Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The head cold from Hades has still not gone away. And none of the symptom relieving medicine is working anymore. Think I'm heading to the doctor after work today.

    Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I think that happens in Broken Ties. I know I remember it from an earlier postathon. In the Prodigal she walks the halls with the doll baby, hiding from Michael plus some other stuff.
    I can't remember the episode where Teyla hands off Torren to Woolsey, but I remember "The Prodigal" for the RC racing scene with John and Rodney. I kinda blocked out everything else.

    Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    You should see for yourself. Perhaps you like it, but most of us didn't. I was a proud member of the Anti-Season 5 thread for good reasons. *raises stinky sock* (*)

    Perhaps in those days, GW would have been better off not having me around to deal with.

    (*) stinky sock reference known only to insiders
    I had a hiatus in between the season 4 premiere and the middle of season 5, which I think was due to lack of cable and internet, but I could be wrong. I liked it because at the time, I was mourning Sparky, not fully aware that this thread existed, and I desperately needed another ship to sail. I picked McKeller because it was available.

    I digress. But I get the feeling with a lot of S5 episodes that they were pulling ideas out of the "we abandoned this idea years ago because it was stupid but since we're already cancelled it can't hurt to write a whole episode about it" hat. Although I need to go back and watch "Inquisition". I don't remember watching it in the first place but I remember a cute picture of John in the jail cell with a slight puppy dog expression.

    ETA: Here it is!!!

    Last edited by ShipperWriter; 23 September 2013, 07:02 AM. Reason: Found it!

    Comment


      Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
      Why waste the money?
      If you're gonna download any of the episodes, download "Vegas". Totally worth it.

      Comment


        Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
        If you're gonna download any of the episodes, download "Vegas". Totally worth it.
        Of course we get to see him in major whump mode right?
        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

        Comment


          Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
          Of course we get to see him in major whump mode right?
          Oh yeah. A lot of running, a lot of guns firing, and I mean, they lead you to believe that
          Spoiler:
          he dies at the end, so major whumpage is implied,
          but it's just a great AU story done in universe.

          Comment


            Was that the last good episode?
            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

            Comment


              Just because ...



              Anyhow, off to lunch. At 10 fricking o'clock in the morning. I hate school lunch times...

              *lurks*

              Comment


                Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                Was that the last good episode?
                The one after it is the finale. So yeah.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                  The one after it is the finale. So yeah.
                  Argh! So what happens after the finale? Does the rewatch start up again?
                  sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                  https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                    Why waste the money?
                    Then download it illegaly... no money wasted, just space on your 'puter. You don't like, you just delete it again.

                    Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                    If you're gonna download any of the episodes, download "Vegas". Totally worth it.
                    I only like the music of that episode.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                      Was that the last good episode?
                      If you're a Sheppard fan, it is very enjoyable. I only watched it because someone here has a pic from that episode on their sig and I was like, Sheppard looks specially yummy, I must watch this.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                        Argh! So what happens after the finale? Does the rewatch start up again?
                        I dunno. If we do another rewatch, I don't know if everyone would want to go all the way through again. Maybe we start a poll of the 5 or 10 Sparkiest episodes and rewatch those? Just an option.

                        Or take a break. Since some people might enjoy having their Sunday mornings/afternoons/evenings back.

                        Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Then download it illegaly... no money wasted, just space on your 'puter. You don't like, you just delete it again.

                        I only like the music of that episode.
                        No Teyla and no Kate. Understandable.

                        Originally posted by Luz View Post
                        If you're a Sheppard fan, it is very enjoyable. I only watched it because someone here has a pic from that episode on their sig and I was like, Sheppard looks specially yummy, I must watch this.
                        I think we all agree with that sentiment.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                          No Teyla and no Kate. Understandable.
                          Sad to say those are not even the primary reasons I don't like that episode. And no Kate is applicable to the entire 5th season.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                          Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                          Comment


                            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

                            Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                            The head cold from Hades has still not gone away. And none of the symptom relieving medicine is working anymore. Think I'm heading to the doctor after work today.
                            Oh dear, that sounds bad. Going to the doctor is a good idea. *sends more tissues and hot tea*

                            Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                            I had a hiatus in between the season 4 premiere and the middle of season 5, which I think was due to lack of cable and internet, but I could be wrong. I liked it because at the time, I was mourning Sparky, not fully aware that this thread existed, and I desperately needed another ship to sail. I picked McKeller because it was available.

                            I digress. But I get the feeling with a lot of S5 episodes that they were pulling ideas out of the "we abandoned this idea years ago because it was stupid but since we're already cancelled it can't hurt to write a whole episode about it" hat. Although I need to go back and watch "Inquisition". I don't remember watching it in the first place but I remember a cute picture of John in the jail cell with a slight puppy dog expression.

                            ETA: Here it is!!!

                            http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...isition_07.jpg
                            Yeah, it's always fun to see John locked up.

                            Originally posted by Luz View Post
                            If you're a Sheppard fan, it is very enjoyable. I only watched it because someone here has a pic from that episode on their sig and I was like, Sheppard looks specially yummy, I must watch this.
                            Vegas is the one truly shining moment in S5.

                            Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                            I dunno. If we do another rewatch, I don't know if everyone would want to go all the way through again. Maybe we start a poll of the 5 or 10 Sparkiest episodes and rewatch those? Just an option.

                            Or take a break. Since some people might enjoy having their Sunday mornings/afternoons/evenings back.
                            Heh! Yeah, I think I'd like to have a bit of a break once we're done. The remaining episodes will take us through December, so we've got time to figure out what we'd like to do next.
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Oh dear, that sounds bad. Going to the doctor is a good idea. *sends more tissues and hot tea*
                              Yeah, thank God for no cost medical insurance.

                              Yeah, it's always fun to see John locked up.
                              True dat.

                              Vegas is the one truly shining moment in S5.

                              Heh! Yeah, I think I'd like to have a bit of a break once we're done. The remaining episodes will take us through December, so we've got time to figure out what we'd like to do next.
                              That's true. The marathon has consumed a good portion of time over the last couple of years. Plus, it'll give us more time to work on fic.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                                That's true. The marathon has consumed a good portion of time over the last couple of years. Plus, it'll give us more time to work on fic.
                                Working on fic is always a good thing!
                                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X