Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    My nap didn't happen, but hopefully I'll sleep well tonight. Actually, a sleeping pill may be in order. Damn kidney stone.
    Sorry! *hugs* I didn't realize you were still dealing with that. *sends Shep!Clone to help you* :

Not what they wanted, but what the mist beings thought would make them complacent with staying on Earth. And why did the mist beings want them to stay on Earth so badly? Would Atlantis be too complicated to recreate?
    It's like Fake!Hammond said. They had a strong desire to return to Earth. Didn't necessarily mean they wanted to stay. I guess that want was more prevalent to the mist than wanting to go back to Atlantis.

I'd say there's also the reason that John would not really have any influence on whether they returned or not. Rodney could fiddle with the science, Elizabeth could do the diplomacy and bargaining, but what could John do? Like Ford, there wouldn't be any way for him to influence Stargate PTB to return to Pegasus.
    Yeah ... but we could've at least gotten some eye!sex scenes in there. For good measure.

She and John both like red cars. It's subliminal, dammit!
    Hahahahahah!

I only want it if John is included.
    Sorry, just went off the market.

I don't think she got angry with John for staying behind, only upset that he did when she thought the roles should have been reversed. Little did she know he was spending his time thinking about her as well. Interesting that they both spent time thinking of the other.
    True, even though if that situation had been real, Elizabeth could've done a lot more than John. Like you said earlier.

And as for the whole thinking about each other thing ... fic bunnies are devouring that line. *snerk*

Oh, I've always thought that. Han/Leia was my first ship so it was pre-ordained I would like John/Elizabeth.
    You have no idea how many fic bunnies are running around in my head right now for a Star Wars themed Sparky oneshot. Oy vey. And I'm not even Jewish.

There's also:
    - Ford being able to fly the puddle jumper
    - Teyla being able to use the life signs detector
    - Rodney being afraid of whales in Doppleganger but having one as a pet in Echoes

I'm too tired to go on, but I could.
    That one's probably my favorite.

Sure! I want to be on a team with Lorne and Cadman.
    I want John, and Clone!Shep, and Clone!Shep #2 ... Hee hee hee.

Didn't he also have the Johnny Cash poster in S1 also?
    I can't remember. Guess we'll see soon enough.

I've gotta get off, unfortunately. Laundry to finish, pics to organize, fic bunnies to catch with a lasso ... and back to work in the morning. Grr. Spring break was not long enough.

Comment

I have an animated gif (not made by me - this one made by sellthelie on LJ) from Home:

Comment

Oh, one more post!

I have an animated gif (not made by me - this one made by sellthelie on LJ) from Home:

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...ifs/home-1.gif
        I watched this, and the only thought I had:
        Spoiler:
        They could've jumped each other right then and there, and no one would've known.

Yeah. Time to crawl out of the gutter and get some sleep.

Night!

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          Oh, one more post!

Spoiler:
          They could've jumped each other right then and there, and no one would've known.

Night!

Night to you as well!

Comment

Oh, one more post!

Spoiler:

Night!
            We can blame John and Liz for being in the gutter, it's their fault for being so darn unobvious to what we find to be extremely obvious.

And about the 'War and Peace' - scene, it is one of my favorite, the thing with it is that they could have had that conversation anywhere, I mean she could have asked him about if after a meeting or something yet she choose to show up at what obviously is a late hour long after the day was over just so that they could have some one on one time together, not to mention that the second John saw that it was her he did the exact same thing as he did in 'Hide and Seek' with the football game, he just stepped into protective boyfriend mood gave her his full attention, I mean, yeah, that scene isn’t totally obvious at all.
            sigpic

Comment

what was elizabeth's One personal item?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                what was elizabeth's One personal item?
                I'm not sure but I always assumed that it was her father’s pocket watch; at least I think she had it with her from the beginning.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                  I'm not sure but I always assumed that it was her father’s pocket watch; at least I think she had it with her from the beginning.

http://i40.tinypic.com/e1c0as.jpg
                  i really need to watch atlantis again. its been maybe a good six months since i last saw an atlantis episode.

Comment

Good evening, all! Back from a quiet day at WonderCon. Checked out the Steampunk 101 panel and walked around the exhibit hall A LOT for some window shopping but didn't see anything I really wanted.

Anyway, I just read through the post-a-thon, yes the entire friggin' thing, and WOW! You guys really got your snark on today! I'm sorry I missed the fun!

Best post of the day has to go to ShipperWriter for this gem:

"... our access to Ancient technology..."

She means John Sheppard's body.

... And there's John!
                    Sheer brilliance!

Now, time for this little kitty to go to bed after a verrry long weekend! See you tomorrow, and happy Sparky dreams!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*slowly crawls into thread*

I've been in a total fog the past few days. Haven't done anything productive, except finishing "ODAD", and then I've started crashing. I'm a little moody this week, and then I just found out
                      Spoiler:
                      the son of a family that we knew growing up died in a tragic accident a few days ago. The family was doing missionary work in South America, and he fell off a cliff. They haven't even been able to recover the body. We weren't that close anymore, but he was my sister's age, not sure if he was even 21 yet. My sister was crying yesterday afternoon when she found out, which made me emotional, and it's just the type of thing that you hear about but never expect to happen to someone you know. My world is a little surreal at the moment.

gateraid -- spot on, as always.

SK -- glad to hear you enjoyed yourself at WonderCon! Have fun today, but not too much!

SR & Erin -- love, love, love those pics of Joe and Joe/Torri!

I'm not going to be here for the snarkfest post-a-thon for "Home", which stinks, because I will have missed the last two. I did have to watch it last night, so I'll probably drop in this evening, when I get home, and drop a few remarks. *snarksnarksnarksnark*

Anyhow, everybody enjoy your Sunday!

*zips out*
                      Sorry to hear about your friend ShipperWriter.
                      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

You have no idea how many fic bunnies are running around in my head right now for a Star Wars themed Sparky oneshot. Oy vey. And I'm not even Jewish.

I want John, and Clone!Shep, and Clone!Shep #2 ... Hee hee hee.
                        Sounds interesting. Maybe while they're in the Star Wars vers Elizabeth could talk to the Kaminoans about a CloneShep or two for you and the rest of the ladies here?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                          Sounds interesting. Maybe while they're in the Star Wars vers Elizabeth could talk to the Kaminoans about a CloneShep or two for you and the rest of the ladies here?
                          Hmm, I think you may be on to something here.
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Hmm, I think you may be on to something here.
                            I have my moments.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                              Best idea of the century!!

Comment

Didn't he have the Johnny Cash poster in S1 also?
                                I don't recall a time when we see his room again in S1. I think we first see the Cash poster in Conversion. We'll watch for it in the post-a-thon.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                                i really need to watch atlantis again. its been maybe a good six months since i last saw an atlantis episode.
                                Join us on Sundays for the post-a-thon and you can rewatch with us. It's at 4:30 Eastern time.

Now to tackle a few questions:

Did the "fog" accurately generate their "dream" worlds, in that, is that what each of them really wanted?

I never really thought of this in detail, but that sounds reasonable. Otherwise, how would each of come up with such personal scenarios. The odd thing is that John and Elizabeth's thoughts kept going back to each other. It seemed like she thought he didn't come along, but he thought she did because he wondered about "Dr. Weir and the others." Ford's thoughts about getting transferred were also odd unless it meant that he was concerned that he might have to leave Atlantis and his dream reflected his worry. Foreshadowing from these writers? Wow. Since it was written by Mullie and Mallozzi, double wow. Those guys wrote the War and Peace scene? Triple wow. Maybe it really was intended to be sarcastic and snarky and show a power struggle between them. LOL

Why would Elizabeth and Rodney fixate on not being able to return to Pegasus, but John wouldn't? (Note: I agree with JT's answer above, but posting it for further discussion)

It's a possibility that John caught on really early. In the elevator scene with Hammond, he gets a really puzzled look when offered transportation. I don't think that is out of the realm of possibility, but the limo should have been a huge red flag. At best, he would have been given a car from the motor pool. Military officers don't ride around in limos. Otherwise, maybe John was so busy trying to figure out WTF was going on, he didn't think about not being able to go back.

Does Elizabeth believe Simon is truly upset with her, and she's been quietly coping with the grief ever since they arrived in Atlantis?

I think she's likely to have been feeling guilty and sees this as a chance to reassure Simon and apologize. When he kisses her she feels a difference, so at this point she may be thinking things have changed and she can move on. I doubt it goes much beyond that. She's a very loyal person and Simon is a habit. It's too early for her to forget their relationship. The fact that she tells Rodney he shouldn't know about Simon shows how private she is, so any thoughts about Simon have been kept to herself.

Is Elizabeth's car really red?

Maybe like John's bachelor pad, this is the car she always wanted. Or maybe it's a car she had at one time because it is an older model.

Is John's bachelor pad for sale?

None of us would be able to afford it if it was. LOL Personally, it's not at all my taste and just shows what the writers think a guy like John would really want. I think John would go for something a little more homey and comfy, not leather and chrome.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X