Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I'd say skip the trial and go straight to the execution - a lifelong sentence reading books on how to write women, romance, strong stories, women in charge, leadership (written by Dr. Meredith R. McKay), interaction with the fans, women, relationships (friends and lovers), show bibles and why they make PTB life easier, interaction with your employees i.e. your actors and crew. Parol can only be granted by writing an episode and have it judged by randomly selected fans from every possible side living within the fandom.

They could be incarcerated for a very long time...
    *claps* I would also add being forced to watch every episode all the way through with a group of fans who can point out relationships, pivotal moments and details they seem to have missed.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      *claps* I would also add being forced to watch every episode all the way through with a group of fans who can point out relationships, pivotal moments and details they seem to have missed.
      Yes, a constant looping until they get it.

There's a slight possibility they might loose their minds entirely. I recommend a good psychologist to keep an eye on them.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

There's a slight possibility they might loose their minds entirely. I recommend a good psychologist to keep an eye on them.
        Oh definitely, she has to watch very closely unless they crack. I predict they won't make it through S1.
        sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
          Would conducting a mock trial for them get us modded?
          Probably.

I'd say skip the trial and go straight to the execution - a lifelong sentence reading books on how to write women, romance, strong stories, women in charge, leadership (written by Dr. Meredith R. McKay), interaction with the fans, women, relationships (friends and lovers), show bibles and why they make PTB life easier, interaction with your employees i.e. your actors and crew. Parol can only be granted by writing an episode and have it judged by randomly selected fans from every possible side living within the fandom.

They could be incarcerated for a very long time...
          Now that's a plan!

Oh definitely! It'll be our post-a-thon commentary on crack!

And a lemming there to bite them on the ankles when they start getting whiny.

Oh definitely, she has to watch very closely unless they crack. I predict they won't make it through S1.
          The Storm/The Eye will probably do them in. Heh!

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
          I think Rodney's cluelessness is severely exaggerated by fandom. He is clueless when it comes to his own love life, or lack thereof, (because he secretly believes that his intelligence is his only worthwhile trait, I think), but I think he's pretty sharp and observant when it comes to others, and he would have no trouble picking up on the connection between John and Elizabeth. Especially given the fact that he is close to both of them. I don't see him playing matchmaker, though!

Same goes for Ronon and Teyla. They would al notice, but I don't think any would comment. Well, Rodny would probably tease John mercilessly. I don't believe for a second that any of them would be bothered if John and Eizabeth got together.
          If anything, I think that when John and Elizabeth did get together, the general reaction from everyone else would be, "WTF took you so long?!?"
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by scary kitty View Post
            and a lemming there to bite them on the ankles when they start getting whiny.
            check!! :d

Comment

John did not have sex with Mara. It was made clear both by his reaction and by the news about the missing scene that showed him telling what's his face that he sent her away. I thought we cleared this up years ago.
              Yes, even without the missing scene I wouldn't think he had sex with Mara. His reation was indeed telling. Also,I doubt he was genuinley interested in Norina. It seemed to me he was flirting with her just to get under Rodney's skin. He's competitive like that.

I think John's womanizing ways are just as exaggerated by fandom as Rodney's cluelessness. If anything, I don't think John is a casual sex kind of guy.

Comment

sparkly sparky
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                  Some fun stuff was being shared on Tumblr amidst the madness. One was a gif set with the TLG kiss and everyone's reactions. Hopefully this link works.

KrisRussel and I were saying how Rodney was all "heh" and smiled wistfully. So what do you all think Rodney was thinking? Do you think Rodney would be surprised by John or Elizabeth's feelings?

I think Rodney, although pretty clueless about personal matters, DOES see the connection. After all in Trinity he tells John that Elizabeth will listen to him. There's another episode where Rodney asks John for help with Elizabeth but I can't think of it. Defiant Ones maybe?
                  Originally posted by Raelis View Post
                  I think Rodney's cluelessness is severely exaggerated by fandom. He is clueless when it comes to his own love life, or lack thereof, (because he secretly believes that his intelligence is his only worthwhile trait, I think), but I think he's pretty sharp and observant when it comes to others, and he would have no trouble picking up on the connection between John and Elizabeth. Especially given the fact that he is close to both of them. I don't see him playing matchmaker, though!

Same goes for Ronon and Teyla. They would al notice, but I don't think any would comment. Well, Rodny would probably tease John mercilessly. I don't believe for a second that any of them would be bothered if John and Eizabeth got together.
                  Yes, it was The Defiant One. I think Rodney acted pleasantly surprised there and was confused and puzzled later when Thalen said John cared for Teyla. I don't think at that point he had considered romance for either of the couples, but the possibility of Sparky made him happy. Why wouldn't it?
                  Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  If anything, I think that when John and Elizabeth did get together, the general reaction from everyone else would be, "WTF took you so long?!?"
                  I really enjoyed their reaction to seeing it (no one looked very surprised or distracted by it) but Rodney’s was the best one with the little smile and I can imagine that he mentally shook his head.
                  It would have been fun to have seen Ronan and Teyla in that scene as well; I would especially like to have seen what Ronan’s reaction would have been like since he can be really unpredictable.

Back to Rodney though, I don’t know how he felt about it though but I do think that he always had especially high thoughts of both Elizabeth and John (no matter how many times he got into an argument or disagreement with them) he did care for them a lot and I think that he felt proud and encouraged by the faith they had in him so I can imagine that he wouldn’t have minded them finding happiness together if that is the path they would want to take, heck, I bet he would be the first person to encourage it.

In a way it makes me think of the final scene in ‘Tao of Rodney’ when he jokes about Elizabeth loving him and then bringing up letting John use the ancient devise, I dunno but it felt almost that there was something Rodney was trying to tell Elizabeth among the jokes, or at least that he was trying to figure out a way to see what Elizabeth’s reaction would be when bringing it up, and I know that it was really nothing but it’s just another one of those little moments that could have been more.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                    sparkly sparky
                    Ah, so cute, haha, in a way they make we want to hang them up in my Christmas tree.
                    sigpic

Comment

Needed to relax after 3 hours ripping bramble and tree stumps from the garden so......

sigpic
                      Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                        Needed to relax after 3 hours ripping bramble and tree stumps from the garden so......
                        That sounds familiar except in my case it was an overdose of weed, weed and more weed... and unfortunate ants caught in my weed-relocation fury. I did apologize to all creatures that I inadvertently robbed of their homes.

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/...rtwork/Sp2.jpg
                          You should rip brambles and stumps more often. Hope you remembered the C4.

That sounds familiar except in my case it was an overdose of weed, weed and more weed... and unfortunate ants caught in my weed-relocation fury. I did apologize to all creatures that I inadvertently robbed of their homes.
                          Wait, what? Not gonna touch that line.

I'm having fun watching the cable guy across the street walking around my neighbor's yard wearing his indoor booties that they use to protect your floors. Clueless or just doesn't care? You decide.
                          sigpic

Comment

Is anyone here going to the London Olympics? I'm goin' to the hockey! *Does happy dance*

Comment

I just had to comment on Keller. (Yes, I'm a few pages back. ) Her age didn't bother me much because I was too distracted by the ToD (Triangle of Doom). That has got to be the worst of the worst when it comes to how they wrote relationships. I didn't like her with Ronon and I liked the Rodney thing for about 2 seconds. They drug it out way too long and when it finally ended, I thought she was just plain mean to Ronon.

And honestly? I've only seen season 5 once so I don't even remember how I felt about Keller in the end. She is one of many characters with potential wasted by TPTB.
                              sigpic
                              sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

One of the GateWorld rules;

Stay on topic. If your post is drifting from the thread topic, feel free to start a new thread in the appropriate folder!-Oops... We broke it today... and the day before... and the day before, this could go on for a while. Yeah we'll obey the rules rules... what rules?

Comment

Working...
                                X