Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
    That was a fun one wasn't it? Ever since Joe did a guest spot in season 1, I've been wondering when someone else from Stargate might show up. I know Jewel was in last season but since the guy who played Simon from Firefly was in that episode as well I only count her as Firefly. For some reason I can never remember that guy's name.
    Sean Maher and he's unbelievably adorable too. I asked Jewel at a local convention last year what it was like to be back on set with Sean and she said she absolutely loved it, and so did he. They had an absolute blast together, and she poked fun at his spandex costume.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Belmene View Post
      Are you talking about me ???? Because I think I'm the greatest Romelia's fan ever (or at least I remain faithful to this pairing...). And it's true: all of you are talented. (And I'm not flattering you because I want just a little kiss between Ronon and Amelia in this season 6 ! LOL)
      There you are. I was indeed talking about you. We appreciate our fans and hope to make your dreams come true. Writers take note.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        I thought Elizabeth would be Aeryn/The Princess because John C. certainly doesn't think it's a hardship to have to kiss her. AND I'd love to see Torri get to go all out with the comedy there.

Here's the parts I had settled in my head:

John Crichton = John Sheppard
        Aeryn / Princess = Elizabeth
        Chiana = Teyla
        D'Argo / Hansel and Grettel guy = Ronon
        Jool / Hansel and Grettel girl = Amelia
        Scorpius / Harvey the butler = Kolya
        Gilina = Chaya

Then I'm not sure about the rest...

Crais / Ogre = Maybe Rodney, to a ) give the McWeir shippers something to squee over, and b ) give Joe and David the chance to duel.

Rigel / knight = ?
        Zhaan = ? Hey, if I make it Kate then there's one scene that would make a certain lemming VERY happy.
        Stark = ?

Ok, can you tell I've thought about this way too much?
        Hmm, the reason I ask is because John Quixote is sort of a Zhaan centric story. Aeryn may be John's true love for the rest of the show but Zhaan was the real princess in that world because the game was designed by Stark. Of course, if it were an accurate representation of John Quixote, there would have to be an ugly version of the princess. Seeing a shirtless man playing Weir or Heightmeyer would be... weird.

Personally I think maybe Rodney could be Rygel and Todd should be Crais. And if I had to pick one of Shepard's one shot love interest, then maybe Teer would be Gilina. Stark could be uh...Carson?
        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          Hello thread. BAAAAACK!
          Heya, love! *huggles*

BTW, you'll need to fix your sig when you get a chance; they changed the rules on how you can do sigs again.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          There you are. I was indeed talking about you. We appreciate our fans and hope to make your dreams come true. Writers take note.
          *salutes*

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
          Hmm, the reason I ask is because John Quixote is sort of a Zhaan centric story. Aeryn may be John's true love for the rest of the show but Zhaan was the real princess in that world because the game was designed by Stark. Of course, if it were an accurate representation of John Quixote, there would have to be an ugly version of the princess. Seeing a shirtless man playing Weir or Heightmeyer would be... weird.

Personally I think maybe Rodney could be Rygel and Todd should be Crais. And if I had to pick one of Shepard's one shot love interest, then maybe Teer would be Gilina. Stark could be uh...Carson?
          Hmm, methinks I'm going to have to watch Farscape at some point...
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Aloha!!!

Before school prep started today. I get to spend the next two days handing out textbooks to students. With all the bending, lifting, and carrying that I'm gonna hafta do, I'm expecting to lose at least 5 lbs.

Probie, mandogater, gateraid, and Anuna, happy to see you all!

On the subject of what Sparky would've been doing in the timeline from "2010", as much as I hate to dash your guttery dreams -- -- the Aschen came in 2000, and I have a feeling that if they took over Stargate operations and defeated the Goa'uld, they never would have found the platform near McMurdo and the events of "The Lost City" would have never transpired, and Atlantis never would have been found.

... So Sparky was destined to find each other somehow in an Aschen controlled world.

*plot bunny hops by screen*

Dang it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Hmm, methinks I'm going to have to watch Farscape at some point...
              Yes. Come to the dark side. What's so bad about a ship that
              Spoiler:
              ends happily for the couple?

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                Aloha!!!

Before school prep started today. I get to spend the next two days handing out textbooks to students. With all the bending, lifting, and carrying that I'm gonna hafta do, I'm expecting to lose at least 5 lbs.

Whew! Just remember when picking up something from the floor, bend with your knees.

On the subject of what Sparky would've been doing in the timeline from "2010", as much as I hate to dash your guttery dreams -- -- the Aschen came in 2000, and I have a feeling that if they took over Stargate operations and defeated the Goa'uld, they never would have found the platform near McMurdo and the events of "The Lost City" would have never transpired, and Atlantis never would have been found.

... So Sparky was destined to find each other somehow in an Aschen controlled world.

Dang it.
                ...and start an underground resistance movement against the Aschen. And have lots of sexin' times (yay, Smut Day!) to repopulate the world. Because John and Elizabeth are too darn smart to trust in the Aschen's "anti-aging" drug at face value.

Yes. Come to the dark side. What's so bad about a ship that
                Spoiler:
                ends happily for the couple?
                Why, nothing at all.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Aloha!!!

Dang it.
                  Remember to lift with your legs and you'll be fine.

Been a busy couple of months for me or I'd have been around more. Helping parents with stuff and their computer not liking this site for some reason and a pair of weddings to go to take up a lot of time.
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Ooh, that's good to know. I must go check it out. I know we also have one huge Ronon/Amelia shipper who always leaves nice comments.

And we also have a
                    Spoiler:
                    John/Mayel shipper, which was inevitable if we did our job right.There's a cute bit for that ship in the first chapter of First Year.
                    Not a Romelia shipper (I'm open to it, but I don't care either way, and it is sorta canon) but the
                    Spoiler:
                    John/Mayel shipper was definitely inevitable. I liked the bit in Trust where the guy coughed behind her, and the bit in TBaF where she giggled. Having read these bits, and knowing The Plan (sorta) I'm more in favour now of them getting closer than I ever was before. So long as it completely bamboozles Shep and everyone else, naturally.

I'd say we're definitely doing our job right. Perhaps a little too well...
                    Nah, this porridge is juuuust right

OMG, Torri would have a blast getting to goof off with that!

Joe and David would have waaaay too much fun with that! For that matter, the McSheppers probably would, too.
                    I'm sure they would like a McShep swordfight battle. I've not watched the show, so I can't comment on characters. The costumes look ridiculous, it seems quite camp. Then again, I have watched Dr Who.....

Hello thread. BAAAAACK!
                    Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post

Does it have to be a shirtless man? What about a really agressive woman

Aloha!!!

Dang it.
                    Happy to see you too Yikes, back to school. If you were here, our schools have been off for a few days due to snow, so you could've had some more time off Almost our entire country got snow, it was very odd. One of my teacher friends was cursing this morning because she got a text to say her school was reopening.

Re 2010, I agee, there'd have been no Atlantis as we know it. Even if they'd accidentally discovered the weapons platform, the Aschen only conquered by sterility, so presumably they wouldn't want to stretch themselves into another galaxy. That's open to interpretation I guess. I doubt Shep & Weir woul've met. In fact, given that her job would've essentially been over (world peace and all) an he'd still be in the military (maybe) the chances of them meeting (unless by pure chance) would be pretty slim. Still, not impossible.....

Whew! Just remember when picking up something from the floor, bend with your knees.
                    Don't use your back like a crane, bend your knees to take the strain. Or something like that. Except when you are doing a lot of heavy lifting, it's easier to have a sore back than sore knees *shrug*

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                    Remember to lift with your legs and you'll be fine.

Been a busy couple of months for me or I'd have been around more. Helping parents with stuff and their computer not liking this site for some reason and a pair of weddings to go to take up a lot of time.
                    We appreciate it when you are around Hope RL quietens down
                    sigpic

Comment

It's been a while since I've watched that episode, looking back over some pictures, he actually has a shirt most of the time. But I thought I remembered him being shirtless at some point in the episode. The idea was that the real princess was kept secret and so was initially disguised by ugliness, hence the character had a male actor at first.
                      Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 16 August 2011, 08:34 PM.
                      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                        We appreciate it when you are around Hope RL quietens down
                        Thanks!! With any luck after this weekend things will quiet down a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Sean Maher and he's unbelievably adorable too. I asked Jewel at a local convention last year what it was like to be back on set with Sean and she said she absolutely loved it, and so did he. They had an absolute blast together, and she poked fun at his spandex costume.
                          I have no doubt they all had a hard time keeping a straight face with that one and with just about every other line being a comic book reference probably didn't help either.

Comment

Note traken. Since I'm writing shippiest episode so far. LOL! *goes to open BoD file*
                            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Note traken. Since I'm writing shippiest episode so far. LOL! *goes to open BoD file*
                              *dusts hands* My work here is done. SGARising has the best writers in the world. And they read minds.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Not a Romelia shipper (I'm open to it, but I don't care either way, and it is sorta canon) but the
                                Spoiler:
                                John/Mayel shipper was definitely inevitable. I liked the bit in Trust where the guy coughed behind her, and the bit in TBaF where she giggled. Having read these bits, and knowing The Plan (sorta) I'm more in favour now of them getting closer than I ever was before. So long as it completely bamboozles Shep and everyone else, naturally.
                                Ah, never fear,
                                Spoiler:
                                there will be much bamboozlement.

Nah, this porridge is juuuust right
                                Heehee!

That episode is so going to rock!

*dusts hands* My work here is done. SGARising has the best writers in the world. And they read minds.
                                And we give the audience what they want. Which just so coincidentally is also what we want. Funny how that all works out.

Comment

Working...
                                X