Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    *takes deep breath*

    MY FURNITURE IS HERE! AHAHAHAHAH!

    And to paraphrase from Queen Elizabeth I, 'it is marvelous in our eyes.'

    Pics to come tomorrow, when I can take them in daylight.

    Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Yay, I got electricity back! **happy dance**



    [ATTACH=CONFIG]31733[/ATTACH]

    I've got all my electronic stuff on at the same time.
    YAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!! That is great news! And yes, I can totally understand wanting to reaffirm the bond with tech toys after a long and difficult absence.

    Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    *claps hands* I've been thinking about you. What a relief!

    This should provide a nice Sparky plot bunny. Four days without power on Atlantis...who cracks first? After Rodney.
    The obvious answer would probably be John, but I can see it driving Elizabeth nuts, too. Hmm, this requires some more thought, methinks.

    Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    It feels like it's raining cats and dogs here in Florida. Most of the gutters are completely full, and it's forecast to rain for the remainder of the week. And now, they're watching a system moving into the Gulf from the Caribbean, but they're not sure where it'll go. We're not as bad off as New England, but I don't think we could handle a storm right now.

    Well, off to bed. This crazy girl has to be up at 5 o'clock, so I'll be getting a whopping ... 5 1/2 hours of sleep? Oh goody.

    Night!
    Nighty-night, and may those pesky storms go away soon!

    Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
    I just tried to get on SGA Rising and instead of the site I got this big ol' message saying I had 5 viruses and I needed to run a program to get rid of them yada yada yada. I closed out of it even though it said I would crash my computer, then checked my own security system and everything was fine. Anybody else getting this?
    Whoa! I'm on my iPad at the moment, so I can't really do an accurate check on the site, but that's...disturbing.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
      I just tried to get on SGA Rising and instead of the site I got this big ol' message saying I had 5 viruses and I needed to run a program to get rid of them yada yada yada. I closed out of it even though it said I would crash my computer, then checked my own security system and everything was fine. Anybody else getting this?
      It wasn't playing nice for me about two days ago. I thought about saying something to you all but since no one else mentioned having any problems with it I let it go.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

      Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

      Comment


        Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post


        The obvious answer would probably be John, but I can see it driving Elizabeth nuts, too. Hmm, this requires some more thought, methinks.


        My first thought was John spending the time driving Elizabeth nuts!! - if my imagination was working at anywhere near full power I would so give this one a go (not to mention my writing skill being up to par!!)

        Oh I made this, Loved the quote, not sure I did it justice though

        Spoiler:
        sigpic
        Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

        Comment


          Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
          My first thought was John spending the time driving Elizabeth nuts!! - if my imagination was working at anywhere near full power I would so give this one a go (not to mention my writing skill being up to par!!)

          Oh I made this, Loved the quote, not sure I did it justice though

          Spoiler:
          *claps* Great job!

          I haven't gotten on the SGARising site, but I'm out of time this morning. Maybe someone wants to Tweet KrisRussel or email her?

          mandogater -- check your inbox. *thumbs up*

          Comment


            Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
            I just tried to get on SGA Rising and instead of the site I got this big ol' message saying I had 5 viruses and I needed to run a program to get rid of them yada yada yada. I closed out of it even though it said I would crash my computer, then checked my own security system and everything was fine. Anybody else getting this?
            Originally posted by mandogater View Post
            It wasn't playing nice for me about two days ago. I thought about saying something to you all but since no one else mentioned having any problems with it I let it go.
            It's working fine for me, but I will alert Kris.

            Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
            My first thought was John spending the time driving Elizabeth nuts!! - if my imagination was working at anywhere near full power I would so give this one a go (not to mention my writing skill being up to par!!)

            Oh I made this, Loved the quote, not sure I did it justice though

            Love it. You're starting quite a collection.
            sigpic

            Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              It's working fine for me, but I will alert Kris.

              Love it. You're starting quite a collection.
              Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
              *claps* Great job!

              I haven't gotten on the SGARising site, but I'm out of time this morning. Maybe someone wants to Tweet KrisRussel or email her?

              mandogater -- check your inbox. *thumbs up*
              Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              *takes deep breath*

              MY FURNITURE IS HERE! AHAHAHAHAH!

              And to paraphrase from Queen Elizabeth I, 'it is marvelous in our eyes.'

              Pics to come tomorrow, when I can take them in daylight.

              YAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!! That is great news! And yes, I can totally understand wanting to reaffirm the bond with tech toys after a long and difficult absence.

              The obvious answer would probably be John, but I can see it driving Elizabeth nuts, too. Hmm, this requires some more thought, methinks.

              Nighty-night, and may those pesky storms go away soon!

              Whoa! I'm on my iPad at the moment, so I can't really do an accurate check on the site, but that's...disturbing.
              I checked it and it was fine for me too--and I have a pretty intense firewall/security program on this computer. I went back and checked the core index files and didn't offhand see a malware script, but she's using a different type of code/build program than I'm used to, so I might not be familiar with what it looks like.

              Changes were made to the index on 8/25, though, so perhaps she knows more about it and can answer it when you email her.
              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

              Comment


                I got an answer back from Kris and she asked the following of those who are having trouble. She needs to know where on the website they have it, what browser they use, what virus scanner they have and if it's
                before or after logging in.
                She didn't see any problems either.
                sigpic

                Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

                Comment


                  Hey guys.....Just checking in.

                  My power went out for FIVE DAYS it was just AWFUL but I am fine. And the power just came back on....I was litterally dancing as princess Aurora in my living room. Yay!
                  BALCONIES
                  The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                    Hey guys.....Just checking in.

                    My power went out for FIVE DAYS it was just AWFUL but I am fine. And the power just came back on....I was litterally dancing as princess Aurora in my living room. Yay!
                    You and JT-2. I think you win by a few hours. What a horrible experience. Glad you're online again.
                    sigpic

                    Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      You and JT-2. I think you win by a few hours. What a horrible experience. Glad you're online again.
                      Dont remind me!

                      I hope JT gets power too she doesnt desrve to go through this!
                      BALCONIES
                      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                        Dont remind me!

                        I hope JT gets power too she doesnt desrve to go through this!
                        She got hers back last night. I just heard that 80,000 people up in Baltimore are still without power. And they warned everybody to watch out for poisonous snakes.
                        sigpic

                        Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          I got an answer back from Kris and she asked the following of those who are having trouble. She needs to know where on the website they have it, what browser they use, what virus scanner they have and if it's
                          before or after logging in.
                          She didn't see any problems either.
                          I just tried again and still have the problem. It brings up the front page briefly then immediately tells me my computer is infected with viruses and wants me to delete them etc. (It makes it look like Windows is telling me about this problem.) I'm on the latest IE browser and my virus software is Kaspersky. Don't even get the chance to log in to the site. I'm going to run a deep scan on my computer now. If it finishes before I go back to work, I'll let you know.
                          sigpic
                          sig by SueKay

                          My Team:

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            She got hers back last night. I just heard that 80,000 people up in Baltimore are still without power. And they warned everybody to watch out for poisonous snakes.
                            We had over 500,000 homes without power. Long Islanders were about to litterally lash out against LIPA.....but they are working on it.

                            The highlight of my Irene experience is I went outside the morning Irene Hit while it was still windy and Rainy with the pug and screamed KOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYAAAAAAA at the top of my lungs like John did in "The Storm" I probably woke up everyone on my block....

                            Oh btw I saw a truck that said MISTER SPARKY I howled in laughter.
                            BALCONIES
                            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                              Looks like there's two more storms coming in ... Hurricane Katia is out in the Atlantic and if it doesn't start moving north, I might be out of school/work next week. Another system is jsut sitting over the Gulf of Mexico, but it's starting to circulate, and if it does then we might have another storm. One from both sides -- gotta love living on a huge peninsula!

                              Started writing "Four Days" -- aka, "What happens in Atlantis when the power goes out". It seems plausible, but I'm no expert on the generators and the ZPM, so I'm taking a few liberties. But if it means Elizabeth gets to see John without a shirt because of a lack of A/C, you bet your bottom dollar I'm gonna do it.

                              Anyhow, after school detention is done! Heading to Starbucks, then going to change and go take a long walk over a tall bridge and get some exercise. If it doesn't rain, that is.

                              Have a good morning/afternoon/night!

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                It's working fine for me, but I will alert Kris.
                                Just had another virus attack stopped while trying to get on SGA Rising. Both times I'd just got on the site and the warning message came up in the corner saying an attack was stopped. Pretty much whenever that has happened in the past, I always run the most intense scan Norton has available and find nothing. Maybe I'm just being my paronoid computer illiterate self.
                                Last edited by mandogater; 01 September 2011, 12:33 PM.
                                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

                                Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X