Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brie View Post
    Hello everyone!

I'm looking forward to tonights post-a-thon.

Great fics, I loved and enjoyed them both becuase they were very different from one another but fit them well.

Spoiler:
    The part when John says “the loyal barbarian, Ronon;” reminds me of Rodney’s little “Conan” line from ‘Epiphany’ and fits well with another character Jason have portrayed
    Thanks Brie and everybody else that liked my ficlets!!

Spoiler:
    The Conan and Xena line in Epiphany was exactly would made me write it that way. And Jason's movie.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

S-minus 2 hours until the Misbegotten post-a-thon!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      It's gonna take something stronger than beer to get me through this football season.
      *pulls out a bottle of whiskey and hands it over* And there's plenty more where that came from. I think we may both need it.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I’ve always loved Elizabeth’s way of being a leader who doesn’t want to stand out against the rest of the people, I mean yeah she was always the leader and made all those decision but she never pretended to stand above the rest of them. I mean her office alone reveals that, how simple she kept it compared to Carter and Woolsey she didn’t have it overly decorative and she just had a simple desk and a few simple chairs and the few personal belongings on the desk but that was it and I always felt that she kept it like that to make her people more comfortable to enter it and to make sure that they felt comfortable to speak with her about anything really, but also that she made sure to keep it like that so that it didn't appear as if she had more things than the rest of them, I dunno how to really explain it, it was more of a feeling I got than anything else.
        Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
        Yeah, I know what you mean! I always loved the way Elizabeth had her office decorated, she was definitely a much simple person than Sam or Woolsey (i never liked the way Sam and Woolsey decorated the office, too many things, too many things to remind other people they were superior to them), and Elizabeth always treated others as equal although she was the leader of the expedition. I also liked the fact she would ask for the opinions of others before making her final decisions.
        Couldn't agree more. I've never really thought about this before, but I guess that you can tell a lot about the type of person Elizabeth is just by looking at her desk. The fact that it was free of clutter showed that she was very organized and took her job seriously. However, the few mementos that she kept on her desk expressed how even though she was a leader, she was also a normal human being like the rest of the members in the expedition. Like everyone else, she left something behind when she stepped through the gate for the first time, and she kept some personal belongings with her to remind her of what she had left behind on Earth. And that's why I think that she was able to communicate with others so easily. People weren't intimidated by her, because she wasn't the type of the leader to stand on a high pedestal for everyone else to be cowed by. She treated everyone else as an equal and valued everyone's voice when making major decisions.
        sigpic
        Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
        View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

S-minus 55 minutes to Misbegotten!

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
          Couldn't agree more. I've never really thought about this before, but I guess that you can tell a lot about the type of person Elizabeth is just by looking at her desk. The fact that it was free of clutter showed that she was very organized and took her job seriously. However, the few mementos that she kept on her desk expressed how even though she was a leader, she was also a normal human being like the rest of the members in the expedition. Like everyone else, she left something behind when she stepped through the gate for the first time, and she kept some personal belongings with her to remind her of what she had left behind on Earth. And that's why I think that she was able to communicate with others so easily. People weren't intimidated by her, because she wasn't the type of the leader to stand on a high pedestal for everyone else to be cowed by. She treated everyone else as an equal and valued everyone's voice when making major decisions.
          I think that's a great observation. Elizabeth isn't a fussy person, she she doesn't think of herself as being superior to others and she's not given to surrounding herself with the trappings of power.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

‘Misbegotten’ is an episode where you’ll get to see much of how Elizabeth is as a leader so it seems fitting that its episode that we’ll watch today.
            sigpic

Comment

S-minus 15 minutes!

‘Misbegotten’ is an episode where you’ll get to see much of how Elizabeth is as a leader so it seems fitting that its episode that we’ll watch today.
              Very fitting indeed.

Comment

S-minus 10 minutes!

Comment

S-minus 5 minutes!

Comment

S - minus 5 minutes and counting.

Comment

S-minus 2 minutes! Who's here to party with our Sparky?

Comment

S-minus 1 minute!

Comment

I'm here, I hope, as long as internet allows me to be anyway.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm back from playing around with a giant crossover fic that has taken on a life of its own.

Comment

Everybody hit PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                                I'm back from playing around with a giant crossover fic that has taken on a life of its own.
                                Ah, but that's always when they're the most fun! LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X