No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking in. Those of you on Twitter know that my life has gotten a bit stressful lately. I will really try to be around more often. I know I've said that several times now.

If any of you are the praying types, could you please send me and my mom some? Things are going downhill with her and it's sucking all my energy.

I signed up for a Sparktober bingo card, so I'm hoping having a deadline will get me more motivated.

Miss you all like crazy!!!

Comment

Happy Birthday Eri. hope you had a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        You're kidding, right? I think you need to go watch Iron Man 2. Tony and Howard didn't have a very good relationship, either. No, it wasn't to the extreme of John and Patrick, but that's probably only because Howard died so soon.
        I've seen IM 2 but don't remember that side of it. I do remember wishing they would have continued with Pepper as CEO and Tony as President (or did they??), that the 'replacing the heart' scene was OTT, but mostly that it was a silly but fun movie (which, I presume, is how a movie based on a comic book series should turn out).

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Do we know that John didn't speak to his father for all those years? I always thought their final break came after the Afghanistan incident. He tells Nancy that his dad thought marrying her was the best decision he ever made, so that sounds like they were in touch after his marriage. I guess we'll never know for sure.
        Even if they didn't speak to each other for years, the expression itself is open to interpretation. There's a difference between not speaking to someone after an argument and not making the effort to 'make up' vs having an argument and making the conscious decision to cut that person out of your life. I don't recall the specifics of that scene, but if I were to guess, based on John's character, I would go with the former of those two options. Cutting someone out completely is a bit cold (for John), I tend to think that in the back of his mind it would be something he would think that at some point he was going to 'fix', but hadn't gotten around to it.

I don't see John as Captain America and I didn't see him as Mr. Fantastic either. He could be Tony. He's certainly smart enough but I could never see Rodney as that kind of self-assured good with the ladies character. The whole Mr. Fantastic thing was just a way to try to get the audience to picture him with Teyla. It failed miserably IMHO.
        You know my thoughts on the Fantastic Four reference As for Captain America, maybe I'm being a little idealistic, but I think there are 'some' aspects of the character I can picture for John (the flagpole scene for one) and the doing-what's-right, but they're different characters in different situations. I can imagine them taking a lot of the same actions, but they're not the same people. Again, whilst I can see some elements of both Rodney and John in Tony, Stark is too different to both of them. Rodney has Tony's arrogance, but Rodney is only arrogance about his intelligence - for everything else he is incredibly insecure, borderline neurotic even. John has the natural charm and some of the brains (he's smart, but he's no Rodney - there's a difference between coming up with a brilliant plan and being able to implement it). But Tony almost has two personalities - the outwards charm, wit and bravado, vs the inner weakness. Neither John nor Rodney have that issue - what you see is what you get, especially with John.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        I hate you people with the cake. I managed to make it through the grocery store without buying anything bad, but all this talk of cake has me salivating.
        Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Seriously. I'm trying to be a good girl and think about my lunch salad and hummus snack instead. *grips edge of desk with fingernails*
        I'm eating some Paleo biscuits. Kidding, they're only Paleo because I'm eating them in the dark

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Checking in. Those of you on Twitter know that my life has gotten a bit stressful lately. I will really try to be around more often. I know I've said that several times now.

If any of you are the praying types, could you please send me and my mom some? Things are going downhill with her and it's sucking all my energy.

I signed up for a Sparktober bingo card, so I'm hoping having a deadline will get me more motivated.

Not up with the twitter stuff, but my heart goes out to you at the moment (((hugs)))
        sigpic

Comment

Hope all goes well with you and your Mom! It isn't easy watching our parents age.
          sigpic

Comment

We do miss you around here like crazy. I came to this place when I was going through a similar situation, and I think it's what kept me mostly sane. You and your mom are in my prayers every day. Sparkies don't let Sparkies suffer alone.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Absolutely. Prayers your way. *hugs*

WOW! I didn't expect to come and lurk to find all the great birthday wishes--thank you all so MUCH! That was a lovely treat for the morning. And the pics and all the cake--you guys are the best!!
              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

So what's the Sparky theme today?
                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                  So what's the Sparky theme today?
                  SK will be along with the official Wednesday greeting I'm sure. If you're impatient, you can scroll back a few pages.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I can wait. And its Thursday, at least where I am it is.

sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

*hugs you like crazy* We've missed you, but we know that RL has to take priority sometimes, especially for something as serious as this. I will definitely be thinking of you and your family. *hugs some more*

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                      I've seen IM 2 but don't remember that side of it. I do remember wishing they would have continued with Pepper as CEO and Tony as President (or did they??), that the 'replacing the heart' scene was OTT, but mostly that it was a silly but fun movie (which, I presume, is how a movie based on a comic book series should turn out).
                      As of The Avengers, it looks like Pepper is indeed still CEO.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                      You know my thoughts on the Fantastic Four reference As for Captain America, maybe I'm being a little idealistic, but I think there are 'some' aspects of the character I can picture for John (the flagpole scene for one) and the doing-what's-right, but they're different characters in different situations. I can imagine them taking a lot of the same actions, but they're not the same people. Again, whilst I can see some elements of both Rodney and John in Tony, Stark is too different to both of them. Rodney has Tony's arrogance, but Rodney is only arrogance about his intelligence - for everything else he is incredibly insecure, borderline neurotic even. John has the natural charm and some of the brains (he's smart, but he's no Rodney - there's a difference between coming up with a brilliant plan and being able to implement it). But Tony almost has two personalities - the outwards charm, wit and bravado, vs the inner weakness. Neither John nor Rodney have that issue - what you see is what you get, especially with John.
                      Oh, there's definitely an idealistic side to John, but I think there is an inner weakness to him as well. We got a better look at that in the "Vegas" AU; it's just something that hasn't really been pricked in the main universe, is all. I think the point of the whole discussion has been that there really isn't a perfect one-to-one comparison. There are similarities, and some characters are more similar than others, but none of them are going to be exactly alike.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                      Absolutely. Prayers your way. *hugs*

WOW! I didn't expect to come and lurk to find all the great birthday wishes--thank you all so MUCH! That was a lovely treat for the morning. And the pics and all the cake--you guys are the best!!
                      *hugs you* Hey, birthdays are awesome! We Sparkies like to party with our friends!
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

So what usually happens on Fluff Thursday?

Comment

So sorry to hear things aren't going well. *sends hugs*
                          sigpic
                          Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Happy late birthday Eri!

Comment

@JT - lots of hugs and if you feel the need to rave, rant or whatever, my virtual door's always open.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

We miss you to!!! *hugs and clings*

You both will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm sure somebody else here has told you this already but, two ears and two shoulders, no waiting.
                                Last edited by mandogater; 27 September 2012, 04:50 PM.
                                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Working...
                                X