No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr. SR explained Hands of Blue for me. Oh yeah, now I remember.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Does it make me a bad Firefly fan if I can't remember what blue hands have to do with it? I swear I've seen every episode at least 4 times.
      They are the dudes with the surgical blue gloves, who are after River. They kill by aneurysm.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
        I always felt like even though I saw chemistry b/w Elizabeth and John pretty much from the beginning that it didn't get flirty and more *there* til after Intruder...but that could be me seeing more into things and just wanting Simon to be the cheating jerk while she stayed true to him. *shrug*
        ITA with all of this, especially the part about the flirting. S1 was just so busy and intense, we didn't get a lot of personal moments even though we saw John following her around like a little puppy and being loyal to her right from the start. But with that coffee scene in Intruder, everything changed and he blatantly flirted with her. That was when a lot of us thought, hey wait a minute, maybe the writers have changed their minds. But alas, not.
        I defiantly agree with this, the interaction between them defiantly changed in that scene in ‘Intruder’, I would say that there had been some very light flirting or friendship flirting as you can call it when you do acknowledge that you’re friends and that you could be more but you’re not there yet, and I do think that while John probably didn’t know about Simon I bet he suspected something and then maybe he understood after they had been to earth that something had changed, but we never do find out how much John knows but he if anyone would at least have figured something out. Or maybe it was just in the way she more openly flirted back now.

The real question is why do the breakup in the first place if not to free Elizabeth up to be with John. Writerfail! Drink!
        I never understood that one; it could have been really easy for TPTB to keep Simon in the background as an excuse to say that Sparky would never happen. The only thing that I can think of as a reason is that they wanted Elizabeth to be alone, but that’s just sad
        sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

So, in the theme weekend count, I'm... Zoe's Comrade and I designed Serenity. SWEET!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
          Saw the full trailer for the next Star Trek movie. Looked a bit stuuupid, as does the new Superman. Sure hope I'm wrong. However, in terms of Star Trek proper, ST XI was stupid too, but still an enjoyable movie, so what do i know right?
          Honestly, I'm not all that impressed by either of them as well. And don't even get me started on the ugly of the new Superman suit. *gags*

******************************** yeah!!!! River's roommate AND I designed Serenity! This is the only theme wknd I have wanted to be a part of!!! River = drool! thunk! whatever the expression here is! Serenity designer - hmmm, okay it was a worn out piece of crap, but it got the job done - this ship was as well be called ****** (my real name) as that description is apt for me too

*happy dance*

You're on the hard drugs again, aren't you?
          *laughs even harder*

ITA with all of this, especially the part about the flirting. S1 was just so busy and intense, we didn't get a lot of personal moments even though we saw John following her around like a little puppy and being loyal to her right from the start. But with that coffee scene in Intruder, everything changed and he blatantly flirted with her. That was when a lot of us thought, hey wait a minute, maybe the writers have changed their minds. But alas, not.
          I know, right? Intruder was one of those classic moments where the (in retrospect, inadvertent, at least from TPTW's perspective) "show, don't tell" approach works so beautifully. Ugh, why did TPTW have to be so stubborn and turn their backs on something so awesome? *shakes head*

Plus too, don't forget that he was all the way back in DC and she was in Colorado, and due to the secrecy, she wouldn't have been able to tell him over the phone. I was always confused by the bit in Intruder when she drove her little red car to see him at their former house. It was not clear where this was. I think we were meant to assume she flew to the East Coast, but had she left her car in the airport parking lot all that time? That must have been a heck of a charge. Plothole! Everybody drink.

The real question is why do the breakup in the first place if not to free Elizabeth up to be with John. Writerfail! Drink!
          An SGA drinking game could be deadly. Fun.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

So, in the theme weekend count, I'm... Zoe's Comrade and I designed Serenity. SWEET!

Honestly, I'm not all that impressed by either of them as well. And don't even get me started on the ugly of the new Superman suit. *gags*
            I meant to say something earlier, but I think there's something not right about the fact that I remember 5 actors who played Superman, just in my lifetime. Enough already. I adore Dean Cain for a number of reasons and loved the way Chris Reeve played him, but the last few do nothing for me.
            sigpic

Comment

I meant to say something earlier, but I think there's something not right about the fact that I remember 5 actors who played Superman, just in my lifetime. Enough already. I adore Dean Cain for a number of reasons and loved the way Chris Reeve played him, but the last few do nothing for me.
              let's see. Christopher Reeve, Dean Cain, Tom Welling, Brandon Routh and now Henry Cavill. Yep that's five. yet there have been many other actors who have portrayed Ole Supey through Animated. Tim Daly is one of them.

Comment

sigpic
                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                  let's see. Christopher Reeve, Dean Cain, Tom Welling, Brandon Routh and now Henry Cavill. Yep that's five. yet there have been many other actors who have portrayed Ole Supey through Animated. Tim Daly is one of them.
                  Oh, wait I missed one. Don't forget George Reeves. And yes, I am that old. I think I forgot that Routh guy. I don't even remember seeing that movie.
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh, wait I missed one. Don't forget George Reeves. And yes, I am that old. I think I forgot that Routh guy. I don't even remember seeing that movie.
                    Brandon Routh was handsome, he had a great body, great hair. But he was so bland, zero charisma and the movie was unremarkable. I have higher hopes for Henry Cavill because after seeing him in The Tudors at least we know he can act, he is far less wooden than BR. And he's so beautiful, gah.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                      And to show how out of the loop I am...I only knew about Dean Cain (LOVE!) and Christopher Reeve....wasn't even aware there were other Supermen....
                      My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                      sigpic

Comment

And to show how out of the loop I am...I only knew about Dean Cain (LOVE!) and Christopher Reeve....wasn't even aware there were other Supermen....
                        Well, that makes me feel a lot better.
                        sigpic

Comment

I don’t know about the new superman movie, I haven’t heard much about it but I like Zack Snyder’s work because it’s very visual and very dark so I hope that it’s good. I can’t way for the new Star Trek movie though, only 13 days to go until that one comes out.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                            I just saw that they showed ‘The Pegasus Project’ on TV and it’s a good episode. I know that there’s no Teyla and Ronon in the episode and very little John so it did make me wonder if they did an episode of SGA around the same time but McKay have a big part in ‘TPP’ so I dunno, they could have filmed something or they had some time off then, either way it was good to see that Liz was in it quite a bit and she does work well with Daniel and seem to have a handle on how to handle Vala as well.
                            I believe Elizabeth is able to handle anyone.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                            Edit - my name isn't too interesting but my reputation comment is cool. I think my favorite name is Pearl's - Jayne's hat maker. Now that's just cool.
                            Well, thank you, I guess… I don’t watch Firefly, so I am totally clueless here.

I always felt like even though I saw chemistry b/w Elizabeth and John pretty much from the beginning that it didn't get flirty and more *there* til after Intruder...but that could be me seeing more into things and just wanting Simon to be the cheating jerk while she stayed true to him. *shrug*
                            Although I still believe Elizabeth no longer had any feelings for Simon before she went the first time to Pegasus, I agree with you on this when you say that she only got flirty with John after Intruder. I think that although she might no longer had any feelings for Simon, never the less in her mind she was still in a relationship with him, that’s the reason I believe the flirtation with John only got more “active” after Intruder or as of Intruder.

I think if Elizabeth never had true feelings for simon then she would be one cold individual.
                            I am not saying she never had true feelings for Simon, because I am sure she once did. I am just saying that at the time the expedition first went to Pegasus I believe she no longer had strong feelings for him. She still had a connection to him, but maybe just because they were on a relationship, I am not convinced there were still any strong feelings for him then.

I doubt she would have ever left him had it not been for the the expedition, and even then she still considered them to be 'together' until hearing otherwise.
                            I agree, I also think she would have continued her relationship with Simon if it wouldn’t have been for the expedition. She was connected to him, but I still believe that connection wasn’t strong enough, because if not she wouldn’t have chosen the expedition over him.

So true!!!!

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                            http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/poundpuppy29/Sparky/normal_atl_314_0544.jpg
                            Just look at the way he is looking at her!!!!
                            sigpic
                            sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                              Well, thank you, I guess… I don’t watch Firefly, so I am totally clueless here.
                              Didn't watch Firefly - it's been long since cancelled, which was a darn shame cause it was a very innovating piece of scifi.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Didn't watch Firefly - it's been long since cancelled, which was a darn shame cause it was a very innovating piece of scifi.
                                No, i don't watch Firefly, since it is still being showed here.
                                sigpic
                                sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Working...
                                X