Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I wish we could meet and compare color. Hee. But my pasty white legs have seen the last of the sun. At my age the doctors go all if you even mention the beach. Sun exposure does indeed come back to bite you.
    I remember when I was a teenager the big thing was to lay in the sun with a lot of baby oil on. So glad I didn't have the patience to do that! Good grief.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    Ooh, sounds like a plan!
    Sparky Island baby!!!

So duh, theme for March is St. Patrick's Day. Yet again, I get the menial work.
    I'm sure after I post this I'll be polishing right along with you.

Originally posted by Brie View Post
    Not to mention the part from 'Doppelganger' where Teyla dreams of that alien thing coming out of her belly like it does in the movies and of course Rodney's talk about throwing up when he saw it when he was on a date, that was pretty funny.

I can hardly wait for 'Prometheus', I just loved the 'Alien moves (though I think the 2nd one was my favorite, the one directed by James Cameron) and I would recoment it to anyone, and you're right they are classics, and it did manage to do something that not many other have when it comes to sci-fi horror, not to mention that the Xenomorphs are still concidered the best aliens ever created, in my opinion as well (and I did see that David Hewlett was looking forward to the movie and those aliens are his favoite as well) and something else that I love about them is the character Ellen Ripley, when they came out there really wasn't that many female heroes (at least not that didn't have a male counterpart) and she is still today one of the most popular female charcaters in film history. I think you would enjoy them ShipperWriter, true they are a pretty dark and can really make you jump but they are so well done with great actors and a great storyline...ok, I'm going to stop now, sometimes I just get really exited about something that I like...though I must admi that it's worse to hear me talk about it.
    I've only seen the first movie. I think at the time it really creeped me out, but then I saw Spaceballs so the stomach scene doesn't bother me so much. LOL I should give the rest of them a try.
    sigpic
    sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Hey Irish Eyes, do you have a fanfiction.net account?
      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

I was watching ‘The Return pt 2’, I really love those two episodes, I loved them because they were great but also because they were episodes with the whole cast which made them all the more fun to watch. But anyway, I thought this part was funny and sweet, when Liz and Rodney got into a bit of banter and John stepped in to make sure that Liz got the credit.

“Why don’t we do it from here?”
        “Do what from here?”
        “Render the replicators helpless, Rodney, remember the plan?”
        “Of course I remember the plan, it’s my plan
        “Eh, actually using Niam was Elizabeth’s plan”
        “Thank You”
        “It was mostly my plan, it was my freezing program”

And of course a pic from the occasion (though a short while later) complete with chair touching and everything.

On a side note, I really like how John says Elizabeths name, though I'm still surprisde that he never even tried to give her a nickname (and yeah I know she's his boss but I'm surprised that he didn't even try it), though he did call her doc once.
        sigpic

Comment

On a side note, I really like how John says Elizabeths name, though I'm still surprisde that he never even tried to give her a nickname (and yeah I know she's his boss but I'm surprised that he didn't even try it), though he did call her doc once.
          I think he probably admired Elizabeth too much to give her a nickname. Calling her anything else just wouldn't be ... natural, I guess is what I'm trying to say.

I dunno. I'm exhausted.

Comment

I think he probably admired Elizabeth too much to give her a nickname. Calling her anything else just wouldn't be ... natural, I guess is what I'm trying to say.

I dunno. I'm exhausted.
            You're probably right, somehow it wouldn't seem right, I was just surprised that a nickname didn't slip out at least once, especially during the scenes where they are teasing each other. Though, again, it wouldn't seem right, the same if Liz would call John Johnny or something like that. When you go back and watch 'Rising' you hear him call her ma'am which also sounded strange (then again, so does calling John major instead of Lt. Colonel) sometimes it's nice to go back, it's then you really notice the how the characters have changed. He also did call her Doc in 'Underground' which was different.
            sigpic

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Just checking in to say hello and greetings from WonderCon in cloudy and near-rainy Anaheim!

Brie, I will definitely keep you in mind tomorrow at the Prometheus panel and hope to bring back some yummy news on the film!

In the meantime, try not to burn down the forum while I'm gone!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Just checking in to say hello and greetings from WonderCon in cloudy and near-rainy Anaheim!

Brie, I will definitely keep you in mind tomorrow at the Prometheus panel and hope to bring back some yummy news on the film!

Hey to all on here that have a fanfiction account, I just updated my Sparky Family story "The World Goes On". Please Read and Review!
                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Please do and have fun.

So, no barbequing then...and I guess fireworks are out of the picture as well...guess we'll have to think of something else to do...
                  sigpic

Comment

Hey the next chapter of "The World Goes On" has been posted!

Hope everyone enjoys!

Comment

[QUOTE=ShipperWriter;13243294]TIf the Lemming can annoy JoeMazzhoweverhislastnameisspelled, the Lemming doesn't have tiny powers. It's more SUPER than me. *humbly bows*

Can't argue with that.

Remember the panda shirt John wore in "The Shrine" when Rodney's freaking out?
                      I totally LOVE that shirt.

You've never seen "Alien"?!?
                      I haven't seen Alien either. Not gonna either -- you can dub me the wuzz of the thread but it'll give me nightmares until the end of time.

I know of it. Saw bits and pieces. Have a friend with an Alien costume, and another one with a Predator costume and they're both super awesome. But that's as far as it goes.

*bounces off walls and runs nekkid through thread*
                      *covers eyes*

You know we can't promise you that --
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I love that shirt. It's so very Joe. I also love the skull one he's wearing a lot now.
                        I wore it out a few times and got some strange looks and questions about why on earth I would wear such a weird thing. Now I just wear it as a night shirt.

I wish we could meet and compare color. Hee. But my pasty white legs have seen the last of the sun. At my age the doctors go all if you even mention the beach. Sun exposure does indeed come back to bite you.
                        I don't tan. I only burn. Got my skin coloring from my Scottish grandmother. My sister was a sun worshipper and she's had to have some skin cancer removed. Sun is bad, kiddies!!

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                        Sparky Island baby!!!
                        Sparky island!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was watching ‘The Return pt 2’, I really love those two episodes, I loved them because they were great but also because they were episodes with the whole cast which made them all the more fun to watch. But anyway, I thought this part was funny and sweet, when Liz and Rodney got into a bit of banter and John stepped in to make sure that Liz got the credit.

“Why don’t we do it from here?”
                        “Do what from here?”
                        “Render the replicators helpless, Rodney, remember the plan?”
                        “Of course I remember the plan, it’s my plan
                        “Eh, actually using Niam was Elizabeth’s plan”
                        “Thank You”
                        “It was mostly my plan, it was my freezing program”

And of course a pic from the occasion (though a short while later) complete with chair touching and everything.
                        []http://i39.tinypic.com/i6mip5.jpg[/]

I loved the way Elizabeth said "Thank you." It was so cute.

Well, John did call her Lizabeth or sometimes even LizBeth but a non-Sparky could claim that was really just him talking fast.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        I haven't seen Alien either. Not gonna either -- you can dub me the wuzz of the thread but it'll give me nightmares until the end of time.

I know of it. Saw bits and pieces. Have a friend with an Alien costume, and another one with a Predator costume and they're both super awesome. But that's as far as it goes.
                        I am another person who hasn't seen that movie. I don't like scary and/or gross stuff. *shrugs*

Comment

Well, the "Alien" movies are pretty creepy so I don't blame anyone for not seeing them, I've never minded either scary or gross things (actually, sometimes it’s the gorier the better for me, I think I get that from my dad who is like “I won’t watch this movie/TV-show unless someone gets killed, preferably with as much blood as possible, we’re kind of weird like that)so for me they were never a proablem but I still jump at some points during the films but that is for me part of the fun.
                          Last edited by Brie; 16 March 2012, 03:56 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

I may. You'll hafta stick around and find out.

When I was in school, my nick name was "Bush". *shakes head* I didn't really take care of my hair. It was big, brown, and frizzy. Still is.

I knew the "alien bursting through stomach" reference from "Spaceballs", but I've never seen it. I will watch it ... eventually.

I think the guy from Spaceballs was the same guy that had the alien burst through his stomach in Alien. For some reason I've never been able to watch any of the Alien movies completely.
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Whew! Back from WonderCon; a good time was had by all! My fave had to be at The Science of Battlestar Galactica panel, when Richard Hatch "crashed" (actually it was prearranged, to hilarious effect!) the discussion on Cylon biology. Absolutely cracktastic!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post

I think the guy from Spaceballs was the same guy that had the alien burst through his stomach in Alien. For some reason I've never been able to watch any of the Alien movies completely.
                              Yup, that was indeed John Hurt in Spaceballs. Best movie cameo EVAR!

And now, time for this little kitty to go to bed! Nighty-night, Sparkies!
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Whew! Back from WonderCon; a good time was had by all! My fave had to be at The Science of Battlestar Galactica panel, when Richard Hatch "crashed" (actually it was prearranged, to hilarious effect!) the discussion on Cylon biology. Absolutely cracktastic!

Yup, that was indeed John Hurt in Spaceballs. Best movie cameo EVAR!

And now, time for this little kitty to go to bed! Nighty-night, Sparkies!
                                I love Richard Hatch!!! The Original Battlestar was what got me into sci-fi!!!!

Nighty-night, SK!! Pleasent Sparky dreams!
                                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Working...
                                X