Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I know not everyone here is on LJ. This post was stinking hilarious. It looks like SK's action figures took a little trip.

Sparktober, Day 19: Plastic Fantastic
    I'm glad you found that JT-2!! ROTFLMAO!!
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Sweet!

Gold, diamonds, The Holy Grail... oh wait, wrong movie.
      I resisted the urge to say earlier that there's gold in them there hills threads. You should regret opening the door for me

[QUOTE=Scary Kitty;12984626]
      Spoiler:
      Except that by that time the Asgard had all gone extinct. Well, save the rogue Asgard in Pegasus, but no one knew about them yet.

Spoiler:

Writers meeting:

#1: Uhhh, you know we killed the Asgard off, right?
      #2: No. When did this happen?
      #1: It was in the last episode of SG-1
      #2: ****. We'll have to come up with something else
      #3: What? We already sent everyone home for the week. Except for Amanda, David & Jewel
      #2: Okay, okay, I think I can make this work. It'll take a little tweaking but I'm pretty sure we can still get an episode out of this
      #1: You'd better. If this fails, I'm going to go down to PropWorks, steal an Asgard puppet, then beat you to death with it

Ah, that's such a good fic! Thanks for reminding me of it, I needed the laugh!
      (((hugs))) Anytime friend You're always making me laugh

Bwahahaha!! Hilarious!!
      She really is To this day, I'm amazed that she could get that much material, so quickly, out of a minor comment that I made. That is true talent
      sigpic

Comment

OMFG!

Everyone, get your butts over to LJ and take a look at this NOW!!!!!!!!

It's Sparky!Snark at it's finest.
        That was truly Sparky gold. I never would have thought of some of those "locations."

I think I've also been falling behind on the gifs. So here's another one.

sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          That was truly Sparky gold. I never would have thought of some of those "locations."

I think I've also been falling behind on the gifs. So here's another one.

Nice one. He's so concerned. And he could have just contacted her by radio but he went himself.

Comment

Nice one. He's so concerned. And he could have just contacted her by radio but he went himself.
            This made me think. Did we ever have a balcony scene or even another scene where she sought him out rather than vice versa?
            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
              I resisted the urge to say earlier that there's gold in them there hills threads. You should regret opening the door for me
              Hah, never!

Spoiler:

Writers meeting:

#1: Uhhh, you know we killed the Asgard off, right?
              #2: No. When did this happen?
              #1: It was in the last episode of SG-1
              #2: ****. We'll have to come up with something else
              #3: What? We already sent everyone home for the week. Except for Amanda, David & Jewel
              #2: Okay, okay, I think I can make this work. It'll take a little tweaking but I'm pretty sure we can still get an episode out of this
              #1: You'd better. If this fails, I'm going to go down to PropWorks, steal an Asgard puppet, then beat you to death with it

(((hugs))) Anytime friend You're always making me laugh
              We're the Mutual Laughter Society!

This made me think. Did we ever have a balcony scene or even another scene where she sought him out rather than vice versa?
              Huh. That is a good question. John must've had a better hiding place.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Balcony scenes:
                1. Rising argument - they walked out together
                2. Rising end scene - she found him and Ford to give them the champagne. But then when she walked to lean on the railings, he joined her.
                3. Underground - they walked out together
                4. The Eye - both there already
                5. The Gift - both there already
                6. The Tower - he joined her
                7. Progeny - he joined her
                8. Real World - he joined her

And then there's Lifeline where he was alone and thinking about her.

As for scenes, the only one that comes to mind where Elizabeth sought John out is Home where she found him in his quarters.

EDIT - Duh, the hug!
                Last edited by JT-2; 20 October 2011, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Balcony scenes:
                  1. Rising argument - they walked out together
                  2. Rising end scene - she found him and Ford to give them the champagne. But then when she walked to lean on the railings, he joined her.
                  3. Underground - they walked out together
                  4. The Eye - both there already
                  5. The Gift - both there already
                  6. The Tower - he joined her
                  7. Progeny - he joined her
                  8. Real World - he joined her

And then there's Lifeline where he was alone and thinking about her.

As for scenes, the only one that comes to mind where Elizabeth sought John out is Home where she found him in his quarters.
                  Thanks for all the research. I forgot about Home. And he sought her out in her quarters in Return I, so they're even on that. Plus the times she visited him in the infirmary, which don't really count. Also we can add in the times he came into her office for less than official reasons, like in CM. All these, of course, can be interpreted as "work related." For example, the "defending my honor" scene in Misbegotten. I guess you can technically say it was his duty to ask her if he'd get in trouble for knocking Woolsey in the head, but did he really have to?

I rewatched The Intruder today. It always strikes me how extremely Sparky that episode is. From the coffee scene to the cute little look that they give each other when they're back on Atlantis, they are just joined at the hip, even when they don't need to be. If this had been a normal group of writers, that ep would have signaled a ship direction.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all the research. I forgot about Home. And he sought her out in her quarters in Return I, so they're even on that. Plus the times she visited him in the infirmary, which don't really count. Also we can add in the times he came into her office for less than official reasons, like in CM. All these, of course, can be interpreted as "work related." For example, the "defending my honor" scene in Misbegotten. I guess you can technically say it was his duty to ask her if he'd get in trouble for knocking Woolsey in the head, but did he really have to?

Regarding Return I, can you imagine if Binder had written that one? John would definitely had been the one to visit Elizabeth at her house. Damn, that could have been sweet.

I rewatched The Intruder today. It always strikes me how extremely Sparky that episode is. From the coffee scene to the cute little look that they give each other when they're back on Atlantis, they are just joined at the hip, even when they don't need to be. If this had been a normal group of writers, that ep would have signaled a ship direction.
                    A normal group of writers would have been much smarter.

I wish I had a screen print of that cute look at the end. It's a very good episode for Sparky. That first scene was one where he joined her. He didn't need to sit down with her. He didn't even ask if he could join her - he just did.

And of course I love that look John gives after Caldwell wants to talk to her. So very "my super sekrit girlfriend is gonna kick your ass, and I love her for it".

Comment

Regarding Return I, can you imagine if Binder had written that one? John would definitely had been the one to visit Elizabeth at her house. Damn, that could have been sweet.

A normal group of writers would have been much smarter.

I wish I had a screen print of that cute look at the end. It's a very good episode for Sparky. That first scene was one where he joined her. He didn't need to sit down with her. He didn't even ask if he could join her - he just did.

And of course I love that look John gives after Caldwell wants to talk to her. So very "my super sekrit girlfriend is gonna kick your ass, and I love her for it".
                      You mean this cute look?

And we can always use a repeat of this one.

I hadn't thought about how he just came and sat with her without asking. Not a "Mind if I join you?" or a "Don't mean to intrude" or any of that. He just seemed to know she wouldn't mind. And I noticed how he looked at his watch when he spotted her there as if he was wondering why she was up so late, yet he didn't ask her anything about it out of respect for her privacy. That's not the way you act if you don't like someone and don't want to spend time with them outside work.
                      sigpic

Comment

Random Lemming note: Torri Higginson arrived in Belgium today.

This also makes me a wee bit nervous about meeting her on Sunday.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

And look at how Teyla has this huge smile on her face! It's like she's saying, 'You two are so obvious. So when's the wedding? Where did you set up your gift registry?'

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...intruder-1.gif
                          I'll never say no to that

I hadn't thought about how he just came and sat with her without asking. Not a "Mind if I join you?" or a "Don't mean to intrude" or any of that. He just seemed to know she wouldn't mind. And I noticed how he looked at his watch when he spotted her there as if he was wondering why she was up so late, yet he didn't ask her anything about it out of respect for her privacy. That's not the way you act if you don't like someone and don't want to spend time with them outside work.
                          Or maybe he already knew and thus didn't need to ask. They're totally in each other's heads, after all.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Yay! I'm looking forward to reading the trip report!
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

And look at how Teyla has this huge smile on her face! It's like she's saying, 'You two are so obvious. So when's the wedding? Where did you set up your gift registry?'
                            Or she's thinking, "Okay you two, when are you going to tell us you got married while on Earth?"

Or maybe he already knew and thus didn't need to ask. They're totally in each other's heads, after all.
                            Actually, maybe he missed her and came looking for her.
                            sigpic

Comment

Or she's thinking, "Okay you two, when are you going to tell us you got married while on Earth?"
                              Ooooh, they'll be in trouble with that one! 'You two eloped and you didn't tell me? Go get the jumper; we're going straight to the mainland so we can have a proper Athosian wedding ceremony for you.'

Actually, maybe he missed her and came looking for her.
                              Heheheh... She needed to get a nightcap before heading back in for Round 2, eh?

Comment

You mean this cute look?

Intentional repost. Look at Carson looking longingly at Teyla! Aww.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...intruder-1.gif

No it isn't.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

SQUEE!! Why are you nervous about meeting her?

Ooooh, they'll be in trouble with that one! 'You two eloped and you didn't tell me? Go get the jumper; we're going straight to the mainland so we can have a proper Athosian wedding ceremony for you.'
                                That makes me want to read "Rites of Spring".

Heheheh... She needed to get a nightcap before heading back in for Round 2, eh?

They need some caffeine to keep their energy up. (Waits for gateraid to add the dirty remark)

Comment

Working...
                                X