Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    *waves* Hiya! I don't watch Castle, but I seem to recall others who are watching have made similar observations about Beckett/Castle = Weir/Sheppard.
    You don't have to watch the show. But see one scene where they interact....its like someone is manifesting a Sparky fic in this show. The simulairities are striking!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Hi there! Love your Hanukkah sig! I took my overly colorful Christmas ones down because it's just too early and I was getting sick of it already. I'll put them back up in a few weeks.

I see Sparky everywhere too but I haven't seen it with Castle. I'm so far behind on that show. (I hope Anuna isn't lurking cause she'll spork me for that).

I've been rewatching BSG and I got to Sine Qua Non last night. I've mentioned before how strongly I feel that parallels John in S4/5, especially that conversation between Adama and Romo. *sigh*

I could totally see Anuna getting the kick out of the Sparky paralell. Especially since I am aware she is a Castle fan herself, she probably reacted the same way she gave the look to Castle.

But isn't that show....I've been reading The Hunger Games and the relationship between the two main Characters is eeriely simular to John and Elizabeth. So simuliar I have been mentally casting John and Elizabeth as Peeta and Katniss (who are both sixteen thank you very much) and may just have to write a Hunger games based fusion with them....hell the two have their own balcony scene. True story I was like.....it's John and Elizabeth recarnated into these kids.

I have seen some BSG too so I know where you are coming from.

And Thank you I thought us Jews needed some love too!
    BALCONIES
    The Breeding Ground of Ships.
    sigpic

Comment

It's FATE!
      I totally read Kate... ... but it says Fate... mmm.... seems the small part of The Gift I just saw to check whether I ripped the right episode has scrambled the brain a bit.

Edit:
      On the topic on similarities - I haven't seen them but what I can say is that they are likely written the in the same kind of way and our brains fill in the blanks. Personally, I love the writing on Castle a lot better than it was on SGA, especially when it comes to character interaction.
      Last edited by Falcon Horus; 02 December 2011, 11:00 AM.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'm watching 38 Minutes. Great episode for both ship and whump. JT is feeling happy. Or that might be the pain medicine I just took.

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
        I have seen some BSG too so I know where you are coming from.
        At least Roslin/Adama got to.... wait, how much have you seen?

And Thank you I thought us Jews needed some love too!
        When I saw your sig with the dreidel song, I thought of this video I'd watched earlier today. You just have to smile watching this.
        Spoiler:

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        I totally read Kate... ... but it says Fate... mmm.... seems the small part of The Gift I just saw to check whether I ripped the right episode has scrambled the brain a bit.

Edit:
        On the topic on similarities - I haven't seen them but what I can say is that they are likely written the in the same kind of way and our brains fill in the blanks. Personally, I love the writing on Castle a lot better than it was on SGA, especially when it comes to character interaction.
        You have Kate on the brain just like we have Sparky on the brain. kateanim.gif

katetey_kiss.gif

Oops, what thread am I on now? Oh yeah, KISSxSparky.gif

Comment

It's FATE!

You've got that right!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I'm watching 38 Minutes. Great episode for both ship and whump. JT is feeling happy. Or that might be the pain medicine I just took.
          Mmm, some of those happy drugs John talked about...

At least Roslin/Adama got to.... wait, how much have you seen?
          *dies laughing*
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

You don't have to watch the show. But see one scene where they interact....its like someone is manifesting a Sparky fic in this show. The simulairities are striking!

I could totally see Anuna getting the kick out of the Sparky paralell. Especially since I am aware she is a Castle fan herself, she probably reacted the same way she gave the look to Castle.
            As a massive Castle fan I have to agree there are several moments between Beckett and Castle that make me think of Sparky. Of course that's between laughing fits caused by Castle's antics.

I also like your new sig TLM.
            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
              As a massive Castle fan I have to agree there are several moments between Beckett and Castle that make me think of Sparky. Of course that's between laughing fits caused by Castle's antics.

I also like your new sig TLM.
              Again tbe person who wrote Castle is a closet Sparky fan.

And thank you I thought it would be have fun to have Sparky playing dreidle in the spirit of Hanukah
              BALCONIES
              sigpic

Comment

You have Kate on the brain just like we have Sparky on the brain.
                Occasionally yes, I suffer from a Kate-brain...
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone who still has a team in the hunt, especially SR's Virginia Tech and Eri13's Georgia! Go Hokies! Go Dawgs! (but especially the Dawgs, because I really want to see them upset LSU, hahaha! )
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm home! I'm home! Thank the little baby Jesus. I. Am. Home.

I can't wait to get back into the swing of things, but right now I'm road lagged and hungry and have to rest up for the big game tonight. Cheer for my Hokies everyone. And go Dawgs!
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

I can't wait to get back into the swing of things, but right now I'm road lagged and hungry and have to rest up for the big game tonight. Cheer for my Hokies everyone. And go Dawgs!
                      YAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! We missed you! *mad hugs* And look, we even managed to not burn down the forum while you were gone, LOL!

Anyway, get some food, get some rest, and...

Go Hokies! Go Dawgs!

Comment

Welcome Home, Southern Red!!!
                        1bighug.jpg

Day 3 of the Sparky Advent calendar is brought to you by Madness reigns.

http://john-elizabeth.livejournal.com/1476139.html

She was a busy woman. On her next day (the 5th), I have THREE different pictures from her to post.

Comment

Hello guys long time no speak. So I am starting to notice that all my couples relate to Sparky in some way.

Like for example I started watching Castle, I don't know if I am mad or if its just the beautiful Stana Katic, I feel Kate Beckett gives Castle the same look Elizabeth often gives John.

Does anyone else notice that? You see Sparky in everyone?

Well, personally I don't see it so much specifically in my other favorite pairings, but I do know what you mean. It's a little different in the things I see sparky in for me, but I've mentioned before that I've been able to see connections to sparky in lots of different things, like from professional wrestling to Transformers.

As far as Castle goes, I've actually been watching a lot of that recently. It's not a perfect analogy to sparky but I do see the connection. I guess one major difference is that in Castle it's a lot more overt and obviously intentional. In fact it's kind of the main plot of the show.
                          Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 03 December 2011, 02:42 PM.
                          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

So I am getting my roommate to watch SGA within the next couple days. I told her I was placing bets she's gonna be a Sparky fan.....will that prophesy come true.....we shall see.
                            BALCONIES
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

Glad your back safe and sound SR! Sorry about your Hokies and Eri13's Dawgs. I hope you didn't break your tv while watching the game. I almost threw the remote at mine a couple times.

Comment

So I am getting my roommate to watch SGA within the next couple days. I told her I was placing bets she's gonna be a Sparky fan.....will that prophesy come true.....we shall see.
                                * crosses fingers and toes*

The more Sparky the merrier!

Comment

Working...
                                X