No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And speaking of SGARising. I'm ready to get back to work on my first ep "To Build a Fire" which whumps John like he has never been whumped before. In fact I do believe I have devised an entirely new method of Johnwhumpage. Stay tuned.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      And speaking of SGARising. I'm ready to get back to work on my first ep "To Build a Fire" which whumps John like he has never been whumped before. In fact I do believe I have devised an entirely new method of Johnwhumpage. Stay tuned.
      That makes John cry. ====

... And so on and so forth.

Heh.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
        That makes John cry. ====

... And so on and so forth.

Heh.
        Oh he will probably cry a bit. Maybe even say a naughty word or two. Blush for sure. And then try to forget the whole thing ever happened.
        sigpic

Comment

Shep Whumpage......The Lady More likes that is there a way to sign up as a standby writer?
          BALCONIES
          The Breeding Ground of Ships.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
            Shep Whumpage......The Lady More likes that is there a way to sign up as a standby writer?
            We don't really have a standby list but when the time arises that we need new writers, we will "hold auditions". Several people have expressed interest. Meanwhile keep writing and study canon. The first requirement is that you have viewed all 5 seasons in their entirety and are very familiar with canon. No matter how painful some aspects of it are. *coughMcKellercough*
            sigpic

Comment

We don't really have a standby list but when the time arises that we need new writers, we will "hold auditions". Several people have expressed interest. Meanwhile keep writing and study canon. The first requirement is that you have viewed all 5 seasons in their entirety and are very familiar with canon. No matter how painful some aspects of it are. *coughMcKellercough*
              Aye Aye Capitan! The writing shouldnt be a problem, (I am writing Spaky Smut now as we speak). And as for the *coughcoughMcKellercough* I predict you will do away with THAT
              BALCONIES
              sigpic

Comment

Aye Aye Capitan! The writing shouldnt be a problem, (I am writing Spaky Smut now as we speak). And as for the *coughcoughMcKellercough* I predict you will do away with THAT
                Nope, not gonna rewrite canon to suit ourselves no matter how much it hurts. No canon relationships will break up in S6. SGARising is not primarily Sparky fanfic. It's for everyone. Aside from honoring JF's request, there will be very little ship of any kind right away.
                sigpic

Comment

Nope, not gonna rewrite canon to suit ourselves no matter how much it hurts. No canon relationships will break up in S6. SGARising is not primarily Sparky fanfic. It's for everyone. Aside from honoring JF's request, there will be very little ship of any kind right away.
                  wait what request did Joe F make?

Comment

Belated christmas cheers fellow sparky fans, hope everyone has had a lovely time and santa was good to you. I Finally got SGA season three, only been hinting for the last two years.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Doesn't come as a surprise really... SGU's creation pretty much sealed Atlantis' fate to begin with.

Old news...
                      Agreed

From a business point of view, that makes no sense really.
                      At the time, he was saying that if a movie were to get the green light, it would likely be SGU over SGA, due to the fact that all the sets etc are (were) already in place. If they decide to make one sometime in the (probably distant, if at all) future, it'd be the one (SGA, SG-1, SGU) that'd bring in the most money. At any rate, it seems pretty unlikely that we'll see a movie from any series.

I'm with FH in giving this a big old WELL DUH! This is not news. The naivete of fans amazes me sometimes but I'd better not go there. And as for TPTB, especially JM, this is a case of a 3 year old stomping his feet and breaking his other toys when Mom takes away his favorite. They couldn't make us like their favorite show, blamed us when everybody didn't watch it and now want to punish us. Whatever.

It just means there will be no new canon so SGARising is as good a way of continuing with S6 as anything else. Well, except for the comic books which are canon. But those are a long way off. It's going to be determined by how fans accept our version of canon and I think all areas of fandom with the exception of a few niche groups will love it.
                      Reading some of the comments on GW has me scratching my head. Blaming SGA fans for not watching SGU is a little silly. From what I can see, SGU has the broadest appeal of all three shows (younger cast, less tech, a well known star [Bob Carlyle, as well as guest eps from RDA]) yet still managed to fail. BSG had a much larger fanbase, but its prequel got canned at the same time - by that logic, all those fans of BSG who didn't watch Caprica are to blame. I will watch Caprica when it gets here, but I don't count as a viewer. If Caprica (which had a bigger leg up than SGU ever did) failed, it was hardly a surprise that SGU would, simply based on the ratings.
                      sigpic

Comment

And at least one person will return from the dead characters world...

Seriously looking forward to Rising...

Originally posted by lizabeth39 View Post
                        I Finally got SGA season three, only been hinting for the last two years.
                        I imagine you felt relieved to finally see that one in your stocking...

We don't do presents at christmas...actually we don't celebrate christmas at all. But I do have a present coming my way come new year (and for my b'day a few days later).
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

^ what she said.

If you (writers) start nixing things like that, where do you draw the line? It starts to become NOT!canon! very quickly.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                          He wants to do some fishing of his own, as per our earlier convo (he wants a girlfriend)

Belated christmas cheers fellow sparky fans, hope everyone has had a lovely time and santa was good to you. I Finally got SGA season three, only been hinting for the last two years.
                          Merry Christmas to you too
                          sigpic

Comment

Yep, he asked for a girlfriend for John.

Time for some serious rewatching. Cheers back to you!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Eeeee, Kris, what a great story! Darnit, we should totally have gotten more family scenes like that on the show. Oh well, we're going to take care of that, won't we? *high-fives*
                              Yay, thank you!!
                              I'm so glad you liked it!!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Remember that wee bit of fic I mentioned a couple of pages back... yeah, the one that could maybe potentially possibly have some form of Sparky in there...
                              Read it and totally loved it!!
                              Love me some cute and sweet Christmas fic!!
                              Thanks for sharing and for including Sparky

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              I heard. Can't say I'm surprised. I think this just makes it all the more imperative that we kick ass and take names with Atlantis Rising. The fans deserve a Season 6 that doesn't insult their intelligence.
                              Hear hear!! Atlantis Rising will be awesome!!

I gotta tell SGU Really Screwed things up royally for us Atlantis fans' I was actually looking forward to some sort of swan song for them but nope we get screwed again.
                              You were looking forward to a swan song? Really? After all the blame the SGA fans got about screwing over SGU?? I knew SGA would only get blamed more.

Woot!! Totally looking forward to it

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                              If you (writers) start nixing things like that, where do you draw the line? It starts to become NOT!canon! very quickly.
                              I agree. Where do you draw the line? How far can you go in changing canon before people start complaining or before you start writing for a limited amount of fans.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                              He wants to do some fishing of his own, as per our earlier convo (he wants a girlfriend)
                              Well, he wants John to have a girlfriend

Sig by me

Comment

Another preview from my fic Falcon Hours Your girl Heightmeyer is briefly mentioned.

Spoiler:
                                He watched with wide eyes as Elizabeth walked to his dresser drawer. She opened the top drawer and pulled out two of his ties. She walked back towards him. His eyes darted towards the ceiling. His heart began racing. THUMP! THUMP! THUMP! He could hear it in his ears. He closed his eyes for a moment wondering what possibly his lover had in mind for him.

For one John was not going to be able to touch her. A whine left his lips at the thought. When they kissed he loved roaming his hands roamed over her body. He knew Elizabeth could be self conscious because she didn’t have the body or the features of her fellow expedition members like Teyla, Dr. Kate Heightmeyer and Laura Cadman. But the fact she wasn’t as curvy as Cadman, had beautiful long blonde locks like Kate or naturally huge breasts like Teyla was what he loved about Elizabeth, she was no supermodel but a goddess in his eyes. And he savored every curve his hands touched. It was going to take a lot of strength not to go mad from not touching her.

Knowing himself, he wouldn’t control himself. He’d be like a junkie in rehab, detoxing.
                                BALCONIES
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X