Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    Sparky She-Demon, I love your sig! Nice job, Erin!
    Thanks! To you and the others who liked the sig.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Fly Lucius. Oh gag me.
    LOL! That is truly a cringeworthy scene/line. *shudders* I feel embarrassed for them.
    sigpic
    Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Thanks again for the sig. Also, Erin, can you do story covers for things on fanfiction?
      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Sorry if this seems a bit forward, but any comments on my new sig? I went with simplicity on my first piece of graphic art, and I would love to know what you guys think of it.
        sigpic
        Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
        View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

The composition is good, and the color palette is fine. You might try cutting out Lizzie and superimposing her over the sky rather than the sky fading out into a totally separate picture. I like how you've arranged the text.
          This is what I'm talking about - obviously I just used a couple of quick pics at random, and nowhere near as good as the ones you've chosen, but just to get the idea...
          Last edited by Nolamom; 12 November 2012, 03:18 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
            Sorry if this seems a bit forward, but any comments on my new sig? I went with simplicity on my first piece of graphic art, and I would love to know what you guys think of it.
            Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
            The composition is good, and the color palette is fine. You might try cutting out Lizzie and superimposing her over the sky rather than the sky fading out into a totally separate picture. I like how you've arranged the text.
            This is what I'm talking about - obviously I just used a couple of quick pics at random, and nowhere near as good as the ones you've chosen, but just to get the idea...
            http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...om/example.jpg
            I agree with Nolamom. But I like the simplicity! Sometimes I try and do a simple sig and then it becomes one of the most in-depth projects I've ever done.

Which program did you use to make it? I use GIMP, and it's free to download, but it has a tool where you can smart-cut a person from one pic and insert them into another.

Now I'm wishing I had my laptop with me.
            Last edited by ShipperWriter; 12 November 2012, 10:11 AM. Reason: Couldn't see the IMG over work internet ... deleted IMG tags

Comment

I love the simplicity of it. Simple is the only way I do art. I also agree with Nolamom. I think a lot of us who aren't experts at it get intimidated by the really good artists and are afraid to try things. Good for you for being willing to learn.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Ummm... is there an extra zero in there? I think it's 129,000. Congrats to this thread, anyway!
                Haha, oh wow, didn’t notice that but you’re right, it should be 129,000, I guess I was still on the roll after the post-a-thon and got it all wrong.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                I may have to let Ronon do that in a fic sometime. I can't stand Lucius.
                I don’t think Ronon would mind that at all

Lovely sig, I like the images but also the text, it’s very fitting on many occasions in Elizabeth’s life.

Everyone also have had some really good ideas of things to try out but all and all it’s about trying and testing and learning as you go and that’s the fun of it.
                sigpic

Comment

Well, I have a mountain of laundry to do tonight, so GIMP and I are gonna get reacquainted. We'll see what lovely Sparky graphics I can come up with.

*reminds self to download trial version of Adobe Photoshop Elements 11*

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

I think it's very good, I like the use of the shot of Atlantis at sunset; it's always been one of my favorites. I too agree with Nolamom about compositing Elizabeth over the sky for a cleaner transition between the images, and I'd also suggest using the same font for all the text rather than two different fonts; two fonts makes it look too fussy.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Well, I have a mountain of laundry to do tonight, so GIMP and I are gonna get reacquainted. We'll see what lovely Sparky graphics I can come up with.

I use Photoshop Elements and love it. Unfortunately, my computer is older and totally full to the brim so I can't use the latest version. Somehow mustering up the energy to move pics to Mr. SR's machine and do my artsy stuff in there is just too much of an effort. Maybe someday.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I’m looking forward to see what you come up with.

I use Photoshop Elements and love it. Unfortunately, my computer is older and totally full to the brim so I can't use the latest version. Somehow mustering up the energy to move pics to Mr. SR's machine and do my artsy stuff in there is just too much of an effort. Maybe someday.
                        I use Photoshop Elements as well and I love it too, I still have version 8 but I’m going to try and upgrade it at some point.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I loved the trial version that I downloaded earlier this year, but I can't afford to buy the actual one. So I just figure I'll download the trial and enjoy it for 30 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                            Thanks again for the sig. Also, Erin, can you do story covers for things on fanfiction?
                            I suppose I could. Send me a PM with details/dimensions.

It looks lovely, though I do also agree with Nolamom's suggestion. That's one of my favorite pics of Liz and I love the quote you chose.
                            sigpic
                            Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Hey Pearl, another GW-tip... when quoting images you should take out the IMG-tags unless you're deliberately reposting an image to add something or just because it's pretty (which was, is and will be done many times over in these parts of the woods).
                              Thanks for the GW-tip, they are always very much appreciated.

Pearl, I'm worried about John in SGA Rising.
                              Spoiler:
                              I am also very much worried about him, but i am sure he will be fine, all in all, what has happened to him now, the betrayal and so on, will for sure help him somehow, i want to think that it will. And lets hope we are worrying about him for no reason....

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              Hello everybody. Bunch of new people. *Waves hi to new people*
                              I am not sure if i am still considered a new people but anyway ... *waves back hi to JT-2*

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Ren is really one of the best Stargate AU series out there. It'll be well worth your time to read it when you get a chance.
                              And now you are making want to read it.

Then I shall stop annoying them. Annoyed writers tend to string things out longer!
                              Yes, please, don't annoy the writers, i want to be able to read the next episode as soon as possible!

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                              I’m really looking forward to tonight’s post-a-thon, ‘Irresistible’ is a strange episode sure but I can’t help but to love all the moments when John looks all jealous when Elizabeth pays more attention to Lucius then she does him (I know it’s not likely how it’s supposed to be but it’s what it comes across as).
                              I know what you mean.
                              sigpic
                              sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

And Rodney quietly admits it was Carter's idea. AHAHAHAHAHAH!
                                I was so surprised by it, i never thought Rodney would admit it, LOL!

John's reaction to Lucius flirting with Teyla in this episode shows that he's so in love with her *sarcasm*
                                Couldn't agree more, LOL!

John talks to Lucius like he's about 8 years old. LOL He's about at the end of his rope. The hair question did it, I think.
                                OMG. Lucius just mocked The Hair. KISS OF DEATH!!!!!
                                I just love the hair part, LOL!

Oh how I wish John had been here for this scene when Lucius came on to Lizzeh.
                                Yeah, me too!

And when Lucius says Lizzeh will be labeled a coward, John has steam coming out of his ears. And in spite of all that she defends him. Even being drugged can't change how she feels.
                                Ahhh, even under the influence of that crap, Lizzeh's still defending John. *sighs*
                                Yeah, i have noticed that too.

"Where's Elizabeth?"
                                "She's out making me something to eat"
                                "WHAT?"
                                John's face, he's so mad right now.
                                He sure is!

Originally posted by Aang View Post
                                "Buck up, Carson!"

...Best line in the whole episode, just sayin'...
                                I love this scene! LOL!

LMAO at Carson weeping.
                                Yeah, it is so hilarious, LOL!

Now they've dumped Lucius back to his planet, and love Ronon's line about what he would do to him, kinda make me wish that he would have done it.
                                Same here, LOL!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                                Thanks Pearl. Better days are here already. I have a job finally and a niece or nephew do in a few months that I'll get to spoil rotten. So things are looking up.
                                Good things will attract other good things, so.

Oh that sounds great! Will Erin do it? I want to see them!

Love your sig!!!! I wish i could be as good as you, nicely done!
                                sigpic
                                sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Working...
                                X