Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    And I'm just back from dinner and too full to move again. The white chocolate bread pudding was almost the end of me. Yum.

    We've gotten some great comments today on TBaF. Most of our readers agree that
    Spoiler:
    poor Sue is a sad creature indeed. John just seems to leave a string of broken hearts everywhere he goes. I couldn't do anything else but make him a gentleman with her just like he is with every woman he meets. That John Sheppard really knows how to treat a lady.
    sigpic

    Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      And I'm just back from dinner and too full to move again. The white chocolate bread pudding was almost the end of me. Yum.

      We've gotten some great comments today on TBaF. Most of our readers agree that
      Spoiler:
      poor Sue is a sad creature indeed. John just seems to leave a string of broken hearts everywhere he goes. I couldn't do anything else but make him a gentleman with her just like he is with every woman he meets. That John Sheppard really knows how to treat a lady.
      Haven't read it yet, but will be this week. Have another week off of work. WooHoo!

      Found some icons I had made when I was trying to do an ABC of Sparky icon fest. Nobody played along so I stopped. Here are some of the icons.





      Of course this was when GW avi's were much smaller. They look so tiny.
      sigpic

      Comment


        Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Just got back from seeing the last Harry Potter movie. *sobs*

        OMFG. So. Good.

        Spoiler:
        Poor Severus. *wibbles*


        Next week, Cowboys and Aliens!
        I saw Captain America. It was good. still need to see Harry Potter and cowboys and aliens. not all that excited to see transformers 3.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!



          I will, I will!
          The sooner the better. My sister got me started on Potter. I think it's only fair, she got me hooked on something, considering I got her and our mother started on hockey and our mother started on Stargate Atlantis. She's fond of McKay for some reason.
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

          Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

          Comment


            Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Just got back from seeing the last Harry Potter movie. *sobs*

            OMFG. So. Good.

            Spoiler:
            Poor Severus. *wibbles*


            Next week, Cowboys and Aliens!
            I'm tempted by Cowboys and Aliens but I have a serious problem with Daniel Craig since I read an interview with him where he says he hates guns and yet he stars in movies where he uses them. That level of hypocrisy tends to make me want to vomit.
            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

            Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

            Comment


              welcome back TLM!

              Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Just got back from seeing the last Harry Potter movie. *sobs*

              OMFG. So. Good.

              Spoiler:
              Poor Severus. *wibbles*


              Next week, Cowboys and Aliens!
              Did they do Snape's story line justice? That was my favorite part of the book, so I've been afraid they screwed it up in the movie.

              Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              And I'm just back from dinner and too full to move again. The white chocolate bread pudding was almost the end of me. Yum.

              We've gotten some great comments today on TBaF. Most of our readers agree that
              Spoiler:
              poor Sue is a sad creature indeed. John just seems to leave a string of broken hearts everywhere he goes. I couldn't do anything else but make him a gentleman with her just like he is with every woman he meets. That John Sheppard really knows how to treat a lady.
              That episode was great fun! It was nice to have a break from all the heavy drama. Rodney cracked me up.

              Originally posted by Pocus View Post
              Haven't read it yet, but will be this week. Have another week off of work. WooHoo!

              Found some icons I had made when I was trying to do an ABC of Sparky icon fest. Nobody played along so I stopped. Here are some of the icons.





              Of course this was when GW avi's were much smaller. They look so tiny.
              Wow, those are awesome Pocus!! I love the "buh-bye dear" one the most. That SO fits that picture!

              Comment


                Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                Did they do Snape's story line justice? That was my favorite part of the book, so I've been afraid they screwed it up in the movie.
                My sister and I agreed today that the book is better than the movie - the book was more powerful and we didn't feel that the movie did the book justice. However, as far as Snape goes I can't say for sure seeing as how it's been a loooooong time since I read the book.

                We're going back next weekend to compare the 3D-version with the 2D-version since I think it wasn't specifically filmed as 3D-film which makes it ideal for comparison. But that's just us...

                As we were watching the 2D-version on saturday I also noticed special effects hickups which made my sister and friend roll their eyes at. But I really can't help doing that... ...I always seem to notice such things.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  My sister and I agreed today that the book is better than the movie - the book was more powerful and we didn't feel that the movie did the book justice. However, as far as Snape goes I can't say for sure seeing as how it's been a loooooong time since I read the book.

                  We're going back next weekend to compare the 3D-version with the 2D-version since I think it wasn't specifically filmed as 3D-film which makes it ideal for comparison. But that's just us...

                  As we were watching the 2D-version on saturday I also noticed special effects hickups which made my sister and friend roll their eyes at. But I really can't help doing that... ...I always seem to notice such things.
                  Thanks for letting me know. I assumed the book would be better, because, well, books usually are. I'm just hoping that Snape gets the moment he deserves. He's probably my favorite character in the whole series. And I adore Alan Rickman (fell in love with him in that Robin Hood movie, fell MORE in love with him in Sense and Sensibility).

                  Now that I know about the special effects issues, I'll be looking for them.


                  Well, I need a good screen cap of the Sparky kiss for a new sig (I'll probably get my behind booted off the whump thread if I post it there. Hmm... maybe I'll put it in spoilers and warn them. Then they can't kill me, right?). So I'm rewatching TLG. For... research *cough*.

                  Comment


                    "Double jeopardy, that's twice as dangerous." Oh John, you're such a dork.

                    Comment


                      OMG John licked his lips like a thousand times before the imprinting. He knew EXACTLY what was going to happen (well, the first part). And he allowed it.

                      Ok, I'll stop spamming the thread now.

                      ETA a few more things

                      Don't be so heartless!
                      Look, they are 2 consenting adults.

                      So I guess we can suppose Carson and Rodney are both Sparky shippers?

                      Ok, I'm really done now.
                      Last edited by JT-2; 31 July 2011, 12:54 PM.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                        And I adore Alan Rickman (fell in love with him in that Robin Hood movie, fell MORE in love with him in Sense and Sensibility).
                        He's quite the actor indeed... we did agree that the cast of all the films has been brilliant, and very high standard. I have much love for the Potter films and can't wait for there to be a complete box set, at least I hope there will be one since I've been waiting for one.

                        I just finished reading the Philosopher's Stone for the first time - and gonna watch the film now to compare.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                        Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          He's quite the actor indeed... we did agree that the cast of all the films has been brilliant, and very high standard. I have much love for the Potter films and can't wait for there to be a complete box set, at least I hope there will be one since I've been waiting for one.

                          I just finished reading the Philosopher's Stone for the first time - and gonna watch the film now to compare.
                          Yes, the cast they managed to get is quite impressive!

                          Comment


                            Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

                            I love those icons, Pocus! Thanks for sharing them!

                            Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            And I'm just back from dinner and too full to move again. The white chocolate bread pudding was almost the end of me. Yum.

                            We've gotten some great comments today on TBaF. Most of our readers agree that
                            Spoiler:
                            poor Sue is a sad creature indeed. John just seems to leave a string of broken hearts everywhere he goes. I couldn't do anything else but make him a gentleman with her just like he is with every woman he meets. That John Sheppard really knows how to treat a lady.
                            And it seems
                            Spoiler:
                            we have at least one John/Mayel shipper on Twitter, too. Hee!


                            Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                            Did they do Snape's story line justice? That was my favorite part of the book, so I've been afraid they screwed it up in the movie.
                            Like FH, it's been a while since I read the book, but the movie struck me as being a bit simplified. Understandable, since there's only so much you can get into a two-hour movie. But I was satisfied with what I saw.

                            Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                            OMG John licked his lips like a thousand times before the imprinting. He knew EXACTLY what was going to happen (well, the first part). And he allowed it.

                            Ok, I'll stop spamming the thread now.

                            ETA a few more things

                            Don't be so heartless!
                            Look, they are 2 consenting adults.

                            So I guess we can suppose Carson and Rodney are both Sparky shippers?

                            Ok, I'm really done now.
                            Hah! Everyone in Atlantis is a Sparky shipper.
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              And it seems
                              Spoiler:
                              we have at least one John/Mayel shipper on Twitter, too. Hee!




                              Like FH, it's been a while since I read the book, but the movie struck me as being a bit simplified. Understandable, since there's only so much you can get into a two-hour movie. But I was satisfied with what I saw.



                              Hah! Everyone in Atlantis is a Sparky shipper.
                              I can't believe you have so many followers for Rising on Twitter now. You guys ROCK!!!

                              Yeah, I figured Snape's story would be simplified. There was no way they could get all that info into the movie. I borrowed the 7th movie DVD from a friend and watched the deleted scenes. I can't believe they deleted the 2 scenes with the Dursleys!! They should have kept those!! In fact, when I watched that movie for the first time I was sad they didn't include the scene with Dudley and Harry. Grrrr.


                              I'm still watching TLG and drooling over how HOT Joe and Torri are in this episode.

                              Hey guys, lookie lookie 111,000 posts!!! AddEmoticons00930.gifsparky_ruffle3.gif

                              Comment


                                Ok, last post about TLG.

                                I love how John knows Elizabeth has woken up. He then starts playing with the PDA. But if he'd been engrossed in the PDA and not gazing at Elizabeth's sleeping form then he wouldn't have known she was waking.

                                And then him teasing "especially when you shot Ronon." Why don't you just pull on her pigtails while you're at it, John!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X