No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Brie. My sleeping pill's about to kick in so I can't respond to your whole post, which was filled with great insights. One thing I do want to point out is that you are most definitely not the only one who wanted them to not have contact with Earth so quickly, if at all.

I would bet a good portion of fandom would agree with that one.

There's some great stories out there that explore that subject. Our own Scary Kitty wrote a good one... let me find it.... crap, I need to organize my stories somehow... Atlantis's First Thanksgiving

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Happy Birthday, poundpuppy!!!

Casualties of War was a good book, too. I give it a thumbs up!

I could sell my copy of Mirror, Mirror for $150!? Wow!! That's crazy.

Those are my favorite type of episodes, so yeah.

OMG so very adorable!!!

It seemed to me like they wanted to make Atlantis more like SG-1 in seasons 4 and 5, with the change in producers. I believe Mallozzi made comments about how Elizabeth wasn't really an important character, that she was supposed to be a backup character like Landry. I think the season 4-5 producers really wanted SG-1 back and tried to mould Atlantis into that. What was great about Atlantis in the early seasons was the feeling it was about the whole expedition and the lost city of Atlantis. Why go to Atlantis to then visit medieval village #4341 that looks like BC?
      I was going to go into one of my rants in response to this but I'll just point down to Brie's post and nod.

Originally posted by Brie View Post
      I still can’t believe he said that, as if getting rid of such a great female actor like Torri wasn’t enough, they had to go out and try and diminish the work she did do. And if she was supposed to have been a back-up character they should have hired someone who didn’t have the charisma and charm and acting skills that Torri has who really did light up the screen in every scene she was in, and on top of that she really did have great chemistry with the rest of the cast which is as you also brought up that it made the it feel like it was about the whole cast which is how I think it should have been. You also notice the names of the shows, the first one being “Stargate SG-1” it was pretty obvious that it was mainly about SG-1 and their adventures and so having them being in focus wasn’t surprising. But having the show being called “Stargate Atlantis” it doesn’t have that specific thing, I mean it’s not called “Stargate Atlantis: Sheppard Team” or “Stargate Atlantis SGA-1”, but simple “Stargate Atlantis” it was ok to have it be more of an ensemble show than SG-1 and they main reason they went to the Pegasus galaxy in the first place was to discover Atlantis and then they unavoidably stumbled into other things along the way. I must admit that I kind of still wish in some ways that they hadn’t been able to make contact with earth again, at least not so soon if even at all, they could have meet some other allies that helped them during ‘the siege’ and the other episodes where they got help from earth, I mean I have a hard time believing that Earth, the Wraith, the Asurans and the Travellers were the only people in the Pegasus galaxy (or any of the once near by) that had access to some kind of spaceships, heck, they even made it such a point where computer-repli-Liz (GitM) told them that there were other powerful people out there that stayed hidden from the Wraith yet they never even tried to find out more about them, and with the exaction of Teyla bringing it up in the episode where the asgards kidnap Rodney and Daniel it was never brought up again, it could have been some interesting stuff (ok, so maybe they had something planed for a possible season 6 or those movies but it was still weird), there was also those cool enemies from ‘the deadulous variation’, I found those bad guys pretty interesting and would have loved to have seen more of them.
      And besides, on a side note (not to you, just in general), Landry was played by Beau Bridges who is such a great actor and one of the biggest actors in the stargate universe that comparing them really isn’t a bad thing.

You’re so right about that and that’s why season 1-3 will always be my favourite.

I agree with that, especially since not many of the planets they visited (with the exception of the Athosans since Teyla joined the team and also the planet where they found Ronan) really had any major impact on the Atlantis expedition in the last episode. I would have loved to have seen them explore more of the city and found more of it’s secrets, I mean, I might have been dreaming this but didn’t they say that there was about as many rooms in the city as there were rooms on Manhattan, there was so much more they could have done with it. I also gotta say that I still think it was awfully brave of them to fly the city and well, more like land the city without knowing what you can find in the city, I mean machines that creates exploding tumours anyone? Who knows what they could have set of when they landed in the water, heck, it could have been some more interesting plotlines had they accidently turned on some ancient device that could have caused trouble, they had some of that but could defiantly have had more of it.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hey, everybody. Sorry I wasn't around tonight, I'm feeling a little brain whumped in RL and my family had company tonight. Couldn't really think either way. So I'll respond to posts tomorrow -- seems I missed a pretty interesting couple of points!

Anyhow, hope everybody has a good night!

*thud*

Comment

First off. Happy belated Birthday poundpuppy.

I still can’t believe he said that, as if getting rid of such a great female actor like Torri wasn’t enough, they had to go out and try and diminish the work she did do. And if she was supposed to have been a back-up character they should have hired someone who didn’t have the charisma and charm and acting skills that Torri has who really did light up the screen in every scene she was in, and on top of that she really did have great chemistry with the rest of the cast which is as you also brought up that it made the it feel like it was about the whole cast which is how I think it should have been. You also notice the names of the shows, the first one being “Stargate SG-1” it was pretty obvious that it was mainly about SG-1 and their adventures and so having them being in focus wasn’t surprising. But having the show being called “Stargate Atlantis” it doesn’t have that specific thing, I mean it’s not called “Stargate Atlantis: Sheppard Team” or “Stargate Atlantis SGA-1”, but simple “Stargate Atlantis” it was ok to have it be more of an ensemble show than SG-1 and they main reason they went to the Pegasus galaxy in the first place was to discover Atlantis and then they unavoidably stumbled into other things along the way. I must admit that I kind of still wish in some ways that they hadn’t been able to make contact with earth again, at least not so soon if even at all, they could have meet some other allies that helped them during ‘the siege’ and the other episodes where they got help from earth, I mean I have a hard time believing that Earth, the Wraith, the Asurans and the Travellers were the only people in the Pegasus galaxy (or any of the once near by) that had access to some kind of spaceships, heck, they even made it such a point where computer-repli-Liz (GitM) told them that there were other powerful people out there that stayed hidden from the Wraith yet they never even tried to find out more about them, and with the exaction of Teyla bringing it up in the episode where the asgards kidnap Rodney and Daniel it was never brought up again, it could have been some interesting stuff (ok, so maybe they had something planed for a possible season 6 or those movies but it was still weird), there was also those cool enemies from ‘the deadulous variation’, I found those bad guys pretty interesting and would have loved to have seen more of them.
          And besides, on a side note (not to you, just in general), Landry was played by Beau Bridges who is such a great actor and one of the biggest actors in the stargate universe that comparing them really isn’t a bad thing.

You’re so right about that and that’s why season 1-3 will always be my favourite.

I agree with that, especially since not many of the planets they visited (with the exception of the Athosans since Teyla joined the team and also the planet where they found Ronan) really had any major impact on the Atlantis expedition in the last episode. I would have loved to have seen them explore more of the city and found more of it’s secrets, I mean, I might have been dreaming this but didn’t they say that there was about as many rooms in the city as there were rooms on Manhattan, there was so much more they could have done with it. I also gotta say that I still think it was awfully brave of them to fly the city and well, more like land the city without knowing what you can find in the city, I mean machines that creates exploding tumours anyone? Who knows what they could have set of when they landed in the water, heck, it could have been some more interesting plotlines had they accidently turned on some ancient device that could have caused trouble, they had some of that but could defiantly have had more of it.
          Brie, I think you said it way better than I ever could!!
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Happy (belated) Birthday to poundpuppy!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Or they could have made up an invisible "Major Whozit". Hey, it worked with Kanaan. Sort of.

Or they could have done what they did on Frazier to explain Daphne's pregnancy.

John: Where's Teyla?

Ronon: *shrugs* Last time I saw her was at breakfast.

John: Well, that was hours ago.

Rodney: She was still there when I left.

John: (taps radio) Teyla, come in.

Teyla: (muffled voice) Yes, Colonel.

John: Where are you? We're waiting at the gate.

Teyla: (sounds of swallowing and chair scraping) On my way.

Rodney: I can't believe she's still eating. Even I was finished hours ago.

Ronon: She's using food to compensate for losing her friend Kate.

John: Well, she better waddle on out here, we're burning daylight.

Or something like that.
            ^ yours was better I guess I must've stopped watching Frasier by the end, I didn't even realise Daphne had been pregnant

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            *snorts* I can certainly see that after all the money they must've blown on The Siege.
            Those VFX's were pretty cool

Hello everyone!

The ’Fantastic 4’ reference was a bit odd, I dunno, if they really wanted to use some kind of reference there are tons of other better once out there that actually might have made sense, especially since ‘Fantastic 4’ is about four people and their enemy while SGA does have more than four characters, I kinda liked Teyla’s response to that, even if it was supposed to be to show her ignorance of earth things it felt like it was more of her saying that it was a dumb metaphor to begin with.
            The irony of her saying that she wasn't invisible is that is how TPTW had treated her for the previous season. Did she even get her own ep in s3?

I agree with this, I did notice how John’s part got smaller after that, it also another thing that made we wonder why they though it was a good idea to bring Carter into Atlantis in the first place, I mean I heard somewhere (and I could be wrong) that they wanted to make it more military, but they already had a military leader (John), they already had a science leader (Rodney), they already had the medical leader (Carson) and they had the leader who took care of everyone and everything (Elizabeth) and by the third season it was obvious that the 4 of them had created something that really worked and had learned to work with and of each other to make Atlantis not only a great place to live and work but also that made it a great show as well so I thought that it made the changes suck even more (Now don’t take this as me bashing Carter in any way, I liked her and AT is a great actress but it just felt that since the crew and in some ways also the cast had been repeating over and over again how different SGA was from SG-1 and how it was supposed to be two different shows and then just change that and not even doing it in a good way).

I was thinking of something else here but then I didn’t write it down right away so I forgot what it was, oh well, it might come back to me later.
            I think the military angle might've worked if they played it up a bit more - have Carter overrule Shep on something, have her force Rodney to do something....that sort of thing. Aside from referring to her as Colonel, there was no real difference between her and either Woolsey or Weir (okay, once or twice she pushed buttons on the Deadalus and the Apollo because she happened to be there). It didn't help that she wore a civilian uniform

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
            They could've just hidden her behind a lot of panels, like B'Elanna Torres from Voyager. The actress, Roxann Dawson, was preggers during S5 or 6, I think, and that's what they did. Then they got her character pregnant during S7. Go figure.
            Yeah, I remember that. There was a lot of bending over, or sitting at stations on a lean There was also the holo-scenario, where she had a holo-projection of a pregnancy belly. The flaw in that was when they turned it off, she still had it

No worries, I think I can safely say we all thought that Carter on SGA was very, very badly handled. She just never really fit into the dynamic among the rest of the characters.
            There were plenty of ways they could have used her, but went for what turned out to be a bad fit. They only have themselves to blame

Though to be honest, I think Woolsey did better at growing into that position. Certainly, he was more like Elizabeth in that both of them were "neither fish nor fowl" (scientist or military).
            Well...they actually gave Woolsey an arc, which they didn't really do for Carter (other then Teal'C saying "you've come into your own here")

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            It seemed to me like they wanted to make Atlantis more like SG-1 in seasons 4 and 5, with the change in producers. I believe Mallozzi made comments about how Elizabeth wasn't really an important character, that she was supposed to be a backup character like Landry. I think the season 4-5 producers really wanted SG-1 back and tried to mould Atlantis into that. What was great about Atlantis in the early seasons was the feeling it was about the whole expedition and the lost city of Atlantis. Why go to Atlantis to then visit medieval village #4341 that looks like BC?
            They should've taken a look at what they'd done in the past. They wanted Hammond to be a foil for O'Neill - that didn't work. They shifted O'Neill into the role because RDA wanted less shooting time - he got arguably more screentime, certainly the show was a lot more SGC-based. Then there was Landry - given that Beau was a 'name' actor, he actually had to have some screentime, even going offworld on occassion. So they all ended up being different to intended.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post

^ yours was better I guess I must've stopped watching Frasier by the end, I didn't even realise Daphne had been pregnant
              Oh yeah,
              Spoiler:
              they covered up Jane Leeves RL pregnancy by saying Daphne had a weight problem. It was quite amusing in a winkwinknudgenudge sort of way.

The irony of her saying that she wasn't invisible is that is how TPTW had treated her for the previous season. Did she even get her own ep in s3?
              I hadn't really thought about that, sorry FH, but you're right. I remember there was a big buildup to S3 with TPTB saying that Teyla was going to fly a hive ship. This had her fans speculating that she was actually going to have her own ship and at last a big role, but you see how that went. I guess her parts in The Ark and Submersion were supposed to suffice. Much like Sheppard in most of S5, she became a supporting character even before the pregnancy. With eps like The Ark and Vengeance, she became the damsel in distress, and most of S3 ended up being the McShep show. I'm not complaining about that because I loved the boys together in a purely platonic nonslashy kind of way.

I think the military angle might've worked if they played it up a bit more - have Carter overrule Shep on something, have her force Rodney to do something....that sort of thing. Aside from referring to her as Colonel, there was no real difference between her and either Woolsey or Weir (okay, once or twice she pushed buttons on the Deadalus and the Apollo because she happened to be there). It didn't help that she wore a civilian uniform
              I was fully expecting her to have problems with Rodney, but it never came about. I fully expected her to clash on occasion with Shep, again nothing. In fact, JF said that they had wanted to do that but she was just too nice and his character couldn't be seen being mean to her, or some such. And in reality, since she outranked him, Shep had to do what she told him. Then in S&R when he stood up to her, she totally backed down and let him do whatever he wanted. When Elizabeth did that, she was accused of being weak and having a silly schoolgirl crush, so you just can't win with some people. But you're right, there was no discernible difference between Carter and Weir, and to some extent Woolsey. You'd never have guessed this was the same Carter from SG-1.

There were plenty of ways they could have used her, but went for what turned out to be a bad fit. They only have themselves to blame
              They went for a bit of stunt casting by bringing AT on board and it backfired big time. They were hoping to up ratings and as usual, thought the SGA fans would watch anything with the SG-1 cast. I have never heard of showrunners who were so out of touch with the fans. They claimed to read GW. They knew the general opinion. Why not go with it?

Well...they actually gave Woolsey an arc, which they didn't really do for Carter (other then Teal'C saying "you've come into your own here")

They should've taken a look at what they'd done in the past. They wanted Hammond to be a foil for O'Neill - that didn't work. They shifted O'Neill into the role because RDA wanted less shooting time - he got arguably more screentime, certainly the show was a lot more SGC-based. Then there was Landry - given that Beau was a 'name' actor, he actually had to have some screentime, even going offworld on occassion. So they all ended up being different to intended.
              Woolsey got quite a bit of character growth also, and a lot of viewers actually changed their opinion of him. Sam never had one minute of anything personal that I recall after the first ep she was in yet they had everybody acting like she was their best friend and talking about how wonderful she was. That didn't set well with me, especially when we saw her eating with the team. I was very annoyed by that.

A lot of their decisions were based on RL events, which I guess is understandable when you are dealing with actors and their lives. But they just worked it out so awkwardly. They originally said Weir and Sheppard would be a bit antagonistic, but then backed off when they saw how well they worked together. At least they had the good sense to go with that, but it's unfortunate they didn't take it to the logical conclusion.
              sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone! I just wanted to say that I will be of on a spontaneous mini-vacation from tomorrow until Saturday so I won’t be here but I’ll hope you guys will have a great week.

There are some great discussions going on here which is great.

I was fully expecting her to have problems with Rodney, but it never came about. I fully expected her to clash on occasion with Shep, again nothing. In fact, JF said that they had wanted to do that but she was just too nice and his character couldn't be seen being mean to her, or some such. And in reality, since she outranked him, Shep had to do what she told him.
                I get that John is a nice guy and I agree with JF that it would have been weird to just have him go all angry though for me personally I would have liked to have seen it, at least at first, and I don’t think it would have been totally of anyway, I mean yeah she is a higher ranking military officer than he is sure but one can’t forget that John was never a part of SGC prior to coming to Atlantis so I don’t think the two of them ever really had any scenes together before Carter came to Atlantis and John has a history of not exactly obeying when he feels that he shouldn’t so it wouldn’t have been totally of to have him not exactly be happy about the change, the only reason I can think of that may have made him more willing was maybe in some ways the guilt he felt for leaving Elizabeth behind and because for the first time when it happened he had listen to someone’s orders instead of listening to his own instincts and heart and the result of that probably hurt a lot and maybe after he said that he would find Elizabeth again he wanted to make sure that he could bring her home to an Atlantis that was safe and still intact so to speak…ok, so maybe that was only my own Sparky-heart talking but I like to see it that way.

Then in S&R when he stood up to her, she totally backed down and let him do whatever he wanted. When Elizabeth did that, she was accused of being weak and having a silly schoolgirl crush, so you just can't win with some people. But you're right, there was no discernible difference between Carter and Weir, and to some extent Woolsey. You'd never have guessed this was the same Carter from SG-1.
                I don’t know what to add to that, I just thought it was something worth repeating because you’re absolutely right and I hated that.

Woolsey got quite a bit of character growth also, and a lot of viewers actually changed their opinion of him. Sam never had one minute of anything personal that I recall after the first ep she was in yet they had everybody acting like she was their best friend and talking about how wonderful she was. That didn't set well with me, especially when we saw her eating with the team. I was very annoyed by that.
                The only one who really reacted to the change in command in a way that I felt was the most believable was Ronan and I personally really liked that.

They went for a bit of stunt casting by bringing AT on board and it backfired big time. They were hoping to up ratings and as usual, thought the SGA fans would watch anything with the SG-1 cast. I have never heard of showrunners who were so out of touch with the fans. They claimed to read GW. They knew the general opinion. Why not go with it?
                I agree with that, I haven’t heard of many showrunners who have acted that way towards either the fans or the cast, it’s pretty crazy.

I hadn't really thought about that, sorry FH, but you're right. I remember there was a big buildup to S3 with TPTB saying that Teyla was going to fly a hive ship. This had her fans speculating that she was actually going to have her own ship and at last a big role, but you see how that went. I guess her parts in The Ark and Submersion were supposed to suffice. Much like Sheppard in most of S5, she became a supporting character even before the pregnancy. With eps like The Ark and Vengeance, she became the damsel in distress, and most of S3 ended up being the McShep show. I'm not complaining about that because I loved the boys together in a purely platonic nonslashy kind of way.
                Speaking of Teyla’s part in season 3, I really did react to the season 3 DVD cover was how cut around it was and it didn’t really go together, I mean they had John in the front with a replicator-gun (I don’t remember what they are called), and Elizabeth and Rodney behind him in full battle gear with p-90s in their hands (though I gotta say that I love how the angle make it looks like Elizabeth has John’s back in the field), and than they had Ronan with his Sateda outfit which worked well but then it looks like they just remember to add in Teyla as an after though and they chose one of the promo pics of her (and if they chose promo pics of all of them I would love a solo shoot of the Elizabeth on the cover btw) and she does look great but it’s not what I would expect, other than that it’s a good cover, I love the choice of colours they used.

sigpic

Comment

Dropping off my latest wallpaper. I've been doing tutorials on Photoshop Elements. I hope the hard work shows with a few new skillz. The background is a piece of art I saw in the Washington Post. The text is from an Adele song. Can you find the title?

Spoiler:
                  sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

SR, your new wallie is awesome! The lyrics are a perfect fit!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                    Those VFX's were pretty cool
                    They were indeed.

*snerks*

I was fully expecting her to have problems with Rodney, but it never came about. I fully expected her to clash on occasion with Shep, again nothing. In fact, JF said that they had wanted to do that but she was just too nice and his character couldn't be seen being mean to her, or some such. And in reality, since she outranked him, Shep had to do what she told him. Then in S&R when he stood up to her, she totally backed down and let him do whatever he wanted. When Elizabeth did that, she was accused of being weak and having a silly schoolgirl crush, so you just can't win with some people. But you're right, there was no discernible difference between Carter and Weir, and to some extent Woolsey. You'd never have guessed this was the same Carter from SG-1.

A lot of their decisions were based on RL events, which I guess is understandable when you are dealing with actors and their lives. But they just worked it out so awkwardly. They originally said Weir and Sheppard would be a bit antagonistic, but then backed off when they saw how well they worked together. At least they had the good sense to go with that, but it's unfortunate they didn't take it to the logical conclusion.
                    Stunt casting is right, and the way they tried to force feed her down our throats with having all the characters say how great she was (without showing us why they thought she was great) was even more of a slap in the face. Grr. It's clear that TPTW wanted what they wanted, but what I can't understand is how they could've done all that and been totally blind to the fact that they were totally sabotaging the show. I keep coming back to what JoeF said several times about ego and vanity.

Speaking of Teyla’s part in season 3, I really did react to the season 3 DVD cover was how cut around it was and it didn’t really go together, I mean they had John in the front with a replicator-gun (I don’t remember what they are called), and Elizabeth and Rodney behind him in full battle gear with p-90s in their hands (though I gotta say that I love how the angle make it looks like Elizabeth has John’s back in the field), and than they had Ronan with his Sateda outfit which worked well but then it looks like they just remember to add in Teyla as an after though and they chose one of the promo pics of her (and if they chose promo pics of all of them I would love a solo shoot of the Elizabeth on the cover btw) and she does look great but it’s not what I would expect, other than that it’s a good cover, I love the choice of colours they used.

http://i41.tinypic.com/6qa4ut.jpg
                    The irony of that cover is that they basically pasted Weir's head onto a shot of Teyla's body in battle gear. The watch on "Weir's" hand is the big clue; that's Teyla's watch, not Weir's. Clearly, whoever did that cover obviously thought Weir was a more important character than Teyla in order to place Weir so prominently. That's not the only "mistake," either: Sheppard's body is also flipped; his hair is pointing the wrong way (it looks like they did the same with Teyla). And is it just me, or does Rodney's head look too big for his body?
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

SR, your new wallie is awesome! The lyrics are a perfect fit!
                      Thanks, it was fun to do.

Stunt casting is right, and the way they tried to force feed her down our throats with having all the characters say how great she was (without showing us why they thought she was great) was even more of a slap in the face. Grr. It's clear that TPTW wanted what they wanted, but what I can't understand is how they could've done all that and been totally blind to the fact that they were totally sabotaging the show. I keep coming back to what JoeF said several times about ego and vanity.
                      Joe really does have a lot of knowledge and insight regarding show biz, doesn't he?

The irony of that cover is that they basically pasted Weir's head onto a shot of Teyla's body in battle gear. The watch on "Weir's" hand is the big clue; that's Teyla's watch, not Weir's. Clearly, whoever did that cover obviously thought Weir was a more important character than Teyla in order to place Weir so prominently. That's not the only "mistake," either: Sheppard's body is also flipped; his hair is pointing the wrong way (it looks like they did the same with Teyla). And is it just me, or does Rodney's head look too big for his body?
                      You are very observant. I never noticed all that. The Photoshop job is terrible too. The hair is much too smooth on the edges. Somebody needs to tell them about "refine edges." *snerk*

I also noticed that they spent quite a bit of time with the air brush tool on Rodney. David has a lot more personality in his face than that. Sheesh. And choosing a pic of Teyla in her bare belly outfit while everyone else was in battle gear was an insult to her character. But it shows us just what they thought of her, I guess.
                      sigpic

Comment

Dropping off my latest wallpaper. I've been doing tutorials on Photoshop Elements. I hope the hard work shows with a few new skillz. The background is a piece of art I saw in the Washington Post. The text is from an Adele song. Can you find the title?

Spoiler:
                        Lovely wallpaper, the song is a great choice to, it’s “Someone Like You” by Adele which actually fit them well.

I never even thought of that I mean sure it looks weird but I never thought of it that way wow, and they really put Elizabeth’s head on Teyla’s, I didn’t ever think they would do that, I guess I just assumed that it would be Elizabeth from ‘the return’ or something, I mean I am glad that they recognised the importance of Elizabeth in season 3 no matter what they decided to do with her character later but they could have defiantly done things differently. I also notce now how much bigger the head is compared to the rest of the body, especially the hands.

You are very observant. I never noticed all that. The Photoshop job is terrible too. The hair is much too smooth on the edges. Somebody needs to tell them about "refine edges." *snerk*

I also noticed that they spent quite a bit of time with the air brush tool on Rodney. David has a lot more personality in his face than that. Sheesh. And choosing a pic of Teyla in her bare belly outfit while everyone else was in battle gear was an insult to her character. But it shows us just what they thought of her, I guess.
                        Agree with this. David does look so much better in real life and so does Joe, those two got the most beating by photoshop on that cover, David more than anyone, and the picture of both Jason and in some ways of Rachel as well where they didn’t have the most flattering facial expressions and I defiantly think they could have chosen better pictures of the two of them. I liked the pic they chose of Torri though (her head and hair at least), even if they did mess with her hair it wasn’t as obvious as the other once, and as I said above, I noticed now how much bigger her head seem to be compare to the rest of the body, especially the hands.

I always wondered if the cast changes and that TPTB knew how the rest of the cast felt about it was why there was no commentaries done by the anyone from the cast on the season 3 DVD, because there was a lot of character episodes in that, for me I only like listening to the episodes that does have commentary done by at least someone in the cast rather than just listening to the crew, because while they are good, it’s hard when you can’t really put a face to the voice.
                        sigpic

Comment

Joe really does have a lot of knowledge and insight regarding show biz, doesn't he?
                          Joe totally should've been showrunner in Seasons 4-5. Weir would never have been thrown under the bus, Torri would've remained on the regular cast, and we would've gotten at least a Season 6 to properly wrap stuff up. *sulks*

*snorts* I keep thinking that whoever did that cover art must have also been the same person responsible for the infamous "floating" promo pics from Season 5.
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Joe totally should've been showrunner in Seasons 4-5. Weir would never have been thrown under the bus, Torri would've remained on the regular cast, and we would've gotten at least a Season 6 to properly wrap stuff up. *sulks*

*snorts* I keep thinking that whoever did that cover art must have also been the same person responsible for the infamous "floating" promo pics from Season 5.
                            You mean those which look like they're walking on the water, minus the water?
                            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

*glomps Anuna*

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                              You mean those which look like they're walking on the water, minus the water?
                              Actually, the water ones look pretty good, mostly because they used real water. I was talking about the ones where they're all floating on the Gateroom staircase. Those were just appalling.

Comment

*glomps Anuna*

Actually, the water ones look pretty good, mostly because they used real water. I was talking about the ones where they're all floating on the Gateroom staircase. Those were just appalling.
                                ARGH. GateWorld just ate my reply. I meant those photos - they look like they're standing on water or thin air or something else that doesn't look solid at all. I just don't understand - when you can do so many wonderful things with PS, why ruining the pictures? Why photoshopping people who already look VERY good? To hide the fact that they're ageing? I mean, whom are they trying to fool?
                                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Working...
                                X