Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brie View Post
    Maybe one can just follow up on what Ronon wanted to do:
    “In which case I said I would track him down, hang him by his feet, and cut off his ...”

That’s really cool, I’ve been there a few time myself.
    Very tempting. I do know if Lucius shows up in any story I write someone will go all choppy choppy slicey slicey on him.

He is a total riot. I'm glad I finally got to meet him in person. I've only talked to him on the phone before this week.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Your Irresistible post-a-thon was quite hilarious!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Joe almost fell down the stairs. Heh. He sure has good balance to catch himself like that.

I love Ronon here, just hugging his bag of herbs.

We got the pot herb!

Originally posted by Aang View Post
      "Buck up, Carson!"

...Best line in the whole episode, just sayin'...
      Absolutely!!

And now we get one of the best lines. "Lingering desires. Secret longings for his touch." Love it. And from what Carson said it sounds like John has been teasing them for some time. Though I noticed he didn't stop looking at Lizzeh.
      OMG he stares at her the entire scene.

That episode is awful but there's some cute Sparky:
      1. John getting jealous, them fighting, but Elizabeth still defending John.
      2. John's "WHAT?!?" when Lucius tells him Liz is making him a sandwich.
      3. The end scene.

Comment

Sorry to be a douche, but I haven't read (much of) anything since my last post, but I had to comment on this one....

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...sellthelie.gif

We got the pot herb!
        I'm guessing that same line was voiced in the writers room six months prior

OMG he stares at her the entire scene.

That episode is awful but there's some cute Sparky:
        1. John getting jealous, them fighting, but Elizabeth still defending John.
        2. John's "WHAT?!?" when Lucius tells him Liz is making him a sandwich.
        3. The end scene.
        I like that he calls her Liz. Don't get me wrong, I don't like that it's coming from that waste of airtime, but it surprised me that nobody had called her that, or tried to, by that point in the show.

The "WHAT??" was awesome. 50 Shades of OOC for Elizabeth, 0 Shades for John

And heh heh, PTW. Of all the characters, you picked Dr Weir to be the one that actually stayed truest to her base form. She remained infatuated, but she still defended John. I suppose one could argue that any of the others may have done the same thing, but that was the one they chose to focus on. Hrmmm

And since the ickiness of this ep was bought up

Spoiler:

Sheppard: When you say....held you against the wall, in what direction were you facing? Coz you do seem to have become rather enamoured with Lucius rather quickly
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
          Sorry to be a douche, but I haven't read (much of) anything since my last post, but I had to comment on this one....

I like that he calls her Liz. Don't get me wrong, I don't like that it's coming from that waste of airtime, but it surprised me that nobody had called her that, or tried to, by that point in the show.

The "WHAT??" was awesome. 50 Shades of OOC for Elizabeth, 0 Shades for John

And heh heh, PTW. Of all the characters, you picked Dr Weir to be the one that actually stayed truest to her base form. She remained infatuated, but she still defended John. I suppose one could argue that any of the others may have done the same thing, but that was the one they chose to focus on. Hrmmm
          LOL. I'm gonna need to rewatch certain parts of this episode. Seems I've forgotten a few moments.

And since the ickiness of this ep was bought up

Spoiler:

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...istible428.jpg

Sheppard: When you say....held you against the wall, in what direction were you facing? Coz you do seem to have become rather enamoured with Lucius rather quickly
          The school Internet has blocked Photobucket. Which picture do you have up???

And ai yi yi. That sentiment just seems appropriate anytime gateraid posts.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post

LOL. I'm gonna need to rewatch certain parts of this episode. Seems I've forgotten a few moments.

The school Internet has blocked Photobucket. Which picture do you have up???

And ai yi yi. That sentiment just seems appropriate anytime gateraid posts.
            It was just a generic one of John talking to Rodney.

And since this topic has come up, I have a few thoughts. I don't know how I missed this before, but this is huge. Everyone else was just over the moon gaga over Lucius, but Elizabeth still managed to not turn against John. In the scene when she and Lucius and Radek were talking about going to the planet with the herb and John walked up all mad, she didn't snap at him or call him down but tried to reason with him. She even smiled and called him by his first name even after he had gone all formal on her and angrily called her "Dr. Weir" while drumming his fingers on the console. Then when Lucius spoke out against him she looked puzzled and completely ignored Lucius for a few seconds while watching John and trying to explain to Lucius that he was a good man. So, what does this tell us? Why only that no amount of brainwashing could change her mind about John, and just like when she was under the control of the nanites, he was the only unchanging constant in her world.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Damn, my first attempt didn't go through... did I forget to hit the "submit reply" button or something? Bah.

We try.

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n635/mathgirl1248/Animated%20gifs/just-say-no-by-sellthelie.gif

We got the pot herb!
              BWAHAHAHAH!

Wouldn't surprise me one darn bit.

And since this topic has come up, I have a few thoughts. I don't know how I missed this before, but this is huge. Everyone else was just over the moon gaga over Lucius, but Elizabeth still managed to not turn against John. In the scene when she and Lucius and Radek were talking about going to the planet with the herb and John walked up all mad, she didn't snap at him or call him down but tried to reason with him. She even smiled and called him by his first name even after he had gone all formal on her and angrily called her "Dr. Weir" while drumming his fingers on the console. Then when Lucius spoke out against him she looked puzzled and completely ignored Lucius for a few seconds while watching John and trying to explain to Lucius that he was a good man. So, what does this tell us? Why only that no amount of brainwashing could change her mind about John, and just like when she was under the control of the nanites, he was the only unchanging constant in her world.
              *snorts* And how many times did TPTW try to tell us "nothing here to see, move along" when it came to a pairing between Elizabeth and John? Well, actions speak louder than words, guys, and the proof is in the pudding!

Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Hah!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It was just a generic one of John talking to Rodney.
                *nods* Thanks.

Lovely sentiment. It's spot on.

*why is SW typing with a British accent???*

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Damn, my first attempt didn't go through... did I forget to hit the "submit reply" button or something? Bah.
                *snorts* GW just didn't have its espresso this morning.

*snorts* And how many times did TPTW try to tell us "nothing here to see, move along" when it came to a pairing between Elizabeth and John? Well, actions speak louder than words, guys, and the proof is in the pudding!

Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Hah!
                To paraphrase from Star Wars:

TPTW: This is not the ship you're looking for. Move along.

Fans: & 's acting disagree.

TPTW:

Comment

Present! Unfinished!fic! Continuation of the last piece I posted. Takes place roughly ... during Season 7. (This is the fic that a while back I called "fanfic for SGA-R")

Appropriate smilie for story, and for today:

Spoiler:
                  Elizabeth paced nervously, arms crossed, in the small office that locked from the outside. She had tried sitting in one of the two chairs facing the doctor's desk, but after the first fifteen minutes the tension found its way to her legs and forced her up.

That had been twenty-five minutes ago.

She got the distinct impression that they weren't all that willing to proclaim her healthy and send her on her way. And she didn't blame them; if she had been in their shoes, she would have been hesitant to keep and try to help a person whose body had been teeming with nanites.

But the roles had been reversed and she was the one fighting for her life. Elizabeth had a new understanding, as well as the reluctant knowledge that she couldn't go back to the way things were.

She had known that fact since the moment she awoke on that planet in the Pegasus Galaxy and found Evan Lorne's astonished yet comforting eyes on her - as well as the business end of a few P-90s.

Her thoughts began to drift to six months back. The hateful conversation that followed in quarantine, when John saw her again, it had come from the logical, responsible side of her soul that smothered the feelings she could scarcely give voice to. She winced at the memory of how easily the smile slipped off his face when she replied in a low voice that she wished John had never known she was still alive. He had been through his own share of hell, she got the feeling. He was hardened. Optimism was nearly impossible to find in his hazel eyes - at least, it was during the two seconds after that cruel statement when she let herself meet his gaze.

The next meeting had been slightly more civil.

She didn't even notice the red light from the security camera in the corner shut off before the door slid open and admitted John. He took a glance at it, then turned back and crossed his arms. A dark glare crossed his face, and Elizabeth felt like a criminal, sitting on one side of the interrogation table before the detective started the questioning.

Except there was no questioning. There were no words.

Instead, he took a seat on the floor against the wall and pulled a handheld device out of his pocket. It reminded her of the old GameBoy that he used to have, but it had a wider screen, which John was now staring intently at.

She frowned. She waited a moment before asking the question to see if he would say something, but he never did.

"John?"

He never responded. His fingers began tapping away at the buttons, and he gently bit his lip in concentration.

She raised an eyebrow. Was this a new form of torture or something?

So she sat back on the bed and stared at the wall across the room.

--------

"Why?"

His sudden question jolted her out of her stare and she looked over at him. He still sat against the wall, playing his game, but his shoulders weren't as stiff as they had been when he walked in.

"What?"

"Why did you wish I'd never found out you were still alive?"

Elizabeth sighed and threw her feet over the side of the flimsy bed. "You know why, John."

John sighed slowly. "Because you know me."

"And as long as there was a chance, even a remote possibility, that I was still alive, you wouldn't give up on me." It was the first time that she had said it aloud, but not silently. She had said it to herself so often that it felt like it was said verbally, but as the words left her mouth for the first time, she felt timid, shy even.

John nodded. "So you took it upon yourself to make me give up."

"John, when you met the group of Replicators, when ... 'I' told you that I was dead, I was the one who told Keller to do it. She went along with it, out of respect for me." She stood from the bed, but didn't make any movement towards him. "Because the truth was, as hard as Oberoth fought to completely assimilate me, there was still something I had that none of them could ever manufacture."

Finally, there was movement from him. He raised his head to look at her. With raised eyebrows in a long absent humorous fashion, he asked, "The eyebrow of doom?"

She tilted her head in a chiding manner, trying her best not to laugh, but ultimately failed.

For the first time in a long time, Elizabeth Weir laughed.

She raised an eyebrow in silent inquiry if she could come closer, and John replied with a smile.

Her back pressed against the wall, then she slid down and took a position similar to his. She drew her knees up to her chin and wrapped her slender arms around her legs.

That's it for now, kids! I'll be back when I have more!!!
                  Last edited by ShipperWriter; 14 November 2012, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Very nice to read ShipperWriter!
                    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                      Present! Unfinished!fic! Continuation of the last piece I posted. Takes place roughly ... during Season 7. (This is the fic that a while back I called "fanfic for SGA-R")

Appropriate smilie for story, and for today:

Spoiler:
                      Elizabeth paced nervously, arms crossed, in the small office that locked from the outside. She had tried sitting in one of the two chairs facing the doctor's desk, but after the first fifteen minutes the tension found its way to her legs and forced her up.

That had been twenty-five minutes ago.

She got the distinct impression that they weren't all that willing to proclaim her healthy and send her on her way. And she didn't blame them; if she had been in their shoes, she would have been hesitant to keep and try to help a person whose body had been teeming with nanites.

But the roles had been reversed and she was the one fighting for her life. Elizabeth had a new understanding, as well as the reluctant knowledge that she couldn't go back to the way things were.

She had known that fact since the moment she awoke on that planet in the Pegasus Galaxy and found Evan Lorne's astonished yet comforting eyes on her - as well as the business end of a few P-90s.

Her thoughts began to drift to six months back. The hateful conversation that followed in quarantine, when John saw her again, it had come from the logical, responsible side of her soul that smothered the feelings she could scarcely give voice to. She winced at the memory of how easily the smile slipped off his face when she replied in a low voice that she wished John had never known she was still alive. He had been through his own share of hell, she got the feeling. He was hardened. Optimism was nearly impossible to find in his hazel eyes - at least, it was during the two seconds after that cruel statement when she let herself meet his gaze.

The next meeting had been slightly more civil.

She didn't even notice the red light from the security camera in the corner shut off before the door slid open and admitted John. He took a glance at it, then turned back and crossed his arms. A dark glare crossed his face, and Elizabeth felt like a criminal, sitting on one side of the interrogation table before the detective started the questioning.

Except there was no questioning. There were no words.

Instead, he took a seat on the floor against the wall and pulled a handheld device out of his pocket. It reminded her of the old GameBoy that he used to have, but it had a wider screen, which John was now staring intently at.

She frowned. She waited a moment before asking the question to see if he would say something, but he never did.

"John?"

He never responded. His fingers began tapping away at the buttons, and he gently bit his lip in concentration.

She raised an eyebrow. Was this a new form of torture or something?

So she sat back on the bed and stared at the wall across the room.

--------

"Why?"

His sudden question jolted her out of her stare and she looked over at him. He still sat against the wall, playing his game, but his shoulders weren't as stiff as they had been when he walked in.

"What?"

"Why did you wish I'd never found out you were still alive?"

Elizabeth sighed and threw her feet over the side of the flimsy bed. "You know why, John."

John sighed slowly. "Because you know me."

"And as long as there was a chance, even a remote possibility, that I was still alive, you wouldn't give up on me." It was the first time that she had said it aloud, but not silently. She had said it to herself so often that it felt like it was said verbally, but as the words left her mouth for the first time, she felt timid, shy even.

John nodded. "So you took it upon yourself to make me give up."

"John, when you met the group of Replicators, when ... 'I' told you that I was dead, I was the one who told Keller to do it. She went along with it, out of respect for me." She stood from the bed, but didn't make any movement towards him. "Because the truth was, as hard as Oberoth fought to completely assimilate me, there was still something I had that none of them could ever manufacture."

Finally, there was movement from him. He raised his head to look at her. With raised eyebrows in a long absent humorous fashion, he asked, "The eyebrow of doom?"

She tilted her head in a chiding manner, trying her best not to laugh, but ultimately failed.

For the first time in a long time, Elizabeth Weir laughed.

She raised an eyebrow in silent inquiry if she could come closer, and John replied with a smile.

Her back pressed against the wall, then she slid down and took a position similar to his. She drew her knees up to her chin and wrapped her slender arms around her legs.

That's it for now, kids! I'll be back when I have more!!!
                      Awww, that was just...awwww. We know John didn't really give up. And the chemistry, they still got it. Even in fanfic for fanfic.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Awww, that was just...awwww. We know John didn't really give up. And the chemistry, they still got it. Even in fanfic for fanfic.
                        Was there ever *any* doubt about the chemistry!
                        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by MentallyUnstableFox View Post
                          1) in Irresistible, when Lucius is doing his little "hellooo, Doctor Weir" in front of the mirror while messing with his hair, I sort of got the distinct impression that he was trying to replicate..a certain flyboy's hairdo, perhaps? For talking to Liz? Just....sayin'...
                          Haha, didn’t think about that but he defiantly could have been and it wouldn’t surprise me either.

I didn’t think about that either but now that you mention it I really agree, the two of them are a constant presence in each other lives, John in Elizabeth for the reasons you mentioned but Elizabeth is also one in his life, one example is in ‘The Hive’ when he arrives back to Atlantis at the end and how his face just light up when he sees her run down the stairs, it’s as if when he sees her he knows that he’s home. I also believe that in ‘Home’ when he said “Good, it wouldn’t be the same without you” he really meant it. I was also always fascinated by the she always knew when something wasn’t right with him and the way she could get him to open up by just looking into his eyes, for example I’m talking about everything that had to do with Sumner’s death like at the end of ‘Rising’ when he was pretty devastated and she knew exactly what to say (about how they had made new friends) and do (give him his own team) to give him back his confidence and show that she trusted him, it’s also obvious in "Letters from Pegasus" in the conference room when she says that maybe he wanted to do the video to Sumner’s family because she knew that he needed it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                            Was there ever *any* doubt about the chemistry!
                            Depends on who you're asking.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Depends on who you're asking.
                              Are there any doubts for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                                Are there any doubts for you?
                                For me personally, yes the chemistry between Joe and Torri is very good. They play well off each other, and it shines through in their characters. But they all had chemistry together with one another, on different levels of interaction.

As far as Sparky chemistry goes... I accept Sparky to be canon.
                                There's an undeniable something hanging between Weir and Sheppard which is there from the start. However, the sexual tension displayed in the first episode between John and Teyla also doesn't go unnoticed by yours truly. But as Jack Sparrow tells Will Turner in PotC I -> "You know that moment." - "That was it."

So, it all depends on who you're asking... ...or where you're asking it. The answer in this thread will definitely lean towards no doubt, somewhere else however that might not be the case.

On a sidenote - the chemistry between John and Kate in Michael is sizzling hot...
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X