Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd have to go with the sexytimes.

But nature could have had a different say in the matter. Sometimes gene-splicing happens all on its own and abnormals are born. Or people who have three kidneys instead of two.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      That leads me into a question I've had.

How did certain humans get the ATA gene? Did some Ancients have sexytimes with some humans? Are some humans just evolving faster?
      I'd also have to go with sexytimes as a likely explanation. While random mutations are certainly possible, the likelihood of humans spontaneously developing the precise gene necessary out of who knows how many variations just seems a little too far-fetched to me, even for science fiction. Some form of intervention had to have taken place. Modern humans are said to be the "second evolution of this form," so it could even be that the Ancients programmed it into the "seeds" that they scattered across the Milky Way and Pegasus galaxies.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        I'd also have to go with sexytimes as a likely explanation. While random mutations are certainly possible, the likelihood of humans spontaneously developing the precise gene necessary out of who knows how many variations just seems a little too far-fetched to me, even for science fiction. Some form of intervention had to have taken place. Modern humans are said to be the "second evolution of this form," so it could even be that the Ancients programmed it into the "seeds" that they scattered across the Milky Way and Pegasus galaxies.
        Interesting.

I figure John is a descendent of Janus. After all, Janus was obviously crushing on Lizzie. It's gotta be genetic.

See, I just made the whole conversation on topic.

Comment

See, they both have funky ears.

Spoiler:

Thanks to taris for this pic.

Q.E.D.

(For any of you lurkers out there who don't know me, I'm just kidding around. I am not serious. I am rarely serious.)

Comment

Interesting.

I figure John is a descendent of Janus. After all, Janus was obviously crushing on Lizzie. It's gotta be genetic.

See, I just made the whole conversation on topic.

Interestingly enough, it's in my personal canon that John is descended from a line of people who have held onto bits and pieces of Ancient technology/artifacts, though they no longer know that's what the items are.

Yeah, totally weird I know.

See, they both have funky ears.

Q.E.D.

(For any of you lurkers out there who don't know me, I'm just kidding around. I am not serious. I am rarely serious.)
            Eh, I think it's just the angle of that particular shot of Janus. Other shots show him with normal looking ears.

That said, I can still see John being related to Janus. In addition to insatiable urge to crush on Lizzeh, they're also both irrepressible rule breakers. Naughty, naughty boys.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Interestingly enough, it's in my personal canon that John is descended from a line of people who have held onto bits and pieces of Ancient technology/artifacts, though they no longer know that's what the items are.

Yeah, totally weird I know.

Eh, I think it's just the angle of that particular shot of Janus. Other shots show him with normal looking ears.

That said, I can still see John being related to Janus. In addition to insatiable urge to crush on Lizzeh, they're also both irrepressible rule breakers. Naughty, naughty boys.
              And Lizzeh likes naughty boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Yup, that was them.

And whoever did those, that was indeed bad photoshopping.

I added some extra stuff.
                I like your versions better.
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

And Lizzeh likes naughty boys.
                  In-very-deed, she does.

Comment

When did Sheppard learn to float?
                    Must have learned that trick from my history professor in college that claimed to hate getting dirt on his shoes so he learned to walk a 64th of an inch off the ground. Granted he also claimed to live in a leaf pile in the park across the street from campus.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                      Must have learned that trick from my history professor in college that claimed to hate getting dirt on his shoes so he learned to walk a 64th of an inch off the ground. Granted he also claimed to live in a leaf pile in the park across the street from campus.
                      Jack's "wacko" monologue from Window of Opportunity is now playing through my mind.

Comment

Jack's "wacko" monologue from Window of Opportunity is now playing through my mind.

Oh yeah!

Comment

My favorite part of that episode was Jack's "In the middle of my backswing?!?!"

Hmmm.... if John and/or Elizabeth were stuck in that situation, what do you think they'd do?

I think John would take the opportunity to sex up Elizabeth over and over again. Hey, he's an overachiever. He'd have to outdo O'Neill.

Comment

I'll admit he was a bit out there but he made class fun. Of course the other main history professor was ex-military intelligence and would tell us a story every once in a while about his days behind the Iron Curtain. We'd all get together after class and try to decide if he was pulling our legs or not with them.

Comment

My favorite part of that episode was Jack's "In the middle of my backswing?!?!"

Hmmm.... if John and/or Elizabeth were stuck in that situation, what do you think they'd do?

I think John would take the opportunity to sex up Elizabeth over and over again. Hey, he's an overachiever. He'd have to outdo O'Neill.
                              Not just outdo O'Neill, but make sure that no one could ever beat his record. And just think how many different closets they could try out.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                              I'll admit he was a bit out there but he made class fun. Of course the other main history professor was ex-military intelligence and would tell us a story every once in a while about his days behind the Iron Curtain. We'd all get together after class and try to decide if he was pulling our legs or not with them.
                              That sounds like some crackalicious fun!

Comment

Not just outdo O'Neill, but make sure that no one could ever beat his record. And just think how many different closets they could try out.

That sounds like some crackalicious fun!

Now I'm wondering how many closets there are in Atlantis.

You have no idea how fun those two made class!

Comment

Working...
                                X