Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    I MISS FIREFLY. Every time someone quotes it I have to go watch the whole series all over again.

I'm lurking mostly, now, but I thought I would drop by with a gift. I'm working on Evolution right now and am almost through Chapter 1. Here's a quickly whipped up part.

Spoiler:

“I would suggest you lower your weapons,” said a guttural voice nearby. Ronon remained on the first figure as Teyla whirled around to face their new assaulter.

From the shadow of the ship structure, a pale figure moved into the twilight. Teyla felt her heart leap at the sight of skin. White, with an inhuman shimmer, eyes like slats and white hair that fell down upon thin, strong shoulders.

Wraith.

More the figures emerged from the shadows of the trees. John, even Rodney with his pistol raised, knew not where to turn as they found themselves surrounded. The Wraith sported their stunner weapons, all save the one who had spoken to Teyla.

“Lower your weapons,” the Wraith repeated. Teyla felt her mind go numb, aware that this may quite possibly be the end, one she was not expecting.

And yet, something felt wrong. Not in the sense of the predicament, but in the sense of the danger. She felt unafraid.

The Wraith warriors drew closer to them, surrounding them in a circle.

“Please lower your weapons,” said the Wraith once more. Teyla rose out of her defensive crouch, feeling not so much compelled as…acquiescent. There was something about the Wraith’s tone that was not menacing.

John, too, appeared more interested than worried, though Ronon kept his weapon raised and ready to fire. As the Colonel took a closer look at their captors, he frowned, eyes widening as he caught her gaze, and nodded towards the one who’d spoken.

Teyla suddenly understood his concern. The commander drew into a beam of light, and despite the depth of the voice and the appearance of the armor, there was something quite clear--and ery different--about the Wraith before them.

She was a Queen.

Teyla’s eyes darted around the circle, scanning the faces of all the warrior drones within her periphery, and felt her heartbeat begin to race.

“They’re all Queens,” Rodney said softly, his surprise, combined with terror, vocalizing the feelings of them all.
    Oh wow, that is so great. The excitement is going to heat up again soon. And I'm glad TBaF is up and done. *dusts hands*

We saw Cowboys & Aliens today, and if anyone is thinking about going, don't miss it. It was extremely enjoyable. The aliens reminded us a bit of the Wraith at first. Warning though, it's very violent. But has good humor and great characters.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      The postman just dropped off my shiny new Stargate Atlantis complete series Blu-ray set. Damn, this thing is so tiny next to my SG-1 complete series DVD set.
      since gateworld hasn't done a review of it, can you do one?

Comment

so i have decided to put my "moving on" story on hold until i have some major free time. i realized that school starts back up in a couple of weeks and with me taking over 12 units i have my work cut out for me. *is prepared to be pelted with tomatoes and shoes*
        Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 29 July 2011, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Oh wow, that is so great. The excitement is going to heat up again soon. And I'm glad TBaF is up and done. *dusts hands*

We saw Cowboys & Aliens today, and if anyone is thinking about going, don't miss it. It was extremely enjoyable. The aliens reminded us a bit of the Wraith at first. Warning though, it's very violent. But has good humor and great characters.
          Good to know. The whole premise sounds like some cracktastic SyFy movie, and yet... Harrison Ford and Daniel Craig are in it? Yum. I'll have to put that on my 'to see' list after Harry Potter. No, I still haven't seen it yet; planning to do so tomorrow.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          since gateworld hasn't done a review of it, can you do one?
          Maybe next week.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good to know. The whole premise sounds like some cracktastic SyFy movie, and yet... Harrison Ford and Daniel Craig are in it? Yum. I'll have to put that on my 'to see' list after Harry Potter. No, I still haven't seen it yet; planning to do so tomorrow.
            Hurry up and go see Potter, it was awesome!!!!
            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Thanks!

Mmm.... she does have a tendency to make sure to be at my side at all times. I sometimes wonder who's whose pet.
              Cats are like that sometimes. She must've chosen you as her master

I looked it up cause I wasn't sure about it either...

*drools* I almost missed the symbols

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I know! Seriously, what is their problem?
              I found out yesterday that site is Russian based. I probably shouldn't comment on Russian engineering, but, well, you know....

I'll spontaneously combust anyway... the guest list is so awesome that I won't survive the weekend anyway. So far I think there's only one that I'm not too interested in, and one still needs to be announced. There are 4 stargate guests (Torri, Joe, Ryan Robbins and Dan Payne), 2 Sanctuary guests (Ryan Robbins again and Robin Dunne), 1 BSG guest (Rekha Sharma - she was Roslin's secretary) and 1 Star Trek Voyager guest (Manu Intiraymi - he was one of Borg kids they rescued and stayed on board voyager with Seven).
              Convention of awesome! Rekha Sharma - how do I say this without spoiling things? She was the one with the big honker, right?

Seeing as how my warning not to break the interwebz on LJ two weeks ago fell on deaf man's ears, I wouldn't count on us NOT burning the forum while you're enjoying yourself in the next 5 days... No promises!
              Noooo, not GW too!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              Hey everybody! Let's see if GW lets me multi-quote this many posts....

Oh, and I can't believe I'm finally in the sig making business and now I can't do the rotating sig thing. I was 2 sigs away from it (and I already had the ideas for both). That's what I get for being a procrastinator, I guess.

I guess I just outted myself as a huge Torri fangirl. Ah, hell, I don't care if everyone knows of my girl-crush.

And I still haven't seen that TNG movie. What a horrible fan I am.
              For Nemesis, you're not missing much. Although speaking of ST, I did hear a quote yesterday that totally pwnd Troi.

That's the one! I've seen quite a few pictures of her in that shirt. She looks so cute there!! Damn scary cheekbones. Wow! I read in someone's ff.net profile that they thought she was ugly (guess what kind of fan it was? ). Can someone please hit me with that ugly stick? Please?!
              I think that shot proves that The Flan was right - she looks a lot better in person

Thanks SR! If I was him, I'd be kinda scared that someone was willing to pay that much money just to meet him. Flattered, but a little scared.
              Be afraid, Flan, be very afraid

Cool list of people!! As for the BSG guest, I loved the guy who played her first secretary. He was just adorable. I was so sad when... well, you know.
              Oh. I only saw him as Bambi. And we all know what happened to Bambi. Or Bambi's mother. I not sure which, I've never seen the movie, but you know what I mean.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              I told all that on Twitter, but will be glad to repeat. Grilled salmon, 4 bean salad, fruit salad, roasted potatoes, peach pie a la mode, and we had homemade snickerdoodles for a snack. LOL Today we're going to lunch at Panera Bread then seeing Cowboys & Aliens. BTW, is anybody else as ticked off as I am that they keep saying this is the first combination of a western with SciFi? Hello, Firefly anyone?
              Mmmmmm. Yummy yummy yummy

Mmmmmm.... yummy!

We aim to misbehave - FIREFLY ROCKS!!!

Anyway... you were saying...
              Firefly - I don't get why it was cancelled. Although having only watched it recently, I'm a little late to the party. But it had so much potential *scratches head*

And since I haven't done one of these in a while...

Spoiler:

410_thismortalcoil_425.jpg

So how are you finding being a replicator?

Oh, you know, odd. We are Replicators. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. Your life, as it has been, is over. From this time forward, you will service us

What?

Exactly what I said John. I need you to service us

I'm still not following you

Do I need to draw you a diagram? Never mind, come here....
              sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                I will, I will!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                I found out yesterday that site is Russian based. I probably shouldn't comment on Russian engineering, but, well, you know....
                Originally a US company, then bought by the Russians. Apparently they've been suffering another DoS attack by hackers.

I think that shot proves that The Flan was right - she looks a lot better in person
                She's gorgeous in person! If the haters ever saw her in person, they'd change their tune real quick!

Spoiler:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31210[/ATTACH]

Oh, you know, odd. We are Replicators. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. Your life, as it has been, is over. From this time forward, you will service us

What?

LMAO! Oh, you've still got the touch!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Spoiler:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31210[/ATTACH]

What?

LOL! He never sees it coming, does he?

Just got home from taking my cat to the vet. $300 later....... we wait for the test results. And he's going to have to go under anesthesia for a tooth problem once we get him healthy. That'll be another few hundred $. And all that money I spend on him and he avoids me 90% of the time. Out of the 3 people in the house, I definitely rate third to him. But I pay for everything. There's something fundamentally wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                    I haven't seen it yet either.

*hides*

Comment

Hello ladies miss me? Working on Atlantis BB and Work takes my time......boy do I need to catch up.
                      BALCONIES
                      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                      sigpic

Comment

Eureka OT.

Spoiler:
                        Just caught up on the recent episodes of Eureka and i gotta say that Dr. Beverly Barlowe reminds of Dr. Heightmeyer if Kate went evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                          Eureka OT.

Spoiler:
                          Just caught up on the recent episodes of Eureka and i gotta say that Dr. Beverly Barlowe reminds of Dr. Heightmeyer if Kate went evil.
                          If you want to see Claire play an evil character I suggest watching the episode of Monk she did - deliciously evil. *think*

**//**

Went to see Harry Potter today and had the most hilarious moment in the car with my best friend who was telling me and my sister about the wedding she attended last week. One of the people sitting at her table was a man named John Sheppard. He was a history professort I think - didn't quite catch that since I had to do a double take and she had to repeat the name to which my sister and I started laughing. She didn't watch SGA but because my sister and I talk about it she does know the characters. It wasn't until we started laughing that she caught up with where our thoughts were at.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Aww, JT, I hope your cat is feeling better soon! Even if it is obviously an ungrateful little brat.

Went to see Harry Potter today and had the most hilarious moment in the car with my best friend who was telling me and my sister about the wedding she attended last week. One of the people sitting at her table was a man named John Sheppard. He was a history professort I think - didn't quite catch that since I had to do a double take and she had to repeat the name to which my sister and I started laughing. She didn't watch SGA but because my sister and I talk about it she does know the characters. It wasn't until we started laughing that she caught up with where our thoughts were at.
                            That reminds me of an AU fanfic series in which John was a math professor who was always trying to avoid the female students staking out his office. And that's how he met Lizzeh. Langford University, I believe it was called.

Comment

That reminds me of an AU fanfic series in which John was a math professor who was always trying to avoid the female students staking out his office. And that's how he met Lizzeh. Langford University, I believe it was called.
                              Do you remember the name of that story?

Comment

Just got back from seeing the last Harry Potter movie. *sobs*

OMFG. So. Good.

Spoiler:
                                Poor Severus. *wibbles*

Next week, Cowboys and Aliens!

Comment

Working...
                                X