No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of dark!John from S4-5, there's this scene in BSG's Sine Qua Non that I think also fits John pretty well.

Romo: But then, everyone has his limits. Sine qua non, as they say.

Adama: "Without which not."

Romo: Yes. Those things we deem essential, without which we cannot bear living, without which life in general loses its specific value, becomes abstract.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Speaking of dark!John from S4-5, there's this scene in BSG's Sine Qua Non that I think also fits John pretty well.

Romo: Yes. Those things we deem essential, without which we cannot bear living, without which life in general loses its specific value, becomes abstract.
      That would be his Lizzeh. *sobs*
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday and a good Labor Day to you all! Me, I was out shopping all day.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Amen, sister. I had withdrawal symptoms all day yesterday.
        Heh. The Sparky Thread. It's like crack, only better.

And congrats on your win also.
        And what an ugly win it was, too. Clearly they haven't learned anything from last year. *headdesk*

I'm pretty sure it was Doppelganger. John said maybe they could try to reason with the crystal entity and Sam remarks that being in Dr. Weir's old office made him think of that. Way to twist the knife, Sam.
        Grr. I hated that moment.

Yeah, it might have been Doppelganger. It's been a while since I watched any of those episodes. I suppose I'll have to do a rewatch of the series now that I've got my shiny new Blu-rays.

Hmm, there's a thought. Anyone up for a post-a-thon style rewatch here on the thread?

I am restarting my S4/5 rewatch, getting to all the ones I skipped initially. I'll get to that one soon. This weekend I watched Tabula Rasa and Harmony. Tabula Rasa was just as forgettable as I initially recall. It was fine, but felt pretty pointless. The best part was Ronon shooting John and saying something like "that never gets old". It was yet another example of episodes that would have benefitted from having Carson and Elizabeth there instead of Keller and Sam. Think of Carson telling John about Elizabeth's condition in Adrift, or Elizabeth giving the speech about Kate in Doppelganger. Both those situations would have been made better by the mere fact that these characters had 3 years of history. Likewise, I think Tabula Rasa would have been made more interesting with Carson and Elizabeth there because of their histories with all the other characters.
        My frustration in seeing all those "could have been" moments is a big part of why I've never rewatched S4-5, except for a couple of isolated episodes. Vegas, I'm looking at you.

As for Harmony, it actually was more enjoyable than I remembered. The girl was obnoxious, yes, but John was great. He was definitely thinking of Elizabeth with his speech about being a good leader. That whole bit about having to do what is best for others instead of yourself just reeked of Lizzie. ETA: I just realized something. In Tabula Rasa, Rodney is all supportive boyfriend then in Harmony he's calling "dibs" on the third sister. Huh?!
        That was the best part of the episode, in my opinion. Don't even get me started on that thrice-be-damned commemorative painting at the end.

Is it all done? Must be lovely!
        Still have to put pictures back up and move a bookcase back in, but it's looking very gorgeous.

It would have been VERY interesting to have the clones survive. Heck, maybe they did. That could have been a stun weapon that Clone!John got hit with. It showed the short-sightedness of TPTW that they created these clones and then got rid of them in the very same episode. So much wasted potential.
        Yep. For all we know, Oberoth could've been the puppet master behind everything, trying to draw out the real Atlantis. Oh, wait...

*wibbles*

That would be his Lizzeh. *sobs*
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday and a good Labor Day to you all! Me, I was out shopping all day.

<snip>

Hmm, there's a thought. Anyone up for a post-a-thon style rewatch here on the thread?
          Ooh, shopping for what?

I'm in favor or a post-a-thon rewatch!!

Comment

Ooh, shopping for what?

Me too, if it's at a time when I can take part. We can do a snarky way it shoulda been postathon.
            sigpic

Comment

Ooh, shopping for what?
              Organizer boxes for my dresser drawers (I got these), a couple of magazines at Barnes & Noble (including Martha Stewart's annual Halloween special issue), and wine. Lots and lots of wine.

Me too, if it's at a time when I can take part. We can do a snarky way it shoulda been postathon.
              Excellent! We'll need to rope convince a few more people to join up, set a time, and we'll be off to the races! And SR, what do you mean we 'can' do it in a snarky way? Haven't our post-a-thons always been snarky? LOL!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

A sig I made for the whump thread challenge of using favorite lines

sigpic

Comment

So somehow over the weekend, I twisted my knee and Sunday morning it was all swollen and stiff. Still stiff, nad now that school is back in, I have to walk around campus allday with it.

Anyhow, long story kinda short ... I drove to Naples on Saturday to visit a friend of mine, and on the way down I was listening to a David Archuleta CD that my sister just had to buy a couple years ago. I heard a new Sparky song and when I get on my laptop that has all my Sparky vids on it, I'm making a Sparky vid. I will try to have it done by the weekend.

Anyhow, here's the song: "You Can".

Off to work, be back later! Have a great day, everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...igs/Cheeky.jpg
                    Great. I love that moment. Such an easy bit of teasing between them.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                    So somehow over the weekend, I twisted my knee and Sunday morning it was all swollen and stiff. Still stiff, nad now that school is back in, I have to walk around campus allday with it.

Anyhow, long story kinda short ... I drove to Naples on Saturday to visit a friend of mine, and on the way down I was listening to a David Archuleta CD that my sister just had to buy a couple years ago. I heard a new Sparky song and when I get on my laptop that has all my Sparky vids on it, I'm making a Sparky vid. I will try to have it done by the weekend.

Anyhow, here's the song: "You Can".

Off to work, be back later! Have a great day, everyone!
                    Poor baby. I hope it heals soon.

And a new vid. Yay! We don't have nearly enough of those anymore. Can't wait.
                    sigpic

Comment

ShipperWriter - poor kiddo! I hope it starts to feel better soon!!

I was capping some episodes for the whump sig challenge, and I saw something I'd never noticed before. This scene from Tao of Rodney:

Look at the space between Carson, Teyla, and Ronon. Then look at John and Elizabeth.

Personal space? What's that?

Oh yeah - question about the heroic moments poll. When we say maximum 3 Sparky, does that mean only 3 of John or Elizabeth? Or only 3 where they're heroic at the same time?

Comment

I was capping some episodes for the whump sig challenge, and I saw something I'd never noticed before. This scene from Tao of Rodney:

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...f-rodney-4.png

Look at the space between Carson, Teyla, and Ronon. Then look at John and Elizabeth.

Oh yeah - question about the heroic moments poll. When we say maximum 3 Sparky, does that mean only 3 of John or Elizabeth? Or only 3 where they're heroic at the same time?
                        And look how she's holding Rodney's hand. So much for her being cold and unfeeling. And speaking of hands, where exactly is John's right one? Just sayin'.
                        sigpic

Comment

And look how she's holding Rodney's hand. So much for her being cold and unfeeling. And speaking of hands, where exactly is John's right one? Just sayin'.
                          I always loved that scene, for many reasons. One of them is because they feel like a true family, with all their differences they accept each other for who they are and support each other the best way they can. I love the obvious closeness as well and I love how they ALL were there for Rodney, despite his, eh, rather charming nature. It's the Ohana thing - nobody is left behind or forgotten. At least not in fanon.
                          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Mmm... I'd have to say however you interpret the heroic moment - if it's sparky-related that it counts to the 3, otherwise not.

Sparky-hero moment could be Franibeth saving John.
                            Non Sparky-hero moment could be John going on the suicide mission to give Atlantis a chance.

Is that making it more clear?
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Ow, ShipperWriter! I hope your knee is feeling better soon! *hugs*

Originally posted by Pocus View Post

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...igs/Cheeky.jpg
                              Eeeee! Awesome sig! I just love the 'cheeky' moment.

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...f-rodney-4.png

Awww, lookie how MommaBear is holding BabyBear's hand. Ain't that sweet?

In the gutter!

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                              I always loved that scene, for many reasons. One of them is because they feel like a true family, with all their differences they accept each other for who they are and support each other the best way they can. I love the obvious closeness as well and I love how they ALL were there for Rodney, despite his, eh, rather charming nature. It's the Ohana thing - nobody is left behind or forgotten. At least not in fanon.
                              Yup, Team Atlantis = Ohana! Just goes to show that we take better care of the characters than those who created them in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Mmm... I'd have to say however you interpret the heroic moment - if it's sparky-related that it counts to the 3, otherwise not.

Sparky-hero moment could be Franibeth saving John.
                                Non Sparky-hero moment could be John going on the suicide mission to give Atlantis a chance.

Is that making it more clear?
                                Gotcha! Thanks.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                                Anuna!! *glomps* (I'm mathgirl24 everywhere else, in case you've forgotten )
                                So nice to see you!!

Tao is my favorite episode, which would seem strange considering Rodney isn't my favorite character (that would be Elizabeth), or even my second favorite (that would be John). Rodney is a distant third. Like everyone else has said, it was an Atlantis family episode. All 6 of the main characters had important parts to play, as well as Zelenka, Lorne, and Chuck. If Kate and Caldwell had been there then the whole family would have been present. (It would have made more sense for Teyla and Kate to teach Rodney to meditate, but I LOVE the scene with John trying to. "Lizabeth made me." "Oh, yeah, me too.")

There are so many scenes that I adore. There's John trying to convince Elizabeth to use the device on himself which highlights their chemistry and great comedy skills. There's John leaning over Elizabeth's shoulder to look at her computer when John doesn't even read Ancient (oh John, you're so obvious). There's John and Elizabeth having a companionable lunch together. Ronon was beyond awesome in this one ("Can I shoot him now?"). The tea scene with Teyla, the apology to Zelenka, the 2 hugs with Ronon... Oh and the book that Rodney wrote about Elizabeth with the infamous chapter 10 describing their "indefinable and yet magical chemistry". Oh, how I would love to read that (and to have John read it).

One of the sigs I made for the whump thread is from Tao, and it's shippy...

The other sig I made is somewhat Sparky too... (I'm such a one trick pony)

Comment

Working...
                                X