Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    See, that's what I've always said. She knows him so well, she doesn't have to poke and prod at him trying to get him to open up.

A rewatch would be great, but the time factor might do us in.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      A group rewatch would be grand! Only question is, when could we schedule it so we could all watch, squee and snark at the same time?
      I probably have the most flexible schedule as I have no life. Are weekends better for everyone?

Oh, John. Tying himself into knots for no reason, all because he doesn't want to mess up what he's got with Lizzeh. He wants her so bad.
      He loves her so. And she does know him well, even in canon instead of fic. She wouldn't ask if he has no friends. She knows that he would want to make the message for Sumner's family.
      Last edited by JT-2; 17 October 2011, 11:15 AM. Reason: added in the "know" so it doesn't sound dirty

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        See, that's what I've always said. She knows him so well, she doesn't have to poke and prod at him trying to get him to open up.

A rewatch would be great, but the time factor might do us in.
        Could we just watch the main Sparky eps? Or the Sparky scenes?

Comment

Could we just watch the main Sparky eps? Or the Sparky scenes?
          I think that could work. Afternoons (well, afternoon out here on the West Coast) are generally good; mornings on Mondays and Wednesdays are good. As for the weekend, Sunday is usually better than Saturday.

Oh, and JT?

"Last edited by JT-2; Today at 12:15 PM. Reason: added in the "know" so it doesn't sound dirty"

Suuuuure you did. We all know you wanted to leave it sounding dirty. LOL!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I think that could work. Afternoons (well, afternoon out here on the West Coast) are generally good; mornings on Mondays and Wednesdays are good. As for the weekend, Sunday is usually better than Saturday.

Oh, and JT?

"Last edited by JT-2; Today at 12:15 PM. Reason: added in the "know" so it doesn't sound dirty"

Suuuuure you did. We all know you wanted to leave it sounding dirty. LOL!
            LOL! When I read my message I saw "and she does him well," I thought "well, that's true too!"

Comment

I got 88%. I didn't think that was too bad, considering I didn't know any of the fic/icon/cap ones. And also, Mamadama

LOL! When I read my message I saw "and she does him well," I thought "well, that's true too!"
              *resists urge to comment*

Congrats on your promotion btw See, you've already surpassed me Also, does this mean I can have a bigger sig now? I tried one of those AR ones a while back, but they were too big for my previous allocation
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                I got 88%. I didn't think that was too bad, considering I didn't know any of the fic/icon/cap ones. And also, Mamadama

*resists urge to comment*

Congrats on your promotion btw See, you've already surpassed me Also, does this mean I can have a bigger sig now? I tried one of those AR ones a while back, but they were too big for my previous allocation
                Hmm, I was under the impression that sig sizes are the same for everyone, regardless of how high up in the ranks they are.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Completely OT (JAG related)

Spoiler:

I've been doing a bit of a re-watch of this show lately. They've released the series on dvd, and given that it is quite old, it's at a reasonable price. When it aired, I only caught the odd episode, so most of them are new to me (the earlier ones, I imagine if I continue to the later seasons I will have seen more).

It's actually quite refreshing. What turned me off the show in the later years was the Harm/Mac soap opera, which is absent in the earlier seasons. Sure, there are the occassional hints (I'm in the tail end of s3 now) but it's the kind of stuff that could go either way.

This show, and SG-1, turned me off ship. Sam/Jack and Mac/Harm continued for years. I understand that a major component here is timing, with TPTW of both shows not knowing the end points and being able to structure their stories around that. But both shows ran for ten years, surely that is time enough to either deal with the romance and move on (get together, break up, whatver) especially when both of these relationships were covered by the non-frat regs. To hang onto someone for that length of time, and have it interfere with other relationships, says to me that these people have some character flaws. Still, at least in the final episode of SG-1, Landry didn't sit down with Cam and gasbag about the ship prospects for O'Neill and Carter

I have been surprised by some of the episodes. S3's King of the Fleas is one of the best episodes of tv I've ever seen, but it was followed by one of the most ridiculous episodes. And the opening of the show sounds a lot like the introduction to someone's fanfiction story.

Also, if you're going to do an episode about somebody being killed in Wellington Bay, New Zealand, at least get your facts correct. There's Wellington Harbour, where our nation's capital is, but it looks a lot different to the dirt road and farmland that they visited. Also, we do not speak with one of the thickest Australian accents I've ever heard And there is no housing in NZ without power or communication, save for people's baches (cribs, lakehouses, etc).
                  sigpic

Comment

Hmm, I was under the impression that sig sizes are the same for everyone, regardless of how high up in the ranks they are.
                    When the AR site came out, I tried to upload one of those as a sig (at that stage, I didn't have one), but it wouldn't allow me to do so as it didn't fit their size restricitons, hence why I have the Richifer sig instead. My avatar is also smaller than yours too.
                    sigpic

Comment

I scored 71% - what does that make me? A casual aquaintance?
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                        Completely OT (JAG related)

Spoiler:

I've been doing a bit of a re-watch of this show lately. They've released the series on dvd, and given that it is quite old, it's at a reasonable price. When it aired, I only caught the odd episode, so most of them are new to me (the earlier ones, I imagine if I continue to the later seasons I will have seen more).

It's actually quite refreshing. What turned me off the show in the later years was the Harm/Mac soap opera, which is absent in the earlier seasons. Sure, there are the occassional hints (I'm in the tail end of s3 now) but it's the kind of stuff that could go either way.

This show, and SG-1, turned me off ship. Sam/Jack and Mac/Harm continued for years. I understand that a major component here is timing, with TPTW of both shows not knowing the end points and being able to structure their stories around that. But both shows ran for ten years, surely that is time enough to either deal with the romance and move on (get together, break up, whatver) especially when both of these relationships were covered by the non-frat regs. To hang onto someone for that length of time, and have it interfere with other relationships, says to me that these people have some character flaws. Still, at least in the final episode of SG-1, Landry didn't sit down with Cam and gasbag about the ship prospects for O'Neill and Carter

I have been surprised by some of the episodes. S3's King of the Fleas is one of the best episodes of tv I've ever seen, but it was followed by one of the most ridiculous episodes. And the opening of the show sounds a lot like the introduction to someone's fanfiction story.

Also, if you're going to do an episode about somebody being killed in Wellington Bay, New Zealand, at least get your facts correct. There's Wellington Harbour, where our nation's capital is, but it looks a lot different to the dirt road and farmland that they visited. Also, we do not speak with one of the thickest Australian accents I've ever heard And there is no housing in NZ without power or communication, save for people's baches (cribs, lakehouses, etc).
                        Spoiler:
                        I loved JAG but I completely agree that it got stupid with the ship in the last few years. There was a point where it needed to just be resolved. I can't remember what season it was. But when Brumby left Mac to go back to Australia and it looked like they would hook up but then Harm's GF's father died. I thought that episode was brilliant but then it went nowhere the following year. The same thing happened with NCIS and Tony/Ziva. There was one brilliant episode (maybe it was the season 7 premiere?) and then it just died. Neither ship ever felt right afterwards. They reached the critical point and then backed away. I have no idea what that might have been for Jack/Sam as I have only watched a little bit of SG-1.

So I wonder if we all worry too much that John/Teyla would have happened eventually. Maybe they would have dragged it on forever like these others? Oh well, it's over and they can no longer frak with the characters.

Totally different OT topic - I've been reading the interviews on GW and Gero saying how Keller would have been universally loved if it wasn't for Carson. BWahahahahaha! Is he for real??? He also was saying how hard he pushed for Carter to come over. FRAK YOU GERO & MULLIE & MALLOZZI & WRIGHT & COOPER!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        It makes you a Sparky friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          More than an acquaintance! You're a Friend of Sparky!

Comment

Spoiler:
                            I loved JAG but I completely agree that it got stupid with the ship in the last few years. There was a point where it needed to just be resolved. I can't remember what season it was. But when Brumby left Mac to go back to Australia and it looked like they would hook up but then Harm's GF's father died. I thought that episode was brilliant but then it went nowhere the following year. The same thing happened with NCIS and Tony/Ziva. There was one brilliant episode (maybe it was the season 7 premiere?) and then it just died. Neither ship ever felt right afterwards. They reached the critical point and then backed away. I have no idea what that might have been for Jack/Sam as I have only watched a little bit of SG-1.

So I wonder if we all worry too much that John/Teyla would have happened eventually. Maybe they would have dragged it on forever like these others? Oh well, it's over and they can no longer frak with the characters.

Totally different OT topic - I've been reading the interviews on GW and Gero saying how Keller would have been universally loved if it wasn't for Carson. BWahahahahaha! Is he for real??? He also was saying how hard he pushed for Carter to come over. FRAK YOU GERO & MULLIE & MALLOZZI & WRIGHT & COOPER!
                            I never
                            Spoiler:
                            even watched JAG, but the shipping nonsense on NCIS has had me banging my head against a wall.

As for that bit of SGA-related OTness... They're nuts. They're all frakking crazy. What else can be said?

It makes you a Sparky friend.
                            Great minds think alike!

Comment

Oh yeah, and one more OT thing for gateraid

Spoiler:
                              I understand how you wanted them to get NZ stuff right. But let me give you a more pathetic example. There was a show called Providence (in which Joe Flanigan actually guest starred) that was placed in Providence, Rhode Island. Rhode Island is my state. They filmed in Rhode Island sometimes and it was a big deal here to have a show based in our capitol city. But then there was one episode where they had characters go from Providence down to the beach in 10 minutes. The most basic of research would have told them it takes more like 45 minutes to get between the 2 locations. It made us all *headdesk*. So here was a show based in my own state that couldn't get stuff right.

Comment

Yeah, a Sparky friend I am.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X