Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
    From what I remember from 'Rising', Teyla said that they moved their hunting camps around. I guess that's where the nomadic part came from (sorry if this question has already been resolved). Now this might imply that there are other, more established, settlements on the planet, but we never heard about any and Teyla's tone made it kind of seem like there weren't. I agree about the different branches/tribes scattered around Athos though.
    And having more than a few settlements would've made the original evacuation from Athos after the Wraith attack in Rising much more complicated than it appeared, not to mention the various relocations that happened since. Certainly, the group that came through with Sheppard and Ford in Rising was pretty small, and the impression I got from watching was that it was just the one camp that we had seen. I chalk it up to more inconsistent writing by TPTW.

Personally, I also think that the idea of several semi-permanent settlements (in addition to a couple of mobile hunting camps for each settlement) on Athos makes more sense. Maybe each of these settlements sends a representative to the Athosian council that SR was talking about earlier. That's something else we could incorporate into the stories we have planned for Teyla and the Athosians in Season 6.

And I kind of got the impression that the Athosians were technologically advanced at some point far far in the past, but that had been all but obliterated with only a few small things still in use, like the fire starters. I also kind of think that the super fancy lighters were originally Athosian, because of her "We mastered fire long ago" line. Of course, we never did get confirmation on the city. Likely it was Ancient, or at least built by the Ancients, and the ancient Athosians kind of lived there too and traded and learned from them and got to make use of technology that they later kept. Of course, that's assuming the Athosians were around when the Ancients were.

Sorry if this is a bit of a ramble. It's late, that's my excuse.
    Don't worry, that makes perfect sense to me. That's pretty much how I saw the Athosians' history prior to Rising, based on the facts we got in the episodes.

And yay! A toast! Here's to Sparky minds indeed!
    Hear, hear! *raises a glass*
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I didn't win the mint jar *cries*
      I bid $ 315, which, imho, is already a lot of money for a half-assed jar (I would bid at least double that amount for the full-blown one though) but the rotten thing is that the auctions always end somewhere between 3AM and 4AM in my timezone. And since it's on Sunday night, I can't stay up that late as I have to get up for work around 7AM, so I have to enter my max amount around 2 hours before the auction ends. Which means that, yet again, I got overbid on all 4 auctions I bid on
      It so sucks
      Anyone have any fluffy Sparky to cheer me up?

Sig by me

Comment

Ok, so I can presume the poll is over since no one voted anymore and even if they did, the winner can barely be defeated.
        So, I changed my posters
        Honest opinions please! I'm thinking of, for now, changing the 'sgarising.com' to 'By the fans, for the fans', until the website is actually online.
        We do, however, have to buy the domain asap, so others won't beat us to it.
        These are the poster: Gold and Blue/green

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          It all happened so fast that I'm not quite sure what happened, but I think I tripped over my own feet on the very last step before the bottom, so my feet slipped out from under me and I twisted my big toe as I did one of those sit-down-on-my-butt falls. Irritating, to say the least. I was at home, so I got some ice on it right away and kept icing it throughout the evening until bedtime. It looks like I just pulled a muscle/ligaments, so it's kinda stiff and there's only just a little bit of swelling. I think it'll be okay.
          Ouch. It may be a bit black later on though.

As I recall, back in Rising, Teyla told Sheppard that the last great culling on Athos occurred "five generations ago." So how long is a generation? We generally define it as being the period of time between birth to those children growing up and having their own children. For those of us in the Western world, that's about 25-30 years, but it's typically shorter for less advanced societies. Ballpark, I'd say it happened somewhere around 100-150 years ago.
          But then on planet kidkill, a generation must be considerably shorter than that, else they'd die out pretty quickly. Around here, it's not uncommon to be 35yr old grandparents. Not ideal, but it happens quite a bit. But that's rather OT. Yes, probably at least 100 years, if nobody alive can actually remember the culling

*cackles* You've still got the touch!
          Touched in the head, more likely

Originally posted by Probie View Post
          SR: Oups sorry mom. I already have a problem with the real one.lol
          What can I give you? All my love.....
          Maybe this can be enough

Gravity

Scene 1

Scene 2

Scene 3

Scene 4

There are so many scenes. I can't take all of them or I will post the whole show.lol

And the last ones

Souvenir

Funny parallelism between two ships......I'm evil so I will say that we can more "sparkles" with our ship.

Are you happy mom?

The funny parallelism one is a bit harsh - none of those scenes are meant to be played off each other like that. I like it, but it's a bit out of context.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          *runs in and hides in corner*

All LJ's fault - Doppelganger picspams ... and I didn't even need to look to be reminded.
          It's all right, you can re-read your fic - see, everything is okay (((pats lemming)))

From what I remember from 'Rising', Teyla said that they moved their hunting camps around. I guess that's where the nomadic part came from (sorry if this question has already been resolved). Now this might imply that there are other, more established, settlements on the planet, but we never heard about any and Teyla's tone made it kind of seem like there weren't. I agree about the different branches/tribes scattered around Athos though.
          It's a plausible scenario. A pity TPTW never thought to inform us properly.

And I kind of got the impression that the Athosians were technologically advanced at some point far far in the past, but that had been all but obliterated with only a few small things still in use, like the fire starters. I also kind of think that the super fancy lighters were originally Athosian, because of her "We mastered fire long ago" line. Of course, we never did get confirmation on the city. Likely it was Ancient, or at least built by the Ancients, and the ancient Athosians kind of lived there too and traded and learned from them and got to make use of technology that they later kept. Of course, that's assuming the Athosians were around when the Ancients were.
          My initial take on the old city was that it was built by the ancients. But we never got a good look at it, and I don't believe that was TPTW's intention
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
            I bid $ 315, which, imho, is already a lot of money for a half-assed jar (I would bid at least double that amount for the full-blown one though) but the rotten thing is that the auctions always end somewhere between 3AM and 4AM in my timezone. And since it's on Sunday night, I can't stay up that late as I have to get up for work around 7AM, so I have to enter my max amount around 2 hours before the auction ends. Which means that, yet again, I got overbid on all 4 auctions I bid on
            It so sucks
            Sorry about the jar. That's more than I would pay even for the whole one.

Ok, so I can presume the poll is over since no one voted anymore and even if they did, the winner can barely be defeated.
            So, I changed my posters
            Honest opinions please! I'm thinking of, for now, changing the 'sgarising.com' to 'By the fans, for the fans', until the website is actually online.
            Beautiful. I love the gold one. I bookmarked these for future reference.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

THIS would become the new header of the website, featuring the entire main cast
              I made it a bit fast at work, so if you see anything that's still off, let me know.
              I'm also thinking of making a banner version out of it.
              And since the banner is blue-ish, the site will be more blue too instead of gold.

Sig by me

Comment

I made it a bit fast at work, so if you see anything that's still off, let me know.
                And since the banner is blue-ish, the site will be more blue too instead of gold.
                Love it. I like the gold better but I guess we need to have consistent colors. And we do need a banner version of the poster. Thanks Kris.
                sigpic

Comment

And THIS would be the site with the new look.

Sig by me

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday and Happy Memorial Day! In the midst of picnics and frolic and fun today, please take a moment to remember those who have given their lives so that we can enjoy such days of freedom.

It so sucks
                    Aw, nuts! *huggles* Yeah, that's more than I would've spent on the jar sans lid as well. And yes, I'd be willing to pay at least double that for the complete one, too. The things we do in the name of Sparky.

Something fluffy? Let's see, how about Mirroring, by our very own Anuna. Set during Season 1; the gate room crew watches their leaders.

So, I changed my posters
                    Both of those are lovely! I might want to reduce the size of the SGA logo a bit, as it seems to overwhelm the smaller text of 'virtual series' line on top and the 'sgarising.com' on the bottom, but otherwise, it looks great!

Oh, that banner looks AWESOME!

And so does the site design!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it

Sig by me

Comment

That looks beautiful. Very professional. You are the master.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Aw, nuts! *huggles* Yeah, that's more than I would've spent on the jar sans lid as well. And yes, I'd be willing to pay at least double that for the complete one, too. The things we do in the name of Sparky.

Something fluffy? Let's see, how about Mirroring, by our very own Anuna. Set during Season 1; the gate room crew watches their leaders.
                          I'm still totally bummed out I didn't win it... if only the auction didn't end in the middle of the night, I might have had a chance.
                          And thank you for that rec. It did make my day a bit better

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          That looks beautiful. Very professional. You are the master.
                          Thank you!!!

Sig by me

Comment

I'm still totally bummed out I didn't win it... if only the auction didn't end in the middle of the night, I might have had a chance.
                            There's really no way to set an auction end time that's reasonable for everyone; with Propworx located in California, I imagine they were probably thinking to end the auctions on Sunday evenings so that they could get to work putting up the next round of auctions and starting the packing and shipping for completed auctions the next morning. Plus, years of eBaying have shown me that early evenings on Sunday are the best time for sellers to set the end times of their auctions, as most people in the US will be home to do that last-minute bidding. Pretty much the best you can do is place a proxy bid that's the highest you're willing to go, and hope for the best.

*huggles* I'm glad, it's been a while since I read that one myself.

Comment

Thank you!!!
                              Do you know how much it finally went for? If they're going this high, I won't bid on the complete one. I'd rather spend the money on shoes. LOL
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                                It's all right, you can re-read your fic - see, everything is okay (((pats lemming)))
                                Didn't think of that...
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X