cover her afternoon classes, and Elizabeth arrived to pick up Emma from her school.

She didn’t notice the black Charger in the parking lot.

She signed into the visitor’s log, not noticing the signature above hers, and made her way to the clinic. The sight that greeted her was not what she expected.

It was still a good one, though.

John Sheppard was holding their daughter in his arms, her head leaning against his shoulder while her lips were slightly parted as she breathed. His hazel eyes met hers and he smiled. “Hey.”

Elizabeth smiled back and pulled her bag a little higher on her shoulder. “Hey. I didn’t know if the clinic got ahold of you or not.”

“I wasn’t sure if you were gonna be able to come.”

“What about your job this afternoon?”

John shrugged as best he could while cradling their eight year old daughter. “I can record the presentation and send it to them. Besides, she is more important.”

Elizabeth smiled, grateful to have such a loving husband and caring father for their daughter.

“Let’s get her home and tucked in.”

----------------

John stood at the door to Emma’s room as Elizabeth finished settling her in and turning out the light. As she stood and walked towards him, John opened his arms and pulled her in. “You’re a good mom, you know that?”

“Eeh.” She accepted his arms and pulled them tighter around her as she pressed her back against his chest. Emma had finally drifted off to sleep a few minutes ago and she looked so peaceful sleeping in her bed that you would never know she got brought home from school with the flu.

“You are.” John pressed a kiss to her cheek. “I think Emma was making you a certificate to that effect.”

“Oh really?” Elizabeth asked with a chuckle, turning around to face him and placing her hands around his neck.

“Yeah. Even had a gift certificate for you.” John began walking them backwards away from Emma’s door and Elizabeth reached behind her to close the door.

“What was it for?”

John frowned. “I’m not su--”

Elizabeth’s lips on his cut him off, and he closed his eyes and kissed her back, just in time for her to pull back.

Her green eyes smiled at him. “You are an amazing person, a wonderful father, and the only man I would ever want for a husband.”

He smirked. “Love you too,” he replied, and kissed her again.
          Loved it! *melts*

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
          http://s77.photobucket.com/user/Nolamom/media/Shippiness/atl_101_0797manip.jpg.html
          Don’t ask me why, but looking at this pic, it reminds me of
          Spoiler:
          the epilogue, really the last part of Primum Movens – part II.
          sigpic
          sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
            Would it help if we gave you some ideas of what we would like to read?
            The problem isn't a lack of ideas. I have plenty of ideas, all neatly outlined so I know where the story is going and how it's going to get there. The problem is turning that outline into a full-fledged fic. The words just do not want to come.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I doubt GW would fall apart if the Lemming wasn't running around its halls.I'm but a blip on a very big radar.
              Just like the rest of us, but I'd miss you anyway.

Okay, okay. So I wimped out of another post-a-thon.

Sorry guys.
              It's Season 5. We don't blame you.
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                Just like the rest of us, but I'd miss you anyway.
                Aw...

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                  It's Season 5. We don't blame you.

Season 5 doesn't piss me off as much as Season 4 did, but it did piss me off. But then there was a bunch of it that just bored me.

Comment

Well, I know I'm that one weird guy who hangs out here with this opinion but I still more or less liked season 5. (And four)

Although, my relationship with the last 2 seasons was very complicated and partially predicated on a sense hopefulness things would improve that I realize now was probably unwarranted, but still am glad I had. If that makes sense.

Still, I think it's important to try to recognize the good things in the show, even if they are mixed in with not so good things. And SGA isn't the only thing I make the effort to apply this to.

Those seasons had an expanded role for Todd and for the Stargate PTB, he's honestly what I consider some of their best work. Plus Woolsey was a great improvement on Sam for head of the expedition, both for the character and for the show. Plus Joe Flanigan did a lot of great angst acting for John. And personally I found a lot of themes enjoyably explored in many of the episodes on that list. ALso some of the space battles were cool.

Most of them anyway... a couple were generally just ugh....

Oh and hi guys.I guess I'm back It's been a long time since I posted in this thread.
                    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Good to see you again, Infinite-Possibilities!

And Nolamom, I absolutely adore your sig! I may need a drink with Gibbs in his basement after tonight.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        The problem isn't a lack of ideas. I have plenty of ideas, all neatly outlined so I know where the story is going and how it's going to get there. The problem is turning that outline into a full-fledged fic. The words just do not want to come.
                        I'm going to tell you what the 10th grade English honors teacher told the students to do if they were getting writer's block while they were working on their daily journal entries: start writing the alphabet and your signature. But seriously, I know that's frustrating.

*sends the fic bunnies carrot cake*

Aw...
                        We do miss you... even if we only say so when you show up again. How's life?

Comment

*sends my bunnies German Chocolate cake*
                          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

We do miss you... even if we only say so when you show up again. How's life?
                            I'm back in school, studying IT (classes include C# programming, computersystems, Word & Excell, HTML & CSS, and databases next semester). At the moment working my way through MS Excell, which my muse and the procrastination imp make to be quite a challenge. I have my WWII fic opened -- they made me do it.
                            Still unemployed though...

Comment

Season 5 doesn't piss me off as much as Season 4 did, but it did piss me off. But then there was a bunch of it that just bored me.
                              Same here. S5 is the only one that has eps I have little memory of. And I watched all of them more than once....well...except Brainstorm. *shudders*

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                              Well, I know I'm that one weird guy who hangs out here with this opinion but I still more or less liked season 5. (And four)

Although, my relationship with the last 2 seasons was very complicated and partially predicated on a sense hopefulness things would improve that I realize now was probably unwarranted, but still am glad I had. If that makes sense.

Still, I think it's important to try to recognize the good things in the show, even if they are mixed in with not so good things. And SGA isn't the only thing I make the effort to apply this to.

Those seasons had an expanded role for Todd and for the Stargate PTB, he's honestly what I consider some of their best work. Plus Woolsey was a great improvement on Sam for head of the expedition, both for the character and for the show. Plus Joe Flanigan did a lot of great angst acting for John. And personally I found a lot of themes enjoyably explored in many of the episodes on that list. ALso some of the space battles were cool.

Oh and hi guys.I guess I'm back It's been a long time since I posted in this thread.
                              I can agree with most of that, especially the parts about Todd and Woolsey. What I didn't like was the lack of originality. Except for a few eps like DV and the mid-season 2 parter even though the McKay/Jackson show got on my nerves and the way they made fun of John really really pissed me off most of them were just bland and boring. And Joe did some of his best acting, except for a few times when he seemed to be mentally surfing a big wave in Malibu. I'll confess that after I saw that Sheyla was not going to happen, I relaxed a bit and enjoyed it more than S4. But even that couldn't get me excited about some of it.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday! *high-fives Nolamom*

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post

Welcome back! I've been wondering where you were!

Definitely makes sense. I've said more than once that Seasons 4-5 had a lot of potential, but that it ended up mostly unfulfilled. In my case, my disgust with Seasons 4-5 stems from that lack of fulfillment and closure and the hopes I'd felt that there was a greater plan that would eventually be revealed...except there wasn't one. So I know where you're coming from.

I'm going to tell you what the 10th grade English honors teacher told the students to do if they were getting writer's block while they were working on their daily journal entries: start writing the alphabet and your signature. But seriously, I know that's frustrating.

*sends the fic bunnies carrot cake*
                                Yeah, I'm basically writing anything and everything in the hopes something will spark a creative burst. I'm able to squeeze out bits and pieces of fic, but it's slow going.

I'm back in school, studying IT (classes include C# programming, computersystems, Word & Excell, HTML & CSS, and databases next semester). At the moment working my way through MS Excell, which my muse and the procrastination imp make to be quite a challenge. I have my WWII fic opened -- they made me do it.
                                Still unemployed though...
                                Darn, not happy to hear about the job situation, but good on keeping busy with school and learning new things.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X