Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    SQUEE!! Why are you nervous about meeting her?
    Did I mention I am a champion at making a total fool out of myself in front of the people the likes of Ms. Higginson? Or Charisma Carpenter, or Tom Felton ... also actors I'll be meeting this weekend. And Tom Felton's poster I won too though this one will be a birthday present for my best friend who's an insane Draco fan.

    I'll be standing there, in my Tenth Doctor outfit, fumbling for words that will never come and all the thoughts and words that I had in my mind will be gone... [insert blank stare]

    If I ever should have the chance to meet Claire... they'll probably have to shock me back to life.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

    Comment


      Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Intentional repost. Look at Carson looking longingly at Teyla! Aww.
      OMG, he totally is! Darnit, why did they have to go and kill off Carson! They could've made him Teyla's baby daddy, and no one would've been able to protest that relationship coming out of nowhere. Grr!

      Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      That makes me want to read "Rites of Spring".
      Great minds think alike... I had the same idea!

      Originally posted by JT-2 View Post


      They need some caffeine to keep their energy up. (Waits for gateraid to add the dirty remark)


      Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Did I mention I am a champion at making a total fool out of myself in front of the people the likes of Ms. Higginson? Or Charisma Carpenter, or Tom Felton ... also actors I'll be meeting this weekend. And Tom Felton's poster I won too though this one will be a birthday present for my best friend who's an insane Draco fan.

      I'll be standing there, in my Tenth Doctor outfit, fumbling for words that will never come and all the thoughts and words that I had in my mind will be gone... [insert blank stare]

      If I ever should have the chance to meet Claire... they'll probably have to shock me back to life.
      Feh! Torri is lovely and gracious and an absolute hoot! You've got nothing to be nervous about! Go on and have a blast!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

      Comment


        Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        That makes me want to read "Rites of Spring".
        Where is this fic of which you speak? I think I've read it before but I don't remember.
        Who would perform an Athosian wedding anyway? I always thought of Halling as their religious leader. Would he be the one to do it?
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

        Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

        Comment


          Originally posted by mandogater View Post
          Where is this fic of which you speak? I think I've read it before but I don't remember.
          Who would perform an Athosian wedding anyway? I always thought of Halling as their religious leader. Would he be the one to do it?
          Rites of Spring, by lanna_kitty.

          Happy Sparky reading!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

          Comment


            Originally posted by mandogater View Post
            Who would perform an Athosian wedding anyway? I always thought of Halling as their religious leader. Would he be the one to do it?
            Teyla would, as the leader of the Athosians, but I'm sure that Halling could too.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

            Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

            Comment


              Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Did I mention I am a champion at making a total fool out of myself in front of the people the likes of Ms. Higginson? Or Charisma Carpenter, or Tom Felton ... also actors I'll be meeting this weekend. And Tom Felton's poster I won too though this one will be a birthday present for my best friend who's an insane Draco fan.

              I'll be standing there, in my Tenth Doctor outfit, fumbling for words that will never come and all the thoughts and words that I had in my mind will be gone... [insert blank stare]

              If I ever should have the chance to meet Claire... they'll probably have to shock me back to life.
              I'm sure they're used to people freezing up. As long as you don't try to put them in compromising positions, I'm sure they'll be cool about it.

              Have fun!!!!


              Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              OMG, he totally is! Darnit, why did they have to go and kill off Carson! They could've made him Teyla's baby daddy, and no one would've been able to protest that relationship coming out of nowhere. Grr!
              They could have!! Or she and Kate could have an a run-in with an ancient device.

              Comment


                Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                I'm sure they're used to people freezing up. As long as you don't try to put them in compromising positions, I'm sure they'll be cool about it.
                I have no such intention... the compromising positions part, not the freezing part... there will definitely be freezing...

                Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                Or she and Kate could have an a run-in with an ancient device.
                Funny you should say that... ...I had to drop out of LittleBang due to time running away from me, but my entry was exactly that. An ancient device, with a little help from John's ATA-gene (he really shouldn't have hit the big red button that said DON'T TOUCH), that has some unexpected side effects...

                I promised to finish it though currently I'm stuck in what is a very emotionally intense scene between Kate and Teyla. Very dramatic, very angsty, very painful... quite hard to get it just right.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  I have no such intention... the compromising positions part, not the freezing part... there will definitely be freezing...



                  Funny you should say that... ...I had to drop out of LittleBang due to time running away from me, but my entry was exactly that. An ancient device, with a little help from John's ATA-gene (he really shouldn't have hit the big red button that said DON'T TOUCH), that has some unexpected side effects...

                  I promised to finish it though currently I'm stuck in what is a very emotionally intense scene between Kate and Teyla. Very dramatic, very angsty, very painful... quite hard to get it just right.
                  I'll definitely read it. Wait, is Elizabeth at least alive in this story? I have a huge aversion to reading anything post season 3.

                  Spoiler:
                  And their baby will live in a great universe cause the Wraith aren't really evil. You didn't know that? Neither did I. Shocking. /sarcasm

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                    I'll definitely read it. Wait, is Elizabeth at least alive in this story? I have a huge aversion to reading anything post season 3.
                    Unless it's written by someone who actually intends to truly fix the post-Season 3 mess, instead of some jerk who's just playing 'tease with the carrot' for the UMPTEENTH TIME.

                    Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    And their baby will live in a great universe cause the Wraith aren't really evil. You didn't know that? Neither did I. Shocking. /sarcasm
                    *snerks*
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Unless it's written by someone who actually intends to truly fix the post-Season 3 mess, instead of some jerk who's just playing 'tease with the carrot' for the UMPTEENTH TIME.
                      Well, that goes without saying.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                        Well, that goes without saying.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                        Comment


                          Just took the Sparky quiz and got a 90%. Whew! She did a good job with the right mix of questions. But I knew I was going to miss the one about John's book.
                          sigpic
                          sig by SueKay

                          My Team:

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            You mean this cute look?

                            http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...-2x02_3577.jpg

                            And we can always use a repeat of this one.



                            I hadn't thought about how he just came and sat with her without asking. Not a "Mind if I join you?" or a "Don't mean to intrude" or any of that. He just seemed to know she wouldn't mind. And I noticed how he looked at his watch when he spotted her there as if he was wondering why she was up so late, yet he didn't ask her anything about it out of respect for her privacy. That's not the way you act if you don't like someone and don't want to spend time with them outside work.
                            While I'm not a massive fan of the episode in general (it's an obvious rehash of previous material), I <3 that gif. To me, the expression she gives him, and the one he gives her, are the truest example of eyesex. It's a conversation without having a conversation.

                            Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Random Lemming note: Torri Higginson arrived in Belgium today.

                            This also makes me a wee bit nervous about meeting her on Sunday.
                            But...but....you're the Fearless Leader. You don't need to be afraid of anything

                            Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                            Intentional repost. Look at Carson looking longingly at Teyla! Aww.




                            No it isn't.



                            SQUEE!! Why are you nervous about meeting her?



                            That makes me want to read "Rites of Spring".





                            They need some caffeine to keep their energy up. (Waits for gateraid to add the dirty remark)
                            Hey, you got there before I did this time.

                            Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                            I'll definitely read it. Wait, is Elizabeth at least alive in this story? I have a huge aversion to reading anything post season 3.

                            Spoiler:
                            And their baby will live in a great universe cause the Wraith aren't really evil. You didn't know that? Neither did I. Shocking. /sarcasm
                            Spoiler:

                            Neither are the Asurans. And in this universe, I have to defend TPTW. Mallozi must be laughing at me. As an aside, is anyone else getting annoyed with the 'middle aged white dude'?


                            Edit: never mind, now I see where you're coming from. And if you've checked My Controls, you'll understand what I mean by "I'm glad they don't feed from there"
                            Last edited by gateraid; 21 October 2011, 12:50 AM.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Rites of Spring, by lanna_kitty.

                              Happy Sparky reading!
                              Wow!! That was just awesome. That is definately the best Sparky fic I've read in a long time!!

                              Thanks for the link!!
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

                              Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Teyla would, as the leader of the Athosians, but I'm sure that Halling could too.
                                I could see it working either way. Just another one of the many things that were never hashed out about the Athosians during the run of the show by TPTW.
                                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

                                Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X