Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    To be fair, that gag was on the radio on Valentines Day, so it's not my own creation. As for your clip, Same **** Different Wrapper, basically. Neither are bands I am particularly fond of.
    Yeah, boy bands are not my favorite artists, not by a long shot. The crappy thing is how easily those songs can get stuck in your head. Argh!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Oh, my. Should we be afraid?

Heh, same here.
    Well, any inspiration I had to make a vid based on those songs just flew out the window -- -- and my priority right now is the mountain of fics that are drastically behind. Besides, making that last vid kinda wore me out, so it'll be a while before I make any new ones.

Anyhoodle, I have a prompt if anybody wants it:

John and Elizabeth, on Earth, have to dress up for an event. Evening gown, dress uniform. Evening has to end with a dance in her living room. And a good night kiss.

Any takers?

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      Anyhoodle, I have a prompt if anybody wants it:

John and Elizabeth, on Earth, have to dress up for an event. Evening gown, dress uniform. Evening has to end with a dance in her living room. And a good night kiss.

Any takers?
      If nobody wants it, it's going on my to-do list. *cackles*

Well, I'm worn out, partially from laughing my butt off ... ... guess I better get some sleep! Night, see y'all tomorrow!

*thuds*

Comment

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
        Thank you for the compliment and for the welcome! I am afraid I do not have a good grasp of John's characterization - he' difficult to figure out for me. I think I understand Elizabeth much better. I'm still trying to understand John, and the series did not do enough for me to get him. And seeing as there are so many different interpretation of him... Suicidal John, non-suicidal John, good soldier John, bad soldier John, screwed-up John, emotionall healthy John... I feel like I don't get him at all!
        You're welcome.

Let me just say that Southern Red and 'Nuna explained John waaaay better than I ever could.
        Last edited by mandogater; 13 March 2012, 08:42 PM.
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          If I tend to not be coherent... the lemming is currently floored by the flu... and curled up in a little corner in Kate's office. *feels a bit miserable*
          *Sends warm blanket and big bowl of chicken noodle soup*

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            Well, I'm sick for the day (spent today in the ER with a kidney stone and a kidney infection - fun times) and I miss all kinds of deep analysis.

As I still feel crappy, I'll just say "John is awesome. And so is Elizabeth."
            Ouch! I remember when my dad had one, he was just miserable. Hope you feel better soon. *hugs*
            Last edited by mandogater; 13 March 2012, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
              Again,agreed! I do not believe he's suicidal. And his guilt is one of the defning character traits for John.

I think,regarding the suicial thing, it's all pretty clear in Prodigal. John is about to undertake a suicide mission, and Rodney asks, "How many suicide missions have you flown?". John answers, "I don't know, I've lost count". But as soon as another option presents itself that makes the suicide mission unnecessary, John is all, "Cool! I don't have to do this!" A suicidal person would have probably gone on this mission anyway!
              I couldn't agree with you more. John was never suicidal in the least!! All of those would be suicide missions stem from a firm believe in doing what ever he must to protect his family. And as probably the only person here that has nearly been pushed that far, I can say beyound a shadow of a doubt, John has never acted in the least bit suicidal.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                Okay... I can see why the mods have to be worried about something like that. But it is kinda irritating that I can't give myself an avatar for the forum until that happens.
                Once you're off probie-status your posts are no longer moderated, and you will indeed be able to set an avatar. Though don't get your hopes up of it being a custom avatar cause that requires approx. 2000 posts and a certain length of membership-time. But there are plenty of avatars to choose from, so you're in luck.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                Well, I'm sick for the day (spent today in the ER with a kidney stone and a kidney infection - fun times) and I miss all kinds of deep analysis.
                Oh... ouch... Plenty of hugs for you...

Here's something to help you get better:

So how many of you are seriously jealous of that nurse behind him. She gets to touch him.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                The Secret Marriage is one of my favorites.
                Second that.

We are all involved in Atlantis Rising in various ways, some virtual, some real. As a newbie, you can first read the episodes, and then hang around here for an opportunity to contribute. Hopefully, our technical problem will be solved soon.
                I solemnly swear I didn't eat through any cables.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hi Mandogater!!! *waves*

Once you're off probie-status your posts are no longer moderated, and you will indeed be able to set an avatar. Though don't get your hopes up of it being a custom avatar cause that requires approx. 2000 posts and a certain length of membership-time. But there are plenty of avatars to choose from, so you're in luck.
                  Yep, only 280-something posts left until I get my custom avatar! *squee*

So how many of you are seriously jealous of that nurse behind him. She gets to touch him.
                  *raises hand, waving frantically* If only Marie's spot could've been a walk-on cameo, like the old "Get in the Gate" contest? I'm sure most of us would've clawed each other to death trying to win that.

I solemnly swear I didn't eat through any cables.
                  Uh-huh. Right.

Comment

John's not much of a writer, but if he were to put pen to paper on his feelings for Elizabeth, I wonder if they'd go something like this:

Elizabeth, you're insecure, but I just don't know what for. You turn heads when you walk through the door. You don't need make up to cover anything up - just being the way that you are is enough. Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you.

Elizabeth, you light up my world like nobody else can. The way you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed, but when you smile at the ground it aint hard to tell that you don't know, you really don't know how beautiful you are.

If only you saw what I see when I look at you, then you'll understand why I want you so desperately. Right now I'm looking at you and I can't believe that you don't know how beautiful you are. And that's what makes you beautiful.

Come on Elizabeth, you've got it all wrong. I don't know why you're so shy, why you turn away when I look into your eyes. Everyone else in the the room can see it, everyone else but you. You're beautiful, Elizabeth
                    Awww, I can see John doing that. And then pressing deletedeletedelete while his ears turn red.

I'm sure he is. On a completely unrelated note....

Spoiler:

....he may have been inspired by these dweebs.
                    OMG, boy bands. *runs away* You may have scared me for life. I didn't make it past the first line of the song. *shudders*
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*raises hand, waving frantically* If only Marie's spot could've been a walk-on cameo, like the old "Get in the Gate" contest? I'm sure most of us would've clawed each other to death trying to win that.
                      It would have been a massacre.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

And I would have come out victorious! *shifty eyes* His skin is very warm.
                        sigpic

Comment

And I would have come out victorious! *shifty eyes* His skin is very warm.
                          Oh no. We are not starting this argument again. We're all friends here ...

SR, that's just plain evil!

*sighs* Fine. It's on like Donkey Kong!

But if Elizabeth gets involved, we all retreat, because she will skewer us with a glare and that's the end of the world as we know it.

All right, I gotta git, but I'll be back later! Yes, that was a warning.

Comment

Awww, I can see John doing that. And then pressing deletedeletedelete while his ears turn red.

OMG, boy bands. *runs away* You may have scared me for life. I didn't make it past the first line of the song. *shudders*
                            It's all part of teh plan ...

Comment

Hey are you feeling better?
                              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Oh no. We are not starting this argument again. We're all friends here ...

SR, that's just plain evil!

*sighs* Fine. It's on like Donkey Kong!

But if Elizabeth gets involved, we all retreat, because she will skewer us with a glare and that's the end of the world as we know it.

All right, I gotta git, but I'll be back later! Yes, that was a warning.
                                We are friends until it comes to John/Joe. But, you're right, Elizabeth and Mrs. Joe come first. *iz sad* Nothing wrong with a little fantasy though.

So, it's Wednesday and we haven't really discussed Underground. How do we feel about the Sparky interactions in this one? I love the way he showed so much respect for her and waited for her to make the final decision. Ford looked like he was in the principal's office, but John looked like Mr. SR when he patiently explains why we have to do something a certain way and waits for me to see the logic in his argument and agree, which he knew I would do. They are so married.

But seriously, even in those early days, they had a mental connection and seemed to know each other beyond what was expected considering the length of time they had worked together. She was beginning to see his side of things and he was beginning to want to slow down and see hers. The writers saw that it wasn't possible to have them keep going over the same territory and arguing all the time, so they began to have them working as a team. One of their few smart decisions.

We play with the shippy parts, sometimes even when we have no basis in fact, but I don't think anyone can argue with the fact that they were getting closer. Or maybe they can. LOL
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X