Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Tao is my favorite episode, which would seem strange considering Rodney isn't my favorite character (that would be Elizabeth), or even my second favorite (that would be John). Rodney is a distant third. Like everyone else has said, it was an Atlantis family episode. All 6 of the main characters had important parts to play, as well as Zelenka, Lorne, and Chuck. If Kate and Caldwell had been there then the whole family would have been present. (It would have made more sense for Teyla and Kate to teach Rodney to meditate, but I LOVE the scene with John trying to. "Lizabeth made me." "Oh, yeah, me too.")
    Hah! That is such a cute moment in the midst of the seriousness. Our Lizzeh's got them all wrapped 'round her little finger. And John loves it that way.

There are so many scenes that I adore. There's John trying to convince Elizabeth to use the device on himself which highlights their chemistry and great comedy skills. There's John leaning over Elizabeth's shoulder to look at her computer when John doesn't even read Ancient (oh John, you're so obvious).
    And note how he's totally comfortable leaning over her shoulder, and she's totally comfortable with him leaning over her shoulder. When they're that physically comfortable in each other's presence that they're not tensing up at the slightest little thing... Yeah. Chemistry, they haz it.

There's John and Elizabeth having a companionable lunch together.
    And one has to wonder just how many lunches they've had together, too.

Ronon was beyond awesome in this one ("Can I shoot him now?"). The tea scene with Teyla, the apology to Zelenka, the 2 hugs with Ronon... Oh and the book that Rodney wrote about Elizabeth with the infamous chapter 10 describing their "indefinable and yet magical chemistry". Oh, how I would love to read that (and to have John read it).
    Yay, team! That's why I love this episode so much. On the surface, it seems to be all about Rodney, but dig a little deeper, and you find that it's all about everyone.

One of the sigs I made for the whump thread is from Tao, and it's shippy...

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...is/tao-sig.gif

The other sig I made is somewhat Sparky too... (I'm such a one trick pony)

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...mon-ground.gif
    Eeeee, I love 'em! Great job!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Hah! That is such a cute moment in the midst of the seriousness. Our Lizzeh's got them all wrapped 'round her little finger. And John loves it that way.

And note how he's totally comfortable leaning over her shoulder, and she's totally comfortable with him leaning over her shoulder. When they're that physically comfortable in each other's presence that they're not tensing up at the slightest little thing... Yeah. Chemistry, they haz it.

And one has to wonder just how many lunches they've had together, too.

Yay, team! That's why I love this episode so much. On the surface, it seems to be all about Rodney, but dig a little deeper, and you find that it's all about everyone.

TOR is one of my favorites too. It's a team episode with the whole "team", not just the 4 who go out and shoot bad guys. You get a good sense of how much they care about each other and everyone gets a chance to do something.

You're right about John and Elizabeth being comfortable together. They just are. Neither of them gives a thought to personal space. They don't tense up or move aside when the other one gets close. It's a beautiful thing. Just think of how many scenes on the balcony have had her standing out there and John walking up. If you back that up, you see that he sought her out and often without any reason but to stand there with her and look at the moon. Add the desk sitting and you get two people who are extremely comfy together.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

LOVE THE SIGS JT especially the second as a closet Kolya/Elizabeth Shipper *ducks from flying things* I love the look of horror on Kolyas face when John says Elizabeth's name.......Hes so jealous
        BALCONIES
        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all the hugs! My knee is still killing me, but I can take the staff elevator instead of the stairs.

Since someone had to mention Ohana, I feel obligated to repost these (spoilered for size):

Spoiler:

Well, lunch break is over, so back to work! Have a good day, everybody!!!

Comment

RE: the "Tao of Rodney" picture?

It screams

Mwahahaha. Sparky for the win.

NOW back to work.

*zips away*

EDIT: AND this is my 1,100th post!!! Yippee!!!
            Last edited by ShipperWriter; 07 September 2011, 07:32 AM. Reason: My 1,100th post!!!

Comment

ShipperWriter - congrats on 1,100! I'm catching up to you. Watch out!

Thanks! Next time there's an artwork challenge on the whump thread I'm going to try my best not to make it shippy.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              You're right about John and Elizabeth being comfortable together. They just are. Neither of them gives a thought to personal space. They don't tense up or move aside when the other one gets close. It's a beautiful thing. Just think of how many scenes on the balcony have had her standing out there and John walking up. If you back that up, you see that he sought her out and often without any reason but to stand there with her and look at the moon. Add the desk sitting and you get two people who are extremely comfy together.
              Yet I've read some people say John always tensed up when she came into his space.

First off, John's usually the one who invades her space. Like 9 times out of 10. They must have been watching a different show than I was.

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
              LOVE THE SIGS JT especially the second as a closet Kolya/Elizabeth Shipper *ducks from flying things* I love the look of horror on Kolyas face when John says Elizabeth's name.......Hes so jealous
              Thanks I knew you'd like that one.

Back to work for me too....

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                RE: the "Tao of Rodney" picture?

It screams

Mwahahaha. Sparky for the win.

NOW back to work.

*zips away*

EDIT: AND this is my 1,100th post!!! Yippee!!!
                Big congrats! Love the Ohana artwork too.

Thanks! Next time there's an artwork challenge on the whump thread I'm going to try my best not to make it shippy.

Yet I've read some people say John always tensed up when she came into his space.

First off, John's usually the one who invades her space. Like 9 times out of 10. They must have been watching a different show than I was.

Tensed up? Really? Someone was watching an AU I think. He didn't look very tense sitting on the corner of her desk, now did he?
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Eeh, just don't let taris see it. She's a strict no-ship!John fan; he belongs to her.

They're watching the AU version. You know, the one where everything is backwards?

Big congrats! Love the Ohana artwork too.
                  *grins* Thanks!

Tensed up? Really? Someone was watching an AU I think. He didn't look very tense sitting on the corner of her desk, now did he?
                  Aah, great minds think alike!

*points at sig below*

The Sparky defense rests.

A'right, well, work is done for the day, have some errands to run, be back later.

Comment

You make that artwork any way you want!!! If shippy fits the challenge....then make it that way if you want. We aren't dictating people's creativity. We are just sharing ideas and having fun!!!! *eyeroll* Not making it shippy just because */eyeroll*

(((HUGS)))
                    sigpic

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Thanks for all the hugs! My knee is still killing me, but I can take the staff elevator instead of the stairs.

Since someone had to mention Ohana, I feel obligated to repost these (spoilered for size):

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...y/Ohanasig.png

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...arky/Ohana.png

Well, lunch break is over, so back to work! Have a good day, everybody!!!
                      Hooray for the Ohana sigs! And congratulations on hitting 1,100 posts!

Methinks they're mistaking Elizabeth for someone else that John really did tense up around.

*points at sig below*

The Sparky defense rests.
                      Word! Sparky for the win! LOL!
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

So somehow over the weekend, I twisted my knee and Sunday morning it was all swollen and stiff. Still stiff, nad now that school is back in, I have to walk around campus allday with it.
                        Hope the knee feels better soon!! *hugs*
                        Believe me I know how terrible that can be. I did a number on my knee playing high school football and when the temperature changes alot I start to limp. I graduated about 15 years ago and it still acts up!
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

And look how she's holding Rodney's hand. So much for her being cold and unfeeling. And speaking of hands, where exactly is John's right one? Just sayin'.
                          Who can blame him!!! Besides John still owes her one for smacking his backside during Rising!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                            Who can blame him!!! Besides John still owes her one for smacking his backside during Rising!!!
                            WTF?!?!? When did this happen? I'm gonna have to rewatch Rising again...

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post

WTF?!?!? When did this happen? I'm gonna have to rewatch Rising again...

Comment

The looks on their faces say it all!!

Comment

Working...
                                X