Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    Plus Torri probably wouldn't have appreciated coming into the shot bum first

I saw this quote on Scary Kitty's post and read it was "Plus Torri wouldn't have appreciated being shot in the bum first." I thought "What are these guys talking about now? Inserting Elizabeth into Rodeny's scene in Sateda?"
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
      I saw this quote on Scary Kitty's post and read it was "Plus Torri wouldn't have appreciated being shot in the bum first." I thought "What are these guys talking about now? Inserting Elizabeth into Rodeny's scene in Sateda?"
      It's likely she wouldn't have made as big a song and dance about it as Rodney did
      sigpic

Comment

Sometimes I really wonder what these people (upstairs, in the writers room) were thinking:

They throw in a reference to a conversation that the two of them had, in his bedroom, two years ago. A conversation that it's unlikely they would have talked about to anyone else.

Then, he gives her shtick about peaking, followed by her actually peeking, and him giving her a cheeky once-over.

Followed by "yeah, yeah, should be" from her in a way that I can't describe in words because it would probably overstate it, but there is subtext to it. With his words after that, in another show I could see it be followed by head nodding, that fake breathing sound (inhale or exhale, it depends on the user), and someone popping their lips.

If I were writing this (heh, the show would have been cancelled after thirteen eps) the first thing I would have changed is the location. Bedroom scene - this isn't Days Of Our Lives FCOL! Put them in the mess hall. And get rid of that teasing, it makes them sound chummy. And tell them to stop making doe eyes at each other! Who is in charge of continuity - they should be picking up on stuff like that. Do I have to do everything here?

Also, I think there was more dialogue in this scene. The way it is cut together makes it seem, to me at least, that there were extra lines that were cut out. It kinda chops and changes without the appropriate pauses between a subject change that would be present in a normal conversation.
        sigpic

Comment

It's likely she wouldn't have made as big a song and dance about it as Rodney did
          Perhaps not, but I've still spent a fair amount of time today trying to imagine how Torri would pull off McKay's lines in that scene now.
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Perhaps not, but I've still spent a fair amount of time today trying to imagine how Torri would pull off McKay's lines in that scene now.
            Damn you...... and now so am I!!!
            sigpic
            Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

My ass! OMG, that's my ass, isn't it?

I think we need to inspect the damage

That we do, son. But strictly speaking, you shouldn't be here

As Acting Commander of this facility, I respectfully disagree with you

'Sooookay Carsy, I look at hissss asssssss alll....the.....time
              sigpic

Comment

Trust me Carson, it'll work

It's one of the stupidest things I've heard, and I've been friends with Rodney for years, so the bar was set pretty high

I don't see why it wouldn't work. Every other time I've given her a nudge when she's asleep she's woken up and said "not now, go back to sleep"

*sigh* Fine, but try it at your own risk

Wait a minute...when would you have been able to try this before?

<insert sound of crickets>

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh
                sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Soarkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

On my iPad right now because I'm sitting up watching the lunar eclipse over the western US, so I'm not going to even try to mess with quotes on this thing, but gateraid? You're a madman! (In a good way!)

And now, back to eclipse watching. See you all later!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I sometimes wonder whether the 'less is more' style of storytelling on Stargate contributes to things like this. When we can only guess at a character's motivations by what we see on screen rather than what they actually say, then people will reach different conclusions. Especially when some of them are idiots

Especially when they start RPS.
                    It's like that saying "What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you're saying." TPTB were experts at this. So, it's no wonder some fans were confused. Now the ones who only saw subtext I have no explanation for.

Sometimes I really wonder what these people (upstairs, in the writers room) were thinking:

They throw in a reference to a conversation that the two of them had, in his bedroom, two years ago. A conversation that it's unlikely they would have talked about to anyone else.

Then, he gives her shtick about peaking, followed by her actually peeking, and him giving her a cheeky once-over.

Followed by "yeah, yeah, should be" from her in a way that I can't describe in words because it would probably overstate it, but there is subtext to it. With his words after that, in another show I could see it be followed by head nodding, that fake breathing sound (inhale or exhale, it depends on the user), and someone popping their lips.

If I were writing this (heh, the show would have been cancelled after thirteen eps) the first thing I would have changed is the location. Bedroom scene - this isn't Days Of Our Lives FCOL! Put them in the mess hall. And get rid of that teasing, it makes them sound chummy. And tell them to stop making doe eyes at each other! Who is in charge of continuity - they should be picking up on stuff like that. Do I have to do everything here?

Also, I think there was more dialogue in this scene. The way it is cut together makes it seem, to me at least, that there were extra lines that were cut out. It kinda chops and changes without the appropriate pauses between a subject change that would be present in a normal conversation.
                    That is the best analysis of that scene I have ever seen. It makes you wonder why they couldn't see all these things that they insist didn't exist, yet if you listen to commentaries you know they did indeed know what they were doing. Yet they would come right out at cons and deny it. Strangely odd and what a way to shake up a fan base and make all of them hate you. Way to go guys. And look how it turned out. Wow. Someone should write a book on how not to put on a TV show.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Good morning, Soarkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

On my iPad right now because I'm sitting up watching the lunar eclipse over the western US, so I'm not going to even try to mess with quotes on this thing, but gateraid? You're a madman! (In a good way!)

And now, back to eclipse watching. See you all later!
                      *waves* The keyboard configuration on that thing is way frustrating at times. Like the location of the apostrophe. Have you gotten the update? I admit to being fascinated with the split-the-keyboard function. I won't ever use it, but it's fun to play with.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Hooray! Cheers for slaying the glitchy Michael beast! So, when do we get to see it?
                        Since I missed the deadline of my challenge I tweaked it some more. Now that it doesn't need to be more than 2 minutes long, I did some after-finished tweaking - cut some scenes and changed the credits a little.

So, youtube is now uploading so later today... I'll post a link here cause it's not exactly on topic for this thread. *silly grin* Not as if you hadn't guessed that already with all my Doppelganger-talk.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Since I missed the deadline of my challenge I tweaked it some more. Now that it doesn't need to be more than 2 minutes long, I did some after-finished tweaking - cut some scenes and changed the credits a little.

So, youtube is now uploading so later today... I'll post a link here cause it's not exactly on topic for this thread. *silly grin* Not as if you hadn't guessed that already with all my Doppelganger-talk.
                          Can't wait. Besides, this thread veers off topic so much it's like a runaway car driven by a drunk blind person. But it always comes back to Sparky.

Funny sort of on topic observation. Today's Washington Post features an article about some Presidential candidates who are using "sparks" in their ads. See, Sparky is everywhere. And some of them are wildly reminiscent of that scene in GUP. LOL
                          sigpic

Comment

For anyone interested - my vid is uploaded and you can either watch it in the Claire Rankin/Kate Heightmeyer thread here, or go to youtube and watch there.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              For anyone interested - my vid is uploaded and you can either watch it in the Claire Rankin/Kate Heightmeyer thread here, or go to youtube and watch there.
                              Very moving. Great choice of clips. I love the way it builds and builds. Nice job.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Very moving. Great choice of clips. I love the way it builds and builds. Nice job.
                                Thank you.

I storyboarded it first, and then tweaked it as I went.

Comment

Working...
                                X