No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back from Stargate Live Auction 3. Didn't get the two lots I was eyeing; they went for more than I wanted to pay. Especially that set of city blueprints from The Siege. It wasn't even complete and someone bought 'em for $1100? Nuts.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I know. I thought we were having another earthquake.
    LOL!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Update: The Bid Live link for today's Propworx auction is now up!

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/26561#
      Guess this marks the "death" of all things stargate related.

Comment

Did anybody hear that noise? Fangirls squeeing loud enough to rip a hole in the universe? Thanks, Joe. He says he survived Bucharest.
        Yes.....thoughts of this pic kept me warm all through my drizzly day at a Ren Faire!! *sigh* I think I enjoyed the jeans more than the tat. It looks like a sharpie marker!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
          Yes.....thoughts of this pic kept me warm all through my drizzly day at a Ren Faire!! *sigh* I think I enjoyed the jeans more than the tat. It looks like a sharpie marker!!!
          I'm glad it's a sharpie marker, though. I wouldn't want such a huge tattoo marking up that lovely body. Oh, and I certainly hope he lets his hair grow back. JT says NO to men's shaved chests.

Oh, and SR, that spin you put on it is exactly what I've always thought of that scene too. To me her expression was "you are so awesome. Let's go save Atlantis together so we can have our storage closet time back again".

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            I'm glad it's a sharpie marker, though. I wouldn't want such a huge tattoo marking up that lovely body. Oh, and I certainly hope he lets his hair grow back. JT says NO to men's shaved chests.

Oh, and SR, that spin you put on it is exactly what I've always thought of that scene too. To me her expression was "you are so awesome. Let's go save Atlantis together so we can have our storage closet time back again".
            Since my Hokies lost their football game, I have to look at that pic some more to console myself.

I saw a tweet from the London con that said Joe told them the tats were decals. So, I imagine they peel off. I'm not sure how those work. And the hair appears to be back, both on the head and elsewhere. I'm not sure how long ago he took that pic. Maybe he only had to be shaved early in the filming process. I don't think even his hair grows so fast that it would grow back in just a couple of days. Maybe we'll get more info when con reports come out.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

gateraid, I think you said that very well. I particularly liked this observation:

That part in bold? That's my personal canon. It fits what we saw on screen to a T, and you nailed it.

Naw, I don't think that's reading too much into it.
              You know me; I just have to stir the pot. Are you talking about Elizabeth or John? Here's an alternate view.

John is looking at Teyla and Ronon. He's glad to see them, missed them and hoping they will want to rejoin the team. Elizabeth is looking at John like political wives look at their husbands when they're making a speech. She agrees with him and he's speaking for her too. How's that for spin? I can see how others may interpret it differently, and that's perfectly fine. It's interesting though how she holds back and lets him do the talking. I think that shows just how alike they think and how they work together as a perfect team.
              Re the political wife comment, get out of my head That is exactly what I meant. But regarding Teyla in that collection of scenes, it really made me *headdesk* when they arrived. Good grief, if she'd looked at him like that a few more times, they might be able to make some decent vids the ship would have a lot more supporters. This is something the directors, the continuity editors, and especially the writers should have been on top of. Fail.

Did anybody hear that noise? Fangirls squeeing loud enough to rip a hole in the universe? Thanks, Joe. He says he survived Bucharest.
              It's definitely a fake tat. If it were real, it'd still be red around the edges (given that it's new). Plus the ink is a little bit off, usually it ends up being a bit darker than that.

It looks like we're not compatible, my chest is virtually hairless I'm not sure, it's hard to say from a photograph, but I think I might be in better shape than Joe. Definitely fitter and stronger, but probably a bit fatter (not much though). Unfortunately I have a face like a horse's ass so you won't be seeing me starring in the next stargate incarnation

It was probably the first time she'd seen him in that mode too, at least first hand. Most of their other interactions would've been when she the dominant one, or when he said he was going away to deal to someone but she didn't get to see it first hand.
              sigpic

Comment

*hugs SR* Sorry to hear the Hokies lost. USC actually managed to win this week, which shocked me to no end. In other college football news, Air Force beat Navy in overtime, 35-34. John, Lorne and the boys will be strutting all over Atlantis for the next week, while Cadman and the rest of the Marines will no doubt be crying into their beers.

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                You and me both! *leers*

Seconded! When I say don't mess with Joe's hair, that includes his body hair!

RAWR. In. The. Gutter!

Since my Hokies lost their football game, I have to look at that pic some more to console myself.

I saw a tweet from the London con that said Joe told them the tats were decals. So, I imagine they peel off. I'm not sure how those work. And the hair appears to be back, both on the head and elsewhere. I'm not sure how long ago he took that pic. Maybe he only had to be shaved early in the filming process. I don't think even his hair grows so fast that it would grow back in just a couple of days. Maybe we'll get more info when con reports come out.
                Oh, thank goodness it's grown back! And apparently Joe is doing another show in November just after HalfWay Con in Marseille with Torri, which is why he won't be in LA with Torri at the Creation con. Drat.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                Re the political wife comment, get out of my head That is exactly what I meant. But regarding Teyla in that collection of scenes, it really made me *headdesk* when they arrived. Good grief, if she'd looked at him like that a few more times, they might be able to make some decent vids the ship would have a lot more supporters. This is something the directors, the continuity editors, and especially the writers should have been on top of. Fail.
                Suuuuure that's what you meant.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Suuuuure that's what you meant.
                  But...but....that was what I meant *scratches head*
                  sigpic

Comment

It's definitely a fake tat. If it were real, it'd still be red around the edges (given that it's new). Plus the ink is a little bit off, usually it ends up being a bit darker than that.
                    Ouch. Sounds painful.

It looks like we're not compatible, my chest is virtually hairless I'm not sure, it's hard to say from a photograph, but I think I might be in better shape than Joe. Definitely fitter and stronger, but probably a bit fatter (not much though). Unfortunately I have a face like a horse's ass so you won't be seeing me starring in the next stargate incarnation
                    You forget that I've seen your picture and it definitely didn't look like a horse's ass. Maybe a monkey's, but definitely not a horse's.

It was probably the first time she'd seen him in that mode too, at least first hand. Most of their other interactions would've been when she the dominant one, or when he said he was going away to deal to someone but she didn't get to see it first hand.
                    Oh, that's true. She was probably impressed by his being so large and in charge. (and my brain slips back to the gutter)

*hugs SR* Sorry to hear the Hokies lost. USC actually managed to win this week, which shocked me to no end. In other college football news, Air Force beat Navy in overtime, 35-34. John, Lorne and the boys will be strutting all over Atlantis for the next week, while Cadman and the rest of the Marines will no doubt be crying into their beers.
                    They better not mess with Cadman too much, though. She IS the explosives expert.

But don't feel too bad, SR. My state doesn't even have a frakking team in that division.

RAWR. In. The. Gutter!
                    Best place to be!!

Comment

It's true though. If they wanted to pursue J/T, they should've been on top of stuff like that. Not with overtly shippy scenes (in case it didn't go ahead and was interpreted as teasing later on the two dream scenes) but just the general tone of their relationship. The actors should've been reminded of what their respective characters thought of each other. As should've been the case with sparky. Have a look at the tag scene in 38mins - that scene was apparently an add on, which is why they're in unusual clothes choices for their characters. Joe and Torri played that a little playful - I wouldn't say it was flirty exactly, given the situation - and this was very early on. This would've been a perfect time for someone to have a word to them.

Ouch. Sounds painful.
                      I don't have one, but they're fairly common here. The rule of thumb is that the closer to a bone the tat is, the more painful it is.

You forget that I've seen your picture and it definitely didn't look like a horse's ass. Maybe a monkey's, but definitely not a horse's.
                      My weight does tend to go up and down a lot, and that picture is a few years old now, so the horse comment is probably more accurate

Oh, that's true. She was probably impressed by his being so large and in charge. (and my brain slips back to the gutter)
                      .....of the mission? I imagine someone could do a cap with a flattering cap of him (large) followed by her (in charge). I think that would've been the first time she'd gone out with them on a dangerous mission (?) right from the outset, if you disregard Progeny (that was supposed to be a diplomatic mission).

Sorry if there are typos in this. I'm watching the rugby as I watch this. NZ is in a national state of mourning today, we lost a key player to injury (I'm not kidding, some of the stuff on Radio Sport was unbelievable - on a similar level to the person at a convention who asked Michael Dorn what it felt like to be 'beamed' somewhere). We're playing Canada today, whom we will beat easily. Argentina next week, whom we will also beat, but not by as much. I'm not sure who it will be after that as it depends on points and whatnot (we still have to play England, South Africa and Australia, but the order of which will depend on this weekends standings).
                      sigpic

Comment

Hello guys just finished the Doctor Who Series Six Finale Might I say Doctor and River Song remind me alot of

Spoiler:
                        John and Elizabeth. At least these two had a happy ending unlike some people *grumbles*

But I did get inspired to write a DW/SGA fic featuring Sparky....but I am more excited to have two badass women like Elizabeth and River in the same room.
                        BALCONIES
                        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                        sigpic

Comment

I really like the way you think!!
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Interesting discussion while I was sleeping. And note that Joe specifically said at the con yesterday that he was going to the Marseilles con, so we can relax on that front. Now we just have to wait and hope Torri also shows up.

This is going to be the most awesome Sparky weekend of all time. I hope those who are going have your questions ready.
                            sigpic

Comment

The weekend before Marseilles, Torri will be in Belgium for a local convention so as long as she doesn't cancel for that one, she'll also be in France. And so far, she hasn't cancelled. *knocks on wood*
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                The weekend before Marseilles, Torri will be in Belgium for a local convention so as long as she doesn't cancel for that one, she'll also be in France. And so far, she hasn't cancelled. *knocks on wood*
                                Have you heard the news that after the Marseilles con, Joe will be filming in Belgium on a new show called Metal Hurlant? Something to ask him about. And Sparktober is now in full squee. It's going to be a good month.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X