No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teyla and Ronon was one of the other potential romantic pairings that I noticed by myself, but unlike john and Elizabeth it's actually a lot easier for me to see them as pseudo siblings as well.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Soulster View Post
      It's not that bad ... at least you got to be there with her ... Oh and I absolutely love Torri's shirt.
      She was very pretty and I get to meet her again on Saturday... *bounce* ...and Sunday... *bounce some more*

My luggage is packed. Printed the necessary papers in order to get my tickets. Printed a map to get to our hotel near the beach. Decided on how to get from our home to the train station from where we will leave for France - we picked by car cause I'm not too keen on spending 2 extra hours on a train especially when trains are known to be late here or get cancelled without warning.

Got Carson (the turtle) and my black SGA red-panelled jacket from my Atlantis outfit. And also got my book about Maya so that I am able to work on my models in between Q&A's or during Q&A's I have no interest in.

I won't have my smart phone with me so I won't be able to tweet, but I'm hoping to catch a wifi connection somewhere so that I can upload in real time with my computer.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        I don't know about SG-1 or SGU, but as far as SGA is concerned, it's my understanding that all of the original regular cast members (Flanigan, Higginson, Francks, Luttrell, and Hewlett) signed six year contracts, so TPTW were clearly anticipating six years, not five. I came up with the 100 episodes theory only during Season 4, when matters behind the scenes were clearly taking a turn for the worse, though it wouldn't surprise me if other fans were thinking along those lines as well.

That said, the points about TPTW's long-standing reluctance to commit to anything ship-wise, their lack of sufficient long-term planning and their inability to adapt to last-minute changes are well founded.
        True, they did sign for six, I'd forgotten that. You have a 100 ep theory? What was it? The only reason I mentioned 100 eps was because that is the benchmark for syndication.

It's amazing how many of the preceived downsides of the show were affected by off-screen developments during s4. I gather McKay was going to put a bun in Katie Brown's oven in s4, but they nixed that when RL got pregnant. That year was supposed to be Teyla's year, yet the pregnancy meant a massive scheduling snafu and Teyla's/Rachel's absence for a good portion of it. TPTW had done some minor hints at possibly doing something with Sheyla that year, but the timing got all out of whack. The exposition year for Carter as leader turned out to be her only year, and barely enough to differentiate her from her predecessor.

Down to 10 guests now. Gee, was it something we said?
        Nah, just me. I tend to have that effect on people

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
        Teyla and Ronon was one of the other potential romantic pairings that I noticed by myself, but unlike john and Elizabeth it's actually a lot easier for me to see them as pseudo siblings as well.
        Echoes helped a lot for the brother/sister thing for me. After that ep, I thought "well, if they're not going to get them together now, they never will".
        sigpic

Comment

Is there an emoticon for suggestive?

Spoiler:

I know this version of Simon is imaginary, and this isn't rational, but darn it all, I'm going to protect my private place at all costs. I'm saving that for someone special.
          sigpic

Comment

FH and all the other con goers - Have Fun! Don't pass out due to the hotness of the Sparky actors being in the same room.

gateraid - LOL!!!

It's the second night in a row where I've woken up at 4am and been unable to fall back asleep, so I'm afraid I can't contribute anything intelligent (and that would be different from normal, how?).

Pretty pictures.

Flirty flirting:

John being sweet:

John being sad:

John and Elizabeth having trouble with keeping their eyes up:

Honor defending:

John's sweet happy face:

Angst:

Hug:

Cuteness:

Comment

The Duet and Tao gifs - sooooo husband and wife
              sigpic

Comment

Well, I can't top all those lovely gifs from JT-2, but I think we should kick off the SparkyCon with this one.

This is for everybody in Marseilles.

sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Back again with the announcement you have all been waiting for. Evolution is now online at SGARising.

Go read and comment. The next chapters will follow ASAP. Kris is at the con and we don't want to take any more of her time than is strictly necessary. LOL
                  sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday and a big shout out to everyone in Marseille for HalfWay Con! Have a fun time with Joe and Torri, you lucky ducks!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                    True, they did sign for six, I'd forgotten that. You have a 100 ep theory? What was it? The only reason I mentioned 100 eps was because that is the benchmark for syndication.
                    Actually, you just nailed it. With all the behind-the-scenes shenanigans and fan uproar during Season 4 and the growing hints about SGU on the horizon as Season 5 began, I suggested the possibility that they might cut off Atlantis a season early at the end of Season 5, since they'd have the 100 episodes needed to trigger a syndication package. And sure enough...

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    Back again with the announcement you have all been waiting for. Evolution is now online at SGARising.

Go read and comment. The next chapters will follow ASAP. Kris is at the con and we don't want to take any more of her time than is strictly necessary. LOL
                    Yeehaw! Just posted the alert to the Twitter account... Retweet at will and let the good times roll!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

OMG OMG OMG! Evlution is online! (BoD is next!!!) *flails in circles*

have we heard from anyone in Marsellie? I can't wait to hear the news from the con!
                      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                        OMG OMG OMG! Evlution is online! (BoD is next!!!) *flails in circles*

have we heard from anyone in Marsellie? I can't wait to hear the news from the con!
                        Not yet. Even their Twitter is quiet. They must be having a good time and don't want to stop.
                        sigpic

Comment

Quick hello!

Just to say, don't wait a report from me. I can't do the con. I have some problems those days. Nothing serious but I don't have time for this.
                          My friends are there so if I have some news or pics, I will tell you.
                          Kisses
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                            Quick hello!

Just to say, don't wait a report from me. I can't do the con. I have some problems those days. Nothing serious but I don't have time for this.
                            My friends are there so if I have some news or pics, I will tell you.
                            Kisses
                            Nooooo. Please share any news you get. Hope your problems go away soon.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              Nooooo. Please share any news you get. Hope your problems go away soon.
                              I hope so.

I will try to share some news. For the moment, I just know thta Joe is in France.lol
                              Big news.
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                                I hope so.

I will try to share some news. For the moment, I just know thta Joe is in France.lol
                                Big news.
                                Big news indeed. At least he made it. \0/
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X