Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    LOL! Or maybe a donut. Wasn't there some little bit in one of the behind the scenes features where we see Torri and Joe over by the craft table, and Torri's got one of those mini donuts and Joe's got a regular size donut. Or something like that. Hee!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Go me! I'm working on a musicvid where I need a lot of Doppelganger scenes... yeah, I know how to make myself happy...

*shakes head*
    Oh sweetie, you're being masochistic.

Comment

Look at them comparing their donuts...

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Just a wee bit but OMGoddess if the next part goes the way I envision it I'll be so happy with the result... I'm about to do something that I've never done before so it'll get interesting in the next couple of minutes. Hopefully Sony Vegas and I will still be good friends after this adventure.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Deliberate repost of pic because it's just too damn funny...

Ahahahaha! That's it! That's the one!

Look at them comparing their donuts...
        OMG.

Go me! I'm working on a musicvid where I need a lot of Doppelganger scenes... yeah, I know how to make myself happy...

*shakes head*

Exactly what I was thinking!

Just a wee bit but OMGoddess if the next part goes the way I envision it I'll be so happy with the result... I'm about to do something that I've never done before so it'll get interesting in the next couple of minutes. Hopefully Sony Vegas and I will still be good friends after this adventure.
        Aha! Well, at least it's all in the name of a good cause, right? Go you!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

My spectacular plan is a bust... but not to worry the alphabet has 26 letters, onwards with plan B.

Comment

You just can't repost that pic too much. You know that he's probably trying to get her to eat the big one hoping she'll choke on it. Considering that he wanted her gone and all. *snark*

What? Okay, I admit to being a tiny bit cranky, but not at fandom. Tell me again why we have to have families. Can I start drinking before Mr. SR gets home or should I wait?
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              You just can't repost that pic too much. You know that he's probably trying to get her to eat the big one hoping she'll choke on it. Considering that he wanted her gone and all. *snark*

What? Okay, I admit to being a tiny bit cranky, but not at fandom. Tell me again why we have to have families. Can I start drinking before Mr. SR gets home or should I wait?

I say we start with sangrias.

Comment

My spectacular plan is a bust... but not to worry the alphabet has 26 letters, onwards with plan B.
                Aw, nuts! But on to Plan B, indeed! That's the spirit!

*snerks*

Nah, I say go ahead and start drinking.

Sounds good. It'll get us warmed up for the hard liquor later on.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Nah, Sangria takes too much time. I just went straight for the already opened wine bottle.
                  sigpic

Comment

Nah, Sangria takes too much time. I just went straight for the already opened wine bottle.
                    That also works!

Comment

There's some pretty artwork by mizzy2k on LJ for today's Sparky Advent:

Go to day 8 here:
                      http://john-elizabeth.livejournal.com/1477685.html

And check out the earlier days if you haven't already. Some awesome stuff!

Sparky fandom ROCKS!

Comment

After staring at that for a ridiculous amount of time, I also seem to recall some of Torri's comments about being a "healthy Welsh girl" or something of the sort. And the little grimace on Joe's face when he lifts her onto the bed just tickles me everytime. She's quite tall, and I know it couldn't have been easy to lift her for a guy his size. I'd love to know how long that scene took to film. I can imagine someone off screen yelling "Bend your knees." We miss all the good stuff.
                        IDK, I've said this before, but I don't think Torri is that big *shrugs* I'm 1.80m, Joe is 1.83 (taller if you count teh hair), but it's a half n half split for women's height here. They're either a good 15cm or more shorter, or about the same height as me. At most, I'm of average height for a guy. It's been a while since I picked up a girl (shut up, just shut up) in that fashion, but it's not so much the weight as the positioning. Plus, I think they would have done a number of takes of that. Torri is a twig, but eventually she'd get heavy.

The one that makes me smile is in S & R when Ronon/Jason is carrying Teyla/Rachel, and they meet up with Kanaan. Jason is leaning waaaay backwards as a counterbalance. Rachel would be no effort for someone of his size and fitness to carry, so presumably that has been filmed again, and again, and again.....

*shakes head*
                        I fear this is going to be incredibly angsty

There's some pretty artwork by mizzy2k on LJ for today's Sparky Advent:

Go to day 8 here:
                        http://john-elizabeth.livejournal.com/1477685.html

And check out the earlier days if you haven't already. Some awesome stuff!

Sparky fandom ROCKS!
                        I'll have to take your word for it, you lost me at Christmas
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                          IDK, I've said this before, but I don't think Torri is that big *shrugs* I'm 1.80m, Joe is 1.83 (taller if you count teh hair), but it's a half n half split for women's height here. They're either a good 15cm or more shorter, or about the same height as me.
                          I'm 1m75 or 5'10" and since my encounter with Torri I can say she's about my height and definitely shorter than Joe. But she is indeed a twig.

Originally posted by gateraid
                          I fear this is going to be incredibly angsty
                          Just a wee bit...

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                            IDK, I've said this before, but I don't think Torri is that big *shrugs* I'm 1.80m, Joe is 1.83 (taller if you count teh hair), but it's a half n half split for women's height here. They're either a good 15cm or more shorter, or about the same height as me. At most, I'm of average height for a guy. It's been a while since I picked up a girl (shut up, just shut up) in that fashion, but it's not so much the weight as the positioning. Plus, I think they would have done a number of takes of that. Torri is a twig, but eventually she'd get heavy.
                            What you have to take into consideration is center of gravity and proportional size. *looks around for help from mathgirl* At her height compared to Joe's, Torri would make up a larger portion of his body weight than someone shorter. Like when he had to carry Rachel in Phantoms. It looked effortless because she's so tiny, but no matter how thin Torri is, her height adds weight and awkwardness with that long stretched-out body that would throw off his center of balance. Now, as Mr. SR would point out, he should have just thrown her over his shoulder in a fireman's carry, but where would the romance be in that?

Are you still available to administer that asskicking you offered when you greened me? Come on up, I have someone who needs it badly just waiting. No, it's not Mr. SR.
                            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

All quiet (but chilly!) at Casa Kitty today. Hoping to get some fic work done today after cleaning house. Whee!

What you have to take into consideration is center of gravity and proportional size. *looks around for help from mathgirl* At her height compared to Joe's, Torri would make up a larger portion of his body weight than someone shorter. Like when he had to carry Rachel in Phantoms. It looked effortless because she's so tiny, but no matter how thin Torri is, her height adds weight and awkwardness with that long stretched-out body that would throw off his center of balance. Now, as Mr. SR would point out, he should have just thrown her over his shoulder in a fireman's carry, but where would the romance be in that?
                              Yep, it's all about physics. Rodney would be so proud!

Comment

Huh. I fell asleep and slept the entire night, woke up at pretty much the right time without setting the alarm, and invented a new song in my head (I thought I was listening to the radio, turned out I wasn't quite awake and was imagining it ). Random

I'm 1m75 or 5'10" and since my encounter with Torri I can say she's about my height and definitely shorter than Joe. But she is indeed a twig.

Just a wee bit...
                                The fics I've read where she goes all commando amuse me. Torri looks like she'd blow over in ia stiff breeze, let alone firing a P-90 for real

Plus Torri probably wouldn't have appreciated coming into the shot bum first

I'm not sure if there's a map out there somewhere (or layout of the city), but Shep must've carried her a reasonable distance. The director must've really wanted that shot, because presumably he either carried her down the stairs, into a transporter, then down that hallway in Adrift (although they might've only been going that way because the trolley didn't fit into the transporter), then into the infirmary, or he went through her office and took the transporter down the hall from there. Regardless, it's a long way to carry her, especially in the most awkward way possible

Are you still available to administer that asskicking you offered when you greened me? Come on up, I have someone who needs it badly just waiting. No, it's not Mr. SR.
                                I'm not particularly skilled but I have a 'can do' attitude

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

All quiet (but chilly!) at Casa Kitty today. Hoping to get some fic work done today after cleaning house. Whee!

Yep, it's all about physics. Rodney would be so proud!
                                You're holding her the wrong way, you'll get tired and drop her

Trust me, I'm not going to drop her

You need to put her over your shoulder, like this (motions)

McKay, do NOT touch her
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X